Believers stay righteous through their obedience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so then "knowing" that God has forgiven you = you will automatically become less self-centered and ego-driven? Wadr this snippet of yours that i am currently replying to makes what you say a lie all by itself imo, even though i realize that you are not meaning to be lying or anything. See bc i have a point to make here, that you have now superseded with what you believe is an over-arching point, right, that being "anyone and everyone who knows that they are forgiven would only naturally love God back."

which is complete horse-puckey of course, hopefully someone else has already DQed the arg so i don't have to, and not denying that there is a "we" that loves Him bc He first loved us, ok, but you are now denying another Scriptural principle, and testifying of yourself, imo. So lemme marinate on this and i'll get back to you, meanwhile lemme say that i am more likely to try and take advantage of any forgiveness sent my way, and when i hear "anyone who knows they are forgiven of so much would of course automatically love back" my BS meter pegs.

Oh duh, there is no confession in there anywhere, see, idc how much i am forgiven of stuff that i don't feel was a sin iow
hilarious, ty. no offense but this is what tares look like

"No offense, but you look like a hypocrite to me". tare = nongenuine Christian.

Of course there is that indication in scripture that someone could be a recipient of the grace of God and yet it would have no positive effect on their behaviour. Isaiah 26:10.

But I am saying that as a general rule, Luke 7:36-50 teaches us that if we are forgiven much, we will love much.

Before you go contradicting that statement, look up the scriptural basis for it that is given to you (Luke 7:36-50, 1 John 4:19, Romans 5:5).

Even Jesus testified of Himself, and the Pharisees tried to even say, Aha, to that, but He had an answer. If I am testifying of myself, I think that I am testifying to a scriptural principle that has become true in my own testimony, more. So the purpose is not to bring glory to myself but to declare to you a scriptural principle.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But I am saying that as a general rule, Luke 7:36-50 teaches us that if we are forgiven much, we will love much.
you have chosen a v that suggests you might automatically become the woman there, but i can post many vv that suggest otherwise, see, so what have you really done except make a self-justification?
Before you go contradicting that statement, look up the scriptural basis for it that is given to you (Luke 7:36-50, 1 John 4:19, Romans 5:5).
no, i don't even have to, all i have to do is start digging up the contrasting vv, see, the ones we are not considering in this context
yet

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I pick up my cross and follow Him because He has apprehended me and placed His love in my heart...which means that forevermore I will put myself last...which is what it means to me that I should pick up my cross daily and follow Him.

I like that. That is what I was trying to say to @bbyrd009 and the @amadeus but I am not good at wording what I am 'trying' to say.
We are told that- "for the joy that was before Him, he endured the cross.." The cross is something we choose to carry, at His invitation.

I see this as an 'after salvation' invite, not in order to be 'be saved' or to 'get saved'....but because of the love He has placed in our heart, as you said.

As I see it...God has always had His intimate, personal, inner circle of friends. Moses and Aaron , Joshua and Caleb, David. He spoke of "Abraham my friend " and spoke to "Moses face to face as to a friend"

Jesus chose to take just Peter, James and John up the mountain with Him. I believe this was what Paul encouraged us all to do...Paul did use the phrase "pick up your cross" his phrase was run the race, never give up, never look back...run to win ...run for the prize of the high calling in Christ.
What high calling? Paul ran his race to win The Prize of the inner circle, intimate friendship, that Jesus calls us to = "forget all else, pick up that cross of 100% commitment , lay down 'your' life, take up my Life, and follow Me as close as you can. "

That to me is this call of picking up the cross.

Thank you for your post.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I like that. That is what I was trying to say to @bbyrd009 and the @amadeus but I am not good at wording what I am 'trying' to say.
We are told that- "for the joy that was before Him, he endured the cross.." The cross is something we choose to carry, at His invitation.
Hitler feels ezackly the same way though, k, and has as much justification for doing so i guess
I'm doing God's will myself, see? Anyone can do that ok, cannibals can even do that lol
saying you are carrying a cross is easy-peasy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, doing it is what separates the wheat from the tares in the final end. See James 1:22.

Faith without works is dead: this is what the the meat of the word of the Lord might tell you. Before you are big enough to eat meat, however, you need to grow healthy through the drinking of the sincere milk of the word (1 Peter 2:2-3, Psalms 1:2-3), which is given to us in the venue of Colossians 4:6...in the form of the doctrines of grace and the Lord's unconditional love towards unbelieving sinners (Romans 5:8)...who can be saved if they will only respond to the message and believe the testimony that Christ brings to their hearts and minds.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why don't you post them so that we can expose them to the light of scrutiny.
bc then i would be perceived to be choosing a side, when i have already acknowledged that there are actually women who wash Jesus' feet with their hair, ok, only i do not include myself in with her arbitrarily, as y'all are doing. Also i am not here to try and convince anyone of anything, and the truth has never swayed anyone with a false belief before i guess, especially once they become Absolute Truth to them as i am already witnessing an overload of here; why don't you do that iow...and that's enough for now i guess

The parable of the Servant Who did not Forgive is pretty fam to everyone i guess, Esau is an illustration of most believers imo, Seven Worse Spirits and Twice the Sons of Hell that we are even told will vastly outnumber true seekers can be reffed, etc

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since most Christians base our opinions on what the scripture teaches, if you bring up scripture that proves us wrong we will be sure to consider it as we continue to formulate our opinion based on scripture.

