Aussie and Kiwi politics and events

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Look at this, in 2 of the 3 electorates Katter is holding, the winning margins are massive.

Screenshot_2020-10-31-21-37-41-50.png
Screenshot_2020-10-31-21-40-24-74.pngScreenshot_2020-10-31-21-39-34-82.png

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already knew this was coming. Now there will be many ways 'loopholes' in this legislation to kill off grandpa as a useless feeder and burden of the State or by a greedy relative waiting for payday. Folks never usually read the fine print before signing off....and this new law apparently only requires two signatures by doctors. What if the patient in question cannot sign...voicing consent then is ok, done out of emotion or pain is also then ok....there are many circumstances where a patient, and usually not of sound mind at that time, with the ability to sign off, now faces imminent death as the death clock has now started, without any safeguards or recourse of reversing their decision in time...

'The devil is in the detail' - Salvation Army concerned about assisted dying legislation

The Salvation Army is appalled by the majority vote for the euthanasia referendum, saying people will die unnecessarily because of it.

I agree with their assessment...

This Auckland news clip is full of the official line and some pure bull..sounds all roses

Coercion the red flag that doctors will be looking out for as euthanasia becomes legal

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Blacks did it again...18th straight game win of the Bledisloe Cup.....43-5 against Wallabies.....:D
Now that is something to cheer about.....Barrett was performing great as usual...

Reactions: Brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One comment that has come out of the election coverage that summed up the Qld election was the fact that with the demise of the localised news sources for the regions, that the regions of the state are now only feed on the news of the south eastern corner of the state, and as such the state election became a presidential style event where, because of the pandemic, the incumbent Premier of the state hogged all of the news cycles with her daily pandemic news reporting stories such that the other parties had no traction within the news cycles.

The same happened a number of years ago with a previous Labour Party Premier where the reporting was also one sided.

The Labour Party stole the election result from the people and their win for a fix term of four years now will only entrench the outcomes in the future.

The Queensland election became a sham and Queenslanders will only suffer with the "look at me, look at me, Sharon," dominance of the broadcasted news.

Oh well, for those of us whose reliance is based on a different paradigm, we can only grow more and more as our faith is increasingly tested in Him.

That for me is the up side.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All Blacks did it again...18th straight game win of the Bledisloe Cup.....43-5 against Wallabies.....:D
Now that is something to cheer about.....Barrett was performing great as usual...

I am glad I didn'r watch it

Reactions: APAK

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One comment that has come out of the election coverage that summed up the Qld election was the fact that with the demise of the localised news sources for the regions, that the regions of the state are now only feed on the news of the south eastern corner of the state, and as such the state election became a presidential style event where, because of the pandemic, the incumbent Premier of the state hogged all of the news cycles with her daily pandemic news reporting stories such that the other parties had no traction within the news cycles.

The same happened a number of years ago with a previous Labour Party Premier where the reporting was also one sided.

The Labour Party stole the election result from the people and their win for a fix term of four years now will only entrench the outcomes in the future.

The Queensland election became a sham and Queenslanders will only suffer with the "look at me, look at me, Sharon," dominance of the broadcasted news.

Oh well, for those of us whose reliance is based on a different paradigm, we can only grow more and more as our faith is increasingly tested in Him.

That for me is the up side.
I see very few media outlets globally with independence. Most seem to trot out the same old yada yada and I don't think this is coincidental.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see very few media outlets globally with independence. Most seem to trot out the same old yada yada and I don't think this is coincidental.
There are only a few today that own most (over 90 percent of those of significance) of the global media outlets...and these all apparently think alike...yes, they spout out the same scripted lines...not a coincidence IMO

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am glad I didn'r watch it
It was a great game... If your a Kiwi. Wallabies just weren't in the picture at all in the first half. The All Blacks dominated in a way I hadn't seen for a long time, and to be honest, didn't expect. Watching the way they played you could be excused for thinking they were playing in the sunshine and hadn't rained for a week.
assisted dying legislation
a euphemism for "let's kill grandma".

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which explains the rising popularity of social media and independent news sites on Facebook, you tube, and other ornately owned platforms... And also explains the determined efforts to block those independent news sites through censorship and loaded search algarithyms. (Is that how you spell it)?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But with all this corruption, prejudice, and tyranny from both sides of the conflict, I am so glad that Jesus is soon coming to bring true justice and an end to the angst. So looking forward to peace and a complete absence of fear and stress. Not too long to wait my friend, it'll soon be all over.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But with all this corruption, prejudice, and tyranny from both sides of the conflict, I am so glad that Jesus is soon coming to bring true justice and an end to the angst. So looking forward to peace and a complete absence of fear and stress. Not too long to wait my friend, it'll soon be all over.
Amen....things are really been stirred up in the muck and the swamp.....a 'Beast' is arising

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think if you are above 70 you don't have to vote.
I've been thinking about the whole 'have to' bit. There are some laws that are needed to this end like driving on a certain side of the road. Other laws however lean towards forcing a persons hand.

Force is never an option that God employs. If it were, getting rid of Satan right at the outset would have saved much heartache, trouble and destruction. But at what cost? Had he done this there would forever be an unresolved question in the minds of all intelligent creation ie, is God's system of government really as Lucifer claimed...ie, flawed?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I could show you he's been around for a while now, but I get you.
I also dig what you have said on this subject...I'm just a little more cautious in my conclusion(s)....you might say I'm a little like Thomas a bit in these prophetic writings and their interpretations...I'm still on the lookout and I will write to you FIRST when I have found a smoking gun or solid connection... when Protestants and Catholics do actually merge under 'one' roof....

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've been thinking about the whole 'have to' bit. There are some laws that are needed to this end like driving on a certain side of the road. Other laws however lean towards forcing a persons hand.

Force is never an option that God employs. If it were, getting rid of Satan right at the outset would have saved much heartache, trouble and destruction. But at what cost? Had he done this there would forever be an unresolved question in the minds of all intelligent creation ie, is God's system of government really as Lucifer claimed...ie, flawed?
Yep. The best way for any government or ruling power to show the opposition is at fault is to allow them to reveal themselves in practice.
Which is why I'm Revelation we have the final scene just before Jesus comes off the Kings if the earth turning on Babylon to destroy her.

Status
Not open for further replies.