Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

God did speak it and he showed us. Man did tell them us to baptize. Jesus did in the great commission.

He spoke it: Make disciples of all nations and baptize them (Matthew).

And He showed us when He himself was baptized (Matthew).

What more do you want?

IHS...Mary

we must first realise, understand and accept what was necessary and applied then does not now apply - it was required that the then non Christian adults musr repent and/or believe and be baptized but that cannot now apply to little Christian children - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

God did speak it and he showed us. Man did tell them us to baptize. Jesus did in the great commission.

He spoke it: Make disciples of all nations and baptize them (Matthew).

And He showed us when He himself was baptized (Matthew).

What more do you want?

IHS...Mary

a better example and explanation may be bound at Mk 1 - it is indeed appropriate that Mark starts off with baptism being the start and pivot of Christianity - more later - twinc

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we must first realise, understand and accept what was necessary and applied then does not now apply - it was required that the then non Christian adults musr repent and/or believe and be baptized but that cannot now apply to little Christian children - twinc
Jesus said baptize. He didn't say baptize adults only. He didn't say this will only apply for the next 50 years.

IHS...Mary

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said baptize. He didn't say baptize adults only. He didn't say this will only apply for the next 50 years.

IHS...Mary

of course repent and believe still applies to non Christian adults but not to non Christian infants - twinc

Reactions: pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course repent and believe still applies to non Christian adults but not to non Christian infants - twinc
twinc,

Your cryptic response does not address the statements I made. Jesus said baptize. He didn't say baptize adults only. He didn't say this will only apply for the next 50 years.

If we can only be saved by repenting and believing then what happens to infants when they die?

IHS....Mary

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph. 1:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Eph. 1:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

who are included as we if not the wee ones - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
twinc,

Your cryptic response does not address the statements I made. Jesus said baptize. He didn't say baptize adults only. He didn't say this will only apply for the next 50 years.

If we can only be saved by repenting and believing then what happens to infants when they die?

IHS....Mary

exactly as I have already stated - repent and believe only applied to non Christian adults - twinc

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly as I have already stated - repent and believe only applied to non Christian adults - twinc
Hi twinc,

If you have already stated it, I can't find it. Can you re-state it? Please?

Infants and small children have nothing to repent and are not capable of believing. What happens to them when they die?

IHS....Mary

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi twinc,

If you have already stated it, I can't find it. Can you re-state it? Please?

Infants and small children have nothing to repent and are not capable of believing. What happens to them when they die?

IHS....Mary

it is even on the post you are replying to and goes thus and so .........repent and believe and be baptised is only required and applies to adult non Christians who like Nicodemus must be born again as little Christian children and be baptised 'in the name of the Father, son and Holy Spirit - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
oic now, you are on multiple threads with this; i knew i had seen a post of yours legitimizing some form of ritual baptism...

of course you are wrong again - it was not I who legitimized ritual baptism as a required work of God worked by man - twinc

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New

Eph. 1:

--------------------------------------------

ALL that believe in JESUS......

Don't forget GOD know what the children would grow up as, so GOD does
what GOD know's...........................

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is even on the post you are replying to and goes thus and so .........repent and believe and be baptised is only required and applies to adult non Christians who like Nicodemus must be born again as little Christian children and be baptised 'in the name of the Father, son and Holy Spirit - twinc
What happens to the souls of infants and small children when they die? The souls of adult's who have the mental capacity of a child?

IHS...Mary

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
New

Eph. 1:

--------------------------------------------

ALL that believe in JESUS......

Don't forget GOD know what the children would grow up as, so GOD does
what GOD know's...........................

okay then lets go as it seems we have to primary or basics - many accept that there is nothing more faithful than a dog but of course they are wrong for there is, it is called a child - both faithful and reliant on parents and God - truly they are saved by the grace of God through their natural childlike in born faith that adults grow out of and must regain - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
What happens to the souls of infants and small children when they die? The souls of adult's who have the mental capacity of a child?

IHS...Mary

it is required that we be childlike but not childish - this is not simple - twinc

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is required that we be childlike but not childish - this is not simple - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I admire your tenacity in asking your question. If you have known twinc many years you will know it doesn't happen....he never answers a question " in a straight line"..bless his heart.
He has stock answers and never deviates from them much.
Blessings....H

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admire your tenacity in asking your question. If you have known twinc many years you will know it doesn't happen....he never answers a question " in a straight line"..bless his heart.
He has stick answers and never deviates from them much.
Blessings....H
Thank You ByGrace. I didn't know that. I knew he was cryptic but I thought he might want to engage in a non cryptic (normal) conversation.

Respectfully....Mary

Reactions: bbyrd009