Bible Prophecy Written over 2000 years ago is Today's History Written in Advance.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mark 13:29 Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its branches become tender and sprout leaves, you know that summer is near. 29In the same way, when you see these things happening, you know that He is near, right at the door. 30Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened.…

You rely having not understood what these verses are about and the time spans hidden within them.

Here is a passage that reflects the present circumstances in the land of Canaan today: -

Lev 26 : 27 - 35
27 'And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me,
28 then I also will walk contrary to you in fury;
and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
29 You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.
30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and cast your carcasses on the lifeless forms of your idols;
and My soul shall abhor you.
31 I will lay your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not smell the fragrance of your sweet aromas.
32 I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it.
33 I will scatter you among the nations and draw out a sword after you;
your land shall be desolate and your cities waste.

34 Then the land shall enjoy its sabbaths as long as it lies desolate and you are in your enemies' land;
then the land shall rest and enjoy its sabbaths.
35 As long as it lies desolate it shall rest —
for the time it did not rest on your sabbaths when you dwelt in it.
Does Israel have rest in the land of Canaan since 1948 when they returned in their own strength to occupy it?

I do not think so from the news that is continually poring out of that region. The area is in turmoil and no rest can be found at present.

The visitation of the iniquities of the fathers has not yet reached it fullness in time, after which all of Israel will be save when Israel REPENTS of her sins. What we are hearing at present is not a humble spirit in the land of Canaan.

When Revelation 16:12-16 has run its complete course, and the prophecy in Isaiah 24 : 21 -22 has begun to unfold, then we will see Israel redeemed at the completion of the time of Gentile Heathens trampling the Sanctuary of God in Jerusalem.

But you believe you have your escape hatch up in the sky from the time of Jacob's troubles and the resulting tribulation that are continuing to unfold.

Know what I mean?

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When will the 'Last Days' end and the Day of the Lord begin?

Here's neat and quick scripture extraction prediction

1. One day = 1000 years

2. Daniel 12:7 used a method of counting as in “time, times and half “= 1 + 2 + ½ = 3 ½ units of time.

3. If we use the same counting method for the ‘last days,’ then last days = 2 units of time = 2000 years.

4. So, in the times of Christ and Paul especially, (28 to 65) AD, when they spoke of the ‘last days,’ or the return of Christ,’ we then can say according to this theory, ‘Last Days’ end somewhere between 2028 and 2065 AD with the arrival of the Messiah to start the Lord’s day of 1000 years.

10 to 47 years from now!

And the ‘beat’ goes on…..may the Lord come soon!

Blessings to all,

APAK

I concur (the passage in Hosea can also be used multiple ways for the 2 days). In addition, this is in agreement with predictions by Sir Isaac Newton. I'll just be turning 60 years old next year, and my "gut" tells me I may not see the end of days, but they won't be long after. Our generation may very well be one of the last seeking after truth and righteousness. However, much like a chess game I can see the pieces lining up, and we can see when the end times will come by the following major categories:

1) Increase of natural disasters, especially earthquakes. On a FB group, one woman loves to track these earthquakes and quoted scientists who admit they are increasing in number and intensity. Of course, scientists will dismiss it by saying it's part of a "cycle" maybe 100,000 years ago when nobody was around. Nevertheless, the Lord's timing is such that even if it was a 'cycle' it is timed to occur at the end times. Jesus said there would be such earthquakes, I care not as to the reason why. What I do care about is that the scientists are admitting an increase just as the bible predicted.

2) The increase of godlessness and by extrapolation, persecution of Christians. In this nation, it's more shaming Christians at this point, the other nations without freedoms understandably thinks nothing of such persecution. Then we see laws passed to perhaps penalize in some way a person who does not support, or at least not say anything, against such godlessness. And I can go on and on.

3) The aligning of the nations. I see the nations of the King of the South forming, I think with president Trump I am finally seeing perhaps the King of the north forming especially since Europe does not depend on US military intervention any longer the way they did. Until recently, I did not see anything concrete, but I now see it in its embryonic state. In addition, Britain with its Brexit, and the USA going more at it alone seems to align with biblical prophecy.

4) Lastly the nation of Israel itself. This has been ongoing but in recent years more interest in the temple mount by Jews grew exponentially. I've heard more news about Israel in the last several years than I've been hearing since times like the Yom Kippur war. Once that temple goes up, that's the start of it all, and the most obvious sign. When will it go up? Nobody knows nor can anyone determine what "opportunity" will arise or how soon for them to build.

Again, like a chess game, I can see the pieces aligning up for that checkmate, but we are not there quite yet. Again, your assessment of the time seems like that could be possible.

