Basic Bible Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Chapter and verse please. You won't find any such statement by Jesus.
Matthew says Jesus is Israel. As does Paul, along with those who believe in him. BTW, who else would it be if circumcision, now abolished, made one a physical Jew or physical member of Israel?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It struck me there is something people do not see. I also haven't seen it before. It is this,
As I explained before, the first angel of Revelation 14 was the many saints resurrected when Christ rose from the dead who went into the city and witnessed. They were the "first angel-message-witness" of Jesus' Resurrection forty days long, after which Christ ascended as seen in Acts 1..

In Acts 2 we read about Pentecost, 'Fiftieth Day' of passover after Abib 16 the passover day Jesus rose from the dead, the "First Sheaf Offering Waved before the LORD". Pentecost was FIFTY days after He Resurrected.
Ten days therefore after Jesus had ascended and had taken captives -- the resurrected "many" of Matthew 27, with Him, was Pentecost.
Ten days... no Jesus on earth, no apostles anointed yet, no nothing??

No! Read attentively Acts 2:1. Please don't read a FAKE translation that does not SAY: "when the day of Pentecost was FULLY come"! Because this tells about the 10 days Jesus had physically gone up and away from the earth 40 days after He Resurrected UNTIL this "day when Pentecost the Fiftieth Day was FULLY come" after "the third day" of the "Passover of Yahweh" on "the sixteenth day of the First Month the Sanctuary was CLEANSED"! 2Chronicles 29:17.
[["Cleansed" how? Isaiah 57:15!]]

TEN DAYS! Ten days after the "first witness" had gone together with "The True Witness"--to heaven. And the Little Children of their heavenly Father left-- alone, against their Lord Jesus' assurance not to leave them alone?
No; the moment Jesus had gone up, He had sent the Comforter, and the Comforter sought out and brought together and as it were "consoled" / "consolidated" / 'raptured', the Little Flock "in one place where all with one accord were with one another"-- the birthday and birthplace of "the Sanctuary" of the Lord Jesus, the Sanctuary or Communion / Commonwealth / "REIGN" of "those who received part in the First Resurrection". “Thy Way o God is in the Sanctuary!” “A glorious high Throne from the beginning is the Place of Our Sanctuary.

But now I only wanted to explain the fullness of the ten 'empty', days in between Ascension and Pentecost. They were not uneventful, of no salvation, or "for the People of God" importance. They were days FILLED with the FULLNESS of Jesus "Christ given to the Church as Head, The ALL in all fulfilling Fullness of God".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

You are trying to change the topic trying to change the topic.

Enoch was not at the Transfiguration.

Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven alive.
Regardless, look at Moses and Elijah in the transfiguration. Doesn't that tell us something about how we enter heaven at death?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew says Jesus is Israel.
No Mathew does NOT say that Jesus is Israel, and Jesus NEVER said that the Church is Israel.

Here is what Matthew says about Jesus:
...thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins...
...and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us...
...And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene...
...And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased...

D

Dave L

No Mathew does NOT say that Jesus is Israel, and Jesus NEVER said that the Church is Israel.

Here is what Matthew says about Jesus:
...thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins...
...and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us...
...And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene...
...And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased...
Matthew affirms this as does Paul when you make an unbiased study of the topic.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP diagram is a pretty picture of misunderstanding and does not bear any resemblance of what will be happening until the Lord Returns to Judge all of mankind at the second resurrection.

Shalom

Hey JR,

YOU'RE WRONG! CI got HALF the things right, but he also got HALF the things WRONG, -- which is a little like listening to Bill Clinton or Obama. We never know what to believe! :)

Oh well, what else can we do?!?
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse please. You won't find any such statement by Jesus.

And ANOTHER WRONG STATEMENT! Don't you KNOW that "Dave L" speaks in the AUTHORITY OF JESUS? Get with the program. There are those whose Doctrines supersede Scripture. In fact, they're the only ones who are able to correct what GOD says!

Welcome to "christianity". :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave L

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey JR,

YOU'RE WRONG! CI got HALF the things right, but he also got HALF the things WRONG, -- which is a little like listening to Bill Clinton or Obama. We never know what to believe! :)

Oh well, what else can we do?!?
Bobby Jo

Whatever. But the diagram image that he used was not his if the copyright tag is anything to go by, unless CoreIssue is Dr Randy Lariscy, in which case he should own up to that fact..

Reactions: OzSpen