Being Banned from so called Christian Foruns

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being banned from a so called Christian Forum doesn't bother me so much. Although I would like to tell those who do these things how misled they are. Jesus himself reminds us that the Lost and Sinners of the world are those who need his teaching more than the Found. To be Banned from these Forums who claim to be Christian doesn't help the lost at all. I myself have been Banned from several only because of what I believe the Bible really says. I ask this question would Jesus not allow me to give my opinion. Many Atheist are Banned from these forums. Would Jesus turn away from them. I think not but would do as he does which is to save. You will never get one of these lost soles to believe by sending them away. I compare these so called Christians who run these forums to those who killed Jesus. He didn't match up for them, he didn't teach there belief, his teachings were truth, and they couldn't have Him spreading it all around, so they killed Him. I'm thankful that so far here on this Forum I am able to speak my belief. It may not be one you agree with but we can freely discuss and maybe change one anothers mind.

In any case you should always express your views in a Christian spirit -- no name-calling no ad hominem etc. Because at the end of the day no matter what man bans you - you don't want God to also ban you. :)

Reactions: tigger 2

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this site by accident and I was drawn to this post. I was just banned off of www.christianforums.com. I had such a sense of unreality - the moderators there are in darkness. I had just met two people who I really clicked with, one who was a strong believer who knew scripture better than anyone I'd ever known. There was such "iron sharpening iron" and all of a sudden I was falsely accused of something. I knew it was "the accuser." It had happened before because someone on there kept reporting me for weird things. I was reported once for trying to perform an exorcism! I did no such thing. So I was reported again and the one moderator was sour and had a chip on his shoulder. There was nothing at all Christlike about him. I think what they do is they allow "supporters" to falsely accuse and when there is a judgment call they'll throw off a non-supporter to appease the sinning supporters.
I'm writing an article about how there are a lot of politics on forums and because of anonymity, there are more cases of abuse.
I asked them to give my email address to the two people I had connected with and they wouldn't even do that. I think that if Christ Himself had gone on their forum they would have thrown Him off. They're hypocrites. They can't see that they're blind.
That's been my experience there as well.

I've had a WORLD better experience here, and realized I don't need that toxicity in my life.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I found this site by accident and I was drawn to this post. I was just banned off of www.christianforums.com. I had such a sense of unreality - the moderators there are in darkness. I had just met two people who I really clicked with, one who was a strong believer who knew scripture better than anyone I'd ever known. There was such "iron sharpening iron" and all of a sudden I was falsely accused of something. I knew it was "the accuser." It had happened before because someone on there kept reporting me for weird things. I was reported once for trying to perform an exorcism! I did no such thing. So I was reported again and the one moderator was sour and had a chip on his shoulder. There was nothing at all Christlike about him. I think what they do is they allow "supporters" to falsely accuse and when there is a judgment call they'll throw off a non-supporter to appease the sinning supporters.
I'm writing an article about how there are a lot of politics on forums and because of anonymity, there are more cases of abuse.
I asked them to give my email address to the two people I had connected with and they wouldn't even do that. I think that if Christ Himself had gone on their forum they would have thrown Him off. They're hypocrites. They can't see that they're blind.
I could contact your friends for you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi H
I hardly go there anymore.
But I'm not Sovereign Grace there....

And you are not Sovereign Grace here either!!! :)
I was just @Tagging her , because it was you I was writing to not her and I wanted her to see your offer of connecting her with her friends.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you mention the truth about Jesus Christ, many do not like that at all, I got banned from a car forum not long ago, I was not given the opportunity to point out that the fool mod was totally in the wrong in totally mistaking what I had said, because another member had a go at me with a attack on me being like the movie Pulp fiction showing a picture of the black character who he claimed was just like me.
So it was a total insult to me to be cast in that light as such, that has nothing to do with Christianity at all in any way what so ever.
Not to mention that I totally hate that movie because many idiots think that what the two morons are doing is Christian and the love of that show that morons look up to such rubbish just gets on my goat.
So I attacked the character in the show for what he truly represented, but the gay mod idolised that dude and John Revolter and could not see past his idolatry of movie stars. it had to do with the character but the simpleton mod is a new age hair brain.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
And you are not Sovereign Grace here either!!! :)
I was just @Tagging her , because it was you I was writing to not her and I wanted her to see your offer of connecting her with her friends.
Well, at least one of us knows who I am!
LOL

Reactions: Helen

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I decided to register for the first time in 2012, this was 7 years after I came to faith. Yes, it took me seven years later to actually start studying scripture. Don't ask why, lol. Anyways, when I really started studying I was hooked. For the life of me I couldn't understand why people believed they could lose their salvation. I didn't have a lot of control back then. It pissed me off that they believed this, I didn't know how to approach them. So yes, I've gotten banned from 2 or 3 forums. Learning about the deception of false doctrine was well worth getting banned however.

