Back When Protestants Men Weren't The Gutless Wonders Of Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, isn't it ironic that today so few recognise the lessons that history has for us. Literal Israel was always the target and focus of literal Babylon. Today, that paradigm hasnt changed. Spiritual Israel, the church, is still the target and focus of spiritual Babylon. The problem is that so few recognise who Babylon is. Instead of repudiating everything she stands for, they are rushing to join her in her sins, and condemn those who expose her lies and evil doings.
It may well be in the feet clay and iron of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Considering today's efforts at ecumenism by Protestants and Catholics, hmmm? But if it is them then the stone cut without hands out of the mountain crushes them both. We wouldn't want to be a part of that which is crushed but rather a part of the crushing stone. But let us not get ahead of God on this. I want to be led all the way by the One who leads us rightly.

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

It may well be in the feet clay and iron of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Considering today's efforts at ecumenism by Protestants and Catholics, hmmm? But if it is them then the stone cut without hands out of the mountain crushes them both. We wouldn't want to be a part of that which is crushed but rather a part of the crushing stone. But let us not get ahead of God on this. I want to be led all the way by the One who leads us rightly.
I have a perspective on the feet and iron mixture which I could address on another thread. You have a similar idea.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many people have no clue about any of this. And, many scoff at it. What evil in this world...right under our noses yet, people bury their heads in the sand. Gods will be done, no matter.
The funny thing is that our "fellow Christian friends" seem to always want to cover for those who actively work to bring about their destruction, both now and hereafter - who subscribe to satanic "doctrines of exclusivity" and flatter themselves with the belief that Lucifer has specially chosen them to reveal his "illuminated wisdom" while the rest of us "undeserving/unteachable stupid cattle" can go pound sand on our way to hopelessly passing out of existence - and anyone who attempts to point them to the truth that these control freak agents of Lucifer control EVERYTHING - entertainment, politics, and especially religion (for worldliness has fully taken hold over the church which God ordained to be a safe haven from it) - are regarded with the same disdain as were Noah and his family. Sad thing is those people had no idea their fate was sealed 8 full days before it even started to rain, and though Jesus says Himself it's going to be the same way in the end, these same mockers refuse to turn from their idolatrous love of worldliness.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is are reasons why becoming a mason automatically excomunicates one from the Church..

Its unfortunate that the anti-Catholic bigotry of some blinds them to the fact that the Masons and the Church are bitter enemies...

Pax!
History attests to the fact that the papacy has many times "outlawed" that in which, behind the scenes, papal agents operate. One such example is Westcott, Hort, and Tichendorf - the 3 ring leaders responsible for dragging the "villainous Textus Receptus" of the glorious Protestant Reformation through the mud and exalting the Alexandrian "Critical Text" upon which all the new Bible versions are based. Amazing that the papacy outlawed the Bible in centuries past, but now is perfectly happy for us to read any Bibles that aren't based upon that Textus Receptus "serpent which, with head erect and eyes flashing as it trails upon the ground shall be changed into a rod as soon as we are able to seize it. For 3 centuries past this cruel ASP has left us no repose. You (fellow Jesuits) well know with what fangs it gnaws us and with what folds it entwines us." This Jesuit quote was in reference to the 3 centuries from Luther's day until the mid-18th century when the papacy was about to finally obtain her long awaited challenger - the Alexandrian Critical Text New Testament which today is praised most exuberantly in so called "Protestant" seminaries and Bible colleges - can't stand it every time I hear J. Vernon Magee refer to "the better manuscripts" when referencing it - while the Textus Receptus is regarded as the "worst Greek MSS of them all".

These ring leaders were ANYTHING but true Protestants - they were papal operatives whose held deep sympathies for Rome and her doctrines and sought to destroy the work of the Reformation. Read the letters written between them that there sons had published for all to see...veneration of Marian statues, absolute revulsion to the idea of the absolute necessity of Christ's substitutionary death for fallen man for his salvation, card carrying members of secret societies like the Society for Psychic Research, practice of Spiritism and seances, holding beliefs that are identical to Luciferian Freemason doctrine.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can watch an indepth series here -

Well i watched the first one up to the point he claims the Catholic Church denies Jesus is come in the flesh... A total lie by the way....

As for calls for peace and Christian unity... I dont understand his objections... But then i dont understand many peoples hatred for others... It flys in the face of our Saviour's words:

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God

Ill keep going through them and share my thoughts...

Pax!

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Well i watched the first one up to the point he claims the Catholic Church denies Jesus is come in the flesh... A total lie by the way....
I have already explained why this is not a lie. Your church's doctrine of the immaculate conception denies Jesus came in the flesh. BTW, as I explained, and just for the benefit of others who may be reading of this subject for the first time, 'flesh' in the spiritual sense is not a physical body. It is the carnal nature all men are born with being children of Adam and thus inheriting the weaknesses and debilitating tendencies common to all men. The immaculate conception denies this, and gives Jesus a supposed advantage over us therefore cannot be used as an example to live a holy life.

Ro 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Ga 4:4,5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Phil.2:5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Rom. 8:1-6 ¶ There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
B

brakelite

As for calls for peace and Christian unity... I dont understand his objections... But then i dont understand many peoples hatred for others... It flys in the face of our Saviour's words:
The difference between being united under Christ and united under papal authority is night and day. Turning his objections into hatred is a gross misrepresentation of character.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have already explained why this is not a lie.

