Beware Of Increasing Debt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These kinds of videos are "sucker ads." I've been suckered by them a few times, robbing me of lots of valuable time. It's the same thing with non-news worthy articles that pretend to provide interesting facts.

What the article actually does it take you down the rabbit hole of a fraction of a fact at a time, terrorizing your reading with multiple pop ups and ads until your computer locks up.

It is an advertising trap, sucking you in with some interesting facts that is based on your known website visits and interests. It's all for the dollar value of advertising, or selling books, or even just to get you to subscribe to something. They could just be collecting your personal information, in some cases.

I appreciate your concern, but I doubt they will be marketing me much. As I said, I have never purchased such material nor will I ever, nor was it the motivation in posting the video, i.e. to advise anyone that they should do so. The intent was to draw attention to the content of what he was saying, something that unfortunately no one has yet commented on because all they can see is a supposed snake oil salesmen selling six books and a subscription to a newsletter at what appears to me to be a reasonable price, even should they be bombarded with adds over it.

With all due respect, Randy, if I wanted the material bad enough, I think I could survive it.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, Giulliano.

The stocks he is most likely referring to specifically were those associated with the Housing Market, which he states he warned Congress about back in 2008 three weeks in advance of Lehman Brothers going belly up; a warning they ignored.

Three of the worst-performing stocks in the S&P 500 in 2008 were American International Group Inc (NYSE: AIG), XL Group plc (NYSE: XL) and Genworth Financial Inc (NYSE: GNW), each of which declined between 88 and 97 percent in 2008. The common thread among these three names is easy to spot. They are all insurance companies that had major exposure to either the U.S. housing market or the housing derivatives market.
More generally speaking, they all had major exposure to the part of the market that triggered the recession to begin with: the housing market.
The Best And Worst Stocks Of The 2008 Crash: What We Learned

I looked up what happened to the shareholders in AIG and what they endured after 2008, and it wasn't good. The Government bailout allowed them to retain 20% value on their stocks, but that was it. A lawsuit to retain any more than that failed:

No shareholder damages
After concluding that AIG’s shareholders had proved that the Government was wrong, the court then reluctantly concluded that, according to legal precedent, the shareholders had not suffered any economic loss and were, therefore, not entitled to damages. The issue here was whether their damages were to be measured by what the government gained — $22.7 billion it received from ultimately selling the AIG stock – or by what the AIG shareholders lost – the value of their AIG stock, which would have been zero when, without the government loan, AIG would have gone into bankruptcy. According to the court, “common sense suggested” that the damages were the $22.7 billion the government had received “from selling the AIG common stock it illegally exacted from the shareholders for virtually nothing.” Legal precedent, however, focused on the AIG shareholders’ loss on the theory that, if the government has deprived a victim of something, compensation should be based on what the victim was actually deprived of. The court followed legal precedent, concluding that the AIG shareholders had suffered no loss from the government’s illegal extraction of almost 80% of AIG’s stock. As a practical matter, the shareholders were undoubtedly better off with 20% of a company avoiding bankruptcy than they would be with 100% of a company forced into bankruptcy.
Berenzweig Leonard » Posts » AIG Bailout – Government Was Wrong But Shareholders Get No Damages | Berenzweig Leonard LLP
I've no sympathy for AIG and its stockowners. WIthout the government bailout, AIG would have been worth $0. The only reason it got bailed out was if it failed, it would have damaged a lot of other other businesses.

Moral: Find out how a company makes its money before buying stock in it. Don't assume they will continue to make big bucks because they did it in the past. Sometimes risky behavior pays off with big rewards -- but sooner or later, it collapses.

R

Rita

Well I noticed, LoL.

If you want me to list them as you say, here are the early sources I quoted, in the following order: A prophecy by Rick Joyner, a prophecy by Selveraj, a video by Jack Chapple, and an article by economist Nouriel Roubini. I will post them again here:

Now, your response to this was as follows:

You are still echoing that last statement, which means your position hasn't changed (Btw, what's with all the dots? LoL).

