BABYLON SCAMYLON

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics approach Jesus without the need of an intercessor in liturgy and in private prayer. But we like intercessors because it works, and it's God's design. The tenants of your faith are lies against the Church, which you have made anti-Catholic bigotry into a religion.
If you can produce any official documentation bearing the Imprimatur that says Catholics can do as you say, I'd love to read it.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, the "2,000" is in error in regards "church". And even moreso for what you designate as [capital] "Church

Really? Well then please show me the correct church... From pentecost down to today....

If you can do that I will examine their claims... If you cannot then you are just blowing smoke

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics approach Jesus without the need of an intercessor in liturgy and in private prayer. But we like intercessors because it works, and it's God's design. The tenants of your faith are lies against the Church, which you have made anti-Catholic bigotry into a religion.
This is like the Muslims which say one thing, but their Definitional sources (qur'an, Hadith (Sahih), Tafsir, Mufti's, etc) say something else. The same in Roman Catholicism, in their lay persons is one saying, but their actual Dogma's, Definitions, Councils, Authorities, Magisterium, 'pope's', etc say another. I cited official sources which are authoritative in Roman Catholicism, whereas your statement is not (neither carrying Nihil Obstat, neither Imprimatur, neither sanction of Bishop, Archbishop, Cardinal, etc).

Last edited:

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Well then please show me the correct church... From pentecost down to today....

If you can do that I will examine their claims... If you cannot then you are just blowing smoke
Find the people with the same teachings as can be found in the Bible (OT to NT). If you are serious, we can begin a thread on that. Notice:

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

Whoever the "remnant" is in that verse, they "keep the commandments of God", and "have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

Are you serious to do this?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since when can any Catholic approach Jesus without the need of an intercessor?

Since when cant they?

I talk to Jesus whenever I wish to..

And Indeed, I approach Jesus and receive Him in the most intimate union of the Eucharist.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Find the people with the same teachings as can be found in the Bible (OT to NT). If you are serious, we can begin a thread on that. Notice:

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

Whoever the "remnant" is in that verse, they "keep the commandments of God", and "have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

Are you serious to do this?

Of course! Just so you know my litmus test is:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

If they are not in communion with the apostles... They are not the Church Jesus built.

Peace!

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course! Just so you know my litmus test is:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

If they are not in communion with the apostles... They are not the Church Jesus built.

Peace!
I accept the text of course. Give me a few days and I can begin a thread.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.​

Reactions: Philip James

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC is openly, proudly Fascist, which i guess is not a sin, strictly speaking, but Seven Hills and Vatican are not associated on a whim nor a deception, like you suggest and surely wish were true, sorry
"Fascism is the regime that most closely corresponds to the concepts of the church of Rome." - Civilita Cattolica, Jesuit publication.

The reason why God's greatest gift to His creatures is freedom of choice? Any child raised on VeggieTales can answer that:

The young Snoodle pondered the things he’d been told. Then wondering something, grew suddenly bold.
“But sir, if you made this incredible land, can’t you make Snoodles obey your command?”
The big one smiled warmly, then said to the small, “A gift that’s demanded is no gift at all.”​
Since when cant they?

I talk to Jesus whenever I wish to..

And Indeed, I approach Jesus and receive Him in the most intimate union of the Eucharist.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!
It pleases me to know that you, as a Catholic, know the privilege of this, but knowing how common it is for Catholics to "pick and choose" which doctrines to keep and which to not, it is necessary to go straight to the horses' mouth. Officially, as far as I've been shown, the RCC teaches the necessity of a mediator.

Reactions: bbyrd009

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Church (made up of all Christians), that you are demonizing, is Christ on earth. I believe that without a proof text.
You scourge my Lord with scripture.
Your lame attacks and eisegesis is that of a troll.

This is what you hate:
THE-LARGEST-CHARITABLE-INSTITUTION.jpg

Isaiah 5:20
20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
....and so it goes on...and on...

It is amazing how on one thread we can speak about forgiveness , love and the suchlike...and then come to a thread and find no such godly attributes!!!
On one thread we read phrases like "real Christians" and " genuine Christians" ...then we come to other threads and see that so few even understand what anything means...they don't act like "Real" Christians.

