Battle For Your Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. Spent half the day in a dentist chair. Focus fail.
Rather than
I think you need to pay more attention to detail in referencing my post.

I wasn't prosecuting or persecuting you in the slightest and simply asked what the issue with you calling yourself pastor was? ( as of right now, i don't see one)

I also agree that the volume of threads devoted to the subject is unwarranted.

Is there a point you are trying to make with me?

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have confused Mary, Jesus’s mother and Mary magdalene
Ouch, Sir....:)
...quietthinker Rather than continue the barrage of meaningless attacks over your disaproval when a pastor calls himself a pastor. I will no longer put efffort into your thread. Believe me, I have multiple battles on many fronts. This one is not of my choosing. Move onto the next new forum member and flex.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. Spent half the day in a dentist chair. Focus fail.
Rather than
I don't have to worry about dentist's anymore.
whew..lol
I spent the day with my 86 year old dad. He asked me to come over to his girl's place to give him a shave.
It makes her uncomfortable, so my dad calls me.
Interesting situations sometimes.
She was doing a craft fair this morning, so instead of dad being left alone for the day, he asked if I'd come over today instead of sunday.
We ordered pizza for lunch. I gave him a top half bath.. so far.. I never took care of another adult that wasn't my husband or my child.
This is all new to me. And we both know it LOL
I knew there was some crates and stuff she needs to move away from the woodpile, because their coming to restock it tomorrow.
So she needs to move all these, must be at least 30 of those big plastic stoage boxes of fabric and stuff.
So my dad called her while she was at the fair and asked if she would like me to hang around and help move those crates.
She's almost 79 and she has more energy than I've had in a long time.
(She don't like me much, and she don't like me touching her stuff.. long story..)
She declined, I knew she would. And i sure didn't want to offend her for moving things she didn't want me to.
So I stayed until just before she came home. (For some reason the sight of me makes her ugly)
It was a real pleasant drive, about 45 min each way. Roads were quiet. I live in the boonies of Maine.
Take those short cut mountain roads, while everyone else is taking route 1.
Did a lot of thinking both ways on the trip.
I thought about God's heart.
And how we should have His heart In us.
I was thinking real good.

I had a great day.
I'm sorry you had to go the dentist.
But if I had to do over again.. I would of taken better care of my teeth.
:D

Hugs

Reactions: Mayflower

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...quietthinker Rather than continue the barrage of meaningless attacks over your disaproval when a pastor calls himself a pastor. I will no longer put efffort into your thread. Believe me, I have multiple battles on many fronts. This one is not of my choosing. Move onto the next new forum member and flex.
Steven, you see this exchange as attacks? I do not see it as such. I see it as a confrontation differentiating between self glorification and humility.

The scripture tells us that Jesus made himself of no reputation... please consider it for it stands in contrast to any who would done a title.

Titles by their very nature carry an elevated position.

Assuming a title oneself reflects ego; insisting on wearing a title compounds the issue whereas if others choose to address a person using a title, it indicates respect. Respect in the real sense is not coerced either covertly or overtly.

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steven, you see this exchange as attacks? I do not see it as such. I see it as a confrontation differentiating between self glorification and humility.

The scripture tells us that Jesus made himself of no reputation... please consider it for it stands in contrast to any who would done a title.

Titles by their very nature carry an elevated position.

Assuming a title oneself reflects ego; insisting on wearing a title compounds the issue whereas if others choose to address a person using a title, it indicates respect. Respect in the real sense is not coerced either covertly or overtly.
I don't have to worry about dentist's anymore.
whew..lol
I spent the day with my 86 year old dad. He asked me to come over to his girl's place to give him a shave.
It makes her uncomfortable, so my dad calls me.
Interesting situations sometimes.
She was doing a craft fair this morning, so instead of dad being left alone for the day, he asked if I'd come over today instead of sunday.
We ordered pizza for lunch. I gave him a top half bath.. so far.. I never took care of another adult that wasn't my husband or my child.
This is all new to me. And we both know it LOL
I knew there was some crates and stuff she needs to move away from the woodpile, because their coming to restock it tomorrow.
So she needs to move all these, must be at least 30 of those big plastic stoage boxes of fabric and stuff.
So my dad called her while she was at the fair and asked if she would like me to hang around and help move those crates.
She's almost 79 and she has more energy than I've had in a long time.
(She don't like me much, and she don't like me touching her stuff.. long story..)
She declined, I knew she would. And i sure didn't want to offend her for moving things she didn't want me to.
So I stayed until just before she came home. (For some reason the sight of me makes her ugly)
It was a real pleasant drive, about 45 min each way. Roads were quiet. I live in the boonies of Maine.
Take those short cut mountain roads, while everyone else is taking route 1.
Did a lot of thinking both ways on the trip.
I thought about God's heart.
And how we should have His heart In us.
I was thinking real good.

