Aussie and Kiwi politics and events

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wasn't much to see... You saw a LYREBIRD in the wild... For me i would be over the moon...
It tops my list of birds that i want to see in the wild. I've hiked many Km's through our mountains, never seen one.
I've used food to lure it and hidden in the best spots for hours with cameras, trying to get a glimpse of the Superb Lyrebird... Nuffin.

Im getting to the age where im thinking of taking up bird watching as a new hobby... What can i say... I luv birds... LoL...:):):)
Iv even considered getting into falconry (hunting with a bird of prey) but it's just too much work

And how is the Hawk watching going? You must be sitting on the edge of your seat with that game against the Swans.

Reactions: Brakelite

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei I wonder if they will start to remove other last names from brands? They are ready trying to get rid of anything with a colonial reference.

They (the SWJs) aren't removing anything really, they petition these companies, maybe use threats, bribes, blackmail and then it's up to the company to make the decision. Too many of them are buckling to these demands thinking that the majority of the population feel the same way as these whack jobs. I was watching something recently and they were saying when companies give into the mob and make such changes their brand usually suffers.

I mean the fact that Coon is the guys name has nothing to do with racism, it's just a bunch of SWJ's that sit around on twitter all day looking for something to get upset about cos they want to changed the world. Their taught now that society is bad and that it needs to all be changed.
Their the type of kids coming out now, nearly all of them are like this, would u say?

The right needs to get a grip on education, clear out all the ideological crap and get back to real study otherwise i fear it's too late for the west

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They (the SWJs) aren't removing anything really, they petition these companies, maybe use threats, bribes, blackmail and then it's up to the company to make the decision. Too many of them are buckling to these demands thinking that the majority of the population feel the same way as these whack jobs. I was watching something recently and they were saying when companies give into the mob and make such changes their brand usually suffers.

I mean the fact that Coon is the guys name has nothing to do with racism, it's just a bunch of SWJ's that sit around on twitter all day looking for something to get upset about cos they want to changed the world. Their taught now that society is bad and that it needs to all be changed.
Their the type of kids coming out now, nearly all of them are like this, would u say?

The right needs to get a grip on education, clear out all the ideological crap and get back to real study otherwise i fear it's too late for the west

I don't know if all kids are like that now, when I was going to school, Lolz only maybe 1% were politically correct if lucky. The world has changed into a much more politically correct place within the past 8 years.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wasn't much to see... You saw a LYREBIRD in the wild... For me i would be over the moon...
It tops my list of birds that i want to see in the wild. I've hiked many Km's through our mountains, never seen one.
I've used food to lure it and hidden in the best spots for hours with cameras, trying to get a glimpse of the Superb Lyrebird... Nuffin.

Im getting to the age where im thinking of taking up bird watching as a new hobby... What can i say... I luv birds... LoL...:):):)
Iv even considered getting into falconry (hunting with a bird of prey) but it's just too much work
Hahahaha. If I knew at the time it was such a rare sight I would have been more enthusiastic. I saw my first wombat a couple nights ago. After three years in Oz that excited me. Wanted to take it home.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know if all kids are like that now, when I was going to school, Lolz only maybe 1% were politically correct if lucky. The world has changed into a much more politically correct place within the past 8 years.
Yep. I work as a bus driver for a Christian School. Not many students going to school these days so was delivering some books to the homes instead. Fun meeting the parents. But one family is new to the school. And the student will be catching the bus but they're way outside my normal area so we were talking about pick up points. I asked where she was attending before and why the change. They aren't Adventists...( Only 40% students are Adventists at our schools...40% other denominations...20% not believers including Muslims) but anyway, the answer, she was attending a Christian School and a teacher asked the class, how many believe in Jesus Christ? This student was one of several who put their hand up... The teacher then said he was surprised so many still believe in that myth. Proceeded to berate them for their ignorance. :confused:

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep. I work as a bus driver for a Christian School. Not many students going to school these days so was delivering some books to the homes instead. Fun meeting the parents. But one family is new to the school. And the student will be catching the bus but they're way outside my normal area so we were talking about pick up points. I asked where she was attending before and why the change. They aren't Adventists...( Only 40% students are Adventists at our schools...40% other denominations...20% not believers including Muslims) but anyway, the answer, she was attending a Christian School and a teacher asked the class, how many believe in Jesus Christ? This student was one of several who put their hand up... The teacher then said he was surprised so many still believe in that myth. Proceeded to berate them for their ignorance. :confused:

:eek: they let non-Christian teachers teach at Christian schools now?

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Zealand is on track to elect the ‘gayest parliament in the world’

New Zealanders are poised to elect the 'gayest parliament in the world' in September, vaulting the South Pacific nation past the world-leading United Kingdom for representation.

