Aussie and Kiwi politics and events

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep. The best way for any government or ruling power to show the opposition is at fault is to allow them to reveal themselves in practice.
Which is why I'm Revelation we have the final scene just before Jesus comes off the Kings if the earth turning on Babylon to destroy her.
I think the final result of sin and all who pay it allegiance will be to self destruct.....sinners will turn against sinners and themselves.....the consequence of pushing away life.....an example might be Hitler or Judas.

Consider the last scene where the wicked dead are raised and surround the Holy City. Why did he raise them if he's only going to kill them anyway? .....It tells us that fire came down from heaven and devoured them. It doesn't say it killed them. It tells us that God cleaned up the mess. Revelation 20:7-10

A parallel is the account of Hezekiah and the allied armies of Sennacherib surrounding Jerusalem...The armies turned on each other in their madness.....185,000 dead
Israel didn't need to lift a finger.

Of course there are questions here but they need addressing when they are asked.

Reactions: Brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen....things are really been stirred up in the muck and the swamp.....a 'Beast' is arising

Well, that is how you see it, but the truth of the matter is that the beasts, i.e. the judged heavenly fallen wicked angels, in our near future will soon be judged in Heaven and thrown down to the face of the earth where they will be locked up in a pit for many days to await their time of their punishment. After 1,000 years they will be released for a little while, and they will rise up out of the abyss/Bottomless Pit to deceive the world once more and they will then attempt to kill off the Saints as Christ foretold in Luke 19:11-27 concerning the king of the Beasts and his actions and plans for the first 1,000 years of the Millennium Age and his return along with his minions, the five beasts of Daniel 7.

But, as a friend of mine said to me the other night, that is not what he can see or understand, nor has he considered that possibility.

That to me is the universal problem with typical "Christian" understanding.

Shalom

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also dig what you have said on this subject...I'm just a little more cautious in my conclusion(s)....you might say I'm a little like Thomas a bit in these prophetic writings and their interpretations...I'm still on the lookout and I will write to you FIRST when I have found a smoking gun or solid connection... when Protestants and Catholics do actually merge under 'one' roof....
Such a merger doesn't necessarily mean a signed open contact with witnesses. It is more likely to be a spiritual union where the two camps align philosophically and doctrinally. Most may not even be aware of it, because most are spiritually blind. But they're another aspect. It's in fact a three fold union. Remember it's the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. The dragon represents the devil of course but he has another global spiritual power at his disposal... Spiritualism. The occult. And both apostate Protestantism and Catholicism together already embrace certain aspects of spiritualism in their doctrines and practice. So when apostate Protestantism in America legislate religious practice in cooperation with the state, and that religious practice reflects Catholic dogma at the cost of Bible truth, and the rest of the world such as the occult UN and secret societies all agree, then you have what you're looking for. Such a state of affairs may be only a brief step away when one considers the many political and religious agreements on the table these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the final result of sin and all who pay it allegiance will be to self destruct.....sinners will turn against sinners and themselves.....the consequence of pushing away life.....an example might be Hitler or Judas.

Consider the last scene where the wicked dead are raised and surround the Holy City. Why did he raise them if he's only going to kill them anyway? .....It tells us that fire came down from heaven and devoured them. It doesn't say it killed them. It tells us that God cleaned up the mess. Revelation 20:7-10

A parallel is the account of Hezekiah and the allied armies of Sennacherib surrounding Jerusalem...The armies turned on each other in their madness.....185,000 dead
Israel didn't need to lift a finger.

Of course there are questions here but they need addressing when they are asked.
Yes, that is an interesting perspective and one I have considered often.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that is how you see it, but the truth
Is very elusive and will only be fully understood after the prophecies have been fulfilled. And your post above which speaks of a future coming of the Daniel 7 beasts is simply utter hogwash considering the Angel himself told Daniel who the first three beasts were and they'e been and gone, although scripture does say their influence shall continue a little while. History is the only certain means by which to be sure if prophetic truth. Prognostications and clairvoyance are not God's way.
KJV John 13:19
19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is very elusive and will only be fully understood after the prophecies have been fulfilled. And your post above which speaks of a future coming of the Daniel 7 beasts is simply utter hogwash considering the Angel himself told Daniel who the first three beasts were and they've been and gone, although scripture does say their influence shall continue a little while. History is the only certain means by which to be sure if prophetic truth. Prognostications and clairvoyance are not God's way.
KJV John 13:19
19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Backlit, that is your view and interpretation that Daniel 8 identifies the actual spiritual identities that are the five beasts of Daniel 7. My understanding is that Daniel 8 only identifies the people groups, kingdoms, nations and empires that have chosen to absorb the beastly characteristics of the four beasts as the sea rises up to manifest the characteristics of the respective beasts that they have chosen to live within their chosen respective beast.