And, as before, I reject your mental and verbal gymnastics that twist the Truth to fit your preconceived ideas.

The Church Catholic does (and always has) affirm and teach that the Word became flesh, that He was born of the virgin Mary and became man. that He was like us in all things, except that He was without sin, that He truly suffered and died for us, that He truly rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, that He truly gives us His flesh and blood in the Eucharist.

In all these things the Church proclaims the Truth, that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

That this destroys the man made tradition that you follow regarding the Church catholic as antichrist is your problem. if you have to twist what we teach and believe to fit your narrative, then your narrative is demonstrably false.

Turning his objections into hatred is a gross misrepresentation of character.

ahh.. the irony...

The kind of misinformation, distorted truths and outright fantasy i see here used to portray some other as the 'enemy' has been used many times in human history by many different people...

The evil that such systemic hatred, conspiracy theories and propaganda against a group of people can lead to is probably best displayed by the Holocaust...

i will not shrink from naming it as such, regardless of whether you take offense or not...

Pax!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
We should be careful about calling groups of Christians "cults" unless their doctrine is cultish, and this group seems to be similar to the Amish.

"Our life together is founded on Jesus, the Christ and son of God. We recognize the Bible’s authority over all aspects of our belief and life, and we affirm the rule of faith stated in the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds. We are particularly influenced and inspired by the New Testament’s Acts 2 and 4 and the Sermon on the Mount, which direct us to embrace communal living and lifelong service to others. We desire to remain true to this calling all our lives."
Agreed. Anyway I've always understood a cult to be followers of a person instead of God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreed. Anyway I've always understood a cult to be followers of a person instead of God.
This is true. Cults begin with a false teacher/prophet/apostle and then go from there. Herbert Armstrong, Charles Taze Russel, and Joseph Smith are good examples. But the key is their group of false doctrines.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'The art of war' was probably written by general ricci and is how the Jesuits think and operate...

wow... just wow...

guess the ancient Chinese manuscripts are forgeries or something....

I will continue to watch this stuff... but I've got to say it gets more and more fanciful with each new 'subject'...

Pax!

B

brakelite

And, as before, I reject your mental and verbal gymnastics that twist the Truth to fit your preconceived ideas.

The Church Catholic does (and always has) affirm and teach that the Word became flesh, that He was born of the virgin Mary and became man. that He was like us in all things, except that He was without sin, that He truly suffered and died for us, that He truly rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, that He truly gives us His flesh and blood in the Eucharist.

In all these things the Church proclaims the Truth, that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
I have no argument, at least for now, with what you describe above. But ignoring what I actually said and defending what is not the issue, doesn't make the issue go away. Your church's teaching of the immaculate conception, a doctrine not in harmony with scripture does indeed deny totally that Jesus came fully man, that is, a man with the fallen nature of Adam as inherited by the rest of us.
Now you know this is what my point is all about, yet you continue to ignore it by defending what is not being discussed. Its like someone is pointing out to you that an Orca is white as well as black, and you demanding that the Orca is black.
The kind of misinformation, distorted truths and outright fantasy i see here used to portray some other as the 'enemy' has been used many times in human history by many different people...

The evil that such systemic hatred, conspiracy theories and propaganda against a group of people can lead to is probably best displayed by the Holocaust...
You sound just like the screaming ultra left wing Hilary supporters who gather regularly outside every Trump rally. Projecting their own character flaws onto those they disagree with.
You are not my enemy. You don't threaten me nor frighten me. I am not concerned with what you can or cannot do to me. So I do not view or consider you, or any other Catholic here, an enemy. However, there are millions of gullible folk the world over that are threatened by your church's teachings and beliefs that can and do lead all who place their trust in them above the word of God, to hell. They are the ones who may be reading these message boards and need to know the truth. Who need to understand the true nature of Catholic dogma and doctrine. Who need to know that every reformer, from Wycliffe and Tyndale, from Luther to Knox, and every other in between, while they may have disagreed on many things, had one thing common. The firm unshakeable belief, based on scripture and witness, that the Papal system, is indeed Antichrist. They also need to know why. The how and why of Antichrist has been proved many times over on this forum, and while Protestants themselves have lost sight of this and are subsequently being lulled into a false sense of security by such as you and your friends here, as has been demonstrated on another thread, this knowledge does not constitute hatred for any individual Catholic, nor fear and loathing of their presence on the earth as you and other Catholic apologists would like to suggest. But it most assuredly means a hatred for a false system which captures people into a blindness that obscures reality and tends to promote confusion and hypocrisy.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus came fully man,
Jesus indeed came fully man!

that is, a man with the fallen nature of Adam as inherited by the rest of us

Jesus did not have a 'fallen nature' . He has a human nature.

Tread carefully brother... Youre speaking about the One without spot or blemish...

Peace!

B

brakelite

Jesus did not have a 'fallen nature' . He has a human nature.

Tread carefully brother... Youre speaking about the One without spot or blemish...
Yes, Jesus was sinless.
Question. To what do you attribute His perfect sinlessness? His birth to an immaculate mother, or His overcoming in a manner we may emulate?

Reactions: Willie T