Beware of AI engaging you in the forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram. Its happening in the forums..
Can you point out a specific instance? Thanks.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram. Its happening in the forums..
Care should be exercised in engaging with the godless religious, agnostics, false messengers, spiritually deceived, manipulators, ect. & of those who dispute the plain speech of the word !

Caution should also be used when engaging with any poster !

Read posts thoroughly and more than one by the poster. Ppl reveal themselves in writing what they think & believe. Discernment comes through the Spirit.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a link to the description thats as specific as you can get unless they admit it outright...
I have a PhD in AI.

I meant a specific link to an actual case of an AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a PhD in AI.

I meant a specific link to an actual case of an AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram.
Well, you cant post such a thing till you have 'proof beyond a reasonable doubt', or you could find yourself in a bit of a jamb....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care should be exercised in engaging with the godless religious, agnostics, false messengers, spiritually deceived, manipulators, ect. & of those who dispute the plain speech of the word !

Caution should also be used when engaging with any poster !

Read posts thoroughly and more than one by the poster. Ppl reveal themselves in writing what they think & believe. Discernment comes through the Spirit.
Amen!! What L.A.M.B. said!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes a lot of sense. Whether or not a 'the poster I'm thinking of' is AI or not, the behavior is the same. The person is aware of many quotes of Scritpure, but consistently removes from context, mistranslates, a gazillion of those manipulative practices. So whether it is a computer or a human, it's dishonest and anti-christ. But when it's a computer, it can get better at mastering the arguments.

Best to avoid those who don't seem right.

I never imagined this, but of course it was just a matter of time. Antichrist machines sent to mess with the Christians. Thanks for posting this!

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes a lot of sense. Whether or not a 'the poster I'm thinking of' is AI or not, the behavior is the same. The person is aware of many quotes of Scritpure, but consistently removes from context, mistranslates, a gazillion of those manipulative practices. So whether it is a computer or a human, it's dishonest and anti-christ. But when it's a computer, it can get better at mastering the arguments.

Best to avoid those who don't seem right.

I never imagined this, but of course it was just a matter of time. Antichrist machines sent to mess with the Christians. Thanks for posting this!

Much love!
It is sad to say that yes, they get better at correcting error through the study of us and the truth we post.
There have been a few I have questioned. There is zero life in their statements.....it is flat!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sad to say that yes, they get better at correcting error through the study of us and the truth we post.
There have been a few I have questioned. There is zero life in their statements.....it is flat!
My mind is going the very same way!

This puts a more serious spin on "Don't feed the trolls". The more we dispute with them, the better they get.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mind is going the very same way!

This puts a more serious spin on "Don't feed the trolls". The more we dispute with them, the better they get.

Much love!
I do believe that is so.

There is one here, I put on ignore. He has no emotional attachment to anything he posts. Eggs at ppl to disputations, but not arguing, uses coddling or great interest cloaked in friendship by manipulation tactics in his multiple post that can be considered controversial. I feel an awkward nervous sensation in my gut when I see his post.

I say ............BEWARE!

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can report the post and say you suspect the author of being an AI. This doesn't require proof, the mods will judge for ourselves.
How are you going to report someone for asking you to go to facebook, or instagram, etc.., the mods will see nothing. It is the language that gives it away and how it communicates. If you look at its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and constantly repeats how it wants to be your friend, and in all cases it asks you to come to a "sermon", at a nightly meeting and then tries to add you on facebook with a "link". That pattern and the sentence structure and grammar is where you can see it does not fit a real person..

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
How are you going to report someone for asking you to go to facebook, or instagram, etc.., the mods will see nothing. It is the language that gives it away and how it communicates. If you look at its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and constantly repeats how it wants to be your friend, and in all cases it asks you to come to a "sermon", at a nightly meeting and then tries to add you on facebook with a "link". That pattern and the sentence structure and grammar is where you can see it does not fit a real person..
Consider it could be a false teacher who doesn't read/write English and doesn't care to translate what others write. But they use a translator on their own pre-written sermons. And it results in broken English.

Reactions: dev553344

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider it could be a false teacher who doesn't read/write English and doesn't care to translate what others write. But they use a translator on their own pre-written sermons. And it results in broken English.
Thats what I thought, but it said it was from NYC and was married, and had a child, etc.. but would use a small "i" instead of an "I" and say things like "bro" to begin a sentence and give exact times and length of the meetings, "starting at 8PM EST EVERY EVENING, lasting for 1.5 hours" with Caps inserted. It certainly was not a "translator", and many here were fooled by it when I checked its conversations....