But my response is this. Since I quoted the above sources to confirm and strengthen the position I presented in the OP, because Selveraj, Joyner, Chapple, Roubini, and Rackards all agree with what I am saying, if I lay behind the words and not God, are you not passing the same judgment upon them?

I will be posting on this thread through next year likely, because I will be following the issue. But if I post additional quotes from prophets who agree (or agreed) with the message, would you not be passing the same judgment on them, insinuating that they are likewise "false prophets"? If I post additional articles or videos from economists who foresee the same things that I do coming, will you not be passing judgment on them, that they are just greed-hungry, and trying to take advantage of people? They all stand in agreement with one another.
Oh I see you are not referring to me passing judgement on other members of the forum.
Oh sorry about the dots, it’s how I write sometimes. I know what it means, but forget that I am writing to others, bad habit !!
I stand by my comments about the economist- sorry just don’t like that kind of selling and promotion. He may very well have been agreeing with your view about the economy, but that wasn’t really what the video was doing, and as I said I wasn’t the only one who had a problem with it.
And the video about the white rider, I stand by what I said about that as well.
I wasn’t actually passing judgement on the OP, it was your evaluation that it was correct, as opposed to other prophecies that say the opposite. If you remember rightly ,I also had an issue with the fact that you only posted part of the prophecy, you cannot weigh anything up without having the full version - and I do think it is messing about with what is conveyed.
Now , it could be that you merely wanted a discussion about part of the prophecy, but I took it that you wanted to proclaim a message - hence why I questioned certain things. I did go on and read the whole thing and later we had a discussion about parts of it.
Judgement is a funny thing, we evaluate and make comments about many things in the forum- even when we agree with someone we are passing judgement. We are judging whether we agree or disagree.
I cannot say what conclusions I will reach about further posts.
Both you and I are free to post and free to add comments , and as a member here I exercise my rights to challenge if something bothers me. The only thing I would say is that sometimes flat text conveys one thing to the reader that is not actually the intention of the writer.
Prophecy, to me, needs to be shared, adding to it in order to prove its right bothers me a little - Gods words, if truly from him, should be able to stand alone. The person conveying the message is responsible for speaking or writing the words, that’s all.
If you have felt judged by my words, then I apologise. I do admit that I didn’t come across in a helpful way the other day. There were reasons for that, but I think I will leave the reasons why with the Lord.
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh sorry about the dots, it’s how I write sometimes. I know what it means, but forget that I am writing to others, bad habit !!

Just a little hard to read, LoL.
I stand by my comments about the economist- sorry just don’t like that kind of selling and promotion.

He's not that big of a deal anyway. Just found his credentials interesting. He's simply repeating what others I quoted were saying.

If I had it to do over again, I think I'd leave him out, LoL.
Judgement is a funny thing, we evaluate and make comments about many things in the forum- even when we agree with someone we are passing judgement. We are judging whether we agree or disagree.

Well yes, although when you get into prophecy, as you yourself said, we are now into more serious territory than simply exchanging opinions on some social issue. It becomes more a matter of debating what the Spirit is saying to the churches, which is a serious thing. I readily accept responsibility for what I am saying here and understand the gravity of it. But at the same time, I understand the gravity of NOT saying what I believe the Lord is telling me to share. So in the fear of God, I go out on a limb and post things I feel I should. But the seriousness of the issue is why I don't mind the warnings and the checks. I only ask to be heard. Believers must search their own hearts for what they believe to be true, and what is truly from God and what is not.
Prophecy, to me, needs to be shared, adding to it in order to prove its right bothers me a little - Gods words, if truly from him, should be able to stand alone. The person conveying the message is responsible for speaking or writing the words, that’s all.

