Basic Bible Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 23:7-8 actually states that Israel will be planted in a fertile field.

This passage was frame because of the belief in the theology of the "Promised Land," which began to be unfolded when Israel crossed back over the Jordan River and was true until Israel was scattered through the whole world. H:0127 which actually has the meaning of soil but is translated as "land" which is theologically in error.

Jeremiah 23:7-8: - 7 "Therefore, behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that they shall no longer say, 'As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,' 8 but, 'As the Lord lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the earth where I had driven them.' And they shall dwell in their own field."​

Another passage which also supports this is found in Ezekiel 34:

Ezekiel 34:11-16: - 11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own fertile field; I will feed them on the religion of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the earth. 14 I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the religion of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the Religion of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord God. 16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment."​

[With corrections to remove the Promised Land Theological understanding in both passages.]
All of that was fulfilled in Jesus' first appearance, and the giving of the Holy Spirit to all people of faith in Jesus.
For example: "their own field" (Ezk. 34:13) is explained by Jesus to be "pasture" .
John 10:9- “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
So then, if the Jews don't accept Jesus as their Messiah/Savior, they will never receive the pasture/"field" that God promised for them.
Why do you want to ignore this scripture:
Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The blind leading the blind there I guess
You say that Enoch and Elijah in heaven right now in the flesh before the throne of God.
No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it,
but your op is full of other really bad suppositions imo, sorry
that I guess you will also ignore Scripture to propagate.

Can't import it on an iPad, but a search of "Mithraism and Christianity," which should autocomplete for "Christianity," you don't even have to type it, will make this more clear.

Christ came that we might have life, more abundantly, but you seek death, more abundantly, with the warped definition of "rapture" that does not comport with Scripture, and the asserting the pov that a believer might go up to heaven--only after they have died of course right.

So I guess Peter said it best, we read Paul "to our own destruction," so that we can sing "when we all get to heaven" and collect tithes I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
G'day Jay,

The OP shows a pretrib rapture diagram but there are many who accept a posttrib rapture.

Oz
Maybe I can explain that confusion.

The Bible talks about the pretrib rapture for all Saints prior to the tribulation.

It also says at the second coming the martyrs of the tribulation will be raptured.

Add to that there will be Saints who die during the MK.

The first resurrection covers all the resurrections and raptures from the pre-trib to the final at the end of time regarding Saints.

The second resurrection is that the time that refers to those at all times going to the white throne judgment for condemnation.

D

Dave L

Maybe I can explain that confusion.

The Bible talks about the pretrib rapture for all Saints prior to the tribulation.

It also says at the second coming the martyrs of the tribulation will be raptured.

Add to that there will be Saints who die during the MK.

The first resurrection covers all the resurrections and raptures from the pre-trib to the final at the end of time regarding Saints.

The second resurrection is that the time that refers to those at all times going to the white throne judgment for condemnation.
Were's the scriptural proof for any of this?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... you guys know that there is MORE than one false doctrine in the "timeline" ...

• Seven year tribulation -- FALSE
  • Tribulation era rapture -- FALSE
  • ... and maybe others

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... you guys know that there is MORE than one false doctrine in the "timeline" ...

• Seven year tribulation -- FALSE
  • Tribulation era rapture -- FALSE
  • ... and maybe others

Bobby Jo
The 70th week of Daniel and other prophecies disagree with you.

And it is not the tribulation era rapture. The rapture occurs at immediately before the tribulation.

D

Dave L

You got that right. Dave has been immunized to Bible truth. That could apply to many others also.
If either of you could produce scripture directly supporting you claims, Dave would be proven wrong.