Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY friend GH,
I believe you are trying to help, and I am thankful you are doing what you think you need to do that way.
You are perhaps a Roman Catholic?
i am an ex RC...priests say i am a separated brethren. I have a second cousin who is a nun who speaks on catholic Tv and radio programs.... so I know what that is about, The idea they are the one true Church, but then I read a bible and God saved me out of that mess.
i like Catholics but not the false church.
So I would rather speak about Jesus and His Blood shed for sinners, not get into that Church, unless I can
remove obstacles.
If that is to take place, you have to deal with scripture...You have not responded to any of the scripture so far...

A piece of advise...do not go to the trouble of labeling me. I travel to many churches. Most of them Protestant and many denominations, but also Catholic churches. Most of the time I am in a Protestant church. The most accurate statement about me is I like Christians. Enjoy Christians as long as they are not doing weird things. Don't get on your high horse on scriptures. Understanding them is more important than quoting them and using them as bullets at each other disrespect the Word of God. That is all I have to say. You guys take it from here....commence chasing your tails. Good entertainment. Your in fighting shows the new Christians how confused you are.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread is about biblical foreknowledge.
your post containing a defense of Rc theology should be a thread by itself.
The false roman Church departs from scripture and cannot be defended.
It's not a defense of Catholicism (there is no such thing as a "roman church") It is a critique of Calvinism, which makes the same empty assertions, with no proof, as you do.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A piece of advise...do not go to the trouble of labeling me. I travel to many churches. Most of them Protestant and many denominations, but also Catholic churches. Most of the time I am in a Protestant church. The most accurate statement about me is I like Christians. Enjoy Christians as long as they are not doing weird things. Don't get on your high horse on scriptures. Understanding them is more important than quoting them and using them as bullets at each other disrespect the Word of God. That is all I have to say. You guys take it from here....commence chasing your tails. Good entertainment. Your in fighting shows the new Christians how confused you are.

Scripture is where Christians live. John and i have a clash as persons...we do not trust each other.
I do not care as much about our doctrinal differences, but rather it has become personal, not doctrinal.

there is not one universal church until the last day. there are local churches who are to unite over what they believe.
scriptures are given as a protection.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a defense of Catholicism (there is no such thing as a "roman church") It is a critique of Calvinism, which makes the same empty assertions, with no proof, as you do.
well start a new thread, post the link and pick out what you think are the 5 strongest objections, and let's see who makes empty assertions, as you claim,lol

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not know that we could keep others from reading our posts (actually, I do not believe this is true). I also do not believe that this "deleted post" exists. The BB is set up where no posts are actually deleted. They can be removed from public view but never actually deleted (that is why you were found to be in the wrong when you made the claim - the administrators could easily see a "deleted" post as it stands out).

lol no, nice try...Squire told me if anyone was going it would be me. He has no other moderators,
I was not found to be in the wrong...I just did not think on a christianboard, i needed to learn to take screen shots to prove someone was deleting posts. We both know you did..Does scripture state the divinity of Christ thread, lol still lying, unbelievable...also reformed fundamentalism... you were asked to restore it, you refused to do it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not that smart jane22. I gave you my biblical answer . I do not speculate where scripture is silent.
if you want truth that link says what i believe much clearer than I can. I know the pastor who wrote it, he is one of the most gifted persons i have ever met, and I travel everywhere.
What i say or believe does not matter, what saith the scripture is what matters.
I'm not conversing with you to determine Truth. I consult scripture & God for that.

I'm asking you what you believe to better understand what you believe. If you don't have answers, that's what it is. I do admire a person when they have the courage to admit something that they do not know.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol no, nice try...Squire told me if anyone was going it would be me. He has no other moderators,
I was not found to be in the wrong...I just did not think on a christianboard, i needed to learn to take screen shots to prove someone was deleting posts. We both know you did..Does scripture state the divinity of Christ thread, lol still lying, unbelievable...also reformed fundamentalism... you were asked to restore it, you refused to do it.

Jeremiah 13:23

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These are not the reactions befitting a Christian, @Anthony D'Arienzo .
Anthony is extremely unhappy that another Christian who subscribes to Calvinism disagrees with him. Therefore he has resorted to personal attacks.

The simple solution for Anthony (and all Calvinists) would be to dump Calvinism altogether and stick with Bible truth.

The Gospel must be preached IN ALL THE WORLD AND TO EVERY CREATURE for the simple reason that God desires the salvation of all mankind (Mt 28:18-20; Mk 16:15,16).

Getting back to divine foreknowledge, election, and predestination, it is perfectly clear as to what it is for: TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON (Rom 8:29).

