Bible was never written to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean? Is there anything in the Bible you believe is Gods written word?

I believe that people can go back earlier than the King James Version and use a Greek or Hebrew, version of the Bible to get as close to one can get if a person desires to get to as close to true as one can get to.

Other than that. The Bible is just a material book, which has information concerning God relating to Mankind, and His love for them to restore what was lost in the beginning.

If anyone studies a Bible and it leads the to become a hateful person and condemning others; based on their beliefs: or their own perspectives which people are allowed to have, they may be in need of a heart check.

There you go again, playing like your some kind of victim. WHat's with that? Is this just men talking or do you need special treatment to talk to men? Do you have special pronouns and stuff too? No? Good. Then you should be able to talk to us like men talk with no owies, lol.

Do you even know why you believe what you believe? That's simple enough.

You can share the verses you suggested earlier if you would like to. To keep going back and forth with you though is growing old, I’ll just add to the ignore list if you aren’t gonna wise up anymore… soon. @MA2444

WHy wont you share any verses which support your view? Why wont you answer me how much do you read your Bible?

Put me on ignore, I dont care. WHat is that anyway? A Millenial threat? Lol! Geez, boy. Grow some thicker skin.

Reactions: Jack

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not, I agree. I just like the God-breathed reference when I'm thinking about what it means to be inspired.
That is fine Redfan. Thank you for sharing. I’m reminded just of the letter in general and how it is to Timothy, and his journey to convert people in the Crete area. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go again, playing like your some kind of victim. WHat's with that? Is this just men talking or do you need special treatment to talk to men? Do you have special pronouns and stuff too? No? Good. Then you should be able to talk to us like men talk with no owies, lol.

Do you even know why you believe what you believe? That's simple enough.

WHy wont you share any verses which support your view? Why wont you answer me how much do you read your Bible?

Put me on ignore, I dont care. WHat is that anyway? A Millenial threat? Lol! Geez, boy. Grow some thicker skin.

I’m just trying to go in peace by the spirit. If people think it’s funny, or trying to get a role of my attention; just know it’s obvious, you yourself are desiring attention.

Why do you continue to go around and over and over the same things being counterintuitive just because you accuse me of playing victim.

If a woman told you she was harassing her, it would be a different story wouldn’t it? You are harassing me which against the forum rules.

You could go make your own forum thread on the subject at hand - which I believe you have said you believe it’s written to you. That is fine, it doesn’t change my mind on the subject at hand because it was never written to you.

People also have commented in the same manner, and I’ve addressed it with you multiple times that none of it was written to you, but continue to goad, and prod… it’s the same with Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are harassing me which against the forum rules.
What do you call what you said to me?

MatthewG:"You could be someone off there rocker as well! Gotta be careful out here on the internet. There are people who like to hurt other people,and feed of just being negative but perhaps in their own mind they are right."

And all because you didn't like my simple question, Is there anything in the Bible you believe is God's written Word?

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2444

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t have any hope of seeing Jesus coming back; that was a promise to the people then at that time; yet…

People continue to say the Bible was written to them. That would being in the case of what is really real here? Was just just joking about the things he said concerning his people? Jesus must have been lying and so where the apostles to whom they wrote to. They were just kidding with those people to continue to watch and remainful for the Lords return.

I don’t know what your hope involves…
So you are waiting for the physical manifestation of the Lord.
And because you don't see it, your having a hard time grasping that the Gospel and the words written in the Bible were were written for you today.

I know someone can tell me but off the tp of my head I don't know how many generations went by between Moses and Jesus.
Something like ( I googled it) 1513 years.
Everything Moses was told to record was prophesied to happen at a later time. The fulfillment of those things wouldn't be manifested until generations later.
And yet everything Moses wrote about was manifested to that very generation Jesus was born into.
How many times does he say "This generation shall not pass until all things are fulfilled" ?
1513 years later.

We're are up to 2000 years I think we are there now, if Jesus was born in 4BC as some say, then it is now 2020 years into the future.
And yet to God a thousand years is a day, even a blink of an eye. So you could say it's only been 2 days since Jesus came to save the world.
Jesus didn't say he only came to save the lost sheep, he was sent specifically for them, but he also was to be a light unto the gentiles and any that would believe on his name.

Jesus told Thomas who doubted, that he was blessed for believing because he had seen, but more blessed were those who believed and had not seen.

You know in the book of Romans chapter 8 verse 22, Paul talks about all of creation groaning, waiting for the new world that is to come.
Rom 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

We arestill waiting with patienceand we have hope that what we have been promised will come to pass, just as the Abraham and Isaac and Jacob hoped.
None of them saw the fulfillment but they believed that God would fulfill his promises. Not just to some but to all who believed.

And Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant and the creator of a New Covenant.
This day isn't over just because we don't see it yet. But we believe it is not far off.
But in the meantime we should be living and conducting ourselves as if we are already there.
Just because we don't see the manifestation of God's Kingdom doesn't make it not real. It's spiritual Matthew.
It's in your heart and in your mind and in your soul, where God is all the time.

I'll be praying for you brother that you don't fall away from the faith.
God loves you, always has and always will.
Because the Bible tells me so. And I believe what God says and I believe what is written.

Hugs

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is fine Redfan. Thank you for sharing. I’m reminded just of the letter in general and how it is to Timothy, and his journey to convert people in the Crete area. :)
I've noticed a lot of folks on this site who point to 2 Tim. 3:16 as support for NT writings being God-breathed -- as if Paul in using the word graphē was also referring to his own letters, and other letters and gospels (some of which hadn't yet been written when 2 Timothy was penned).

It has always been a mystery to me why anyone would think this. Whether NT writings are God-breathed and inspired writings is not something I challenge. But to use 2 Tim. 3:16 as support for that conclusion is, to my thinking, just silly.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m faithful @Ziggy. I’m not waiting for Jesus return. I’m way past believing he is coming anymore. He came to those people as promised. You can disagree though with me and tell me I am wrong if you desire.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m faithful @Ziggy. I’m not waiting for Jesus return. I’m way past believing he is coming anymore. He came to those people as promised. You can disagree though with me and tell me I am wrong if you desire.
Well brother, we'll be waiting for you.
Much Love
Hugs
:)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if you have a different interpretation of Matt. 16:28 than I do.
What does that have to do with Matt's comment? He said Jesus will not return. So you agree with Matt?

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with Matt's comment? He said Jesus will not return. So you agree with Matt?
No I don't. To the contrary, I think Matt. 16:28 suggests a return of Jesus. Just wondering if you agree with me. Some folks don't, and see the verse as a reference to an event that has already occurred.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don't. To the contrary, I think Matt. 16:28 suggests a return of Jesus. Just wondering if you agree with me. Some folks don't, and see the verse as a reference to an event that has already occurred.
I'm sure Jesus will return SOON. All the signs are here.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure Jesus will return SOON. All the signs are here.
Not sure whether to take that answer as "Yes, I agree with your interpretation of Matt. 16:28" or "No, I don't agree with your interpretation of Matt. 16:28."

To be clear, I am not asking whether Jesus will return. I am asking whether you think Matt. 16:28 supports that conclusion.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure whether to take that answer as "Yes, I agree with your interpretation of Matt. 16:28" or "No, I don't agree with your interpretation of Matt. 16:28."

To be clear, I am not asking whether Jesus will return. I am asking whether you think Matt. 16:28 supports that conclusion.
You need to quote it for all to see.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m just trying to go in peace by the spirit. If people think it’s funny, or trying to get a role of my attention; just know it’s obvious, you yourself are desiring attention.

Why do you continue to go around and over and over the same things being counterintuitive just because you accuse me of playing victim.

If a woman told you she was harassing her, it would be a different story wouldn’t it? You are harassing me which against the forum rules.

You could go make your own forum thread on the subject at hand - which I believe you have said you believe it’s written to you. That is fine, it doesn’t change my mind on the subject at hand because it was never written to you.

People also have commented in the same manner, and I’ve addressed it with you multiple times that none of it was written to you, but continue to goad, and prod… it’s the same with Jack.

I'm harrassing you? You started a thread so I didnt quite understand where you were coming from and I asked you a couple simple questions. WHy wont you answer any questions?

That's not harassment and (I think) your not a girl. So why talk like a girl and whine and stuff? If you just gimme an answer you wouldnt have to go into these long diatribes about oh he is harassing me. Somebody Help!

Why wont you put me on ignore? You threatened to and I'm still here.

...wondering how much you really do read your Bible.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to quote it for all to see.
If it will help me get a straight answer from you, I'm happy to give the quote: "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Reactions: MA2444

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it will help me get a straight answer from you, I'm happy to give the quote: "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
I read it and has nothing to do with:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you mean the simple questions that I have asked you. I keep bringing them up because I would like an answer and you havent answered yet.

You havent given one answer other than, Wah.

Reactions: Jack

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read it and has nothing to do with:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
That wasn't my question. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 aside (good verse for the conclusion, though), do you agree or disagree that Matt. 16:28 supports the conclusion that Jesus will return? Why is it so hard for you to answer this simple question?