Bible was never written to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was just someone who helped me out in understanding more about the audience concerning the Bible. I do no worship him. He is just a friend, and a person who I needed to really stand up and to continue in not only my own research but also see what maybe I never heard of before, and considered. He was someone who always stated off with a prayer before and after lessons, always been a person in which encourages people no to believe him, and to seek out the truth for themselves and to test and challenge not only him but others pastors and things of that nature. I never had a dad, this guy is and still is a brother to me in Christ, who I needed to learn more information about the Lord and over the past several years I learned a good bit, I need to restart making my own lessons again for future videos.

I'm sure Shawn is a good man, and thank you for his Resume, but could I get you to answer the question that I asked?

The Bible is not written to you.

You said this in your first post.

I responded and said, how's that? Will you help me understand the truth of it?

You can’t find a scripture that says “and every generation from then on submit to everything written in this book.” There was a generation which Jesus spoke of in his time which would be the end of their generation along with the twelve tribes of Israel for putting the Son of God, Son of Man to death.

This is your answer to me. A dodge. You are the OP. Substantiate your OP message, enquiring minds want to know.

Or wouldnt you help a confused Brother in Christ which asks a question about something you are expert on? Where are you at on this? You stated a conclusion. Now let's see your homework. No More Dodging It! AT least try...

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t that just reminding Timothy of the usefulness of the Old Testament concerning now in the light of the the Lord Yeshua? He would share the stories of Israel and Yahavah and their journey to Egypt and being pulled out, and so and so forth now revealing the Lord Yeshua in the picture and his overcoming, and how now people are able to overcome by the teachings founded within them by the holy spirit and spirit of Christ. It’s not talking about the Gospels or the Letters is it?

“Especially when he (Timothy) is going to Crete; whom are deemed by their own prophet they are lazy gluttonous”
No Yahavah in the Christian Bible!

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. It doesn’t matter if you agree or not. The Bible was not written to you, that’s a fact. When it comes down to thing such as “oh no Matthew is not a believer like us,” we need to correct him. I’m not to worried about one’s own concern… I’m not to worried if a person disagrees, I’ll explain why…

Quit twisting it around. I'm saying in response to the premise of your posts, wow I have never heard what you said before. It sounds interesting, but will you be able to help me understand why the Bible is not written to me?

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying, can you show me why you are right?
You havent so far.

Reactions: Ritajanice

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was written for you in order to have ability to even access more information about Yahava. T

That is good! I agree right there!

That reminds me. I asked you a question and you might have missed it? So I'll ask again. I asked, how often do you read your Bible?

How often should we as dutiful Christians read the Word?

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you believe things like this tend to go missed?
Just a lack of understanding what they read. If a letter was written to the Corinthians, addressing their issues of their day, it wasn't written to us as is clear by the salutation. So, one must simply recognize that first, and then look at what was being said to THEM, and then determine how and if it has any direct applicability to us, or indirect applicability. Just slow, careful, reading followed by an understanding of how they may be applied to us today. The issues of the early church and near term remedies God set in motion back then were for the most part much different then those issues of the present day as well as how God deals with them and us today. This is why there us so much confusion on topics such as spiritual gifts or manifestations of the spirit. They were needed then and instituted for that period accordingly, but not now. Also, in the aforementioned example of letters to the Corinthians, it addressed THEIR specific, CONGREGATIONAL issues, yet people today read the Corinthian letters as though the were written to us today as a church universally. Did the Corinthians have different issues than the Ephesians? Probably. Did the Ephesians have different issues than the Galatians? Probably. And just look at the 7 churches of Asia in Revelation. Some good some bad, some on track and some not so much. So the letters once again, WEREN'T addressed to us, and for sure not to us today universally as one giant, global church, but they are compiled for our learning, as some of us may have similar issues severally as individuals, or congregationaly as local churches as well.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure Shawn is a good man, and thank you for his Resume, but could I get you to answer the question that I asked?

You said this in your first post.

I responded and said, how's that? Will you help me understand the truth of it?

This is your answer to me. A dodge. You are the OP. Substantiate your OP message, enquiring minds want to know.

Or wouldnt you help a confused Brother in Christ which asks a question about something you are expert on? Where are you at on this? You stated a conclusion. Now let's see your homework. No More Dodging It! AT least try...

Quit twisting it around. I'm saying in response to the premise of your posts, wow I have never heard what you said before. It sounds interesting, but will you be able to help me understand why the Bible is not written to me?

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying, can you show me why you are right?
You havent so far.

That is good! I agree right there!

That reminds me. I asked you a question and you might have missed it? So I'll ask again. I asked, how often do you read your Bible?

