Bible verses most Christians refuse to believe

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo you really can’t back up your theory with any facts??? Deja vu?

You are a perfect example - fighting against the truth every day, in all of your posts. Thus, the student , the pupil , of the wickedness proves in life the wickedness.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a perfect example - fighting against the truth every day, in all of your posts. Thus, the student , the pupil , of the wickedness proves in life the wickedness.

Soooo you really can’t back up your theory with any facts??? Are you going to at least TRY?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(1Jn 3:23-24 KJV)

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him.

And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

(A straightforward message of eternal security.)

===============

(1Jn 3:5-9 KJV)

And ye know that he was manifested (came among us) to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. (Yes.)

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. (The continual practice of habitual sin by the disciples of Satan, but not by the believer who is guided and kept by the Holy Spirit and whose sins are blotted out.)

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. (Yes)

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. (Flee from the devil, warning repeated.)

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (Yes)

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (The born again believer is eternally secure in Christ. This is a message of reassurance for the faithful. Thank you, Lord.)

Lights out.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just testing? You mean you knew I was the OP? That lie just put you on ignore. I can't stand liars. So you have nothing to read of any worth to me. Good bye.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Goodbye. That saves me from having to correct your many errors

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all great theory, makes for grandiose claims, but let's put the rubber on the road. Who here is without sin?
Not theory but scripture. She posted scripture and instead of discussing what the verses meant, you resumed an apparently old attack from other threads on her person because you disagree with her. Should a person who is sinless answer your question just to satisfy your curiosity or to support your own lack of faith?

"And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.
And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marveled.

Mark 15:3-5

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
… a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

To whom is the choice given of silence or speech?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all great theory, makes for grandiose claims, but let's put the rubber on the road. Who here is without sin?
Why not ask rather, Who here is born of God?

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." I John 3:9

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if it turns out that there are NONE who claim sinlessness, maybe that's because we really do know what God says about it, and maybe this interpretation isn't quite right after all.
Or perhaps some who have already overcome as Jesus overcame are also remaining silent as Jesus remained silent! What is God's will in this?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or perhaps some who have already overcome as Jesus overcame are also remaining silent as Jesus remained silent! What is God's will in this?
Many who have already overcome as Jesus says, do not ever visit forums like this one, or if they do, many (have testified, ) do not stick around - too much wrong. They remain faithful and true to Jesus, and in fellowship with Ekklesia locally where they live, in person, and not getting mixed up in the affairs of the world, being good soldiers as Jesus says in His Word.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or even prior to Jesus' birth in Bethlehem?
(I had to go back and see the context-topic) (still subject to clarification/ double checking / testing by Scripture)

No, not even prior to Jesus' birth in Bethlehem. The possibility of gentiles to be in God's Ekklesia is "new" since Jesus' birth , and was totally unexpected! - the "secret" hidden until revealed by Jesus to God's messenger Paul.

Prior to Jesus' birth in Bethlehem, the gentiles/nations/ peoples were without God, without Christ and without hope in the world.
They did not fall away - they simply were all that God said they were. (not good)

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were ...
Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
You were excluded from citizenship in Israel, and the pledges [God made in his] promise were foreign to you. You had no hope and were in the world without God. New American Standard 1977 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope ...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is what freedom from sin means. Unless a person wants to sin of course. But we can't both abide IN Christ and sin.

We are not abandoned by Jesus when we sin. He yet remains in us...since He will not leave us or forsake us. We are learning to place ourselves in His hands and fully surrender to Him....in order to be crucified and enter INTO Him so that we remain in His peace and power. There is no sin in His presence.
There is indeed in probably most believers an 'old man' that is not yet completely and finally dead. Until he is, the struggle between the 'new man' and the 'old man' continues. That 'old man' is the beast that remains. Solomon wrote of this a thousand years before Jesus was born in Bethlehem. What is wisdom?