Now I agree that the initial people groups, nations, kingdoms and empires mentioned in Daniel 2 & 8 have that have chosen to inhabit the dominions of the Beasts, who, by the way, will be judged in our near future by God in heaven at the same time that the present kings, kingdoms, nations and Empires are judged on the earth and that both the condemned Beasts from heaven, who at that time will no longer be able to be in heaven, and the Kings of the earth and their armies will be gathered together and imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. (Isa 24:21-22) However, in our distant future, towards the very end of the Millennium Age, the Beasts of Revelation 13 and Daniel 7:19-28 will rise up out of the Bottomless pit when it is unlocked, and cause some of the peoples of the earth to once again inhabit the four facetted beast's dominions to become the armies of the four facetted beast at that time to sweep over the face of the earth killing the Saint of God as the Saints are forced towards Mt Zion.

Now you can say that what I am claiming is utter hogwash, but as you have also said in your post quoted above, "Is very elusive and will only be fully understood after the prophecies have been fulfilled." Therefore since you say on one hand that the first three beasts have been identified, you also claim that it is not until the distant future that we will fully understand the prophecies after they have been fulfilled.

Now if the fourth people group, kingdom, nation or empire has not been revealed in scripture, then you would agree with me that we cannot claim that the Roman Empire is the fourth beast and segment of the Daniel 2 statue prophecy, as many claim at this present time and that the revived Roman Empire is the fifth segment of the Statue prophecy.

Now I am happy to be wrong with my understanding of the End Times as it is presently unfolding at the moment, as history is also confirming for me that during the time of the period of great turmoil during the last centaury, the nation of Babylon was remembered once more by the nations of the world in 1926 after WW1 and that Jerusalem was partitioned into three distinct areas to be under the rule of Brittan, Jordan, and the UN, in 1948. The nation that was given control over the land of the Chaldeans, i.e. Babylon, is present day Iraq, and as such it is the fourth segment of the Daniel 2 Statue prophecy. As Jeremiah prophesied in Jer 50-51, a coalition of nations will invade the land area of Babylon and the leading King of this Coalition will be the king of the North once again, who just happens to be the President of the USA.

At present the demonic spiritual beasts are attempting to hide this fact from the people of the world.

Now I am prepared to wait another 25 or so years for what I am posting to be shown to be true whereas many "christians" believe that the end of this present age will occur within the next year or two.

Let us see if what the people believe is a very near fulfilment will happen as they suggest.

Now a few denomination have Prognostications and clairvoyance within their midst who are pushing their theories and predictions.

We all need to be patient and accept each others views graciously.

Shalom

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you also claim that it is not until the distant future that we will fully understand the prophecies after they have been fulfilled.
No, I claim no such thing. The reformers understood a great deal of prophecy because much had been fulfilled by their time... More today, so more can be understood. Jesus, as He promised, is coming soon. Not the distant future.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a merger doesn't necessarily mean a signed open contact with witnesses. It is more likely to be a spiritual union where the two camps align philosophically and doctrinally. Most may not even be aware of it, because most are spiritually blind. But they're another aspect. It's in fact a three fold union. Remember it's the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. The dragon represents the devil of course but he has another global spiritual power at his disposal... Spiritualism. The occult. And both apostate Protestantism and Catholicism together already embrace certain aspects of spiritualism in their doctrines and practice. So when apostate Protestantism in America legislate religious practice in cooperation with the state, and that religious practice reflects Catholic dogma at the cost of Bible truth, and the rest of the world such as the occult UN and secret societies all agree, then you have what you're looking for. Such a state of affairs may be only a brief step away when one considers the many political and religious agreements on the table these days.
Sure I do see your points..esp in the area of Protestantism in America..in my own words....cooperating or compromising with the State from common religious practices or even doctrine...that is the way it most probably will happen in the US...I see more and more compromise and cooperation with local authorities anyway today....and it does not help when their followers are being taught to blindly cooperate with government that is evil and anti-God. The setting is ripe for a take-over backed by mostly evil occultism in government today.

Reactions: Brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I claim no such thing. The reformers understood a great deal of prophecy because much had been fulfilled by their time... More today, so more can be understood. Jesus, as He promised, is coming soon. Not the distant future.

As I said, we will have to wait to see if your understanding is true. But your timing really depends on what you mean by the word "soon." One member is stating that Christ's return is imminent, within a year or two. How soon is your soon? Without you defining your understanding and meaning of your "soon" there is no bench mark by which your understanding can be proved, because, your claim will always be right, no matter when it happens, as Christ's return is always soon, it just depends on how long "soon" is.

Now I have said that the end of this present age will be soon, in around 24 years time with some error correction, plus or minus a year or two or three, to account for the miss match between God's calendar and mankind's adopted calendar. Now at the end of this age, Christ will be seen fleetingly, visiting from heaven, to judge the Kings of the earth, to claiming His bride, etc., but to come with all of the heavenly hosts to the Great white throne room to judge all of the peoples of the earth on their righteous, will not occur until the end of the Age of the seven ages and that is at the end of the next age to come in our near future.

