Being Sensitive To The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I must first state, that I am not always sensitive to what the Holy Spirit is directing me to do. The Holy Spirit is a quiet voice that has to compete over all the inner and outward noise and thoughts that vies for our attention.

While sleeping before working nightshift, I felt a very gentle prompting to get up and go to the grocery store to do some shopping before work

I could have waited for another day but I felt compelled to get up. Any way, I got up, dressed and was just going out the front door when a friend dropped by that very minute.

She said she was on the way to the grocery store and would I like a ride. Well I was all ready and she asked how I knew she was coming at that very moment. I told her that the Holy Spirit woke me and told me to get dressed. :Broadly:

Glory!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you just feel something is said you need to search the source, I would not trust random prompts because the demons want to do the same.
I am in the deliverance ministry ( casting out demons) This was from the Holy Spirit. Demons would not bless me in this way.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you just feel something is said you need to search the source, I would not trust random prompts because the demons want to do the same.

To me, this is part of my relationship with God. I've learned these "inner prompts" are right on target, and I trust God to keep those demons from messing it up. I think the think is, I've come to learn His voice, and yes, you can, you can have conversations with your Creator.

Knowing the Scriptures is useful to keep us safe. But most of all I'm trusting God to keep me save in all respects.

Maybe the thing is, I don't see these being random, it's in context of our relationship.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in the deliverance ministry ( casting out demons) This was from the Holy Spirit. Demons would not bless me in this way.
This is one of those ways I know the voice I hear is my loving Creator. What He's done for me demonstrates His love for me in no uncertain terms. No one else loves me like He does, nor has the power in and over my life like He does.

Yep, I'm certain, it's Him!!!

Amazing!!!!

Much love!!!!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is one of those ways I know the voice I hear is my loving Creator. What He's done for me demonstrates His love for me in no uncertain terms. No one else loves me like He does, nor has the power in and over my life like He does.

Yep, I'm certain, it's Him!!!

Amazing!!!!

Much love!!!!!
I absolutely know that the Holy Spirit directed me to get up. Funny how he also told my friend to go get some groceries and see if I wanted a ride as she went past my house. :stageright:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus. Back when I was working I noticed my skedule for the following weekend showed that I had Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off. On the previous Monday, I heard clearly to go and ask for Saturday off as well, of which they approved. A few days later when I was in the grocery store I clearly heard to spend twice as much as I would need which did not make sense to me. On Friday as I got off work the weatherman said that we were expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow Friday night in to Saturday. When I woke up on Saturday morning it had snowed 22 inches. So there I sat with enough provision(He is my provider) simply by obeying The Voice of The Lord. And here I sit today knowing I have to go out before the weekend(Christmas) as I will lose my water at that time. On these boards I have on occasion warned about the weather in this country. I have not warned because of global warming, I have warned because there is a reward for the fruit of our doings. So yes Angelina, what you describe is part of The Spirit filled life as The Lord is faithful.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we're prompted to do something and it makes us happy, it's probably from the hoy spirit, but if a prompt makes us unhappy it's probably from the devil.
Shakespeare's Macbeth is a good example how demonic promptings can lead people up the garden path, he fell for their satanic promptings hook line and sinker and made a complete fool of himself.
In this clip his friend tries to warn him not to listen to them-

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely know that the Holy Spirit directed me to get up. Funny how he also told my friend to go get some groceries and see if I wanted a ride as she went past my house. :stageright:
There are no coinkidinks :Broadly:<---- should be in the "Angie's large animated"

• Haha
Reactions: Angelina