Reactions: Nancy and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I concur (the passage in Hosea can also be used multiple ways for the 2 days). In addition, this is in agreement with predictions by Sir Isaac Newton. I'll just be turning 60 years old next year, and my "gut" tells me I may not see the end of days, but they won't be long after. Our generation may very well be one of the last seeking after truth and righteousness. However, much like a chess game I can see the pieces lining up, and we can see when the end times will come by the following major categories:

1) Increase of natural disasters, especially earthquakes. On a FB group, one woman loves to track these earthquakes and quoted scientists who admit they are increasing in number and intensity. Of course, scientists will dismiss it by saying it's part of a "cycle" maybe 100,000 years ago when nobody was around. Nevertheless, the Lord's timing is such that even if it was a 'cycle' it is timed to occur at the end times. Jesus said there would be such earthquakes, I care not as to the reason why. What I do care about is that the scientists are admitting an increase just as the bible predicted.

2) The increase of godlessness and by extrapolation, persecution of Christians. In this nation, it's more shaming Christians at this point, the other nations without freedoms understandably thinks nothing of such persecution. Then we see laws passed to perhaps penalize in some way a person who does not support, or at least not say anything, against such godlessness. And I can go on and on.

3) The aligning of the nations. I see the nations of the King of the South forming, I think with president Trump I am finally seeing perhaps the King of the north forming especially since Europe does not depend on US military intervention any longer the way they did. Until recently, I did not see anything concrete, but I now see it in its embryonic state. In addition, Britain with its Brexit, and the USA going more at it alone seems to align with biblical prophecy.

4) Lastly the nation of Israel itself. This has been ongoing but in recent years more interest in the temple mount by Jews grew exponentially. I've heard more news about Israel in the last several years than I've been hearing since times like the Yom Kippur war. Once that temple goes up, that's the start of it all, and the most obvious sign. When will it go up? Nobody knows nor can anyone determine what "opportunity" will arise or how soon for them to build.

Again, like a chess game, I can see the pieces aligning up for that checkmate, but we are not there quite yet. Again, your assessment of the time seems like that could be possible.

Bless you @liafailrock I'm just a few years older, just another number...I'm (was) an astro/aerospace/systems engineer and analyst at heart.

I do not necessarily agree with all your points (last point) although, I expect we agree together on most if we listed another dozen...

Yes, Isaac was a mathematics/ abstract thinking genius and a God-fearing man, indeed.

APAK

Reactions: liafailrock

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, the children are ready, :)

I read an article a few years back saying that materials for the 3rd temple are already being gathered. I wish I could remember where I read that..

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read an article a few years back saying that materials for the 3rd temple are already being gathered. I wish I could remember where I read that..

I know they have the cornerstones ready to be placed when the time is right. And I believe they are always preparing for necessary implements needed in the Temple service, even to the point of looking for a red heifer. So it is not hard to imagine that they are preparing other building stones also.

A very good book that covers all of this is, (The Temple and Bible Prophecy, Randall Price, Harvest House).

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does Israel have rest in the land of Canaan since 1948 when they returned in their own strength to occupy it?​

Israel didn't return under her own strength in 1948. She was brought by others.

Stranger

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nancy, This one put out by the temple institute 3 years ago was always one of my favorites.

Reactions: Nancy

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know they have the cornerstones ready to be placed when the time is right. And I believe they are always preparing for necessary implements needed in the Temple service, even to the point of looking for a red heifer. So it is not hard to imagine that they are preparing other building stones also.

A very good book that covers all of this is, (The Temple and Bible Prophecy, Randall Price, Harvest House).

Stranger

I have to do some research to see if they actually have a benchmark that they want to go by to lay the cornerstone. I know they have detailed blueprints of the temple, and of course all the artifacts made (as well as training the priests). There is some controversy where on the mount the temple actually stood although most believe the Holy of Holies was on the Rock the Dome stands over. I've also read some southern theories which also make sense since the water channels are such that the water would run downhill toward the south unless it was a sealed pipe system to make it uphill to the Dome (and nobody knows for sure) or it was transported up there.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to do some research to see if they actually have a benchmark that they want to go by to lay the cornerstone. I know they have detailed blueprints of the temple, and of course all the artifacts made (as well as training the priests). There is some controversy where on the mount the temple actually stood although most believe the Holy of Holies was on the Rock the Dome stands over. I've also read some southern theories which also make sense since the water channels are such that the water would run downhill toward the south unless it was a sealed pipe system to make it uphill to the Dome (and nobody knows for sure) or it was transported up there.
This is such fascinating stuff. I wish the church would teach on it more. Awesome bible study material as well-could be combined with events happening now in the M.E. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem"

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel didn't return under her own strength in 1948. She was brought by others.