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well start a new thread, post the link and pick out what you think are the 5 strongest objections, and let's see who makes empty assertions, as you claim,lol
55 Critiques of John Calvin: Introduction & Master List
That is what it says it is. There are no objections, but critiques. 55 of them. And you haven't quoted any of them yet claim they contain empty assertions. Another empty assertion on your part. The whole site is hyperlinked for anyone to pick there own 5 for additional reading. I don't need to start a thread; I am following the flow of the discussion. Contrary to prevailing ignorance and bigotry, we have the right to defend ourselves the same as you.

I posted the link as a resource for anyone who is intellectually honest enough to read about well-thought-out responses to Calvin's irrational anti-Catholicism; not for you to throw up stupid insults based on nothing but blind prejudice.

I just posted a link; you can read it or ignore it, but don't pretend you are automatically familiar with the arguments.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You both seem to be reasonably intelligent. But I keep saying that these battles are caused by people that cannot see the forest for the trees. You need to step back and look at the spirit of Christ, the spirit of Christianity. I have pointed out that there are literally tens of thousands of Protestant denominations. Why not pick one that does not slander God? Why would you pick Calvinism / Predestination-ism? Would God send His only begotten Son to set up a system of control? If He was going to control it why would you send your Son to be horribly tortured and nailed to a cross? The scenario of mind control are the things that horror flicks are made up of. The concept of the elite has caused the worst of evil in history. Is it fair? If you have all these possibilities of interpretations, why not look at the spirit of Christ and His mission? Christ died for us to make a choice. He and the Apostles worked very hard to get people to make a choice to be saved. He and His Father sacrificed. God so loved the word that gave His only begotten Son. The Father made a sacrifice too! Was this for mind control? Was this to control people’s choices. The concept makes no sense no matter what level of predestination you are talking about. If I did not think you two were intelligent I would not waste my button pushing. You do not want to put Satan out of business because God took over making people sin. Step back and think before it is too late.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what it says it is. There are no objections, but critiques. 55 of them. And you haven't quoted any of them yet claim they contain empty assertions. Another empty assertion on your part. The whole site is hyperlinked for anyone to pick there own 5 for additional reading. I don't need to start a thread; I am following the flow of the discussion. Contrary to prevailing ignorance and bigotry, we have the right to defend ourselves the same as you.

I posted the link as a resource for anyone who is intellectually honest enough to read about well-thought-out responses to Calvin's irrational anti-Catholicism; not for you to throw up stupid insults based on nothing but blind prejudice.

I just posted a link; you can read it or ignore it, but don't pretend you are automatically familiar with the arguments.
Your link is off topic here.
I am familiar with the arguments having talked to several priests confirming they have defective ideas, following the church rather than the

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You both seem to be reasonably intelligent. But I keep saying that these battles are caused by people that cannot see the forest for the trees. You need to step back and look at the spirit of Christ, the spirit of Christianity. I have pointed out that there are literally tens of thousands of Protestant denominations. Why not pick one that does not slander God? Why would you pick Calvinism / Predestination-ism? Would God send His only begotten Son to set up a system of control? If He was going to control it why would you send your Son to be horribly tortured and nailed to a cross? The scenario of mind control are the things that horror flicks are made up of. The concept of the elite has caused the worst of evil in history. Is it fair? If you have all these possibilities of interpretations, why not look at the spirit of Christ and His mission? Christ died for us to make a choice. He and the Apostles worked very hard to get people to make a choice to be saved. He and His Father sacrificed. God so loved the word that gave His only begotten Son. The Father made a sacrifice too! Was this for mind control? Was this to control people’s choices. The concept makes no sense no matter what level of predestination you are talking about. If I did not think you two were intelligent I would not waste my button pushing. You do not want to put Satan out of business because God took over making people sin. Step back and think before it is too late.
Gh,
We do not pick an interpretation.
Scripture is God making known His eternal purpose to the Church.Eph3:9-11.
The death of the cross was the centerpiece of Redemption.Acts2:33.
Hebrews 10:10-14.
That was written before you or I were born.
It is a matter of believing God.
You want to believe God don't you?
Christ did not die for us to make a choice. He died because we were guilty under the law. Gal4:4

If you had a three yr.old son who was running into the street chasing a ball and was about to be crushed by a steam roller, would you wait and see what choice he would make? Or would you save him.
Biblically those elected were already hit by the steam roller and dead. God Grant's them life from the dead Eph2:1-10

Last edited:

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony is extremely unhappy that another Christian who subscribes to Calvinism disagrees with him. Therefore he has resorted to personal attacks.