Ooooo... here is where we would very strongly disagree unfortunately. I am a VERY strong proponent of citing evidential, scriptural and theological supports for everything I teach. This is just as true of my interpretations of scripture as it is of my interpretations of dreams and visions. If an interpretation does not have substantial support behind it, I won't post it. I feel a responsibility to the body of Christ not to throw things out there simply because I think I may have found something "clever." I am also quick to retract things publicly if I find out that I posted somewhere turned out to be in error.
If you have felt judged by my words, then I apologise. I do admit that I didn’t come across in a helpful way the other day. There were reasons for that, but I think I will leave the reasons why with the Lord.

Not a problem : ) And I understand. Thanks for the kind post.

I appreciate you as my sister in Christ, Rita.
God bless,
Hidden

R

Rita

[QUOTE="Hidden In Him, post: 747729, member: 7840”]

Ooooo... here is where we would very strongly disagree unfortunately. I am a VERY strong proponent of citing evidential, scriptural and theological supports for everything I teach. This is just as true of my interpretations of scripture as it is of my interpretations of dreams and visions. If an interpretation does not have substantial support behind it, I won't post it. I feel a responsibility to the body of Christ not to throw things out there simply because I think I may have found something "clever." I am also quick to retract things publicly if I find out that I posted somewhere turned out to be in error.
Hidden[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t talking about scripture as such, more with insights and prophecy about present and future events.( personal and collective ) If you had evidence then why would God need to impart insights , he conveys things that are not known by people - that’s the whole point of the Holy Spirit giving insights, they are things that ONLY God knows about - whether to bring clarity to a situation , guidance for the future, hope.
Of course there is the relevance of endeavouring to align past prophecies up with the currant situations, but those who proclaimed those messages didn’t back them up with evidence at the time, it is only now that they are being looked at within what is happening today, which is very much what we do with the prophecy of Revelation. This is why it so important that you know the voice of the Holy Spirit , and test what is being said to you, when you know and have peace that it is from God and that you follow His lead to share, you then exercise trust and faith.
It would make a good discussion - but then many on here don’t agree with the gifts, so it would no doubt cause issues !
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had evidence then why would God need to impart insights , he conveys things that are not known by people - that’s the whole point of the Holy Spirit giving insights, they are things that ONLY God knows about - whether to bring clarity to a situation, guidance for the future, hope.

I think you may be under the impression I start with "evidence" first and then work said evidence into the interpretation of a prophecy. But that's not how I operate actually. Quite the other way around. For instance, when I first look at a dream, I enter it with a completely blank slate and let the Spirit of God tell me what is being talked about. I even disregard what on the surface appears to be the subject matter, such as if a dream references the coronavirus or something specific like that. Such symbolism does not necessarily mean that is what it is actually being talked about. Often the Lord will use imagery as a veil, where the symbolism being used represents something else entirely on deeper analysis the context of the entire dream.

The evidence that I gather after the fact is just a further means of substantiation, similar to how scholars cite numerous uses of certain words and phrases from classical Greek, the Septuagint, and the NT to bear out that a particular translation and interpretation they are using has merit.
This is why it so important that you know the voice of the Holy Spirit , and test what is being said to you, when you know and have peace that it is from God and that you follow His lead to share, you then exercise trust and faith.

Absolutely, and well put.
It would make a good discussion - but then many on here don’t agree with the gifts, so it would no doubt cause issues !
Rita

It always does, LoL.

R

Rita

I think you may be under the impression I start with "evidence" first and then work said evidence into the interpretation of a prophecy.

No, I didn’t think that - and I understand what you mean about breaking down the imagery, in the past when I have had pictures I have had to do that - that’s part of understanding the interpretation. I was thinking more about prophecy and direct insights, when there are words or predictions about things. You give those predictions, words or interpretations directly, you shouldn’t need to search out evidence that it will happen. Or wait until their is evidence externally that it’s coming true - what the Holy Spirit is giving you is evidence enough.
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See next post HIM….I messed this one up.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'd enjoy reading it, actually. But the search engine at this site leaves something to be desired unfortunately. I searched The Great Controversy under your name and only got two entries of you mentioning the work but nothing else.