Stranger

Yes, but was God's hand involved? I do not believe so. Since 1948, there has been no rest within the land, so the Lev 28: 27- 35 passage has accurately foretold of this lack of rest in the Land of Canaan since the return of some of Abraham's descendants to the land.

Daniel 11 does tell us that: -

Daniel 11: 34 - 35: - 34 Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35 And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.​

When is the time of the end? When is the appointed time?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but was God's hand involved? I do not believe so. Since 1948, there has been no rest within the land, so the Lev 28: 27- 35 passage has accurately foretold of this lack of rest in the Land of Canaan since the return of some of Abraham's descendants to the land.

Daniel 11 does tell us that: -

Daniel 11: 34 - 35: - 34 Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35 And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.​

When is the time of the end? When is the appointed time?

Was God's hand involved in preserving the Jews in the book of Esther? Why?

Stranger

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is such fascinating stuff. I wish the church would teach on it more. Awesome bible study material as well-could be combined with events happening now in the M.E. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem"

Jesus did teach that Israel would attempt to build a temple/tower in Luke 14 : 28 - 30 but that they will not have the means to complete it. In this "parable" Jesus uses the word "tower" to signify the intent of reaching up to God with a structure alluding back to the story of the Tower of Babel.

But what God wants of Israel is for them to humble themselves before Him and to repent of their transgressions against Him from the time that Isaac was born. Then the Lord has promised to listen to their cries to save them.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was God's hand involved in preserving the Jews in the book of Esther? Why?

Stranger

That is a completely different issue as far as God is concerned. Even while they are estranged from Him, God will protect them from being completely destroyed until the fulfilment in time of the visitation of their iniquities of idolatrous worship has run it full course of two ages/days of the Lord which is due to occur in our near future. After which time, if there is no fruit on the fig tree, then God Himself will remove the fig tree and have it burned.

Shalom

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did teach that Israel would attempt to build a temple/tower in Luke 14 : 28 - 30 but that they will not have the means to complete it. In this "parable" Jesus uses the word "tower" to signify the intent of reaching up to God with a structure alluding back to the story of the Tower of Babel.

But what God wants of Israel is for them to humble themselves before Him and to repent of their transgressions against Him from the time that Isaac was born. Then the Lord has promised to listen to their cries to save them.

Shalom
Well, you're in the right ballpark, even if you did miss the pitch. I think that section was on the cost of individual discipleship, not really anything to do with Israel as a nation.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a completely different issue as far as God is concerned. Even while they are estranged from Him, God will protect them from being completely destroyed until the fulfilment in time of the visitation of their iniquities of idolatrous worship has run it full course of two ages/days of the Lord which is due to occur in our near future. After which time, if there is no fruit on the fig tree, then God Himself will remove the fig tree and have it burned.

Shalom

Was God's hand involved in preserving the Jews in the book of Esther? How do you know?

Stranger

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, you're in the right ballpark, even if you did miss the pitch. I think that section was on the cost of individual discipleship, not really anything to do with Israel as a nation.

Who was the audience that this parable was spoken to? Gentiles? Israelites? Really, the parable has nothing to do with the nation of Israel?

If you consider the section in question from verse 25 to the end of the chapter, it is all about becoming Jesus' disciple as Jesus' audience were the Jewish crowds. It is not about the cost of being a disciple of Jesus, it is about what you are prepared to do to become a disciple of Jesus. A very different emphasis.

Are the parables also applicable to Gentiles as well? Certainly, but not at the cost of adopting replacement theology.

Shalom

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The book I recommended earlier, (The Temple and Bible Prophecy, Randall Price) was written originally 1999. The copy I have is 2005. I think you would enjoy it.

Also, a have a smaller book called, (Secrets of Jerusalem's Temple Mount, Len and Kathleen Ritmeyer, Biblical Archaeology Society). The copy I have is dated 1998. It is still available. They argue that the Dome of the Rock is over where the Holy of Holies was in the orginal temple. And they give pictures inside of the Dome which is over that piece of Rock. And in the rock is a perfectly carved out rectangle for something to sit.

Here is a quote from it. "According to my plan, this depression falls exactly in the center of the Holy of Holies. Converting its dimensions into cubits produces another rather startling fact. It measures exactly 1.5 by 2.5 cubits (2 feet, 7 inches, by 4 feet, 4 inches, or 80 centimeters by 130 centimeters). These are the dimensions of the Ark of the Covenant the Lord told Moses to build in the wilderness (Exodus 25:10), the ark that was ultimately placed in Solomon's Temple. In the end, the conclusion that this unique depression marked the emplacement of the Ark of the Covenant inside the Holy of Holies is inescapable. " (p. 109) See (p. 97) for picture of it.

Stranger