Battles, Wars, Victories and Defeats....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in the most difficult, treasonous, immoral and evil times of the history of creation....
It is ever so much more critical that we keep our minds and hearts guarded from the arrows the enemy is shooting us with...
We are commanded in His Word to fignt the good fight of faith...and having done all to stand....STAND

There are doctrines of men showing up everywhere in the churches distorting Gods Word and changing the context of it....such as whether there is miracles today or not today....making God simply an image in our mind that we pray to and thats about it....no power, no anointing no involvement with us whatsoever.....LIARS!!!! FALSE TEACHERS, FALSE DOCTRINE., FALSE RELIGION...God will deal with them accordingly on the day of judgment.

And the area that is the least discussed, least practiced and applied, and least understood is the weapons of our warfare and the strategy of Satan and his army to kill, steal, and destroy us...
I am not going to go into a lot of detail as to the works of the enemy....already got a thread on that....no I am wanting to share how we must walk in victory and not give in to Satan and his demons under any circumstances...

Absolutely agree.

And the Bible warns us to stay away from those in the last days, that have a form of godliness, but deny the DUNAMIS power, thereof.

Dunamis being Holy Spirit miracle working dynamic power.

2 Timothy 3:1 and 3:5

Stay away from churches that say miracles, healing, and spiritual gifts have ended.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this passage right here. It speaks to the victory, and to the fact that nothing our spiritual enemy can do will ever sever from God those who truly love Him, and give their lives to Him completely.

Keeping in mind that God loves those on their way to hell, too.

His love is unconditional, but salvation is very conditional, and after salvation, remaining in Christ is conditional on continuing to walk in the light, as He is in the light, wrote Paul.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping in mind that God loves those on their way to hell, too.

His love is unconditional, but salvation is very conditional, and after salvation, remaining in Christ is conditional on continuing to walk in the light, as He is in the light, wrote Paul.

Correct. :)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely agree.

And the Bible warns us to stay away from those in the last days, that have a form of godliness, but deny the DUNAMIS power, thereof.

Dunamis being Holy Spirit miracle working dynamic power.

2 Timothy 3:1 and 3:5

Stay away from churches that say miracles, healing, and spiritual gifts have ended.
So how do you apply that to forum life as there are many on here who do not believe in the power, or that the gifts have continued. Yet we are having fellowship with them when we come together........

Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you apply that to forum life as there are many on here who do not believe in the power, or that the gifts have continued. Yet we are having fellowship with them when we come together........

Rita
If we maintain a humble spirit and don't allow ourselves to get pulled into arguing and striving over the Word of God, then the first thing we have done is defeated the spirit of strife...if no one feeds it then it goes elsewhere...seeking to feed its own lust for strife and creating discord among the brethren.
God still loves them and wants them set free from spiritual bonds...especially false doctrines...
Your best weapon is the Word of God mixed with the Love of Jesus and an attitude of humbleness of heart.

Reactions: Azim and Truman

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:37-39 ESV / 43 helpful votes
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. (Romans 13:11-14)

When We Put on the armour of Light, we put on Christ Jesus, this armour blinds the enemy and makes his arrows miss their mark. The image i think of is from the Lord of The Rings when Gandalf arrives at sunrise, and the enemy is blinded by the rising sun behind the army... see video

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. (Romans 13:11-14)

When We Put on the armour of Light, we put on Christ Jesus, this armour blinds the enemy and makes his arrows miss their mark. The image i think of is from the Lord of The Rings when Gandalf arrives at sunrise, and the enemy is blinded by the rising sun behind the army... see video
Amen! Darkness cannot comprehend the light...or in other words light causes all darkness to disappear.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what about defeats in our life?
There aren't any for those who hold fast their confession of faith and trust in His Word...
Roman's 8:28
Romans 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁷ And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
²⁸ And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
²⁹ For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

All things means all things....and what the enemy meant for bad God will turn it for good ....
Joseph said to his brothers who feared he would attempt to avenge himself for what they did to him....instead he said
But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive. — Genesis 50:20 NKJV

The whole context...
Genesis 50 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁷ So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.
¹⁸ And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants.
¹⁹ And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
²⁰ But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
²¹ Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim and pompadour

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we maintain a humble spirit and don't allow ourselves to get pulled into arguing and striving over the Word of God, then the first thing we have done is defeated the spirit of strife...if no one feeds it then it goes elsewhere...seeking to feed its own lust for strife and creating discord among the brethren.
God still loves them and wants them set free from spiritual bonds...especially false doctrines...
Your best weapon is the Word of God mixed with the Love of Jesus and an attitude of humbleness of heart.
I think i was questioning the fact that if this was the case in a church, the advice was to leave. So should the above be followed within a church rather than walking away x
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think i was questioning the fact that if this was the case in a church, the advice was to leave. So should the above be followed within a church rather than walking away x
Rita
In church that is teaching false doctrine it isn't His church and you should never stay....but if you have been attending this church all your life how do you recognize the false teaching?...
You wouldn't be able to unless you started seeking His Truth for yourself and leaning on the Holy Spirit to teach you and guide you....then it would be necessary to speak to the pastor and share it with him...if he refuses to hear it...leave.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In church that is teaching false doctrine it isn't His church and you should never stay....but if you have been attending this church all your life how do you recognize the false teaching?...
You wouldn't be able to unless you started seeking His Truth for yourself and leaning on the Holy Spirit to teach you and guide you....then it would be necessary to speak to the pastor and share it with him...if he refuses to hear it...leave.
Hmmm, yes I agree and have had to make this decision for myself in the past.
Guess I will have to consider the forum a bit more, at a bit of a crossroads. Xx
Rita

