BIBLE VERSIONS CAN AFFECT SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who saw Him Standing , in Acts ? :) .... and today, who HEARS Him? :)

(sees Him? pondering that)
You forget that Stephen saw him standing at the throne of God while in the process of being stoned to death! Quite different to what these ones who reckoned that Jesus appeared to them and talked to as if He was their best mate!

The Bible is God's sole communication with mankind. He doesn't need to say any more, because He has already said it all in the Bible. I don't accept extra-Biblical voices in my head. They are more likely to be coming from another spirit and not the Spirit of God.

When Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice, it is His voice that speaks to us out of the pages of the Written Scripture when we read it or a faithful expository Bible teacher explains it to us.

When the Lord has spoken to my heart, He has always backed it up from a verse or passage of Scripture so show me that what I am receiving is really from Him and not another spirit.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forget that Stephen saw him standing at the throne of God while in the process of being stoned to death! Quite different to what these ones who reckoned that Jesus appeared to them and talked to as if He was their best mate!
No. I did not forget.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Even people who got the toxic shots during the epidemic around 1902 suffered more , some or many died, from the shots.
i.e. "following orders" (they were military men)

The instructions on the leaflet won't help anyone. Not as much, that is, as the instructions , the true knowledge, the experiential knowledge, of those who learned what to do.

During the plague (I only saw this this last week) , groups of people (in the middle ages), were not harmed. (guess what - no drugs) . During the Panama Canal, the second engineer did what the first engineer could not do. (death from yellow fever and from malaria stopped the first one) .... the second one did what was right, and wiped out those things (guess what - no drugs) .

When doctors were told to wash their hands before attending pregnant woman and births, after they were at the morgue/with dead bodies, at first the doctors laughed and did not listen. Their death rate among new borns was very high, while the midwifes who knew what to do only lost about 1, or very few, new borns out of one hundred.
When the doctors finally started washing their hands, the number of live births who also did not die of infection increased dramatically. (Guess what - no drugs) .....
So, if the Bible gives an unsaved person directions on how he should receive salvation, are you going to say the same thing to him? Just askin' :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the Lord has spoken to my heart, He has always backed it up from a verse or passage of Scripture so show me that what I am receiving is really from Him and not another spirit.
I thought you just posted God only communicates through the Bible ?

Whenever Jesus Speaks to us, as our Shepherd, yes, He is always PERFECTLY in TOTAL HARMONY - no contradiction,
with all of God's Word, Plan and Purpose.... always.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's not what is written,
especially in Hebrews Chapter 1 I think.
Likewise who appeared to Mary , and to Joseph, and to Cornelius ?
Where else do we find out about who God is, His plan of salvation, the life and teaching of Jesus, and how to received Christ as Saviour?

From a fella with a funny fish hat and robes? :p

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if the Bible gives an unsaved person directions on how he should receive salvation, are you going to say the same thing to him? Just askin'
Why change the topic, subject, and direction?

We are always to say what the Father Says, and Do what the Father Directs, always.

The Father and Jesus never , no not ever, contradicts His Word, Plan or Purpose, no, never.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a fella with a funny fish hat and robes?

Did you forget?

For r]">[r]consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to s]">[s]the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no t]">[t]man may boast before God. 30 But u]">[u]by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, v]">[v]and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why change the topic, subject, and direction?

We are always to say what the Father Says, and Do what the Father Directs, always.

The Father and Jesus never , no not ever, contradicts His Word, Plan or Purpose, no, never.
I was responding to the comment that the KJV doesn't save a person, but Jesus does. I was making the point that it isn't the book itself that saves anyone. It is following the instructions in it. The demons know the Bible much better than we do and they believe every literal word of it and tremble because they know what the Bible says will happen to them - and they are not permitted to put the gospel into practice for themselves.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did you forget?

For r]">[r]consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to s]">[s]the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no t]">[t]man may boast before God. 30 But u]">[u]by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, v]">[v]and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
That sounds like me. I'm an old, bald, fat fella with a strange New Zealand accent, living in a country where there are more sheep than people, sitting in my small suburban house with my wife and two cats!

Hey, that sheep in your picture looks like someone I know!!!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I AGREE, so long as what you "hear" can come from an Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and/or Teacher, and is weighed against Scripture. But the GIFTINGS provided to the Body of Christ is virtually discounted, and scoffed at. And It's particularly common for "pastors" to ONLY HEAR FROM GOD, as though they are the ONLY ones who "hear from GOD".

Bobby Jo

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I AGREE, so long as what you "hear" can come from an Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and/or Teacher, and is weighed against Scripture. But the GIFTINGS provided to the Body of Christ is virtually discounted, and scoffed at. And It's particularly common for "pastors" to ONLY HEAR FROM GOD, as though they are the ONLY ones who "hear from GOD".

Bobby Jo
Correct, because God himself is the given Pastoral gift listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". he, God who is the Pastor, the apostle, the prophet, and teacher, is available to all who are in the body of Christ.

PICJAG.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, because God himself is the given Pastoral gift listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". he, God who is the Pastor, the apostle, the prophet, and teacher, is available to all who are in the body of Christ.
PICJAG.

I guess we don't have a TRINITY, but instead have EIGHT (OCTA) GODS: GOD the Father; GOD the Apostle; GOD the Prophet; GOD the Evangelist; GOD the Pastor; GOD the Teacher; and Jesus; and the Holy Spirit.

With all of our NEW GODS, I guess we don't need the Body of Christ and can now disregard our fellow christians:

I LOVE it when people make manure (barnyard). It supplements the compost pile.
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, that sheep in your picture looks like someone I know!!!

"I was a young man and now I am old, and I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread" (Psalm 37:25).

Keep on keepin on hearing the shepherd.

:)

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "favorite" is the KJV because it has glaring DISTORTIONS of the Original Text, which I can criticize and you can't defend because it's indefensible! :)

Bobby Jo
How do you know what the original text says?

They have been lost for about 2000 years.

Are you hiding them from us?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know what the original text says?
They have been lost for about 2000 years.
Are you hiding them from us?
God could be.
Yet, read ROMANS chapter 2
for a peek at a perfect translation, so to speak...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In any translation I've ever seen. The KJV is not perfect, so that's not it per se, but in ROMANS 2 , the perfect word is referred to, as written by GOD.
You need to get pickier.

The KJV is the plumbline for all translations to compare themselves to.

They definitely do not all say the same thing.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to get pickier.

The KJV is the plumbline for all translations to compare themselves to.

They definitely do not all say the same thing.
I'm more "pickier" than you . I don't willingly receive nor accept nor believe any error as it seems you do.
Or, did you already read ROMANS 2 and SEE where the perfect translation is ?