How often should we as dutiful Christians read the Word?

I refuse by the act of freedom to even engage, bud.

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a lack of understanding what they read. If a letter was written to the Corinthians, addressing their issues of their day, it wasn't written to us as is clear by the salutation. So, one must simply recognize that first, and then look at what was being said to THEM, and then determine how and if it has any direct applicability to us, or indirect applicability. Just slow, careful, reading followed by an understanding of how they may be applied to us today. The issues of the early church and near term remedies God set in motion back then were for the most part much different then those issues of the present day as well as how God deals with them and us today. This is why there us so much confusion on topics such as spiritual gifts or manifestations of the spirit. They were needed then and instituted for that period accordingly, but not now. Also, in the aforementioned example of letters to the Corinthians, it addressed THEIR specific, CONGREGATIONAL issues, yet people today read the Corinthian letters as though the were written to us today as a church universally. Did the Corinthians have different issues than the Ephesians? Probably. Did the Ephesians have different issues than the Galatians? Probably. And just look at the 7 churches of Asia in Revelation. Some good some bad, some on track and some not so much. So the letters once again, WEREN'T addressed to us, and for sure not to us today universally as one giant, global church, but they are compiled for our learning, as some of us may have similar issues severally as individuals, or congregationaly as local churches as well.
Thank you for sharing this, with everyone to consider your insights, djt

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Article from 2020.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anything in the Bible you believe is God's written Word?
What do you mean? Is there anything in the Bible you believe is Gods written word?

I believe that people can go back earlier than the King James Version and use a Greek or Hebrew, version of the Bible to get as close to one can get if a person desires to get to as close to true as one can get to.

Other than that. The Bible is just a material book, which has information concerning God relating to Mankind, and His love for them to restore what was lost in the beginning.

If anyone studies a Bible and it leads the to become a hateful person and condemning others; based on their beliefs: or their own perspectives which people are allowed to have, they may be in need of a heart check.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's all you got?

I knew it was. You never could explain why you believe what you say you believe.

So why did you start the thread?
You can share the verses you suggested earlier if you would like to. To keep going back and forth with you though is growing old, I’ll just add to the ignore list if you aren’t gonna wise up anymore… soon. @MA2444

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean? Is there anything in the Bible you believe is Gods written word?

I believe that people can go back earlier than the King James Version and use a Greek or Hebrew, version of the Bible to get as close to one can get if a person desires to get to as close to true as one can get to.

Other than that. The Bible is just a material book, which has information concerning God relating to Mankind, and His love for them to restore what was lost in the beginning.

If anyone studies a Bible and it leads the to become a hateful person and condemning others; based on their beliefs: or their own perspectives which people are allowed to have, it may be in need of a heart check.
IOW, your problem is with God of the Bible, as you have already clearly stated. No wonder you don't believe in Hell that Jesus clearly warned us about.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IOW, your problem is with God of the Bible.
I don’t have a problem with God who had his own people killed. Gods wrath was on full display in the Old Testament.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack what is your problem with me? And why do you desire to communicate so much with me when you look down upon me? And always make the same remarks all the time? You could just always just walk away but you love visiting I guess with me. You sweet heart you.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack what is your problem with me? And why do you desire to communicate so much with me when you look down upon me? And always make the same remarks all the time? You could just always just walk away but you love visiting I guess with me. You sweet heart you.
You attack the Bible like Satan. I defend the Bible.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You attack the Bible like Satan. I defend the Bible.
What is attacking the Bible? Do you worship the Bible? You could be someone off there rocker as well! Gotta be careful out here on the internet. There are people who like to hurt other people, and feed of just being negative but perhaps in their own mind they are right.

Idk. It gets old.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is attacking the Bible?
Your doctrines.
Do you worship the Bible?
I worship God of the Bible. His Name is Jesus.
You could be someone off there rocker as well!
Well I was kind of wondering that about you. lol
Gotta be careful out here on the internet. There are people who like to hurt other people, and feed of just being negative but perhaps in their own mind they are right.

Idk. It gets old.
Stop attacking our Bible and playing the victim!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t that just reminding Timothy of the usefulness of the Old Testament concerning now in the light of the the Lord Yeshua? He would share the stories of Israel and Yahavah and their journey to Egypt and being pulled out, and so and so forth now revealing the Lord Yeshua in the picture and his overcoming, and how now people are able to overcome by the teachings founded within them by the holy spirit and spirit of Christ. It’s not talking about the Gospels or the Letters is it?
It's not, I agree. I just like the God-breathed reference when I'm thinking about what it means to be inspired.