Biblical Foreknowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true (depending on what one chooses to post).

The board has rules that people agree to follow when they join (much like thus one). People are free to express their beliefs but they are not free to try to shut down opposing views, use provocative language, insult members (to an extent), and lie (among other things). It is a Christian forum and the staff tries to make sure abusive members are reeled in.

Just like this forum people are expected to behave in a Christian manner. People can freely discuss their beliefs but some topics exceed the maturity of some members.

It is like this board with the exception it is mostly Baptist.

The problem is sometimes when people cry "free speech" what they really want is to be free from responsibility for what they say.
We are going to expose your lies once again.
Anyone can see that you have been rewriting the rules to go along with your agenda. No one agreed to your version of the rules, your definition of "calvinism".

Reactions: SovereignGrace

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are going to expose your lies once again.
Anyone can see that you have been rewriting the rules to go along with your agenda. No one agreed to your version of the rules, your definition of "calvinism".
I did not write the rules. I don't think they have changed in the 18 years I have been a member. (I'm pretty sure they are about like the rules here).

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On any message board members can offer their view of truth.
Sometimes tempers can flare up, it happens.
A person who gets over heated can delete his post and perhaps offer an apology.

No problem.
At the end of January,Jon C got involved in two or threee threads. The Calvinists chewed his posts up and offered correction.
JonC had a meltdown, and posted a post leveling 6 or 7 charges ath the Calvinists.
Several of the men were pastors, but as he melted down, he said they were all dishonest, untrustworthy, liars,ungodly and a few other things.
Okay...he got over heated, he blew off some steam and complained he was being ganged up on.
None of the non Cals supported JonC because his positions were defective.

It was late at night, i read the meltdown post 5 times.I asked two memnbers did they see or know what happened to the post.
I had to wait for them to answer the next day.

One of them said the whole thread was removed!
I asked JonC about it.
He denied the post existed at all.I said no, I read it five times
He made several accusations;
I made it up
He said I had a very vivid imagination,
He said i was on drugs and maybe having a emotional crisis????

look here from JonC. You have seen him insult me here, but here is one of his posts;

{
jonc
MeControlMediumUserTile

Anthony D'Arienzo
Mon 7/29/2019 12:46 AM
  • You

Anthony D,

First off, I am sorry for the drug comment. That was out of line and a knee jerk reaction to what I see as a very confused post.

I do not know what you are going through, either spiritually or emotionally. We do not know what other people are experiencing at any given time on these types of communication.

When my father-in-law was in his mid 60’s he somehow got it in his mind that someone had offended him 30 years prior. It was a delusion, and nothing could change his mind. In his 70’s he got it in his mind that dwarves were stealing his mail. These were delusions, but he didn’t have dementia or anything like that. He just had these two delusions. So I understand that these things are no laughing matter, at least not to the person experiencing the distress. I did not mean harm by my comment.

Sometimes people try to argue themselves into true belief. They latch on to a system of religion and defend it with all they have hoping it will somehow save them in the end.

In so doing they become irrationally argumentative and cult-like.

Sometimes people have a legitimate mental issue.

Sometimes people are undergoing emotional stresses.

Sometimes people are just having a bad day. Either way, as a Christian I need to try to help rather than exploit their situation.

HAHA, this is after he banned me several times for questioning him over this.

I don’t know your situation. Judging from your post, it seems to be some type of emotional situation.

My advice is that you not seek to remedy your problems on online forums but speak with a pastor or a Christian friend (in person).

Find someone with whom you can confide but who will also hold you accountable. Iron sharpens iron and we need one another.

Whatever you are going through, it is not with me (I have no idea what half of what you have written is supposed to mean). I will pray for you, and if you want with you, if that will help. But please find someone you can talk to in person.
jonc

So in this one instance we have him not admitting the post exists, but JonC making personal attacks to I am on drugs, to I am emotionally out of sorts.....Do you see the helpful comments he offers????

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not write the rules. I don't think they have changed in the 18 years I have been a member. (I'm pretty sure they are about like the rules here).
really????Anyone Can see you added your defintion of Calvinism and a sticky note on integrity right after you lied and banned me for no reason.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
On any message board members can offer their view of truth.
Sometimes tempers can flare up, it happens.
A person who gets over heated can delete his post and perhaps offer an apology.