The simple solution for Anthony (and all Calvinists) would be to dump Calvinism altogether and stick with Bible truth.

The Gospel must be preached IN ALL THE WORLD AND TO EVERY CREATURE for the simple reason that God desires the salvation of all mankind (Mt 28:18-20; Mk 16:15,16).

Getting back to divine foreknowledge, election, and predestination, it is perfectly clear as to what it is for: TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON (Rom 8:29).
I agree. I think Anthony D'Arienzo sees the only sin greater than a rejection of Calvinism is a Calvinist that disagrees with him. This, to him, is an unforgivable transgression that warrants his wrath.

The disagreement between Anthony and me began with my denial of the idea God separated from Jesus on the cross. This is the "sin" to which he alluded (I had stated that the Father forsook Christ to suffer the cross but that God did not separate Himself from Jesus) was my apology to another for bringing scripture to his theology fight (I thought it was funny, but aparently that board lacked my humor).

In that conversation Anthony D mentions, he even said that he did not see anything inappropriate in my posts (there). Yet here it has turned into me having posted lies warranting exclusion. It is all politics - defending his "camp" come what may.

The crux of our disagreement is that I stand with Christians who are not Calvinists (many are anti-Calvinism) when they honestly deal with scripture yet arrive at a different interpretation than I hold. The difference is Anthony starts with the system he chose (Calvinism) and then goes to scripture through that lens. Calvinism is, as Anthony has stated, literally his gospel (in contrast to Spurgeon's statement using similar words).

I am a Calvinist because the five points reflects my understanding of God's work in redemption. But this is my understanding. I believed the exact same gospel 40 years ago when I was saved as a non-Calvinist. I am a Christian, not a disciple of Calvinism.

I cannot dump Calvinism (insofar as its original intent dealing with divine providence) because it reflects how I understand Scripture. But you will find I differ quite a bit from Anthony when we move from this soteriological spot. Calvinism does not cause me to deny scripture.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why lie JonC? Stop it.
I told you I do not care about your aberrant views.
You calling your self a calvinist is like someone saying they are playing chess without a king or Queen on the board,lol
Our difference is your ethics.
I get along just fine with Christian's who hold other views.
You have not been honest with Enoch111.
You are not really answering him, but as he desires to attack the truth you cozy up to him and once again attack me.
Get help JonC.
Once again..I do not need a spokesman.
If I want to say anything I can post in my own words, not your twisted perversion of what I say.
The example you offered is not truthful as I did not even comment on that. It was Biblicist or Mm who dismantled your falsehoods on that when you denied penal substitution.
Are you slipping mentally ? Not trying to be funny, but your recall is off quite a bit. Are you ok ?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of the matter is there was never a "missing post". The staff here cam probably testify to how the system works (I suspect it is the same). You had been warned about abusing others, about inappropriate language, and insults over 25 times and not by me!

Anthony, please consider your behavior. When we share the gospel in word but deny the gospel in deed we demonstrate a gospel message that is powerless to change lives (to change a leopard's spots).

Again, is this the proper interactions of a believer:

Please consider that we will be accountable for every word. Consider how you converse. Think about how you interact. You were banned at least three times before on the BB. You recived over 25 warnings for abusive posts (and not by or to me).

More people seem to take issue with Calvinists who hate the breathern who disagree with them than they do with Calvinism itself. I can't blame others for guarding against Calvinism because it seems often to create a sect opposed to Christ more than it highlights the gospel of Christ. This is not the fault of the doctrine but the result of people exchanging the gosoel for their understanding of it (those for whom Calvinism is literally their gospel).
Again you lie, can't help it can you?
You had to admit you deleted the post.
You gave the excuse that Martin requested you take it down,lol
First you denied the post saying you are not going to take the Calvinists from correcting you anymore.
Then you denied that the post existed, you said I have a vivid imagination,

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of the matter is there was never a "missing post". The staff here cam probably testify to how the system works (I suspect it is the same). You had been warned about abusing others, about inappropriate language, and insults over 25 times and not by me!

Anthony, please consider your behavior. When we share the gospel in word but deny the gospel in deed we demonstrate a gospel message that is powerless to change lives (to change a leopard's spots).

Again, is this the proper interactions of a believer:

Please consider that we will be accountable for every word. Consider how you converse. Think about how you interact. You were banned at least three times before on the BB. You recived over 25 warnings for abusive posts (and not by or to me).

