Aussie and Kiwi politics and events

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A source for your figures would be helpful. Without qualifications the figures you have shown are misleading.

Experts forecasted up to 50% increase in suicides from the lockdowns. That's an extra 1,500 a year which equates to over 4 per day
And this is set to continue for another 5 years which will be a total of 7,500.
Australia's suicide rate could surge due to economic fallout of coronavirus

Record calls to mental health services is evidence that the forecasts are correct.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...s-during-second-lockdown-20200710-p55asg.html

Over 3,000 people commit suicide every year in Australia. Most of them are male. But for every successful suicide there are over 21 unsuccessful suicide attempts, that's over 65,000 in a year and most of them are female.
Facts about suicide in Australia - Black Dog Institute

So then, we will be having an extra 32,500 attempts every year for the next 5 years for a total of 162,500

The average age of death is about 80yo. Most of the people committing suicide are under 30yo.
Therefore the death of a 20yo takes away 60 years of life.
In contrast the covid kills people that are old and sick, taking away less than one year of life

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earlier studies have tried to explain the counter-intuitive connection between a growing economy and increasing death rate. Most linked it to employment-related changes in lifestyle or behavior. For example, one academic study bearing the evocative title “Good times make you sick” reported that during times of lower unemployment more people have more money to spend—and too many of them apparently spend it on things like fattening foods and cigarettes. As a consequence, smoking rates and obesity increase during economic expansions and, he suggests, so does the mortality rate.

But Rolden noted that bad behavior related to economic factors doesn’t explain why, in good times, mortality rates increase by virtually the same amount among retirement-age adults and those in the middle of their working lives. Besides, most lifestyle changes take years to impact an individual’s health.

So what does explain the link between rising mortality rates during good economic times among adults of all ages? “The mechanisms underlying the association remain largely unknown,” Rolden and his colleagues wrote.
A downside to an up economy? Mortality rates increase in better times

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Experts forecasted up to 50% increase in suicides from the lockdowns. That's an extra 1,500 a year which equates to over 4 per day
And this is set to continue for another 5 years which will be a total of 7,500.
Australia's suicide rate could surge due to economic fallout of coronavirus

Record calls to mental health services is evidence that the forecasts are correct.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...s-during-second-lockdown-20200710-p55asg.html

Over 3,000 people commit suicide every year in Australia. Most of them are male. But for every successful suicide there are over 21 unsuccessful suicide attempts, that's over 65,000 in a year and most of them are female.
Facts about suicide in Australia - Black Dog Institute

So then, we will be having an extra 32,500 attempts every year for the next 5 years for a total of 162,500

The average age of death is about 80yo. Most of the people committing suicide are under 30yo.
Therefore the death of a 20yo takes away 60 years of life.
In contrast the covid kills people that are old and sick, taking away less than one year of life

Thanks for the "could" links in the source web pages that you provided.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dan Andrews says it again "This is not about human rights, it's about human life"

He also said before that public protests are absolutely not acceptable. If you want to protest, protest against the virus.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Victoria like to be the lead state in the nation and they are leading with 97% of the reported coronavirus cases reported today for the last 24 hrs.

It does tell us a lot about the depth of wisdom found in Victoria when compared with the rest of the Australian states.

Reactions: Scoot

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Victoria like to be the lead state in the nation and they are leading with 97% of the reported coronavirus cases reported today for the last 24 hrs.

It does tell us a lot about the depth of wisdom found in Victoria when compared with the rest of the Australian states.

I think one only needs to look at who Victoria re-elected after the criminal scandal that was going on during election time to see the wisdom in Victoria. Sadly I think we've got the government we deserve in this state - and we're reaping the results thereof. I see on other forums that many are still sprouting that Dan can do no wrong - and that he's making all the right decisions.

No visitors and no weddings or funerals. However it's still acceptable to go out and dine in Restaurants.

Personally - I have no problems with Restaurants - I think the economic impact of closing everything down again would be the end of some businesses that are struggling to rebound from the first - but I do not get why a small family gathering to say Goodbye to a loved one, or to have some friends at a home instead of going out with them in public is restricted.

Meet with friends privately, or meet with friends in public - which is the safer option?

All this seems a bit like banning people from seeing their mother on mothers day only to announce the very next day "Ok - we're going to change the rules so you can be able to visit your family and friends" - in that it seems illogical, and more sadistic - designed to inflict pain and suffering rather than have any significant value.

The best industry to be in at the moment seems to be law. Lawyers are going to have a field day whether win, lose or draw when it comes to all the contentions that are going on at the moment and fines been issued under less than clear circumstances.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think one only needs to look at who Victoria re-elected after the criminal scandal that was going on during election time to see the wisdom in Victoria. Sadly I think we've got the government we deserve in this state - and we're reaping the results thereof. I see on other forums that many are still sprouting that Dan can do no wrong - and that he's making all the right decisions.

No visitors and no weddings or funerals. However it's still acceptable to go out and dine in Restaurants.

