Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a member of the Trinity, Anthony? Because I'm asking about YOUR actions.
You believe that they are completely unable to free themselves, or be free by any other normal man. And yet you spend your time trying to free them.
This looks like a giant contradiction.
Lol, you are confused now by the trinity? Well that would be another thread.
God uses believing sheep to reach other believing sheep.
When I say the results belong to Him that was exactly what I meant. Sorry you are unable to grasp this at this time.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to go back to school. Your definition of "address" is wrong too. Giving the correct explanation of a matter he failed to explain correctly, is not making up an idea either.

If you can count...that is strike three for you. You're out. No cookie.
This of course is another excuse to not deal meaningfully with any text of scripture.
Scott, do you believe that Jesus is God?
Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Friend, you seem to be ignorant of the term, let me give you a hint;
In religion and mythology, anthropomorphism is the perception of a divine being or beings in human form, or the recognition of human qualities in these beings.

God does not change. He does not need to.God does not repent , He does not need to.
Perhaps you could go through the bible and let us know what God meant and what He didn't really mean?

Reactions: Grailhunter

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Lol, you are confused now by the trinity? Well that would be another thread.
God uses believing sheep to reach other believing sheep.
When I say the results belong to Him that was exactly what I meant. Sorry you are unable to grasp this at this time.
@Jane_Doe22 has a very good point to which you're not responding.
IF man us UNABLE to come to God on his own....
why bother to speak about GOD AT ALL?

THIS is what JD is asking.
What would the answer be?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I should add that Calvinists take the exact same approach when it comes to "logical order". It is presented as a process (regeneration precedes faith) but "not in a chronological sense" (otherwise you literally end up with lost people who are "born-again believers - which no one believes). Calvinists hold it happens simultaneously but understand it as an "order". Same concept.

We have to always keep in mind that God explains what He wants to explain of Himself to us - He does not answer to us. The explanation is in our "language".
As I would understand it, there is plenty of Biblical evidence for all of the points of Calvinism (although the scheme of revelation in Scripture contains a lot more besides). But my inclination would strongly be to approach those points in Biblical terms rather than rely one proposition of logic piled onto another (a way of thinking that can easily go astray).

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22 has a very good point to which you're not responding.
IF man us UNABLE to come to God on his own....
why bother to speak about GOD AT ALL?

THIS is what JD is asking.
What would the answer be?
You ,Jane, and the others are looking right past the obvious so you do not understand my answer.
Go to Acts 8
Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch.
God is effectually drawing the Eunuch .
The Eunuch cannot understand Isa53.
God sends a saved sheep as an effectual means to declare the truth to the Eunuch.
See it now? The Spirit is at work, the Eunuch is unable, unless so man help him, and yet it is the Spirit working giving him a new heart.
That is the Biblical answer in part, that all of you resist so far.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ,Jane, and the others are looking right past the obvious so you do not understand my answer.
Go to Acts 8
Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch.
God is effectually drawing the Eunuch .
The Eunuch cannot understand Isa53.
God sends a saved sheep as an effectual means to declare the truth to the Eunuch.
See it now? The Spirit is at work, the Eunuch is unable, unless so man help him, and yet it is the Spirit working giving him a new heart.
That is the Biblical answer in part, that all of you resist so far.
The mere fact that the Eunuch was seeking truth (an example of a person exercising their will) is contradictory to anti-free-will Calvinism though. This example, your explanation, and your actions, only make sense if a person believes in free will wherein a person can seek and accept Truth. And yet you preach a lack of free-will. It is an inherent contradiction.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mere fact that the Eunuch was seeking truth is contradictory to anti-free-will Calvinism though. This example, your explanation, and your actions, only make sense if a person believes in free will wherein a person can seek and accept Truth. And yet you preach a lack of free-will. It is an inherent contradiction.
No. Once again you elevate the supposed free will of man into an idol.
Here we have a person, maybe even a nice guy, but spiritually blind.
This Eunuch is one of the elect, foreknown by God before the world was.
God has purposed to save him from eternity past.
The means of his salvation is presented to us.
Philip teaches about Jesus on the cross.
The Spirit moves on him giving a new heart.
The eunuch repents and believes the gospel as do all genuine Christians.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Once again you elevate the supposed free will of man into an idol.
Here we have a person, maybe even a nice guy, but spiritually blind.
This Eunuch is one of the elect, foreknown by God before the world was.
God has purposed to save him from eternity past.
The means of his salvation is presented to us.
Philip teaches about Jesus on the cross.
The Spirit moves on him giving a new heart.
The eunuch repents and believes the gospel as do all genuine Christians.
But if there is no free will, then the Eunuch show not have been seeking God at all. No coming unto Christ at all.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Eunuch wasn't really searching God.
Rather, God had already forced himself upon the Eunuch before Paul got there and Paul was just delivering the details?
Why would you put such a negative spin on a wonderful text?
How about.... in love and mercy God was drawing the Eunuch, and sent PHILIP not Paul to instruct him.
Did you even read the verses?
If you are hostile towards the text do you think God will allow you to understand?

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you put such a negative spin on a wonderful text?
How about.... in love and mercy God was drawing the Eunuch, and sent PHILIP not Paul to instruct him.
I'm just trying to understand your view.
The word "drawing" implies free will and free acceptance. You don't believe in free will or free acceptance. From your post it seemed like you believe God had already forced himself upon the the Eunuch before Paul got there.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just trying to understand your view.
The word "drawing" implies free will and free acceptance. You don't believe in free will or free acceptance. From your post it seemed like you believe God had already forced himself upon the the Eunuch before Paul got there.
It does not look like that to me. It looks like you are trying to resist everything being posted

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I would understand it, there is plenty of Biblical evidence for all of the points of Calvinism (although the scheme of revelation in Scripture contains a lot more besides). But my inclination would strongly be to approach those points in Biblical terms rather than rely one proposition of logic piled onto another (a way of thinking that can easily go astray).
None of these theories are without biblical evidences. The issue is how the evidences are drawn from Scripture and how they are placed together. Notice that none of the points are actually about Christ (which is the Subject of Scripture).

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not look like that to me. It looks like you are trying to resist everything being posted
Anthony, if I wanted to resist (which implies I have free will), I could just conclude "Anthony is a crazy anti-Biblical person, not worth my time to bother with" and walk away.

Instead, I'm spend a lot of time, energy, and patience trying to understand what it is you believe.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, if I wanted to resist (which implies I have free will), I could just conclude "Anthony is a crazy anti-Biblical person, not worth my time to bother with" and walk away.

Instead, I'm spend a lot of time, energy, and patience trying to understand what it is you believe.
The problem is Jane every post you suggest things imply "free will" which is not taught anywhere in scripture.
To me you are speaking of an invisible, non existent concept, that is not biblical at all. In the bible we see choice, self will, belief....none of which teaches a will that is not bound by sin.