Bible was never written to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible was never written to Jack, in Georgia state. Why do many people think or say it is written to us? Making demands about what to believe or not to believe?

I believe it was written for us, but not to us?

Reactions: Spyder

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible was never written to Jack, in Georgia state. Why do many people think or say it is written to us? Making demands about what to believe or not to believe?

Yes, it was addressed in some cases to certain people. And God clearly said it's all useful for all of us. I think the real question is whether or not we are committed to it's truth, or if we are choosing which parts to believe, and follow.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should women shut their mouths in church settings like Paul said then? You know living to be apart of the bride of Christ today, you would need to apply everything down to the smallest measure, like measuring the temple for example. You got a thin line between applying everything to everyone if that is the case. And a lot to measure up to part of that Church, amiright?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Job, is the oldest book in the Bible.

Job could have said...>"Jesus is not for us"

Noah could have said it.

King David could have said it.

And that would not be true, as Jesus is Redemption.....for us all.......but most especially regarding those who BELIEVE.

So, the best way to understand why the Bible showed up, is... to know that God will always preserve His word.
And, Just like Jesus was in God's Foreknowledge, before Satan ever fell........the BIBLE, the NEW TESTAMENT was in God's foreknowledge, before Jesus was ever born of a Virgin.

There is this situation with God......that is...>>"i'll bring it to pass"....>"for such a time as this"........and that is How God does it.
He brings to pass what His foreknowledge has known.

The JEWS were given the Old Testament.
The "body of Christ" were given the New Testament.

All "in God's Timing".

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey thank you for sharing @Behold. Idk remember who called the New Testament the New Testament, Turtellion?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hey thank you for sharing @Behold. Idk remember who called the New Testament the New Testament, Turtellion?

A "testament" is a proclamation.

So, regarding the word of God, the "old Testament" is a testament to God's dealing with Jews, specifically..

The "NEW Testament" is the ongoing record that is still revealing = God's beginning the "body of Christ", and its through the Blood of Jesus, this "blood atonement" that is a Testimony that Christ is indeed the New Testament and New Covenant.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe someone else wrote it requires there being someone else which would be the missing of the very message.
The Bible is gospel, is heaven.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Yeah, that's written to me!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In a very narrow technical sense, you are correct. The New Testament was written to the Ephesians, Galatians, etc.

However of all the letters, and accounts and revelations written, God in His sovereignty chose the ones that could also be written to us and not just for us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In a technical [as @Ronald Nolette has said] carnal sense, perhaps you would be right... but then is it not God who inspired all of the writers to write what they did both to, as well as for, every reader?

Ac 2:39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Who has God called? Who is yet to be called by God? Where does one these days encounter many of those promises, if not in the written Bible?

Who brings the promises to Life in the hearts of those called? Let us be very slow indeed to exclude anyone. Too many will, I believe, exclude themselves!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, Matt doesn't believe Jesus will return. He also believes that Yeshua BECAME the Lord God Almighty.

• Wow
Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
FYI, Matt doesn't believe Jesus will return. He also believes that Yeshua BECAME the Lord God Almighty.

Well, if he's still down here once the Bride is "up there", do you think he'll believe that UFO's took us all away?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Very possibly.

The "Media" will have to explain why and how millions and perhaps a few billion people "left the planet" and didnt take their clothes.

And recently, we are told that the USA has 6 or 12??? "alien spaceships"..

So, connect the dots...

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Media" will have to explain why and how millions and perhaps a few billion people "left the planet" and didnt take their clothes.

And recently, we are told that the USA has "alien spaceships"..

So, connect the dots...
I agree! How can you tell when media is lying? Whenever they speak.

Reactions: amigo de christo

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably because I am a Jehovah's Witness, I cannot conceive of any servant of God or true Christian who would not wish to acquire all his knowledge from the Bible as its most direct source.

There can be no discernment about right or wrong without the Word of God. Even Jesus himself considered it this way:

John 10:35 (...) the scripture cannot be nullified

This is a key text:

John 17:17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

Reactions: Cassandra

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree! How can you tell when media is lying? Whenever they speak.

Most of the USA media ,and much of the rest of the world's media is anti-Christ. So, this means that their TRUTH is not God's Truth.

Generally speaking, if the News says its true, then that good sign that you need to become skeptical.

I was glad to read that the USA Supreme Court didn't allow Colorado to keep D. Trump off of the November Presidential Election Ballot.
As if they had allowed this, then that is a "precedent" that all other Democratic Led States would have pursued, asap.

And the reality is.. The USA is sustained by Votes and Elections.
Americans have a RIGHT to vote for the candidate they want.. and No state and no "legislative body" and certainly no Marxist Led Media has the right to deny Trump or Biden or anyone their RIGHT to run for office.
The Dems in the USA have been weaponizing the Gov and the Courts and the Media against Trump to try to block Him from running for President because Biden needs this, if he is to stay in the White House.

The US Supreme Court has over-ruled the Democratic Marxist PLOT., and that's good for America, but not so good for Biden.
And that's also a good thing.

Biden is the "good Catholic" who supports killing babies in the womb, and letting everything that can jump, roll, run, or crawl, across a US border, "come on in, as we love the NEW-Comers" as the party of Biden, re-defined the Illegals, this last week.
Biden is the one who stood in a Church, 3 yrs ago, and said...>"Lets turn in our bible to the Palm's "

"Palms".

Like the palm of your hand..

I think I heard Mother Mary try to GAG, that day.

Right.
That's the mentally LAME USA President, who is currently trying to dictate to Israel how to deal with Hamas and Iran, and all other Terrorists.

Good luck with that "joe".

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it was addressed in some cases to certain people. And God clearly said it's all useful for all of us. I think the real question is whether or not we are committed to it's truth, or if we are choosing which parts to believe, and follow.

Much love!
2 Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

That text clearly states that to "set things straight" and to "be fully competent" and to be "completely equipped for every good work" WE NEED THE SCRIPTURES.

Many enemies of Christians want to spread the idea that the Bible is not needed to serve God. Evidently they want to remove divine guidance to position themselves as the ones who decide in one way or another what is right or wrong. This macabre tactic is evidently a Machiavellian attempt to eliminate God's real point of view in order to establish a human point of view on things.

It is the same macabre tactic of Satan here:

Gen. 3:1 Now the serpent was the most cautious of all the wild animals of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it said to the woman: “Did God really say that you must not eat from every tree of the garden?” 2 At this the woman said to the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden. 3 But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” 4 At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.”

He told Eve: "you don't need God to know what is good or wrong".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

That text clearly states that to "set things straight" and to "be fully competent" and to be "completely equipped for every good work" WE NEED THE SCRIPTURES.
Amen!!!

I believe in putting as much Scripture in me that I can. I think the Bible is like our new DNA, and that we are re-writing our minds with Scripture.

Much love!