At the time of the reformers, it was claimed for political reasons, that the evil Roman Empire, i.e. the RC church, was the fourth segment of the Dan 2 statue prophecy. That was around 500 years ago, and this claim was certainly not true as the fourth segment of the statue was only revealed to the world in 1926. It has only been in the last 100 or so years, that much of the recorded prophecy has been observed as it was fulfilled before our very eyes.

As I am saying, let us be patient and see when and if your understanding will come true, based on the prophetic spectrum of the scriptures.

Let us wait and see how soon is your soon.

Shalom

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I said, we will have to wait to see if your understanding is true. But your timing really depends on what you mean by the word "soon." One member is stating that Christ's return is imminent, within a year or two. How soon is your soon? Without you defining your understanding and meaning of your "soon" there is no bench mark by which your understanding can be proved, because, your claim will always be right, no matter when it happens, as Christ's return is always soon, it just depends on how long "soon" is.

Now I have said that the end of this present age will be soon, in around 24 years time with some error correction, plus or minus a year or two or three, to account for the miss match between God's calendar and mankind's adopted calendar. Now at the end of this age, Christ will be seen fleetingly, visiting from heaven, to judge the Kings of the earth, to claiming His bride, etc., but to come with all of the heavenly hosts to the Great white throne room to judge all of the peoples of the earth on their righteous, will not occur until the end of the Age of the seven ages and that is at the end of the next age to come in our near future.

At the time of the reformers, it was claimed for political reasons, that the evil Roman Empire, i.e. the RC church, was the fourth segment of the Dan 2 statue prophecy. That was around 500 years ago, and this claim was certainly not true as the fourth segment of the statue was only revealed to the world in 1926. It has only been in the last 100 or so years, that much of the recorded prophecy has been observed as it was fulfilled before our very eyes.

As I am saying, let us be patient and see when and if your understanding will come true, based on the prophetic spectrum of the scriptures.

Let us wait and see how soon is your soon.

Shalom
My "soon' tends toward the imminent side. But it does all depend on us... How long will it take for the bride to get ready for her Husband?
But as for prophecy, I think people err greatly when they look to the middle east for their signs and fulfillments. Revelation 13 isn't about the middle east. The first part/beast is the Papacy if the middle ages in Europe... The second part is the United States. That's where the action is.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QLD election today, @quietthinker @Jay Ross @OzSpen @Reggie Belafonte

Did you all vote today or did you pre-poll?

It will be interesting to see how well KAP and One Nation go. I think they are expecting this to be a tight election.

I did mine by postal vote. The One Nation vote has collapsed while KAP is much the same, with no new MPs. The LNP leader resigned today and is yet to be replaced.

I'm waiting to see Big Bash Cricket on Fri night. That will be better than the ho-hum of elections.

Oz

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did mine by postal vote. The One Nation vote has collapsed while KAP is much the same, with no new MPs. The LNP leader resigned today and is yet to be replaced.

I'm waiting to see Big Bash Cricket on Fri night. That will be better than the ho-hum of elections.

Oz

I was honestly hoping for better, that KAP might win more electorates in the regional areas but nope.

Reactions: OzSpen

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was honestly hoping for better, that KAP might win more electorates in the regional areas but nope.
I believe that they all gave up and knew that the ALP was going to win.
The QLD ALP will be gone in 2024 because the Premier is a total idiot who will run the State into the ground.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that they all gave up and knew that the ALP was going to win.
The QLD ALP will be gone in 2024 because the Premier is a total idiot who will run the State into the ground.

I am not sure about that. ALP have ran the ACT government since 2001.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is interesting though, I thought Queensland is meant to be the most conservative state.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Qld election was an unfair election because of the focus of the media on the daily press conferences of the Premier flooding the news media such that all the other parties contesting the election could not be heard over the volume of the daily press conferences on the covid19 virus updates.

The one nation person from regional Qld, on the ABC certainly hit the nail on the head with his comments on the state of the local news media within the region and the fact that the news in QLD is now primarily focused on what is happening in the SE corner of the State.

If there is a lesson to be learned, then there is a need for people to be taught to be discerning regarding the Political BS that they are told and the level of truth in it.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Qld election was an unfair election because of the focus of the media on the daily press conferences of the Premier flooding the news media such that all the other parties contesting the election could not be heard over the volume of the daily press conferences on the covid19 virus updates.

The one nation person from regional Qld, on the ABC certainly hit the nail on the head with his comments on the state of the local news media within the region and the fact that the news in QLD is now primarily focused on what is happening in the SE corner of the State.

If there is a lesson to be learned, then there is a need for people to be taught to be discerning regarding the Political BS that they are told and the level of truth in it.

Don't you all have regional tv stations in Queensland outside of Brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.