Personally - I have no problems with Restaurants - I think the economic impact of closing everything down again would be the end of some businesses that are struggling to rebound from the first - but I do not get why a small family gathering to say Goodbye to a loved one, or to have some friends at a home instead of going out with them in public is restricted.

Meet with friends privately, or meet with friends in public - which is the safer option?

All this seems a bit like banning people from seeing their mother on mothers day only to announce the very next day "Ok - we're going to change the rules so you can be able to visit your family and friends" - in that it seems illogical, and more sadistic - designed to inflict pain and suffering rather than have any significant value.

The best industry to be in at the moment seems to be law. Lawyers are going to have a field day whether win, lose or draw when it comes to all the contentions that are going on at the moment and fines been issued under less than clear circumstances.

You are in one of those areas with new restrictions I am guessing?

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are in one of those areas with new restrictions I am guessing?

No - not one of the new areas. I just feel for those who are affected by these rules that again - seem to hurt people for no apparent good reason when compared to the flexibility of other areas.

Vic was the toughest state in the whole lockdown. No fishing or golfing originally - yet we are the state with the out of control cases. I think this shows that over-the-top restrictions are not effective (and if anything quite possibly counter-effective). What we need is a rational approach which is sympathetic to those who are hurting at the same time. I'd hate to be a leader at a time like this - but other leaders have faired way better, with less restrictions than Victoria - I wouldn't blame all on Dan - but I think that he's actions are doing more damage than good.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - not one of the new areas. I just feel for those who are affected by these rules that again - seem to hurt people for no apparent good reason when compared to the flexibility of other areas.

Vic was the toughest state in the whole lockdown. No fishing or golfing originally - yet we are the state with the out of control cases. I think this shows that over-the-top restrictions are not effective (and if anything quite possibly counter-effective). What we need is a rational approach which is sympathetic to those who are hurting at the same time. I'd hate to be a leader at a time like this - but other leaders have faired way better, with less restrictions than Victoria - I wouldn't blame all on Dan - but I think that he's actions are doing more damage than good.

Maybe they should have stuck to doing postcode lockdowns?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe they should have stuck to doing postcode lockdowns?

I think we can safely say the lockdown is working to prevent the spread to a certain degree, Whittlesea has 392 active case, while Murrindindi only has 1 active case, so the roadblocks and local government area lockdowns must be working

Reactions: Giuliano

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In real news 12 people in Australia committed suicide yesterday taking the annual total up to 2,340 already this year, approximately 570 more than last year due to the lockdown restrictions.

While most of these deaths are male we find that its the females that have the most attempted suicides and in Australia there are 22.5 failed suicide attempts for every death.
Yesterday an astonishing 267 people in Australia attempted to take their own lives taking the annual tally up to 50,224.

And on a personal scoreboard i have people who have had covid on zero and people who have been hurt by these lockdowns everyone. So
Covid 0 Harm everyone. All driven by fear, one of Satans favourite tools. Combine it with oppression and obsession and we have a cocktail that is so diabolical it astounds me how any Christian can follow it.

@Josho suicide goes up 50% for 5 years according to experts cos of covid, that's 7,500 healthy people dead, preventable.
Is that not enough? How much more would we accept? 200%? 500%?
And what is the goal now? Eradication? Do we lockdown and murder people every time someone gets them sniffles?

And a key factor is the average death for suicides is only 44.4.
This makes the loss of potential life go through the roof for suicides as this graph illustrates.

bandicam-2020-07-29-21-49-03-974.jpg

Hows that, over 100,000 years of potential life every year in Australia due to suicide.
These people need God, not fear. You can add 50% to that now as well.

Perspective is a beautiful thing. Its like a powerful beam of light that fills the dark void with the Word, the truth
God comes with love, not fear, only evil comes with fear...

Check my thread on free speech vs cancel culture
And keep an eye out on a thread about how communism replaces religion, coming soon to a theater near u... lol...:cool:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In between all those damn numbers is this guy. Why i should give any stuff about covid, seriously... Will it bring Daniel back to us
Where was the the media coverage for Daniel... And don't be giving me lame excuses either cos i didn't want it.
Daniel is dead, full stop, no ifs or buts or any covid bs cos he is real...
Suicide has been a problem in our society for years with the rates just going up every year, why...
Why doesn't anyone give a stuff about young people killing themselves and the disconnection that society has become from God
5a8e3600c672e00f05f42d85

Could NOT give a rats behind about covid

Last edited by a moderator:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Yarra Junction Woolworths rush before stage 4 restrictions come in, the premier has declared a state of disaster which starts from 6pm tonight, not allowed to travel more than 5km from home for exercise or shopping and no more golf or fishing in the Greater Melbourne region.

FB_IMG_1596348377732.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LoL... Gates went from doing viruses on windows to doing viruses on people
Hey its why I got rid of my antivirus. MS is a Virus, and needs income so they are not going to let any other viruses on your computer that might cost them money.

Reactions: Cristo Rei
Status
Not open for further replies.