I had a great day.
I'm sorry you had to go the dentist.
But if I had to do over again.. I would of taken better care of my teeth.
:D

Hugs
I am midway through getting full dental implants. I had major heart surgery a couple years ago. The medicine literally attacked all my teeth. The process is not bad, learning to talk with temporaries is a nightmare :) I have a lisp in all my recent messages. Nothing I stress over, just difficult to annunciate properly.

Reactions: Ziggy

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Hmmm seems like if we know Jesus we have seen the glory of God.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what Mary was told to call her son?
Yes, I do get your point here QT. Is is a valid one.

And Yahshua/Jesus never gave himself a title prefix before his name and did not call himself, demand to be called the Lord, Rabbi or Master or the Christ, or even the Son of God. If he did call himself the latter two titles he possessed these labels by inference or by someone else's admission, as someone already said he was this title already, or inquired into if he was indeed the Messiah or the Son of the living God.

The disciples would call Yahshua, Master, all the time, as they knew he was at least their true teacher or Lord, from God.

Yahshua was a humble servant throughout his preaching the Kingdom and the gospel; to serve his Father and his fellow man and women for their salvation.

The one title that Yahshua would constantly call himself, was the Son of Man...ONE of US

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The medicine literally attacked all my teeth.
Sugar did a number on my teeth, not to mention my arteries.
Like a solid cube of sugar lodged right between my belly button and my pelvic bone, blocking the blood flow in the Main artery (Aorta) leading to my legs.
Sugar is poison.
They call it Occlusion of the Aorta. I call it a roadblock.
But the body is amazing and made these little back roads, they call peripheral arteries, and because of them I'm still walking.. kind of.

It takes awhile learning to eat with no teeth also, and if I could afford implants.. after over 10 years of no teeth,
I probably wouldn't bother. Nothing I can't eat except peanuts. that's why they made peanutbutter, just for people with no teeth.
LOL

Hugs

Reactions: marks

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we stop this ridiculous nitpicking and petty complaining?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can we stop this ridiculous nitpicking and petty complaining?
Principles of the World and principles of God’s kingdom, by their very nature are incompatible.
Attempting to blend the two and passing it off as acceptable practice identifies the Church more with the World than the World with the Church.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Principles of the World and principles of God’s kingdom, by their very nature are incompatible.
Attempting to blend the two and passing it off as acceptable practice identifies the Church more with the World than the World with the Church.

Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

Rom 14:12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God

Shalom Aleichem

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

Shalom Aleichem
So when Paul pulled Peter into line, he was inappropriate?

... or are you quoting judgement texts against me to validate self glorification?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom Aleichem
Curtis: This is not to point a finger only to you personally, it's also to others that also have joined this band wagon of group judgement of a servant who brings up a valid, and to many, an awkward heart and mind rattling point. It should be debated and not be outright condemned without further inquiry.

I believe the scripture you listed works both ways, and IMO strongly supports QT in this case because there is no support or inquiry into the validity of his point being done, except by the questioner himself, QT. He is the only one expounding on it. There should not be a mob ruling on this subject as with any subject here.

We are all meant to be servants on the same spiritual plane. The Master will indeed sort out any fuss in the end.

I believe QT is speaking from his heart and with conviction to support equal servanthood and spiritual footing in Christ to the Father, on this Forum.

He makes a point on the title of a person called 'Pastor' without trying to get personal. There is no other way to approach it IMO. And then suddenly folks charge in with a personal and even condemning charge of judgement against another brother. Are we that thin-skinned and lack understanding of what is being said here? Do we really know what QT is saying, or do we not care? Are we that fragile and fearful that we begin to condemn a point that deep inside is logical and fitting in a forum such as this one.

If I were to be in a forum of science and engineering for example, I could list many titles before my actual name, and many do this as a personal 'trip' for themselves. Do you think I would remain in this type of forum for long? Never in your life. I love to be true to myself as the Spirit of God guides me this way, without self-pride.

No, we are all meant to be servants, FREE to speak our minds as led, and not to eagerly gang up on one servant for making an awkward and valid suggestion that we 'feel' is not appropriate; or does it really offend our consciences? I believe some that have overreacted with their comments or are apologetic to not offend a 'Pastor', I believe, have had their consciences rattled in the spur of the moment, and why is this? Maybe we need to reexamine why we have reacted this way.

So who is really doing all the judging here in the end?

APAK