"Wisdom... She hath killed her beasts... " Prov. 9:1-2

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. " John 16:33

Reactions: Episkopos

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any person claiming true conversion who believes they are sinless is lacking a true encounter with Christ.

Anyone who continues to sin has had a false conversion.
“Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.” (1 Jn. 3:6).

Reactions: amadeus

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who continues to sin has had a false conversion.
“Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.” (1 Jn. 3:6).
What do you mean by "continues to sin?" That if they ever sin again?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many who have already overcome as Jesus says, do not ever visit forums like this one, or if they do, many (have testified, ) do not stick around - too much wrong. They remain faithful and true to Jesus, and in fellowship with Ekklesia locally where they live, in person, and not getting mixed up in the affairs of the world, being good soldiers as Jesus says in His Word.
We, each of us, needs to be where God has called us to be and to do what He calls us to do. We need to function as the part that we are... according to Him:

"For the body is not one member, but many." I Cor 12:14

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(I had to go back and see the context-topic) (still subject to clarification/ double checking / testing by Scripture)

No, not even prior to Jesus' birth in Bethlehem. The possibility of gentiles to be in God's Ekklesia is "new" since Jesus' birth , and was totally unexpected! - the "secret" hidden until revealed by Jesus to God's messenger Paul...
Unexpected perhaps to men, or to most men, but certainly not to God. Did He not know all of His plan before the foundation of the earth?

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We, each of us, needs to be where God has called us to be and to do what He calls us to do. We need to function as the part that we are... according to Him:

"For the body is not one member, but many." I Cor 12:14
i.e.
always
follow Jesus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unexpected perhaps to men, or to most men, but certainly not to God. Did He not know all of His plan before the foundation of the earth?
Not only unexpected, but not even suspected in their wildest imaginations, according to Scripture !

God says it was a secret hidden.

God Planned His Purpose and His Way, and fulfilled as He Desired, yes. He ALWAYS KNEW,

but man did not. Not until HE REVEALED....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Is there someone who does not sin?

Do you claim sinlessness?

Here is what i claim as revealed in the New Testament, by Paul.

" As Jesus IS so are the born again IN this World". = Thats me.
"Christ has redeemed the Born Again from the curse of the Law". = Thats me.
"blessed is the born again, of whom God will NOT charge them with their sin". = Thats me.

A deceived Forum heretic once asked.....>"why does God not charge you with your sin anymore, like i think He should".
And Jesus responds, "its because i have been judged for them all and died for them ALL = already". (The Cross).
And then Jesus adds, "what sin OF YOURS do you think i have not already paid for with my Blood"?

The Heretic , now sweating, replies..."so, if im confessing sins that your Blood already paid for 2000 yrs ago, im really just not understanding anything about the Grace of God, or the BLOOD ATONEMENT, at all".

Jesus replies...>"Right". "finally you got something Right".

What i claim, Reader, is simply what God gave me thru the cross and the blood atonement as a FREE GIFT of Salvation.
He gave me "the righteousness of Christ". This is why im "In Christ".
So, Reader, if you think any sinning is happening when you are Literally the righteousness of Christ, (if you are born again,) then you have not even begun to understand "the gift of righteousness" or "Justification by faith", not do you understand that "you are not under the law, but are under GRACE".

And if you are a sincere Christian, and what i just told you seems strangely TRUE yet, difficult to HEAR, thats a good sign.
So, to you who want to know more about this Grace of God that is mostly hidden on Forums by heretics, then go and find out why Paul does not refer to your sin as sin, but refers to it as "works of the flesh" and names them. Galatians 5:19-21
Go and meditate on Hebrews 9:12. and Hebrews 13:9 and Titus 3:5 until God gives you LIGHT.
Then study Romans 3:21-28 until God gives you the LIGHT.

And if you really do take the time to do that ^^^^^^^^^^^^ little bible study i just gave you, then when you have studied all those go and read Philippians 1:6 and let that verse show you Who saved you and WHO keeps you saved.