@Aunty Jane - A thread to discuss, with you specifically, a few things, if you will indulge a little time with me. Thank you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
However, upon my own part, in what I believe and practice, is most serious, even having eternal consequences. Thus, my own religion requires deep thought, prayerful study, and intense evidence and detail, lest a mistep lead me to a wrong eternal conclusion. My own belief and practice, is able to withstand any scrutiny, any question, any length of interrogation. I pity any religion (faith and practice) which has not the same substance of character, nor the same substance which affects my own character.
The problem is you don't take a breath.....if your beliefs are able to stand up to scrutiny, I just hope someone doesn't do to you what you did to me. Save your pity for your victims....not because they cannot respond but because they see no point.
You unleashed an avalanche, and never gave me time to answer one post without jumping in with more and more and more.....
I simply can't be bothered to engage to that extent with someone who just wants to prove themselves right....how many posts was that? Count them.... :ummm:

It's too much work to respond to someone who is not really interested in anyone else's POV. Eternal consequences? You bet there are, but its God who reveals his truth to whomever he wishes.....Jesus will let us all know soon enough, who were invited, (John 6:65) and who were flogging a dead horse.

Please delete this thread and go and pester someone else if all you want a game of verbal ping pong. I have more important things to do...

Reactions: ElieG12

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, you don’t seem to understand that I don’t disagree with you.
I was responding to you in regards what you said about myself not reading Aunty Jane's post, and the fallacy that you repeated about what she said. I then represented that evidence.

That you agree with me, is not my point in response. Perhaps I should have worded my response a little differently.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is you don't take a breath.....if your beliefs are able to stand up to scrutiny, I just hope someone doesn't do to you what you did to me. Save your pity for your victims....not because they cannot respond but because they see no point.
You unleashed an avalanche, and never gave me time to answer one post without jumping in with more and more and more.....
I simply can't be bothered to engage to that extent with someone who just wants to prove themselves right....how many posts was that? Count them.... :ummm:

It's too much work to respond to someone who is not really interested in anyone else's POV. Eternal consequences? You bet there are, but its God who reveals his truth to whomever he wishes.....Jesus will let us all know soon enough, who were invited, (John 6:65) and who were flogging a dead horse.

Please delete this thread and go and pester someone else if all you want a game of verbal ping pong. I have more important things to do...
While I see your point, I still have to point out the irony of you being out posted.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was responding to you in regards what you said about myself not reading Aunty Jane's post, and the fallacy that you repeated about what she said. I then represented that evidence.

That you agree with me, is not my point in response. Perhaps I should have worded my response a little differently.
Okay. Your point is noted.

Reactions: Adventageous

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will let us all know soon enough, who were invited, (John 6:65) and who were flogging a dead horse.
It will be too late then.

Joh_5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Most indeed may be "doing it", but I have not. If you think so, feel free to point it out, and I will respond in kind, showing you it is not so by myself.
You said you were ex-Catholic yet I see the Menora as your profile pic.

Have you embraced Judaism?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. It will remain, and the evidence (I know how you would not want it publically available) therein public.

I will now open it up to anyone to discuss Aunty Jane beliefs.
No "ifs" about it. I stated plainly that they are. I remain. You flee.
Untrue. I gave you plenty of time, and would have given more time yet still, but you posted a non-response, and decided to leave. The fault is yours, not mine.
I think you have said volumes, and now look who's throwing a tantrum....? I feel like I'm talking to a petulant 4 year old....
It will be too late then.
Indeed....it is inevitable that "many" will not know that they are deluded, and will meet their judge, making excuses for their failures, but they will be rejected outright (Matt 7:21-23)....only "few" are actually on the road to life. (Matt 7:13-14)
How do we know if we are on the right road? All our brothers will be traveling it with us, hated and persecuted for being different, (as Jesus was) but joyful in our assignment nonetheless. (John 15:18-21)

2 Thess 2:9-12.....
"But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

God will not correct those who want to believe the lies.....He will allow them to believe whatever they like, right down to the end, and then they will be shocked that the "Christianity" they practiced was not the real thing.
It is Jesus who judges the worthiness of a person to enter the Kingdom...not us.....the easiest people on the planet to fool....is ourselves.

Carry on.....

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you have said volumes, and now look who's throwing a tantrum....? I feel like I'm talking to a petulant 4 year old....

Indeed....it is inevitable that "many" will not know that they are deluded, and will meet their judge, making excuses for their failures, but they will be rejected outright (Matt 7:21-23)....only "few" are actually on the road to life. (Matt 7:13-14)
How do we know if we are on the right road? All our brothers will be traveling it with us, hated and persecuted for being different, (as Jesus was) but joyful in our assignment nonetheless. (John 15:18-21)

"But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

God will not correct those who want to believe the lies.....He will allow them to believe whatever they like, right down to the end, and then they will be shocked that the "Christianity" they practiced was not the real thing.
It is Jesus who judges the worthiness of a person to enter the Kingdom...not us.....the easiest people on the planet to fool....is ourselves.

Carry on.....
So, how do we know what is truth from lies? What does it mean in your citation, "the lawless one's presence", and what does that mean for this "lawless one's" followers? What law is it referring to?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, how do we know what is truth from lies? What does it mean in your citation, "the lawless one's presence", and what does that mean for this "lawless one's" followers? What law is it referring to?
You have all the answers already don't you? Why ask me? You are not one bit interested in anything I say.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Carry on.....
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Stand Firm
2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
2Th 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have all the answers already don't you? Why ask me? You are not one bit interested in anything I say.
Here is a difference between you and I, that I will let you in on.

I believe you to be in grievous error, and yet I still speak with you, and desire to engage with you in dialogue in the matters raised because I believe your eternal existence is at stake.

You believe me to be in grievous error, and yet you refuse to engage with me in dialogue on the matter I raised, even though you think that my eternal existence is at stake.

One is love in the face of opposition, the other is pride/selfishness over an injured ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.