More people seem to take issue with Calvinists who hate the breathern who disagree with them than they do with Calvinism itself. I can't blame others for guarding against Calvinism because it seems often to create a sect opposed to Christ more than it highlights the gospel of Christ. This is not the fault of the doctrine but the result of people exchanging the gosoel for their understanding of it (those for whom Calvinism is literally their gospel).
Lol
.yes there was. You posted it as you melted down, said Martin ,biblicist and Sg, myself and others have no integrity, are dishonest, cannot be trusted, and 3 or 4 other remarks.
You deleted it. When we asked you said you never posted or deleted it...lol
That is not true,several weeks after you finally admitted the post was made by you...you lied saying Martin requested you to take it down...lol
Martin denied your claim.
Do you want me to have him come over here and embarrass you publically?
Can you be truthful? Try it JonC
.many Christian's like be truthful.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gh,
We do not pick an interpretation.
Scripture is God making known His eternal purpose to the Church.Eph3:9-11.
The death of the cross was the centerpiece of Redemption.Acts2:33.
Hebrews 10:10-14.
That was written before you or I were born.
It is a matter of believing God.
You want to believe God don't you?
Christ did not die for us to make a choice. He died because we were guilty under the law. Gal4:4

If you had a three yr.old son who was running into the street chasing a ball and was about to be crushed by a steam roller, would you wait and see what choice he would make? Or would you save him.
Biblically those elected were already hit by the steam roller and dead. God Grant's them life from the dead Eph2:1-10

Save the kid,. but has nothing to do with this topic.

God inspired, Holy Spirit led....they all say that from every person to every religion....I guess there is a lot you do not notice.....bubble. lol

Had a preacher come to my door promoting the youth program at his church and told me that his church preached the full Gospel. Looked him in the eye and said, Do you know of a church that says that they only preach half the Gospel? I don't have time for the full thing. lol One of the best preachers I ever met and what a voice, him and his wife could sing like angels.

Know the Bible forwards and backwards, backwards and forward at the language level, save your scriptures

You know something, there is something called a persecution complex. You pick a religion that you know people are going to find despicable, twist the scriptures sadly, and vote yourself the elicit. You know you are going to catch some heat on that....a lot of Calvinists like to feel like they are persecuted....it is mental thing.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing too many things - rolling up precieved accounts of wrongs into one fictitious event.

MM's post was in a thread (not in MM's thread) which was removed from public view as a staff decision because of the OP (not because of MM's post).

The "deleted post" of mine (the one that you objected to) was never deleted. It remains in its original form today on the thread. You think it was changed because you misread a sentence (as I told you, any staff member can verify this, you responded that the administration was dishonest and belittled Squire in his efforts).

The question to ask, however, is why you insist on keeping a record of perceived wrongs when such is not befitting a disciple of Jesus Christ?
Haha... I have a copy of you saying you deleted the post. I have a copy of you saying Martin requested it.when I get online on my laptop I will post the evidence,lol
I have the screenshot now to prove you are lying right now here.
I said no such thing about squire. You are trying to be my spokesman.
When I post your lie for all to see, what will you say
This time???:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo ,

I only want the best for you, the things of Christ. I do mot see a benefit in moving one board to another.

I see that your clique is present here. preacher4truth is here but was banned (under two accounts as he snuck back). But @SovereignGrace is also here and on the BB. If he is willing I can show him the posts and the dialogue of the thread in question. Perhaps that would allow you to let go of this hate you harbor.

That is, of course, if you are not so invested in this hatred that you cannot let go out of pride. As a believer I have learned to divest myself of such things, but it is not an easy thing to do (and I easly stumble). But if it will help you to overcome this sinfulness I will take the time. Just have SG pm me if he is willing and if you are able to accept the possibility you have wrongfully held a list of perceived wrongs and that in error.

If not, then let me remind you of the "ignore" feature. You lamented that you could not ignore me as a moderator, but I am not a moderator here. If you were sincere, you have the option and it may keep you from sinning against Christ by abusing other people.
P4t was right about you from the start. SG was nicer than I am but he tried to help you also.
Martin and Biblicist were pastors who you slandered as you do now.
I will post the truth in a few hours for all to see.
You hate the Calvinists as you posted in January
You call us a clique, a band, and we do have a bond in truth.
All the other Cals say the same thing but do not want to embarrass you.
I tried 5 times...it is not the 7 times 70, but you made a mistake when you attacked my integrity as a ts
Talebearer .
I might not be that smart, I might be stubborn, I might post sinfully at times but getting worked up, yes indeed. I am not dishonest however. I stand by that list you made of my posts. The list is true sadly.

You try and reverse it and say the same about me to hide your sin....but He who covers sin shall not prosper. The truth of your deceit will be shown in a few hours...get your excuses ready... I can here it now...oh that thread,lol