No problem.
At the end of January,Jon C got involved in two or threee threads. The Calvinists chewed his posts up and offered correction.
JonC had a meltdown, and posted a post leveling 6 or 7 charges ath the Calvinists.
Several of the men were pastors, but as he melted down, he said they were all dishonest, untrustworthy, liars,ungodly and a few other things.
Okay...he got over heated, he blew off some steam and complained he was being ganged up on.
None of the non Cals supported JonC because his positions were defective.

It was late at night, i read the meltdown post 5 times.I asked two memnbers did they see or know what happened to the post.
I had to wait for them to answer the next day.

One of them said the whole thread was removed!
I asked JonC about it.
He denied the post existed at all.I said no, I read it five times
He made several accusations;
I made it up
He said I had a very vivid imagination,
He said i was on drugs and maybe having a emotional crisis????

look here from JonC. You have seen him insult me here, but here is one of his posts;

{
jonc
MeControlMediumUserTile

Anthony D'Arienzo
Mon 7/29/2019 12:46 AM
  • You

Anthony D,

First off, I am sorry for the drug comment. That was out of line and a knee jerk reaction to what I see as a very confused post.

I do not know what you are going through, either spiritually or emotionally. We do not know what other people are experiencing at any given time on these types of communication.

When my father-in-law was in his mid 60’s he somehow got it in his mind that someone had offended him 30 years prior. It was a delusion, and nothing could change his mind. In his 70’s he got it in his mind that dwarves were stealing his mail. These were delusions, but he didn’t have dementia or anything like that. He just had these two delusions. So I understand that these things are no laughing matter, at least not to the person experiencing the distress. I did not mean harm by my comment.

Sometimes people try to argue themselves into true belief. They latch on to a system of religion and defend it with all they have hoping it will somehow save them in the end.

In so doing they become irrationally argumentative and cult-like.

Sometimes people have a legitimate mental issue.

Sometimes people are undergoing emotional stresses.

Sometimes people are just having a bad day. Either way, as a Christian I need to try to help rather than exploit their situation.

HAHA, this is after he banned me several times for questioning him over this.

I don’t know your situation. Judging from your post, it seems to be some type of emotional situation.

My advice is that you not seek to remedy your problems on online forums but speak with a pastor or a Christian friend (in person).

Find someone with whom you can confide but who will also hold you accountable. Iron sharpens iron and we need one another.

Whatever you are going through, it is not with me (I have no idea what half of what you have written is supposed to mean). I will pray for you, and if you want with you, if that will help. But please find someone you can talk to in person.
jonc

So in this one instance we have him not admitting the post exists, but JonC making personal attacks to I am on drugs, to I am emotionally out of sorts.....Do you see the helpful comments he offers????

Still waiting for topic and post range where John allegedly said he hates Calvinists. Since a pastor saved the post for you that would also be helpful.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for topic and post range where John allegedly said he hates Calvinists. Since a pastor saved the post for you that would also be helpful.
Hello Forrest;

Itried to go to my page but am being blocked until OCt 14TH, unless JonC lifts the ban which was for no reason.
I am banned by JonC until oct 14;
The posts I need to access are on my page which I cannot access right now. I asked a friend if he has the original pm I sent to him.
I am trying something else to pull up some of the old thread and maybe can work backward to the end of january. which is where the posts were.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said he wasn’t really a Calvinist but earlier on he stated a thread about double predestination...

I am starting this thread as a Calvinist to other Calvinists. All comments are welcome, but the intent is to discuss a division within Calvinism.

Please be respectful of one another. I hate to ask this as it should be self-evident, and hopefully the board is dispositioned to handle a more mature conversation than it has been recently. Let's learn about one another without trying to make enemies of one another.

I believe in the doctrine of "double predestination" - that is, a group of people are predestined to salvation and another group is predestined to perish. I see this as a "decree" by necessity - the necessitu of an omniscient God creating men who would be saved and other men who would perish (Edwardian Calvinism).

Open for discussion.

