Believers need to understand the Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
I did say that even in the secular world there are different types of love.
A mother's love.
A teacher's love for her students.
A wife's love for her husband.
An uncle's love for his nephews and nieces
etc.

Yes. I am not saying that all secular love turns to hedonism
I am saying that love apart from God turns to hedonism
It is not an exclusive statement

Reactions: GodsGrace

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You answer a two page post with questions?
You can t support Calvinism, can you?
Deep down you know it's WRONG.

See how this works A.
You wrote to me.
I replied to you.
Now YOU write to me.

After that, I'll be happy to answer any question.

You don't just change the topic because you have no answers because your
Theology is mixed up and wrong,,,,so.... there are no answers that make sense.

I don’t think that I had any significant questions for you. The question about self-cleaning pots was rhetorical. Pots do not clean themselves and neither do sinful human vessels.

Here is one question of a general nature ... can you not see your own posts in quotes when I respond to them? I only ask because you posted a verse, I quoted from your post of that verse in my response, and you replied to my comment with a demand to know what verse I was quoting from. Your demand left me confused since it appeared directly above my comment in the quote from your post.

So just tell me which post # of yours you feel has not been properly answered by me and I will try to be clearer. (Although your personal attacks are wearing thin, I do not believe that I have insulted you.)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sure we can.
If a BAC is involved in habitual sin, they obviously are being disobedient.

And what do you do when you see a brother struggling?

Do you lift a finger to ease his burden(s)?

Do you ask the Lord to bless him with mercy, love and healing?

Do you condemn him without knowing his heart?

What of ' my Grace is enough for you'?

And ' by the measure you measure'?

Peace be with you!

Reactions: aspen

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And what do you do when you see a brother struggling?
Do you lift a finger to ease his burden(s)?
Do you ask the Lord to bless him with mercy, love and healing?
Do you condemn him without knowing his heart?
What of ' my Grace is enough for you'?
And ' by the measure you measure'?
Peace be with you!
Aren't all I'm basically doing is quoting NT verses?

I'll let you in on a little secret ...
Everywhere I go, these NT verses are ignored or rejected.

Spirit-filled believers on the Internet ...
have been saying that the church is FAST ASLEEP.

ALL of the NT verses MUST be RECONCILED
so they ALL are understood, believed, and accepted
... with NONE being ignored or rejected.
Have a nice day!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't all I'm basically doing is quoting NT verses?

I'll let you in on a little secret ...
Everywhere I go, these NT verses are ignored or rejected.

Spirit-filled believers on the Internet ...
have been saying that the church is FAST ASLEEP.

ALL of the NT verses MUST be RECONCILED
so they ALL are understood, believed, and accepted
... with NONE being ignored or rejected.
Have a nice day!

Is that because the Bible was crucified on the cross for your sins?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
:rolleyes: Just as I suspect. Run along little boy, the GROWNUPS are talking.
you dont think that Question has any bearing on the topic at hand, i take it
and your suspicions remain opaque to me here, sorry

look if you want to appease an Angry Vengeful god that is all good with me bro, get out there and be the winner ok. Little boy is a compliment as far as i am concerned, i dont ask little kids their opinion on what should be done for a joke

but "just as I suspect" is really not much of an advancement on the conversation? You cant specify what you suspect? I thank God for ppl who dont agree with me, ok, out with it

Reactions: atpollard

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry! I mis-wrote . . .

What I meant was . . .

That would be a righteousness based on our own works, would it not?

I am only righteous in Christ's righteousness. What righteousness I do is Christ in me. If it is just what I'm doing, well, we know what the Bible uses to describe my own "works of righteousness". Blech!

I stay righteous because Jesus gave to me His righteousness. He became sin, who know no sin, that we might become . . . the righteousness of God . . . in Him.

Much love!

Practicing suggests imitation. If we are engaged in our own righteousness we are working. If we are imitating or practicing God’s righteousness we are participating in our sanctification.

Claiming that Jesus gives us His righteousness is not accurate - we are not automatically righteousness/perfect after we are justified, instead we are now enrolled as students in the school of loving perfectly, so to speak

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Actually, I think commitment to love without Christ turns to hedonism
i am not comfortable with the codependent aspect believers incorporate their definition of "love" with, but the concept is so hard to even realize a definition of i dont blame ppl who are surely coda themselves for not persuing a valid def, let alone seeing it in themselves, i mean that is the nature of the beast. It is the only modus operendi a coda understands, and a little attempt at conversation on the matter just doesnt work. Codependency is why we all hold our beliefs as Absolute Truths, imo, and it is openly acknowledged that the state seeks to manufacture codependents.

So of course anyone will agree with your words there, and certainly even most believers who could not even say what they went out into the wilderness to see--for the same reason--were surely sincere when they went through the rituals, might say they were committed to Jesus first at least, does that work? :)

A Nehushtan worshipper is just going to have a...problematic definition of Love, imo, intrinsic with the "please forgive me" vibe even, not sure i could make the causal chain tho. "Please forgive me" just is not "i did _______ and i was wrong," or "i am _________ sometimes and that is not right."

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not comfortable with the codependent aspect believers incorporate their definition of "love" with, but the concept is so hard to even realize a definition of i dont blame ppl who are surely coda themselves for not persuing a valid def, let alone seeing it in themselves, i mean that is the nature of the beast. It is the only modus operendi a coda understands, and a little attempt at conversation on the matter just doesnt work. Codependency is why we all hold our beliefs as Absolute Truths, imo, and it is openly acknowledged that the state seeks to manufacture codependents.

