Understanding the 'Little Horn' power of Prophecy in Daniel.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The SDA places themselves judgement of all Christian churches, the same as every made-in-America Bible club that has to revise history so it fits their man made system.

Todays reputable Protestant historians are the enemy of anti-Catholics. Cults associate the "man of lawlessness" with Catholicism. Many of todays Protestant scholars have backed away from the reformers anti-Catholic assertions. That's because, upon scrutiny and honest research and mature scholarship, the reformers anti-Catholic assertions are embarrassing. "mature scholarship" rules out the absurd wanna-be preachers on YouTube, and the psychotic ramblings of radical SDA's.. There is literally an exodus of Protestant scholars and ministers swimming the Tiber.

The need to demonized the Catholic Church ended with Vatican II. Those documents are rarely mocked. But you would rather pontificate myths made popular by professional liars getting rich off people's predisposition to bigotry or lack of education. It's no coincidence that most rabid anti-Catholic rhetoric
  • was spawned from the same country: USA.
  • in the same time frame (late 18th century)
  • always founded by one person, most of them were Protestant pastors,
  • and all of them are less than 200 years old which is as far back as the line of thought is traced.
Nobody is born a racist.
Nobody is born an atheist.
Nobody is born an anti-Catholic
But the socialization process is the same.
Todays reputable Protestant historians are the enemy of anti-Catholics.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which pope was a troll?

Please quote me correctly.

It seems to me that you lack the ability to understand what others post by twisting their words to suit your desired off target outcome.

Goodbye troll, one of the abuser of God's truth.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Somewhere in your multiple post dissertation, your words stopped, and plagiarism took over without you acknowledging the source from which you cut and posted into posts under your name.
Actually, I cut and pasted excerpts from longer essays I wrote on my own web site. There may however be short phrases here and there that were originally from others, simply because I liked the way they were worded. None of what we write when studying prophecy or scripture in general is original. None of it. The ultimate glory goes to the holy Spirit who gave and inspired the scriptures in the first place, and to Him for giving understanding in the second place.
Quibbling about authorship is like shooting the messenger because you didn't like the message. Not in one instant did you actually engage with the message itself.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please quote me correctly.

It seems to me that you lack the ability to understand what others post by twisting their words to suit your desired off target outcome.

Goodbye troll, one of the abuser of God's truth.
I used "Reply". It quoted you verbatim.

Point out God's truth in the papal quotes I cited.

I must have missed it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The SDA places themselves judgement of all Christian churches, the same as every made-in-America Bible club that has to revise history so it fits their man made system.
Cultures of all kinds, nations of every description, peoples, villages, and individuals have been pointing out the lies and shortcomings of the papal Antichrist system for as long as there has been a papal Antichrist system. The first to come under its iron hammer were the 3 nations spoken of earlier. Christian nations, maybe Arian, but destroyed at the behest of the bishop of Rome because of a theological difference over the assumed doctrine of the trinity. The other nations that arose at the fall of Rome were also Arian, maybe, but eventually surrendered to the usurped authority of the Roman bishop, and were spared the axe. Such persecution of her enemies through war and political intrigue had been going on for over 1500 years. Remember the Waldensian heroes of the Piedmont Alps? The Albigenses of Southern France? The Hussites? What of the Celtic church in Britain, rooted in apostolic Christianity, and having no dealings with Rome until the 6th century, and from then ensued All manner of wars, arranged marriages, political intrigue, all intended to bring the churches of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England under papal authority. All variations of the same biblical belief system that required religious freedom and the right to follow conscience. I could add a number of groups in Britain that resisted papal tyranny and refused to surrender their independence in religious matters but were utterly destroyed by Catholic armies. Any history that denies this is the one you speak of having been revised in order to bring a rosy tint before papal atrocities.
Although I'm flattered that you give my church all the glory in"discovering" these truths, in all humility I cannot accept such generous praise. Numerous historians have written upon these subjects for centuries, all we are doing is bringing them to light. This is not a matter of hatred towards Catholics. That is utterly ridiculous, seeing many of our church members converted to Adventism from Catholicism, and were welcomed with love and acceptance. Including myself. It's truth that converts, not hatred.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of who becomes the Antichrist, the pope and/or papacy do not qualify.