Double Predestination

Same dog, same avatar.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forrest;

The BiblicistWell-Known Member
Site Supporter

Am I imagining things or did several posts disappear which said you, martin myself and Calvinists in general were
Dishonest, untruthful, not trustworthy, etc???
I can't even find the thread much less some missing posts. Have you tried just finding the thread. Maybe I am missing something, but when I type in the name of the thread nothing comes up.

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself."

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“We possess neither the ability, free will, power, nor the righteousness to repair ourselves and escape the wrath of God. It must all be God’s work, Christ’s work, or there is no salvation.”

Michael Horton

“God Himself supplies the necessary condition to come to Jesus. That’s why it is sola gratia, by grace alone, that we are saved.”

R.C. Sproul

“The gospel is the power of God. It does not depend upon me and my faithfulness. If it did we would all be lost. It is God’s power to keep, to justify and to sanctify and to glorify—to take us right into heaven itself. . . nothing can stop it.”

And again;
From Martin Marprelate...

Hi guys,
earlier this month, JonC started a thread, the OP of which accused me of a view that I utterly repudiate. When I challenged him on it, he changed the OP in a way that made me a complete heretic. Eventually, Squire closed the thread, but the libelous accusation remained. So I wrote to Squire:

Squire,
Closing the thread is not good enough. The O.P. accuses me of heresy and a view I utterly repudiate.
I would like the O.P. either deleted or radically amended, please.

In Christ,

Steve Owen aka Martin Marprelate

Following this, the entire thread was deleted, something I had not asked for. It may perhaps be that some of your missing comments were there

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a suggestion - rather than bringing the Baptist Board here why not just PM @lforrest and soare the rest of the forum the circus?

Also, the BaptistBoard is not a closed forum. Just search for "hate Calvinists" and put "JonC" (my username over there) in the user section.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey JonC being you have blocked me, put up your quote about how your critics have been silenced, thank you baptistboard, with the green smiley face...save us some time
I did not say I hate Calvinists in that post.

That was the one you mistook as if I thanked the BB for silencing a few people....the admin already told you that you misread that post.

You are exploiting @lforrest 's request for the post to bring your agenda here. It was already evaluated by the BB Administration.

What you claimed was that I posted that I hated Calvinists. And you said a pastor had the post. I said I never said I hated Calvinists. So one of us is lying.

Reactions: Willie T

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in case this gets edited or deleted; just started a new thread;
In a previous thread what started out as a doctrinal discussion, branched out enough to derail the thread.
That thread has been resumed by Reformed. I will try and continue the beneficial discussion on what amounts to Christian Ethics that have been called into question...let's look and learn:Redface

JonC offered several comments;
I do not know to what extent your replies have merit

Well yes okay..let's take a look and discuss this out in the open

Forrest earlier I showed where JonC denied the first post existed, but here he is forced to admit it.

JonC said

I do know that the thread in question was deleted due to a staff decision

And you said there was no deleted thread before and suggested I made it up, it must have vanished
the requestof a member). But to be fair, that is not your business and any inferences you draw are ideas you have to own.
When you mention me by name in your post it is my business

My concern is the falseness of your claims.
No need to be concerned, they were exactly true as now you admit to the deleted post, having denied it before. Do you not see an ethical problem here. First you suggest i made up the claim, now mysteriously you know exactly which posts and thread we are discussing.
What is the correct term for this?

You have made decisions about people based on your perceptions of their intent, and unfortunately they are very wrong.

You have verified the existence of the thread. Confession is good for the soul. My statements were very right.

Keep in mind Forrest he banned me for saying the thread existed. He lied multiple times about this, when i regain access to my page I will show him lying in his own words over and over.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say I hate Calvinists in that post.

That was the one you mistook as if I thanked the BB for silencing a few people....the admin already told you that you misread that post.

You are exploiting @lforrest 's request for the post to bring your agenda here. It was already evaluated by the BB Administration.
Post the posts here JonC, what are you hiding...let forrest see it being you have blocked me from displaying it.

post the thread names, and restore the deleted post here for Forrest to read for himself.

It is very simple JonC ...just post the deleted thread and let us read exactly what you shamefully posted, then deleted, then said it did not exist, and eventually were forced to admit it existed...