Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's grace, your faith, God's gift, etc. etc.
But, only certain people get this gift, right? The question is: who?
Its every ones gift, God is no respector of person, what do you think, that God is like a man that He has his favorite children?? No He just knows who will and who wont.

Joh_6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

most christians would say that Judas went to hell, but than they have no idea about Gods mercy. Someone had to betray Jesus, and God knew He would, He served a purpose in Gods plan for our salvation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the fear of the LORD means that we shall not depart from Him...
There is no fear in faith, if we are taking about "being afraid", how does one love one who we fear. My father is not an abuser if He was I could never serve nor Love Him, God does not instill fear.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again we can only hope that we have received the true Lord when we got saved by Him. I tend to believe that those who are truly born again are not the religious type. Yes we go to church regularly and we read our Bibles; but I think that we tend to be more down to earth and rather than being sticklers for the law, we tend to seek to exemplify the fruit of the Spirit.
Bu there fruit, yes, yet there are many who are His who would never step foot in a church, they cannot and will not belong to any mans denominations, they are His.

Remember Moses, 40 years he spent in the desert before he was ready to do Gods will, still tried to find a reason to not, " I cannot speak" God found someone to speak for Him, than came the fruit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Repentance, to me, would mean that thereafter there would be a willingness to do anything that the Lord desired of them.
Well remember the prodigal son?? Father ran to Him put on a big party, never demanded anything of Him, was just happy to have His lost son back, but the other brother was unhappy because he Worked his ass off.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no fear in faith, if we are taking about "being afraid", how does one love one who we fear. My father is not an abuser if He was I could never serve nor Love Him, God does not instill fear.
First, I would point out that Romans 11:20-22 might show you that faith is not the opposite of fear (of the LORD).

1 Peter 1:17 also gives us a New Testament basis for fearing the Lord.

In the OT, Job 28:28 says, "And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom: and to depart from evil is understanding." There are many verses in Proverbs that speak of this also.

So, if perfect love casting out fear includes the fear of the LORD, then perfect love casts out wisdom. I don't see that as being a reality, sorry.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, I would point out that Romans 11:20-22 might show you that faith is not the opposite of fear (of the LORD).

1 Peter 1:17 also gives us a New Testament basis for fearing the Lord.

In the OT, Job 28:28 says, "And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom: and to depart from evil is understanding." There are many verses in Proverbs that speak of this also.

So, if perfect love casting out fear includes the fear of the LORD, then perfect love casts out wisdom. I don't see that as being a reality, sorry.
So you are afraid of God, is that what you are saying?? Be afraid of God or else... I guess He is not a loving God after all..

1Jn_4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

And God is what?????

LOVE.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had a father who was a disciplinarian, I'm certain that you feared his chastening even though you were fully aware of his love, and knew that his chastening would never be to your ultimate detriment; that the only reason for his chastening is so that you will not have to experience something far worse than His chastening somewhere down the line when you are out on your own.

The Father chastens His children in order to impart wisdom, as I have said. He wants us to grow up, to mature. Also, see Hebrews 12:5-11.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you had a father who was a disciplinarian, I'm certain that you feared his chastening even though you were fully aware of his love, and knew that his chastening would never be to your ultimate detriment; that the only reason for his chastening is so that you will not have to experience something far worse than His chastening somewhere down the line when you are out on your own.
Well you see, God doesnt beat up His children which is what you are implying, if you where on of His than you would know that, God teaches, on the Job, He uses our lives to demonstrate and to teach us about His nature, there is no other way to Know Him. You can read the bible all you like and still never know Him as people do.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Helen, if a person really believes something like OSAS and lives accordingly, God may well honor that because of the sincerity of the person's heart toward God. I cannot myself believe in it and therefore I must follow what is in my heart or God will spit me out for trying ride down the middle of the road. God is looking at our hearts, not at what someone else believes our heart should be.

For the life of me I can't see how on earth you can find anything to do with OSAS in my post #345 !!! :eek:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you see, God doesnt beat up His children which is what you are implying, if you where on of His than you would know that, God teaches, on the Job, He uses our lives to demonstrate and to teach us about His nature, there is no other way to Know Him. You can read the bible all you like and still never know Him as people do.
Well, I know that I know that I know Him: and I know Him primarily through His love letter to me; wherein He tells me that He chastens those whom He loves (Hebrews 12:5-11).

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... the gifts and the calling of God are without repentance (irrevocable).
Salvation is a gift (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23).
This is a tough one, and I'll think about it.

The gifts of God are without repentance (irrevocable) --- ???
I've always thought that spiritual gifts are without repentance (irrevocable).
There has been a question as to what the gift actually is in Ephesians 2:8-9.
E.G. If it is God's grace ... this can be rejected, fallen from, etc.

The calling of God is without repentance (irrevocable) --- True
Those who should become BACs ...
were "chosen and called" before the foundation of the world.
This choice of God is without repentance (irrevocable).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a tough one, and I'll think about it.

The gifts of God are without repentance (irrevocable) --- ???
I've always thought that spiritual gifts are without repentance (irrevocable).
There has been a question as to what the gift actually is in Ephesians 2:8-9.

The calling of God is without repentance (irrevocable) --- True
Those who should become BACs ...
were "chosen and called" before the foundation of the world.
This choice of God is without repentance (irrevocable).
Right...salvation is a gift (Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9).

And the gifts and the calling of God are without repentance (irrevocable)...Romans 11:29.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I know that I know that I know Him: and I know Him primarily through His love letter to me; wherein He tells me that He chastens those whom He loves (Hebrews 12:5-11).
A love letetr hey,
\
"Im going to beat the crap out of you if you dont behave", Love that is not love.

As David put it

Psa 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Shepherds dont beat up their sheep they gently steer them with there rods when they loose the path, and when the yget lost,

Mat_18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat_18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

As it is written,

Pro_7:15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

and

Psa_24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

and as JEsus put it,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

You have your bible and your religions so you wont go to the one who is the truth and,

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

but so few will answer teh door and let Him in.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A love letetr hey,
\
"Im going to beat the crap out of you if you dont behave", Love that is not love.

As David put it

Psa 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Shepherds dont beat up their sheep they gently steer them with there rods when they loose the path, and when the yget lost,

Mat_18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat_18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

As it is written,

Pro_7:15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

and

Psa_24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

and as JEsus put it,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

You have your bible and your religions so you wont go to the one who is the truth and,

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

but so few will answer teh door and let Him in.
Evidently you don't understand the love of a Father when He disciplines His children....and you have ignored the scriptures that I have referenced and I think that you are attempting to pit your own scriptures against them...instead you should be taking them to heart and applying them to your existing theology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, be very careful about letting your tongue rise up in judgment against a servant of the LORD...see Isaiah 54:17...for I believe that I am obligated to my heritage...but I will let it slide this time.

Reactions: Pisteuo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evidently you don't understand the love of a Father when He disciplines His children....and you have ignored the scriptures that I have referenced and I think are attempting to pit your own scriptures against them...instead you should be taking them to heart and applying them to your existing theology.
Oh I certainly do, and I dont have any theology, I am not a learned man, God isnt going to ask me if I know the bible, just that I know His son.

And we wonder why so many are going to other strange religions, its because "christianity " as a religion is no better.

Oh I know what teh "bible says", I also know who God is. You should take it up with Him someday, you may change your mind.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also, be very careful about letting your tongue rise up in judgment against a servant of the LORD...see Isaiah 54:17...for I believe that I am obligated to my heritage...but I will let it slide this time.
Hmm yes one should take note.

His servants do not hold any grudges as you so put it, it is not what Love does.