The person who becomes the Antichrist must be Jew and his religion Judaism. Because Jesus was the King of Israel who came in the name of the Lord. The pope does not quality to ever be the King of Israel thought to be messiah by the Jews.

John 12:
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

The Jews are looking for their King of Israel messiah. That person will be the little horn of Daniel 7-8, who after Gog/Magog event of Ezekiel 39, will be the prince who shall come into the middle east - and perceived by the Jews as their messiah, and anointed the
King of Israel - becoming the Antichrist.

Being the Antichrist will last about three years - when he reveals himself as the son of perdition, the man of sin. His next stage will be as the beast-king in Revelation 13.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of wasted time in making out the pope/papacy as the Antichrist, or the later stage of being the beast-king.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an amateur anti-Catholic.
After many years, I've earned the status of "professional" - you will address me as such, thank you.
At the end of the spectrum of extreme anti-Catholics, the Satanic Black Mass makes your bigotry child's play.
I'm not sure about that, but anyone who claims to "take the place of Christ" and that God and Christ "subscribe" to the whims of a sinful priest is pretty blasphemic.
Why is it always us?
Because Bible prophecy identifies the papal system as the Antichrist of prophecy - does not the papacy claim to "take the place of Christ", the very definition of "anti-christos"?
Do you approve of vandalism and the burning down of Catholic churches?
As long as they're empty, I wouldn't shed a single tear...because they're temples of doom, directing the minds of many poor catholic faithful away from the Savior to pedo priests.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little horn in Daniel 7 and 8 emerges as the first stage of the person who goes through 5 stages on the way to his demise. The little horn person is not the Pope, nor office of the Pope.

Those five stages are...

1, the little horn - leader over ten EU leaders.
2. the prince who shall come - into the middle east following the Gog/Magog event.
3. the Antichrist -anointed the King of Israel, thought-to-be messiah of the Jews.
4. the revealed man of sin - revealed not to be the messiah of the Jews. End of his Antichrist stage, phony King of Israel.
5. the beast-king - brought back to life after being killed. Becomes dictator of the EU, kingdom of the beast-king.
History says different as it shows who it is..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Todays reputable Protestant historians are the enemy of anti-Catholics. Cults associate the "man of lawlessness" with Catholicism. Many of todays Protestant scholars have backed away from the reformers anti-Catholic assertions. That's because, upon scrutiny and honest research and mature scholarship, the reformers anti-Catholic assertions are embarrassing. "mature scholarship" rules out the absurd wanna-be preachers on YouTube, and the psychotic ramblings of radical SDA's.. There is literally an exodus of Protestant scholars and ministers swimming the Tiber.

The need to demonized the Catholic Church ended with Vatican II. Those documents are rarely mocked. But you would rather pontificate myths made popular by professional liars getting rich off people's predisposition to bigotry or lack of education. It's no coincidence that most rabid anti-Catholic rhetoric
  • and all of them are less than 200 years old which is as far back as the line of thought is traced.
Nobody is born a racist.
God's Word shows it, one just has to look for themselves..

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is born a racist.

These things are all just subsets of selfishness, and EVERYBODY is born selfish.

Today's "reputable" Protestant historians are morally cowardiced ecumenists.

Today's true Protestant historians are not anti-Catholic at all—they're simply anti-Catholicism.

Your post history indicates your inability to make the distinction but, nevertheless...

We love you; we just despise popery.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BarneyFife, please go to this thread and describe yourself.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's no coincidence that most rabid anti-Catholic rhetoric

Speaking of "mythical pontificating"...

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BarneyFife, please go to this thread and describe yourself.

I'd really like to oblige, but I'm not here to participate in exercises of pigeonholing and curiosity.

:hearteyes:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd really like to oblige, but I'm not here to participate in exercises of pigeonholing and curiosity.

:hearteyes:
sure, it is just optional. It is helpful in eschatology discussions to know where the other person is coming from.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nobody is born a racist.
Well if the glove fits, you have your criminal, and history shows it fits to a tee..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nobody is born a racist.
Many will listen to what the deceiver brings, that is why they must study Gods Word and discern and choose between the truth He brings, or the lies and traditions of men that this entity brings ..

Acts 5:29
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Reactions: BarneyFife