I also looked for specific quotations on the economic downfall by searching Google, but didn't have much luck, so please try and find your work and post it here for me. I would certainly like to take a look. There are aspects of Adventist theology I disagree with, but that doesn't mean there was no truth whatsoever in the things E.G. White taught, or in what she may have even seen prophetically, and I think it would be a mistake to assume that.
Found it HIH….here's the reference…..posted 16 April 2020 in the Eschatology and Prophecy forum…'God's People Delivered'….first post, page one

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your concern, but I doubt they will be marketing me much. As I said, I have never purchased such material nor will I ever, nor was it the motivation in posting the video, i.e. to advise anyone that they should do so. The intent was to draw attention to the content of what he was saying, something that unfortunately no one has yet commented on because all they can see is a supposed snake oil salesmen selling six books and a subscription to a newsletter at what appears to me to be a reasonable price, even should they be bombarded with adds over it.

With all due respect, Randy, if I wanted the material bad enough, I think I could survive it.

Oh my gosh, I do get that! I was just venting--I've been suckered before, and nearly got suckered on this same one earlier elsewhere! ;)

I know what you were doing, and I understand that. The reason you won't get much response is because...snakeoil salesmen, blah, blah, blah. Nobody wants to listen to that.

So, to get back on track, why don't you just reduce the info, put into your own words, make the point, and then ask for a response?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found it HIH….here's the reference…..posted 16 April 2020 in the Eschatology and Prophecy forum…'God's People Delivered'….first post, page one

Ok, good! I have my hands full atm, but I want to check it out. Please get back to me if I don't respond, and I appreciate it.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, I do get that! I was just venting--I've been suckered before, and nearly got suckered on this same one earlier elsewhere! ;)

I know what you were doing, and I understand that. The reason you won't get much response is because...snakeoil salesmen, blah, blah, blah. Nobody wants to listen to that.

So, to get back on track, why don't you just reduce the info, put into your own words, make the point, and then ask for a response?

I would have, but I'm kinda swamped as is.

But you're right. That would have been the better way to go about it if possible. I do transcript videos on occasion, but that one is really long.

God bless!

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bobby Jo,
I guess I would need to understand the prophetic reference you are assigning to the United States. What passages do you see as applying to the US? The only real reference I see as pertaining to China is as one of "kings of the east" that come after the 6th vial in Revelation. I define the references to "Babylon" as pertaining to America. As such there will be no total decline until ten
10 kings "make her desolate (Rev 17) and when God brings her into remembrance for judgement.

Ummmmmm News Flash: The "10 toes/horns" were decided upon in August of 1993, and published in the November,1993, periodical.

Secondly, "North" is with respect to "South", and not with respect to Israel or the equator. So "North" is Russia; and South is the U.K./U.S.; and of course "East" is China Perhaps you could consider the Dan. 2:45 FIVE world empires where the Fifth is "DIVIDED", and is represented by the Dan. 7 FOUR.

And "Babylon" is the Metropolis Model which Nebuchadnezzar employed, -- and is still employed today.

It's all quite simple. Maybe you could either open a "Topic", or open a "Conversation".
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Huperetes

Dec 10, 2019
Millington
www.grex.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmm News Flash: The "10 toes/horns" were decided upon in August of 1993, and published in the November,1993, periodical.

Who made the decision and what "periodical" published it?

Secondly, "North" is with respect to "South", and not with respect to Israel or the equator. So "North" is Russia; and South is the U.K./U.S.; and of course "East" is China Perhaps you could consider the Dan. 2:45 FIVE world empires where the Fifth is "DIVIDED", and is represented by the Dan. 7 FOUR.
Daniel tells us quite clearly who the king of the south and king of the north are. The king of the south was ptolemy and the king of the north was selucid. You are forcing your paradigm into the text.

And "Babylon" is the Metropolis Model which Nebuchadnezzar employed, -- and is still employed today.

In Revelation "Babylon" is defined as the "great city that rules over the earth" There is only one world power that fits that model and it isn't Rome or some symbolic reference to a "metropolis" model. It's the good ole USA.who has a long lineage of being a descendant of the Babylonian mystery tradition.

