Bible = 'Books.'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 1:2 ans 1 Tim 3:15 refer to the "holy scripture".
And which part is scripture and which part is mens reasoning.

God gave us His best but men choose teh second best.

But you will not come to Me so I can give you life,

This is my son in whom I am well pleased. hear Him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ByGrace, you were wrong in understanding that 'bb' was referring to Heb 1. Please read again.
i wasn't referring to Heb 1, but it is prolly a great example, among many. Imo God speaks throughout creation, if we can hear it. The earth/moon testifies, even our dogs and cats testify imo.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What makes it holy and sacred is it is the written Word of God.
what makes this not true is that you cannot read ancient Hebrew #1, and #2 even if you could there would be the possibility of misunderstanding, since you were not there in the situ as God was speaking. You can access a lexicon, which might help somewhat, but i'm not sure how far that goes toward getting you any closer to the original. Some passages just do not make sense to us.

don't get me wrong, i still believe that there is...prolly all the truth we can stand in Scripture, lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well what is it that people do with or treat the Bible as or whatever else that suggests that?
considering It holy is enough, don't you think? Now "Easter," being written, is holy to you, but it is not in the Bible. Or if you disagree there, the Book even details the sins of scribes, how do you deal with that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"In English, one of the earliest—if not the earliest—uses of “The Holy Bible” appeared in 1611 on the cover of the Authorized Version..."

should tell one all they need to know

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:2 ans 1 Tim 3:15 refer to the "holy scripture".

Romans 1...Living Bible (TLB)
2 This Good News was promised long ago by God’s prophets in the Old Testament.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1...Living Bible (TLB)
2 This Good News was promised long ago by God’s prophets in the Old Testament.
Romans 1:1-2 KJV
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, [2] (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:1-2 KJV
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, [2] (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Do you have anything that indicates the scriptures in the New Testament are holy? The "holy scriptures" you reference in Romans and Timothy are from the Old Testament.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If we're gonna use your measuring stick to determine whether or not the bible is holy, there needs to be something in scripture that states the New Testament scriptures are holy.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible is simply a collection of documents preserved by way of scribes that are a documentation of a peoples experience with the Lord their God. that God has set to a people to be a witness to the things to come and be fulfilled. hence if you are in a true relationship with the Almighty the scriptures can not only teach but affirm that you are experiencing the same God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, now in the name of Jesus Christ.

otherwise its merely a book of Israeli history and beliefs.

guys like Abraham could visit Noah because Noah was still alive when Abraham was. today we rely on one witness to another and the documentation thereof.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have the choice to know Jesus or know the bible, one requires you to read a book, the other requires you to put away the book and listen and learn for Gods best. Jesus. Your choosing, only one gives life, and it is not the bible,

I think I may even take that a bit further... there is the scripture which says:- John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
Is it too far a reach to say , that , as we wait upon the Lord, and the Holy Ghost "soaks us" in the living word...that we have everything of God's word within us, because we have HIM within our spirit. If Jesus Christ is the living word, and we are joined to Him...we also must become the living word..through Him who dwells within. ( = one of the reasons that you could share the Good News with the friends wife..without a bible...the life of Christ ministered to her via the living word within. )
What do you think? Reaching too far?

Reactions: Sword