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, yes I agree and have had to make this decision for myself in the past.
Guess I will have to consider the forum a bit more, at a bit of a crossroads. Xx
Rita
The forum has laid down its statement of faith and what it considers as the foundation of the truth of God's Word....
It also has declared its mission statement saying we are all a work in progress and its goal is to reach others with the Love of Christ...

Reactions: pompadour

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board Statement of Faith
Christianity Board (CyB) acknowledges that the nature of a forum community dictates that its members will hold a diverse range of beliefs within the Christian faith. In addition to this, we recognize that all Christians are a work in progress (Ephesians 4:13), and therefore we each are at different locations in our walk with Jesus at any given time. However, this diversity does not mean that we must sacrifice essential truths of living as a follower of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, throughout the centuries, certain doctrines have crept in that attempt to corrupt the core of the faith, and we must diligently stand against them. We must adhere to some measure of orthodoxy in order to protect the essential core of the faith.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board Mission Statement

"Upward calling, inward building and outward reaching”
-Angelina

Upward Calling

Christianityboard.com believes that faith is a constant journey and knowing God is a never ending adventure. The study in getting to know and developing a close relationship with God begins in this life and will continue throughout all eternity because God is infinite. We all see the divine glory from many different perspectives. By sharing biblical insights with others that share core beliefs can perpetually increase our study in getting to know and loving God more and more.

Inward Building

We are all called to grow in and become more and more Christ like. By sharing our life's adventures and challenges with other's of the faith we can receive support and encouragement along the way in this life. By seeing other's perspectives on God and salvation it can expand our own horizons endlessly. Remember your faith is only limited by the person you put it into and God is Infinite.

Outward reaching

By posting our faith and theology with others on this forum in a loving and supportive way can show other's that might not share our beliefs what we are all about. By allowing other's to see how we behave and encourage one another in Christ and by growing in the knowledge of God and his Greatness can help point the lost to Christ.

Reactions: Azim

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I can't wait for Jude 14,15; it's going to be awesome!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with the above, and interestingly that side of forum life I can deal with, it’s the other side of forum life that involves opinions and thoughts on things that are going on ..... but this is derailing the thread, and I don’t want to do that. It’s something I have to work out...........

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the above, and interestingly that side of forum life I can deal with, it’s the other side of forum life that involves opinions and thoughts on things that are going on ..... but this is derailing the thread, and I don’t want to do that. It’s something I have to work out...........
Praying for you sister...don't let the enemy have any victories! I used to pray and ask to see others through His eyes....it took some time and a lot of prayer and soul searching, along with the Holy Spirit convicting my heart to come to a place that everyone who are Christian's believes in the gospel of salvation through Christ....but what He showed me that really made a difference is that we are all at different levels of maturity....some are still babes feeding on the milk.
And as far as religious doctrines....all of them have truth and all of them have errors in truth...look at the Seven Churches in Revelation...
That's why God says He will restore His Church as it was intended to be like it was in the Apostles day...the Church Jesus started.
This is the church that God is raising up again....and it will be glorious...
But for now...let's not strive against one another... but rather have patience ....let our actions speak louder than our words...unless you are quoting scripture.
Philippians 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
¹⁰ That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

¹⁵ Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
¹⁶ The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
¹⁷ But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
¹⁸ What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
¹⁹ For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a lot of members don't like all of the conflicts on many of the topics posted on this forum, Me included. I have been on this forum for many yrs and have seen a lot of it. Have thought of walking away several times. But God kept bringing me back.

After many Prayers, I finally realized that all of the conflicts, arguments and contentious discussions actually made me grow stronger in my faith. competition all ways makes a person grow and try harder to be the best they can be.
So don't run away from conflict, in brace it.
If you knew the true value of your enemy you would purchase him with pure gold. The greater the enemy the stronger you will become. And remember the Holy Spirit has your back.

Keep your faith strong. God Bless. Pomp.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know a lot of members don't like all of the conflicts on many of the topics posted on this forum, Me included. I have been on this forum for many yrs and have seen a lot of it. Have thought of walking away several times. But God kept bringing me back.

After many Prayers, I finally realized that all of the conflicts, arguments and contentious discussions actually made me grow stronger in my faith. competition all ways makes a person grow and try harder to be the best they can be.
So don't run away from conflict, in brace it.
If you knew the true value of your enemy you would purchase him with pure gold. The greater the enemy the stronger you will become. And remember the Holy Spirit has your back.

Keep your faith strong. God Bless. Pomp.
You are as good as your competition. But, know your limit, I guess.