Bible versions.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brett

May 25, 2007
Hello to everyone.There sure are a lot of Bibles out there today but are they all good.Have a good read of the attachment with this message and find out.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Because I only have 4 posts (5 now), I cannot view your attachment. But I was told that King James Version is the best version because it is the least changed Bible. Revelations 22:18 and 19 state that if anyone changes the Bible then God will punish them.

Brett

May 25, 2007
Hello Wakka. If you would like I can email it to you. Im at [email protected] I write on the Modern church vs the Bible.It has nothing to do with soliciting money or cults and im not a nut, just a Christian who is fed up with all the lies being taught in todays churches which cannot be verrified as truth according to Gods Word.You may find it helpfull.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
One reason we like the King James so well here is because when you use it with the Stongs concordance you can translate every word back to the orginal Hebrew/Greek to gain a fuller understanding of the word.The following site is a good one for thishttp://www.blueletterbible.org/search.html

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Sadly Brett. I say unto thee, Most Christians eithera) take or say that all modern perVersions are the "best" translation...but the KJB outdated.
cool.gif
Don't care and enjoy worldly life as they say OSAS.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.P.S.(Kriss)
One reason we like the King James so well here is because when you use it with the Stongs concordance you can translate every word back to the orginal Hebrew/Greek to gain a fuller understanding of the word.The following site is a good one for thishttp://www.blueletterbible.org/search.html
The English Bible(s) I know are the Word of God is the Genova Bible, Tyndale Bible (both of these are older than the KJB...and of course...you guess it...the King James Bible...All the modern perVersions is somewhat trying to ruin Christian Faith.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Satan is not stupid , he has been at work for centuries using his seed to edit the Holy Word so that it has become a more and more difficult to find the true meaning in the Word... God used Jeremiah to show us the beginnings of it in Jeremiah 8 5Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return. 6I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. 8How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain. Notice the scripture I Chron. 2:55 55And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab. This shows where the seed of the murderer had infiltrated the Levites to be the scribes , the beginning of the "transltion in translation" had begun.... the hiding of truth and the deception is continuing... God has given us a guide to see what teachings we should be learning from in the book of Revelations in his discourse of the churches... there were two He was pleased with and what is the common denomination of these two churches?........ the Jews that are not Jews..Revelation 2:9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 3:9.. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.Does your church or book or teacher teach about the Kenites and who they are doing to twist hide and confuse the Word, and the churches? If not you are not studying what God is pleased with but are being taken in by the enemies of God and learning more lie than truth.Did you go to a seminary that did not teach you these things? Then you are ordained in the "wrong church" and are teachings the lies of the Kenites and have become part of the synagogue of Satan unwittingly...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Betchevy)
Satan is not stupid , he has been at work for centuries using his seed to edit the Holy Word so that it has become a more and more difficult to find the true meaning in the Word...
Hu-huh, yea, I so agree with thee.
smile.gif
However Satan is stupid when he started rebelling against our Father.(Betchevy)
God used Jeremiah to show us the beginnings of it in Jeremiah 8 5Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return. 6I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. 8How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.Notice the scripture I Chron. 2:55 55And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites.These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.This shows where the seed of the murderer had infiltrated the Levites to be the scribes , the beginning of the "transltion in translation" had begun.... the hiding of truth and the deception is continuing...
It does indeed make sense that a scribe that is in vain is indeed Kenites. (AKA, the sons of Cain) But let me ask a simple question...Is the word "scribe" always referring to the Kenites?(Betchevy)
God has given us a guide to see what teachings we should be learning from in the book of Revelations in his discourse of the churches... there were two He was pleased with and what is the common denomination of these two churches?........ the Jews that are not Jews..Revelation 2:9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 3:9.. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
That is true. If the Jews and Christians love the Word and know the Word, they would not be placed in the synagogue of Satan at all.(Betchevy)
Does your church or book or teacher teach about the Kenites and who they are doing to twist hide and confuse the Word, and the churches? If not you are not studying what God is pleased with but are being taken in by the enemies of God and learning more lie than truth.Did you go to a seminary that did not teach you these things? Then you are ordained in the "wrong church" and are teachings the lies of the Kenites and have become part of the synagogue of Satan unwittingly...
I really don't think that the modern churches do not know the Kenites so well...they don't know it's of the devil. Thank God, I am extremely ignorant of religion and of Roman Catholic views.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus (Yahushua) our Lord and Saviour.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(Wakka;11271)
Because I only have 4 posts (5 now), I cannot view your attachment. But I was told that King James Version is the best version because it is the least changed Bible. Revelations 22:18 and 19 state that if anyone changes the Bible then God will punish them.
Sorry, I have too few posts as of yet as well. However, I will point out that KJV is one of the best translations, and as all translations, has loads of huge errors.The biggest among these, in my opinion, is the sixteenth century edit of a scribe in 1 John 5:8. It was in ten Greek manuscripts, and was inserted in the Vulgates or the standard Latin texts after that time. I generally go with the NIV, but it is full of it's own problem as well. For example, the reading in Jeremiah 23:5-6 reads as though 'Branch' {Messiah; Isaiah 11} is to be called 'Yaweh, our righteousness'. The septuagint might read that, but the original Hebrew clearly says; 'Who will be called by Yaweh our righteousness'.The NRSV is the one I would aim for for sound biblical study, but it takes a great level of knowledge about textual criticism to understand it in relation to other translations.I myself, like I said, use the NIV most often. However, I have the KJV, along with some very bad translations such as the "good news bible" and "the word", along with about 10 other translations I have on my computer to check with. Amplified is interestingly similar to the NIV I find.All in all though, the best bible is the one in front of you, and the clearest reading to study will be in the original manuscripts.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Yaweh is a mistranslation.. its the Germanic misspelling of Yod Hay Vav Hay...YahaVeh...shouldn't we TRY to use correct pronunciation and spelling of the HOLY NAME? and btw Jehovah is also a mistranslation... no J's in the Hebrew language....why would anyone come under a teaching that even gets the name of God wrong?