I have another word for you other than "real christian...= DISCIPLE
John 13:35 "By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another. "

I think I can hear the Lord saying..." And I am Still waiting"....

There is so much twaddle posted on anti-catholic.

OBVIOUSLY the Catholics will jump to defend what they happen to hold as precious. They happen to believe what they believe...they are free to do that!!!! ...just as some protestants foolishly believe some of the junk that they have been spoon fed.
What and who makes anyone more superior than another? Seems much like "Pride in what one believes"

All the rubbish about - " We must expose the false teachings of the Catholics.
The house is on fire, the sky is falling!
Give me a break...do people really believe that ANYONE on this Site has not had that drummed into them from the moment they were 'saved'?

We all know it, we have all read it...we have all seen it, we have all heard it for decades...yet here people are ...instead of preaching the Good News of the kingdom...some feel they have some divine right to yap on and on and on about all that is wrong with someone else and have their nose into what they believe.
I personally believe that the Muslim "army" is an insidious threat to the world. It does not obsess me, I do not talk very much about it..I do not feel that I have to scream "the sky is falling" or write long boring posts about it and put a hundreds photo's up about it.

Ask yourself how good is your own walk, how perfect are you?

We need to put our own house in order...God will take care of the rest.
Go pray in some corner if you must attack what 'you' deem as evil.
God WILL have the last word, He only is the Judge of mens hearts.

YES, we know it is "a system" not the people...blah blah blah..we are not stupid.

As for THBE's dominant flooding of long posts...obviously he feels he has some divine calling to get everyone saved because we are all idiots and know nothing for ourselves, obviously we are too stupid to get on our knees with our Heavenly Father and hear for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Where is faith? God is a powerful God? ...He is alive and well...He does actually speak to those who can hear Him....yet we are so busy sorting out someone else , God gets sidelined every time as the centre and reason for our life.

It is easy to come on this Site and recognise the the Spirit of the Lord in some people. Just like in Acts 4 ..when- they "knew" that (Peter and John) had been with Jesus.." God's fingerprints show clearly on the lives that spend time in His presence. Those who are heart people..rather than mind and bookish people that have knowledge of God... yet in spite of that they do not reflect Him.... "we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but Love edifieth. "

View attachment 3081
you have me wondering BG whether you have ever been an activist for anything?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you have me wondering BG whether you have ever been an activist for anything?

Nop.
The closet I got was in my teens when I "almost" joined those who upset the Fox Hunting. ( setting false trails for the hounds, confusing them with scents etc) I hated fox hunting.

Other than that...NO.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It pleases me to know that you, as a Catholic, know the privilege of this, but knowing how common it is for Catholics to "pick and choose" which doctrines to keep and which to not, it is necessary to go straight to the horses' mouth. Officially, as far as I've been shown, the RCC teaches the necessity of a mediator.

Indeed it teaches the necessitty of Jesus as our mediator.

Peace!

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church (made up of all Christians), that you are demonizing, is Christ on earth. I believe that without a proof text.
You scourge my Lord with scripture.
Your lame attacks and eisegesis is that of a troll.

This is what you hate:

Isaiah 5:20
20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Look up "iniquity".

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When 1 John 2:19-23 was spoke of and then written down it meant there were many unbelievers that started to walk ‘like’ true believers, and at least outwardly they were eventually exposed as they never followed the ways or agreed with true believers or many of the apostles. This scripture rings aloud today as it did yesterday.

These unbelievers especially did not believe Jesus was the Christ, as they did not have the spirit of truth within them. They either did not believe in Jesus the Christ entirely. or created their own religious version that suited their natural minds. We see many versions today.

This scripture is all about those that have the same mind of Christ, and those that do not have this common mind. The false communion mind is the mind of a religion and symbolic Jesus’ and the many types of false Christs and false preachers. The other is the true congregation God built as Christ is the head, living within the hearts of believers throughout history as they commune with Christ.

The common mind or communion that lies within predominantly religious constructs or within a religious organization or building, these group minds never truly commune with Christ as they left the truth in the dust a long time ago. They replaced the truth with their own communal truth and their own communal stairway to heaven and even beyond, as in historical Babel.

I would recommend that folks reread 1 John 2:19 and rediscover who are of the kind and fold of Jesus. Some may have it all wrong or some are still confused because of their religion.