The current 'rainbow caucus' say there's still plenty to do for LGBTQI+ Kiwis, even after same-sex marriage's legislation and great strides in ending discrimination against the queer community.

There are currently seven out-and-proud MPs in New Zealand's 120-seat House of Representatives.

That will swell to nine on the basis of current polling, and up to 11 should the Greens increase their vote on election day; 19 September.
Don't you think the people of New Zealand could use some GOOD news?? This is very BAD news!

I would say that the LGBTXYZ community there is way over-represented in their government considering that this population is typically less than 10% of a nation. Of course, with school children being brainwashed to accept aberrant sexual behavior, this population is growing. It's tragic!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hahahaha. If I knew at the time it was such a rare sight I would have been more enthusiastic. I saw my first wombat a couple nights ago. After three years in Oz that excited me. Wanted to take it home.

A wombat... Nooo... I could understand wanting a Koala but now a wombsy. Nearly crashed my car twice cos of them.
I remember my auntie and cousins visited us from France. First thing they asked when we got them home from the airport was where is the Koala and Kangaroo... They thought we all had them as pets... loL...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, my! I would fire that teacher in a New York minute!!!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great thing about this pandemic is that with all this extra time im learning about so much. I haven't learnt this much since school.
At school i wasn't interesting in social subjects i was more engineering minded and focused. Im learning stuff now about people, society, even myself that i really should have known already i feel.

Ive heard this term "cognitive dissonance" b4, had a look at a definition and didn't get it.
But something about that term bugs me and i felt i needed to have a closer look to get some understanding.
Now that i do understand it i think its such a profound insight into human nature and how the mind operates. We all do it...

This inner conflict that occurs when your actions don't follow your beliefs, your mind cannot accept it and something needs to change.
For me its opened up a wound as i psychoanalyzed how my cognitive dissonance performed in prison and learned some scary stuff...

I'll probably begin a thread on this later but ive still got to digest these red pills of truth first and take more cos this concept is valuable to understand i think... For me it is anyway... Any of you familiar with the concept of cognitive dissonance?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those kiwis here may be interested a new political party just launched today. I don't recommend the music, but the speeches are interesting... They express much of what we talk about here...

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any of you familiar with the concept of cognitive dissonance?
Yep, I meet it all the time as a Seventh Day Adventist wanting to share the blessings that come with observing the Sabbath. I'm always met with an automated reply that refuses to consider our think about other options... The reply I always get is, we don't have to obey the law any more. That's cognitive dissonance.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep, I meet it all the time as a Seventh Day Adventist wanting to share the blessings that come with observing the Sabbath. I'm always met with an automated reply that refuses to consider our think about other options... The reply I always get is, we don't have to obey the law any more. That's cognitive dissonance.

Bro... Should our actions dictate our beliefs? Or should our beliefs dictate our actions?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im having a red pill moment, when you learn something that is profound.

Understanding cognitive dissonance now is such a revelation. I can see and understand many more things now with myself, human nature.
But that red pill is being mixed with another profound red pill which i've only heard two commentators speak of

Michael knoweles makes these kind of observations.
He says they kneel down and ask for forgiveness, thats what we do with God. The void was left as they abandoned God and they replaced with praying to people
Their guilty of white privilege which their born with... The the original sin rebranded. They can feel sin or evil or something but cant explain it, or they try to, white privilege, your a sinner. He makes some other fantastic observations too.

God is omnipresent right.. not now... Covid is omnipresent, you fear covid now, its wrath kills, it is every where, it can see all, covid is God now.... Covid is also ominiscient and omnipotent and all the other omnis...
Man will always follow the strongest wisest leader... God... Without God you get people like Stalin and Mao or the CDC or science or any other fake messiah..
Who is our saviour... Who... Is it a vaccine... the vaccine apparemntly is our saviour now... not Jesus Christ no... Only the vaccine can redeem mankind....AAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH

20mins not your usual ideas he compares the secular movement to religion,,, ul see,,, worth the time. Dave Culen i think

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One hour of one day... Thats Gods.. I owe him 24/7 but thats all he asks.. 1 hour...
Cognitive dissonance here is so mentally toxic, its hard to describe...

This hour on the sabbath has been the belief of Jews and christians for thousands of years... How many lockdowns... ZERO...

They went through stuff like the bubonic plague, the black death, syphliss, no medicine or anestetic or hygine living with sewage and filth.
But they kept going to church. I rang my parents this morning... they were watching mass... so triggered

our beliefs and actions have to align, our minds sub consciously wont allow it and will fix it asap. Usually u change your belief or u change your action

A man believes smoking causes cancer but feels bad for smoking. the mind eith changes the action and stops smoking
or changes the belief and says "i only have two a day'... or "i exercise and eat well" or something, youve changed the belief...