Of course, if you are only saying that you have scripture to back up your pov but do not really have any scripture to that effect, then that to me seems to be the primary reason why you would not bring (that) scripture to the forefront...because you are saying that scripture backs up your pov but really you do not have any scripture to that effect.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Since most Christians base our opinions on what the scripture teaches, if you bring up scripture that proves us wrong we will be sure to consider it as we continue to formulate our opinion based on scripture.

Of course, if you are only saying that you have scripture to back up your pov but do not really have any scripture to that effect, then that to me seems to be the primary reason why you would not bring (that) scripture to the forefront...because you are saying that scripture backs up your pov but really you do not have any scripture to that effect.
Believers stay righteous through their obedience

i was still editing there i guess

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parable of the Servant Who did not Forgive is pretty fam to everyone i guess, Esau is an illustration of most believers imo, Seven Worse Spirits and Twice the Sons of Hell
The servant who did not forgive is an example of what I spoke of about Isaiah 26:10, it is an exception to the rule of Luke 7:36-50. I don't think that Esau represents believers; he is really representative of the non-elect in scripture (see Romans 9:10-13). And of course the latter thing you mention refers to religious people who produce more religious people neither of which are regenerated and renewed in the Holy Ghost.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how could it be, when i referenced several passages of Scripture?
I guess because, as you said, you must have still been editing those passages into your post. I did not see the references to those passages at first; I answered them in the next post as soon as I saw them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hitler feels ezackly the same way though, k, and has as much justification for doing so i guess
I'm doing God's will myself, see? Anyone can do that ok, cannibals can even do that lol
Of course carrying our cross would be easy if we surrender or have surrendered completely to the Lord. Few people so this, so easy it is not.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course carrying our cross would be easy if we surrender or have surrendered completely to the Lord. Few people so this, so easy it is not.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Because we have the Holy Spirit as a Comforter in the midst of trial and tribulation. Without His ministry and presence, I don't think that I would have been able to make it...

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
45...For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.
The servant who did not forgive is an example of what I spoke of about Isaiah 26:10, it is an exception to the rule of Luke 7:36-50.
that is your belief, but Christ plainly says otherwise @ Twice the Sons of Hell, etc
I don't think that Esau represents believers; he is really representative of the non-elect in scripture.
well, i used to deny my connection with Esau too, denying his birthright, so i understand, and let's just disregard Esau for now in that case, and the fact that Jacob (Supplanter) comes back to Esau bearing gifts, etc
And of course the latter thing you mention refers to religious people who produce more religious people neither of which are regenerated and renewed in the Holy Ghost.
which is of course anyone but us, right, how could this possibly describe any of us, Doing God's Will?
download.jpg

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see this as an 'after salvation' invite, not in order to be 'be saved' or to 'get saved'....but because of the love He has placed in our heart, as you said.

As I see it...God has always had His intimate, personal, inner circle of friends. Moses and Aaron , Joshua and Caleb, David. He spoke of "Abraham my friend " and spoke to "Moses face to face as to a friend"

Jesus chose to take just Peter, James and John up the mountain with Him. I believe this was what Paul encouraged us all to do...Paul did use the phrase "pick up your cross" his phrase was run the race, never give up, never look back...run to win ...run for the prize of the high calling in Christ.
What high calling? Paul ran his race to win The Prize of the inner circle, intimate friendship, that Jesus calls us to = "forget all else, pick up that cross of 100% commitment , lay down 'your' life, take up my Life, and follow Me as close as you can. "

That to me is this call of picking up the cross.

Thank you for your post.
Helen, if a person really believes something like OSAS and lives accordingly, God may well honor that because of the sincerity of the person's heart toward God. I cannot myself believe in it and therefore I must follow what is in my heart or God will spit me out for trying ride down the middle of the road. God is looking at our hearts, not at what someone else believes our heart should be.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

IF is a pretty big word though i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we have the Holy Spirit as a Comforter in the midst of trial and tribulation. Without His ministry and presence, I don't think that I would have been able to make it...
I agree that the Holy Spirit makes the difference, but too many people do not understand or are unwilling to admit [as I see it] that it remain possible to quench the Holy Spirit in us. That is the will of man that remains and which we can choose to follow instead of following God. God has made it possible for us to do it right, but the choice to surrender to Him remains always ours until we have finished our course.