(1Jn 2:19) They went out from us but they were not of us. For if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out, that they might be revealed, that all these are not of us.
(1Jn 2:20) And you have an anointing from the Holy One and you know all these things.
(1Jn 2:21) I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it! And because no lie is of the truth.
(1Jn 2:22) Who is the liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist: he that denies the Father and the Son.
(1Jn 2:23) Whoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father. He that confesses the Son has the Father also. (ALL NEV)

Blessings,

APAK

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nop.
The closet I got was in my teens when I "almost" joined those who upset the Fox Hunting. ( setting false trails for the hounds, confusing them with scents etc) I hated fox hunting.

Other than that...NO.
I can only conclude then that you have never had sufficient passion. Those that do have passion however have by necessity words to share. They are the courageous for they put themselves on the line. Disinterest or laziness for reading those words is not a justified reason for making them wrong.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Look up "iniquity".

THBE, most of us know what iniquity means. How about you look up "good fruit" as found in the preceding verses , and write a 5 mile long post on it without drifting into your usual demonizing, evil, sin, darkness, corruption, and Gnosticism. "good fruit", not bad fruit. You can find "good fruit" in the preceding verses of your quote, as well as many other places.

Attachments

• the-woman-and-the-dragon.jpg
    the-woman-and-the-dragon.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can only conclude then that you have never had sufficient passion. Those that do have passion however have by necessity words to share. They are the courageous for they put themselves on the line. Disinterest or laziness for reading those words is not a justified reason for making them wrong.

How about passion in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ?
How about the passion in seeing souls come to the Lord...now if you are asking that..then YES, been there and done lots of that.

You asked about being an activist ( ever been an activist for anything? )

YES, an activist for the Good News...that is where out "activity" should lay.
As for petitioning against or for something and waving banners....that is what the world does...in spades. That is not our calling...

Reactions: Philip James

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you can produce any official documentation bearing the Imprimatur that says Catholics can do as you say, I'd love to read it.
No, you would not love to read the catechism, you hate the catechism. If you do read it, you twist, distort and take snippets out of context to fashion into weapons, just like your buddy THBE. IMO, that is a form of witchcraft.

This is like the Muslims which say one thing, but their Definitional sources (qur'an, Hadith (Sahih), Tafsir, Mufti's, etc) say something else. The same in Roman Catholicism, in their lay persons is one saying, but their actual Dogma's, Definitions, Councils, Authorities, Magisterium, 'pope's', etc say another. I cited official sources which are authoritative in Roman Catholicism, whereas your statement is not (neither carrying Nihil Obstat, neither Imprimatur, neither sanction of Bishop, Archbishop, Cardinal, etc).
Catholics don't care about Nihil Obstat, and Imprimaturs. They are restricted only to books, not prayers.

A Nihil Obstat is a certification by an official censor that a book is not objectionable on doctrinal or moral grounds. It is not required. A phone book qualifies for a Nihil Obstat. It does not mean it is infallibly declared by the Pope, it does not mean that every Catholic must read and study every book that bears the Nihil Obstat, and it does not mean that Catholics can't read anything else.

Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur have a specific function, but they are not important to most Catholics.

Imprimatur is an official license by the Catholic Church to print an ecclesiastical or religious book. A gender free Bible would not receive an Imprimatur for the same reasons you would reject it. An Imprimatur just means it can be safely called an ecclesiastical or religious book for Catholic purposes, the same as any church approves its books for study.

You don't know how to cite "official sources which are authoritative" because authoritative sources don't insult and persecute us they way you force them to. You project the legalistic bondage of your own cult and mock us for not being Pharisaical, letter-bound anal retentive nit pickers.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't know how to cite "official sources which are authoritative" because authoritative sources don't insult and persecute us they way you force them to. You project the legalistic bondage of your own cult and mock us for not being Pharisaical, letter-bound anal retentive nit pickers.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The hole you are attempting to dig for THBE is getting deeper epostle, yet it appears you are unaware that the deeper you dig the harder will be your fall.
Your unashamed worship of angels in previous posts, worship that angels refused in scripture is none other than a mirror to the pagan origins of such practices. It verifies the very things THBE has been pointing out in some of his posts.
You hope to make mileage by labelling him with all manner of put downs yet any objectively thinking person can see the desperation with which you clutch at your straws.