I didn't hold anything back, my passion for Christ was pretty condemning back then. Now that I know the truth of my salvation and the truth of scripture, it's all hilarious to me now. Forums are basically arguments about works vs grace all day long. Once you know the truth though and you're eyes are open, there is no going back. All that's left is wondering why religion rules the world while the truth gets discarded.
It's pretty frightening when one can be banished for addressing false doctrine. I think it's the evil one: he wants people in darkness and to believe "doctrines of demons" - but for a Christian to do the work of the enemy and not realize it is mind-boggling. There is such damage done when Christians refuse to search their own hearts. Give one a little bit of power and it goes to their head. When I spoke with the moderator who was at least somewhat receptive (another was a plain-out mean person) - she refused to entertain the thought that 'she' could be the one in the wrong. She kept pointing the finger at me and telling me that I had better stop reading all these crazy websites - I couldn't believe it. I tried to patiently show her that she needed to search her heart too and it was like talking to a wall. She kept telling me that I was wrong. I don't want to imply that an older person is necessarily more wise but I was probably a believer when she was in diapers. There was no getting through to her so I finally asked her to take it in the right spirit but that she was only a forum monitor.

Wrong words.

She couldn't handle the truth - I had thrown a bucket of cold water on her power trip. She was enjoying being the "judge" until I gave her a dose of reality. "Let a bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly." She refused to even speak after that and it wasn't sent in a mean spirit but I learned that it wouldn't have mattered. She was riding high and didn't want to be shot down. But it's interesting. I searched my heart for days. I asked God to show me if I was in the wrong. I did everything that I could to make peace and it was so much easier for her to banish me than to admit that she had a problem, and I was at complete peace. So I think we have to follow what WE know is true and if someone pulls a power play like a forum monitor then we move on and see where God takes us. It was actually the impetus for me to make my own site about abuse in the church and on forums. I just started it but I'll see where God takes me. It's www.therenegadsaints.com if anyone wants to look at it. Tell me the truth about anything you don't agree with or any theology that you feel applies. I've seen these problems in churches and forums for many years. I'm finally writing about it because Christians really hurt each other - and I've been hurt and so has my family and I know others who have been. Satan doesn't have to do to much because there are too many Christians who do his work for him.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mention the truth about Jesus Christ, many do not like that at all, I got banned from a car forum not long ago, I was not given the opportunity to point out that the fool mod was totally in the wrong in totally mistaking what I had said, because another member had a go at me with a attack on me being like the movie Pulp fiction showing a picture of the black character who he claimed was just like me.
So it was a total insult to me to be cast in that light as such, that has nothing to do with Christianity at all in any way what so ever.
Not to mention that I totally hate that movie because many idiots think that what the two morons are doing is Christian and the love of that show that morons look up to such rubbish just gets on my goat.
So I attacked the character in the show for what he truly represented, but the gay mod idolised that dude and John Revolter and could not see past his idolatry of movie stars. it had to do with the character but the simpleton mod is a new age hair brain.
The moderators personal feelings influence a lot of what happens. I happen to believe that they'll reap what they sow but not before damaging others in the process. I talk to unbelievers and am constantly having snide remarks made like my head is in the clouds. It gets hard dealing with it sometimes. Which is why it's better talking with believers but it's such a shame that you get these little minds who can't see beyond their own puffed up pride to see how they're harming the cause of truth.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just went to that website address.... But it was just a search page, not a site.
Sorry - I just set it up today. I think my hubby told me it will take a day or so until it shows to anyone other than me. It's my first website so I don't really know what I'm doing yet:) Give it a day or so because I'd like feedback from others who have experienced this phenomenon. I wanted to find a way to help minister to others who were dealing with wounds from churches and forums. Maybe some believers on here would help too if I ever get people who find the site. One young man I spoke with on that old forum told me that he won't go to church anymore because of the judgmental people there. One of my family members refuses to go to independent churches (non-denominational) because of a church we attended one time. They were so judgmental because she chose to go to Catholic school with her friends. It was so wrong. I looked at the theology books and they were scripturally accurate. I don't believe in the emphasis on Mary but everything else I read was accurate. For the pastors to act that way was sinful. They committed more sins than that before we left. I just think there has to be more people addressing this issue because they can turn people away who need church the most.

I hope you stop back to the site. I hope I get through it - I have to learn wordpress.org. I set the site up on wordpress.com and it was easy but when I switched it to .org I have to learn about widgets and plug-ins and there's a learning curve.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reported once for trying to perform an exorcism! I did no such thing. So I was reported again and the one moderator was sour and had a chip on his shoulder. There was nothing at all Christlike about him. I think what they do is they allow "supporters" to falsely accuse and when there is a judgment call they'll throw off a non-supporter to appease the sinning supporters.

How they make their decisions remains something of a mystery, since they're very tight-lipped about things. But nearly everyone comes away with suspicions, probably precisely because they communicate so poorly with members.

And yes, they frown on anything resembling exorcism.
So I decided to make my own website and am in the process of setting it up: www.therenegadesaints.com - I just began it and haven't completed some of the articles but I wanted to offer others that experienced the same thing validation.