It's all quite simple. Maybe you could either open a "Topic", or open a "Conversation".

In your oversimplification you make some errors in interpretation. Maybe a new topic would be helpful.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who made the decision and what "periodical" published it? ...
The Road To Reform: Towards A New Clarity,” U.N. Chronicle, UMI, Vol. 30, Issue 4, December 1993, pp. 45-46
(I errantly cited "November" from memory, but it was a "December" publication.)​

... The king of the south was ptolemy and the king of the north was selucid. You are forcing your paradigm into the text.

And according to the angel's demand in 12:4 & 9, apparently the Grecian Empire citizens had computers and traveled some 60 to 600 mph; and then Jesus RETURNED.

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

In Revelation "Babylon" is defined as the "great city that rules over the earth" There is only one world power that fits that model and it isn't Rome or some symbolic reference to a "metropolis" model. It's the good ole USA.who has a long lineage of being a descendant of the Babylonian mystery tradition.

You have absolutely no clue, but guess none the less, -- or all the more.

In your oversimplification you make some errors in interpretation. Maybe a new topic would be helpful.

You haven't grasped the most simple of Prophetic concepts, and you council OTHERS? Really?
If what you assert is defensible, then let's put it to a test, and visa versa. So let me start:

Dan. 2 is "interpreted" as:
1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, Revived Rome​
But verse 45 says Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. Now Dan. 7 says FOUR, and we know that FIVE ≠ FOUR, so do the FOUR represent the "Divided Kingdom", and exactly who are these participants in the "Divided Kingdom"?

ALTERNATELY:
If you insist that the commentator 4a/4b is correct, then exactly what is the INTELLIGENT DESIGN of the sequence 4,3,5,2,1?

If you can get the simple, maybe we can attempt the complex.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Daniel tells us quite clearly who the king of the south and king of the north are. The king of the south was ptolemy and the king of the north was selucid. You are forcing your paradigm into the text. ...

Please also allow me to ask exactly in what verse(s) which Daniel specifies "Ptolemy" and "Selucid"?

And are YOU forcing your "paradigm" into the TEXT?
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead on, and his five dominoes are a further confirmation (though as I said earlier, the real depression will begin setting in in earnest next year). I could verify what he talks about when discussing the last domino through numerous additional prophesies, but I'll save that for another time.

The Great Depression of 2020
Just the blurb on the site tells me everything I need to know:

THE GREAT DEPRESSION OF 2020
How it Could All Unfold… And five steps you need to take right now to protect your family and your wealth
“Hell is coming, America will end as we know it.”
– Bill Ackman, Famous Hedge Fund Manager

Fear mongering. Plain and simple. Obviously somewhere this guy stands to make money from those he terrifies. One way or another.

Hell is coming!!!!!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Hell is coming, America will end as we know it.”
– Bill Ackman, Famous Hedge Fund Manager

Fear mongering. Plain and simple. Obviously somewhere this guy stands to make money from those he terrifies. One way or another.

Two different guys. I wouldn't doubt Bill Ackman uses fear mongering to make money. After that prediction, he suddenly turned bullish and started buying up stocks. Now that he's made money off it, he's suddenly turning all "optimistic." So yes, Bill Ackman I wouldn't trust any farther than I could throw him.
Last month Bill Ackman said ‘hell is coming.’ Now he’s ‘optimistic.’

Concerning Jim Rackards, see my replies in Posts #154 and #152.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two different guys. I wouldn't doubt Bill Ackman uses fear mongering to make money. After that prediction, he suddenly turned bullish and started buying up stocks. Now that he's made money off it, he's suddenly turning all "optimistic." So yes, Bill Ackman I wouldn't trust any farther than I could throw him.
Last month Bill Ackman said ‘hell is coming.’ Now he’s ‘optimistic.’

Concerning Jim Rackards, see my replies in Posts #154 and #152.
Wasn't this your link?

The Great Depression of 2020

upload_2020-5-19_8-47-5.png