So of course anyone will agree with your words there, and certainly even most believers who could not even say what they went out into the wilderness to see--for the same reason--were surely sincere when they went through the rituals, might say they were committed to Jesus first at least, does that work? :)

A Nehushtan worshipper is just going to have a...problematic definition of Love, imo, intrinsic with the "please forgive me" vibe even, not sure i could make the causal chain tho

Ok so I happen to know what CODA is so I think I understand what you are trying to say.

All I can say is, yeah the gospel can and is misunderstood all the time. Of course we are codependent and narcissistic and schizoid, we are Fallen. But, hiding in doctrine, whether it is reductionistic exegesis or elaborate, grandiose hermeneutics over verses like “Jesus wept”, instead of just laying out the gospel, for fear that people may distort the concept of love is not the answer. We are called to love like Christ loves and to trust that he will finish a good work within us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and as long as you dont address the subject and deflect away from it and onto me, youre fine right
just assume "everybody" and youre good to go huh

that i have already plainly confessed that Christ died for my sins, piss on that right
But if I'm not forgiven through that, you're not forgiven through it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok so I happen to know what CODA is so I think I understand what you are trying to say.

All I can say is, yeah the gospel can and is misunderstood all the time. Of course we are codependent and narcissistic and schizoid, we are Fallen. But, hiding in doctrine, whether it is reductionistic exegesis or elaborate, grandiose hermeneutics over verses like “Jesus wept”, instead of just laying out the gospel, for fear that people may distort the concept of love is not the answer. We are called to love like Christ loves and to trust that he will finish a good work within us.
sounds really good, yeh

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who told you that you were naked?
That is not starting a topic and calling me out on something you want to discuss.
I suspect that you have nothing to say, so you just troll for reactions with insults.
This conversation will not take long if you are serious that is your question.

Q. Who told me that I was naked?

A. No one has told me that I am naked.

See, end of discussion.

Now if you are making a reference to Genesis 3:11, then you have utterly failed to communicate the question that you intended to ask and I have no intention of trying to guess what you might have been thinking.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is not starting a topic and calling me out on something you want to discuss.
I suspect that you have nothing to say, so you just troll for reactions with insults.
This conversation will not take long if you are serious that is your question.

Q. Who told me that I was naked?

A. No one has told me that I am naked.

See, end of discussion.

Now if you are making a reference to Genesis 3:11, then you have utterly failed to communicate the question that you intended to ask and I have no intention of trying to guess what you might have been thinking.
ah well the subject at the time was God's selective forgiveness, basically, but you might phrase it differently. Who told you that you were naked? would be an accurate portrayal of Gods approach to a sinner, as opposed to the other thing that was being replied to. A. No one told me that I am naked is just obtuse, sorry

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009,

Everyone here already knows from your statements that you don't believe the gospel.

I feel sorry for you that you keep digging for yourself a bigger hole that you will not be able to crawl out of on your day of judgment.
You should not be comprehensive and absolute in your statements. You say "everyone" knows, but you are wrong in that already for I know no such thing about our friend, @bbyrd009 . At times he may be difficult to understand, but really Jesus was very often hard to understand and many people did not and still do not understand him.

If by "gospel" we mean "good news" @bbyrd009 certainly does believe it... but his understanding of what it is, is quite different from the understanding of a lot of others here. For some that is considered perhaps blasphemy, but that is a harsher judgment than should be made, I believe, by anyone but the man himself or God.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well the subject at the time was God's selective forgiveness, basically, but you might phrase it differently. Who told you that you were naked? would be an accurate portrayal of Gods approach to a sinner, as opposed to the other thing that was being replied to. A. No one told me that I am naked is just obtuse, sorry
I cannot help but be “obtuse” when you deliberately obfuscate your question.
Thus whatever your true intent, it inevitably feels like “trolling”.

I ask direct questions and I give direct answers.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should not be comprehensive and absolute in your statements. You say "everyone" knows, but you are wrong in that already for I know no such thing about our friend, @bbyrd009 . At times he may be difficult to understand, but really Jesus was very often hard to understand and many people did not and still do not understand him.

If by "gospel" we mean "good news" @bbyrd009 certainly does believe it... but his understanding of what it is, is quite different from the understanding of a lot of others here. For some that is considered perhaps blasphemy, but that is a harsher judgment than should be made, I believe, by anyone but the man himself or God.
From my understanding of his statements he does not believe the gospel.

And that is all I'm going to say about it. He simply comes across to me as an unbeliever who is attempting to dissuade other people from believing in Jesus also.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I cannot help but be “obtuse” when you deliberately obfuscate your question.
This whatever your true intent, it inevitably feels like “trolling”.

I ask direct questions and I give direct answers.
well my apologies, didnt meant to obfuscate, ive always been poor at including the logic chain that gets me to the conclusion evident in things like "who told you that you were naked" or whatever, mostly bc i didnt proceed down one? it just kind of presents itself as an obvious spiritual analogue? So i feel like its just better to Quote it and if you get it fine if not fine.

The pace here is a lot quicker than i am used to in forums, too, more than about one interaction a day on a post that might have many concepts that require thoughtful consideration is kind of more what i'm used to now i guess. mostly rabbis and priests i think, maybe ex to both?

direct answers, ha, good one
forgot already huh
m pollard i have posted with like 150 ppl today, ok
and i still recall how our last attempt at a convo ended