Beware of the Three Curtains

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Alright. But do you have any scripture to back it up or something? It's kind of random. There isn't even any explanation.

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
The Priest robes and hangings at the altar or pulpit do change colors though out the Liturgical calendar. Purple is the color for most of Lent. So there is a lot of purple right now, some call it a violet.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Unorthodox Christian;37324)
The Iron Curtain=RussiaThe Bambo Curtain=ChinaThe Most Important to keep your eye on, the Purple Curtain=Catholic Church
I know I am going to regret this but why is the Catholic Church the most important one? And please do not tell me they are the AC and all that other junk....

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
well if I had to guess at the moment at least and for maybe another 4 weeks or so; our Priest are primarily wearing Purple and the Church is adorned in it. Of course that only applies to regular Mass. RC Priest of different rites wear many different things outside of Mass and pretty certain none wear Purple as a custom. Black is probably the most common attire outside Mass for regular business. Informal occassions could be whatever the local customary attire is.After Lent am afraid that we would have to wait until Advent to see the connection again. Am unsure if it is a seasonal connection with the Liturgical calendar or if there is perhaps another Church targeted in between seasons.