We believe our time on Sunday is with God... We are being forced... FORCED is the worse, i know from jail, forced to go against our beliefs and not go to church... Can't do, especially if you are heavily invested in your belief, God, that cannot change, the action must change... But Nope

Billions of Christians world wide have sold out on their belief... CATHOLICS church... The blood and flesh of Christ is said to be in the Eucharist... IN IT.. PROTESTANTS LAUGH AT YOU FOR THIS... DO U EVEN BELIEVE IT... DO U...
Then how do u choose not to go to Christ? How can u fear covid more than God? The Vatican sets the orders, fools

Justifications to change the belief include "stop the spread" and "save lives" and other buzz words they fried u with propaganda

Man is rejoicing now cos only the Holy Spirit can reveal so much in so little time...
As flustered as i am about society and the world i need to remember that i can only control me, my relationship with God, my temptations, thoughts, feelings, actions...

It's Sunday... After sundown im riding my bike to the church. I'll be over the moon if its open but it wont be.
But im still going to go, to be alone and pray in the presence of the church.
God is in the tabernacle, i used to laugh at this stuff as an atheist.. LAUGH.. God is in that box, ye right sure i used to think, ignorant i was in Spirit he is there u stoop

going tonight need to be closer to God, He comes before everything. stuff covid, stuff lock downs restrictions, my orders are from God, i fear him

peace out

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bro... Should our actions dictate our beliefs? Or should our beliefs dictate our actions?
Our actions are formed through our relationship with Jesus. By beholding we become changed. By beholding Jesus, in His self sacrificial loving goodness, we become like Him. Some however have a very skewed understanding of who God is. They think He's cruel, tyrannical, unapproachable, distant, waiting for opportunities to cast judgement and plagues on mankind for the slightest of grievances. So they feel they need to go through someone else. Like Jesus mother, or His closest friends. And in beholding such a judgemental stern angry God, they themselves becomes like the false god they created.
If we have a correct appreciation of who God is, and what He's like, then our in actions will reflect that true character. So yeah, beliefs impact how we behave, both for good and evil.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit
As a bird lover i received such a pleasant surprise in the snowfields around Queenstown when i saw these chubby parrots doing some of the most cheekiest things ive ever seen birds do. I saw them raiding cars to try find a way in, i saw them pinching food off peoples tables and just being some of the most charismatic birds i've ever encountered... It was such a pleasure to observe the worlds only alpine parrot, the Kea...

When I got back home i decided to learn more about the KEA and learnt that they are some of the smartest birds, if not, the smartest...

kuzdnvwczsx41.jpg

They look drab until they spread their wings to reveal that beautiful colour...

The term coon is an Aussie one used to describe Aborigines
I thought it an American expression and coon meant as many things are shortened like Pineapples are pines, Suger cane = cane, roo = Kangaroo.

But what does the word coon truly represent in Australia, just a low life thief to me regardless.

Aboriginal to me is a full breed only !
Abo is just short for Aboriginals and nothing more.

Boong is a thug or people you have to look out for, my brothers eldest Son is called Boonga as he is a big fella ay.
When one is talking about the boongs, it means thugs or aggressive violent group of people. The true Abo's would call them that as the real true Abo people who were not corrupted by our governments indoctrination bastardisation did not like the boongs at all, a bloke I knew from 1970's was from their abo Law side Man, he was a proud man with strong set standards respecting the true abo culture ways. what we see nowadays is a joke ! they have nothing truly to do with being aboriginal nowadays, that has been lost and twisted and bastardised.

I was talking to a mate up the road about such things and he thought all such words meant the same and he is 59yo but only been a city person all his life and he clearly did not understand what the words I was saying to him, as nowadays people think all such is the same thing, but it once was not so.
No one called the Abos, Niggers. that rubbish started coming out in the 1990's due to the TV influence and ignorant people who went along with the flow, our older gen people thought :rolleyes: and southerners came up north and bastardised everything, they made up their own opinions and ran with such. I remember that they have set opinions on Queenslanders and it would not matter what you said they insisted they knew better than any Queenslander. they twisted everything around to suit themselves. such a subject is interesting, it's like Kevin 07 coming in and saying, Hi I here to help ! :eek: help :rolleyes:.

We had a bloke from ACT working with us 1980-3 and boy he had it all wrong, he must of been talking to the class of whites who were mainly city southerners in that town as well and never knew the Abo's much at all. but people from Brisbane city were the same in general as well they all knew better. I ask how can one know better when you have never had to live with them day in day out for years:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.