About starting your own forum, maybe spend some time thinking through how you would handle a lot of different situations. I had considered having forum boards at a website I post Bible Studies on, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't need the headache. In some ways it's like trying to run a religious nursery, only for adults.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry - I just set it up today. I think my hubby told me it will take a day or so until it shows to anyone other than me. It's my first website so I don't really know what I'm doing yet:) Give it a day or so because I'd like feedback from others who have experienced this phenomenon. I wanted to find a way to help minister to others who were dealing with wounds from churches and forums. Maybe some believers on here would help too if I ever get people who find the site. One young man I spoke with on that old forum told me that he won't go to church anymore because of the judgmental people there. One of my family members refuses to go to independent churches (non-denominational) because of a church we attended one time. They were so judgmental because she chose to go to Catholic school with her friends. It was so wrong. I looked at the theology books and they were scripturally accurate. I don't believe in the emphasis on Mary but everything else I read was accurate. For the pastors to act that way was sinful. They committed more sins than that before we left. I just think there has to be more people addressing this issue because they can turn people away who need church the most.

I hope you stop back to the site. I hope I get through it - I have to learn wordpress.org. I set the site up on wordpress.com and it was easy but when I switched it to .org I have to learn about widgets and plug-ins and there's a learning curve.
I definitely want to check it out, so I will certainly keep trying.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must have missed something. What was that?

Im post number #43 @GodsGrace offered to contact your friends for you.
I also tried to draw your attention to her offer by tagging you = @Soverign Grace which shows up in your ALERT with red numbers next to it ....top right next to your INBOX.

But it seems as if you don't read your Alerts as I think you missed her post and my tag too.
She is a member on that site..hence her offer to pass a message to your friends there.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
It's pretty frightening when one can be banished for addressing false doctrine. I think it's the evil one: he wants people in darkness and to believe "doctrines of demons" - but for a Christian to do the work of the enemy and not realize it is mind-boggling. There is such damage done when Christians refuse to search their own hearts. Give one a little bit of power and it goes to their head. When I spoke with the moderator who was at least somewhat receptive (another was a plain-out mean person) - she refused to entertain the thought that 'she' could be the one in the wrong. She kept pointing the finger at me and telling me that I had better stop reading all these crazy websites - I couldn't believe it. I tried to patiently show her that she needed to search her heart too and it was like talking to a wall. She kept telling me that I was wrong. I don't want to imply that an older person is necessarily more wise but I was probably a believer when she was in diapers. There was no getting through to her so I finally asked her to take it in the right spirit but that she was only a forum monitor.

Wrong words.

She couldn't handle the truth - I had thrown a bucket of cold water on her power trip. She was enjoying being the "judge" until I gave her a dose of reality. "Let a bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly." She refused to even speak after that and it wasn't sent in a mean spirit but I learned that it wouldn't have mattered. She was riding high and didn't want to be shot down. But it's interesting. I searched my heart for days. I asked God to show me if I was in the wrong. I did everything that I could to make peace and it was so much easier for her to banish me than to admit that she had a problem, and I was at complete peace. So I think we have to follow what WE know is true and if someone pulls a power play like a forum monitor then we move on and see where God takes us. It was actually the impetus for me to make my own site about abuse in the church and on forums. I just started it but I'll see where God takes me. It's www.therenegadsaints.com if anyone wants to look at it. Tell me the truth about anything you don't agree with or any theology that you feel applies. I've seen these problems in churches and forums for many years. I'm finally writing about it because Christians really hurt each other - and I've been hurt and so has my family and I know others who have been. Satan doesn't have to do to much because there are too many Christians who do his work for him.

Well, once you know the truth of the Gospel, I suppose the rest is just cheap entertainment. Use it as leverage.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How they make their decisions remains something of a mystery, since they're very tight-lipped about things. But nearly everyone comes away with suspicions, probably precisely because they communicate so poorly with members.

Their reasoning was way off. I could not get them to reason - it was "I'm right, you're wrong, I'm the forum moderator, I hold the power, so you go." It was very un-Christlike and condemning.

And yes, they frown on anything resembling exorcism.

I was NOT performing an exorcism! Someone said I was! I think I told a member that I thought he was the victim of a spiritual attack. Now how do you make the leap from suggesting another believer may be under attack to --> Exorcism? It was ludicrous.

About starting your own forum, maybe spend some time thinking through how you would handle a lot of different situations. I had considered having forum boards at a website I post Bible Studies on, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't need the headache. In some ways it's like trying to run a religious nursery, only for adults.

I understand why you would not want to do it. I'm not going to run a forum - I only wanted believers to have a place to share when they've been victimized by a church or forum. Some of the things that go on in the Christian community are worse than the world and what unbelievers would inflict. We went to a church one time and one of our children sat at a table with a friend that she brought to church. Now that could have been a time when the friend, who didn't come from a Christian home, could have been drawn to the church. Instead she was driven from it.

As my child and her friend sat at the table, a woman approached them and told them they had to move to another table because the family that owned the church sat there. My child asked why they didn't sit at one of the other empty tables, of which there were many. The woman shouted "this is where the **** sit, now you and your fat little friend get up and MOVE!"

So it's things like this that made me want to shine a light on these ugly behaviors by "Christians" who drive people AWAY from church rather than to it. It's just so sad.