Beware Of Increasing Debt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not too sure I want to chase dreams, pictures I can cope with

We refer to them as "flash images," though I'm sure others refer to them by different names. Let the Lord use you as He wills. You do not have to necessarily be able to interpret the dreams He gives. He prefers it when members of His body operate together in bringing forth the message; one gives a tongue, the other gives an interpretation of tongues; one gives a prophecy, and the other receives revelation concerning that prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:26-31). The purpose is so that we value one another, as each playing a role in the utterance of the Spirit of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind, the public schools are government-run institutions regulated by federal, state and local law, which means they could rightly be applied as "government" here, and the entire public education system in the United States has been shut down for months.
Actually moved to online for the most part.

But come on . . . the government isn't shutting down. There is no indication of that.

And yes, apparently there were 2 staffers from the White House who tested positive. According to Google that's out of 377. Let's pray for them!

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Well, I strongly doubt the government would ever come to a complete halt. If that ever happened, there would be lawlessness and anarchy in the streets. But it's a question of to what extent "bars, church and government will shut down" is to be taken literally, and to what it refers to specifically. The churches as a whole never shut down completely either, though many did close their doors for a time.
Why wouldn't we accept it at face value? For what it says? This doesn't say permanently, but it does say shut down.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the 20 years or so I've been looking, yes. Very common. And often at variance with each other.

Total mess, LoL. Reminds me a bit of the spirit of divination inside the woman at Philippi, who kept "honoring" the servants of God with her lips (Acts 16:16-18). But it was not the Spirit of God speaking. Such voices will likewise be silenced on occasion, but expect it to continue and greatly increase until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power (Matthew 24:11-12).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s important to remember that our prime minister was really seriously ill with this virus.......he couldn’t work, but the government continued running ......there are always back up plans .....so surely your country would have the same ........It would be amazing if the government came to a halt in the USA
So then if it doesn't, does that mean we can all accept that this wasn't a valid prophecy?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it was not the Spirit of God speaking. Such voices will likewise be silenced on occasion, but expect it to continue and greatly increase until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power
This is exactly what I expect.

R

Rita

We refer to them as "flash images," though I'm sure others refer to them by different names. Let the Lord use you as He wills. You do not have to necessarily be able to interpret the dreams He gives. He prefers it when members of His body operate together in bringing forth the message; one gives a tongue, the other gives an interpretation of tongues; one gives a prophecy, and the other receives revelation concerning that prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:26-31). The purpose is so that we value one another, as each playing a role in the utterance of the Spirit of God.
If they are flash images, then they are no different to the pictures I receive at times.....HIH, I have been a Christian for 45 years, and have always been open to what the Lord wants to use ..........as I have just said, I probably have already been experiencing dreams , but interpret them as pictures because they come during the day, not at night ( accept for the one in November last year ) I am open with all the gifts, but I am not sure I desire all of them as much as others at the moment......that will undoubtedly change x
With regards to the pictures, I have always received interpretations myself .............
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps sometime we might have a discussion in how the gifts of the Spirit work. We seem to have different ideas about that too!

:)

Likely, LoL. But such discussions often get dominated by people who have no actual experience in the matter (or have ever even attempted to do so). I have no problem with people quoting scriptures on the subject, but I have problems with them automatically assuming that anyone who disagrees with their position should be dismissed out of hand. Disturbs me. It is an important gift, and those who actually have some experience in it shouldn't be automatically disregarded on some supposed "scriptural" basis.

Not you, mind you. I just mean people. Most Cessationists on the forums are extremely closed-minded and quick to condemn anyone who even hints about operating in the gift. They are either "lying," or being "prideful," or being "used by demons" as false teachers. These ready dismissals invariably come hard and fast, with no consideration whatsoever to what is actually being said.

Reactions: marks
R

Rita

I think that God is able to speak to us, and if we're not getting a clear communication, maybe it's not from God.

Much love!
When I added ‘ but who knows ‘ I was referring to me chasing the gift of dreams ....I wasn’t doubting that conviction about hearing from God x ( I re read my post and it came across in the wrong way x

Reactions: Helen and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likely, LoL. But such discussions often get dominated by people who have no actual experience in the matter (or have ever even attempted to do so). I have no problem with people quoting scriptures on the subject, but I have problems with them automatically assuming that anyone who disagrees with their position should be dismissed out of hand. Disturbs me. It is an important gift, and those who actually have some experience in it shouldn't be automatically disregarded on some supposed "scriptural" basis.

Not you, mind you. I just mean people. Most Cessationists on the forums are extremely closed-minded and quick to condemn anyone who even hints about operating in the gift. They are either "lying," or being "prideful," or being "used by demons" as false teachers. These ready dismissals invariably come hard and fast, with no consideration whatsoever to what is actually being said.

People often have very strongly held views on both sides. I don't think there is much we should dismiss out of hand, just that we should have a Scriptural position on matters.

Much love!

R

Rita

So then if it doesn't, does that mean we can all accept that this wasn't a valid prophecy?
I have no idea, I have tended to keep an open mind on some of the prophesy that is coming out of the woodwork from the past......it’s a bit like revelations and all the speculation over what will happen , when and how .......there is just so much that it whizzes round your head and gives you a headache !!
Rita

Reactions: Helen and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea, I have tended to keep an open mind on some of the prophesy that is coming out of the woodwork from the past......it’s a bit like revelations and all the speculation over what will happen , when and how .......there is just so much that it whizzes round your head and gives you a headache !!
Rita
It's enough for me to wait and see.

:)

Much love!

Reactions: Rita

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we consider two of Jesus' prophetic parables, He clearly indicates to us that Satan will, while he is away, supposedly to get a kingdom for himself, use monetary means to oppress people so that they will have no time to consider the spiritual things of God during the time that Satan is not able to directly influence the people while he is physically absent for 1,000 years. Interestingly, in both of these parable, Jesus indicates that the "country" that he goes to is actually the Bottomless Pit/the abyss.

However, Satan's influence has caused many "christians" to turn their understanding of these two parables on its head such that we no longer see that they are actually speaking of Satan at all but of Christ instead.

Shalom

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s important to remember that our prime minister was really seriously ill with this virus.......he couldn’t work, but the government continued running ......there are always back up plans .....so surely your country would have the same ........It would be amazing if the government came to a halt in the USA

No, our govt. would not ever come to a halt--not unless God took away the country itself. BTW, my wife and I both prayed for the Prime Minister--my wife is English. We turned on the TV, and saw other people praying for him!

When I was over there I didn't like the apparent anti-American sentiment among some of the English people. It seems like a lot of misplaced jealousy. Frankly, I don't know who is worse, in terms of backsliding--England or the US? Nevertheless, I'm praying for both.

I'm still searching for a verdict on Wilkerson. I've posted the question on 3 websites, and didn't get a single hit on all 3! I guess nobody really knows?

Reactions: Helen