Bible was never written to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't my question. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 aside (good verse for the conclusion, though), do you agree or disagree that Matt. 16:28 supports the conclusion that Jesus will return? Why is it so hard for you to answer this simple question?
It has nothing to do with Jesus' return. Prove it does.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many were in God's Kingdom well before Jesus' return.
No doubt, but what future event was Jesus referencing when he said "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt, but what future event was Jesus referencing when he said "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
They witnessed His resurrection!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misunderstandings are quite common.
True. Have you ever experienced one yourself in reading through the Scriptures? If so, how did you come to see that your initial understanding was incorrect?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. Have you ever experienced one yourself in reading through the Scriptures? If so, how did you come to see that your initial understanding was incorrect?
I was referring to people discussing the Bible. We just had a misunderstanding. lol

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been STUDYING the Bible nearly half a century. I don't trust people's opinions about the Bible. I trust the LITERAL Bible.
And in that nearly half-century, did you ever misunderstand a passage, and later come to understand it differently?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in that nearly half-century, did you ever misunderstand a passage, and later come to understand it differently?
What I "misunderstood" was when I listened to preachers. They were greatly confused. I stick to the Bible.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't my question. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 aside (good verse for the conclusion, though), do you agree or disagree that Matt. 16:28 supports the conclusion that Jesus will return? Why is it so hard for you to answer this simple question?

Mind if I take a stab at it.

Yes it supports that Jesus will return again. (Clearly, to me).

Reactions: RedFan

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All new Christians have misunderstandings of the Bible. It takes many years of DILIGENT study to clear things up!
Are you now at the stage where you are immune form misinterpretations of the Bible?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you now at the stage where you are immune form misinterpretations of the Bible?
I'm a Bible Literalist. I have MANY Bibles I have compared for years. I don't trust preachers. Jesus warned us that Satan disguises himself as a Christian.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,

Reactions: MA2444

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a Bible Literalist. I have MANY Bibles I have compared for years. I don't trust preachers. Jesus warned us that Satan disguises himself as a Christian.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,
So, is your answer "Yes, I am now immune from misinterpretations," or is it "No, I can still be mistaken on how to interpret something"?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, is your answer "Yes, I am now immune from misinterpretations," or is it "No, I can still be mistaken on how to interpret something"?
I suggest you ask yourself that question.