Biblical Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does ANY of this have to do with what I posted?
Are YOU also denying that Jesus is God, when the Scriptures are crystal-clear on the mater - or did you just want to spew some anti-Catholic nonsense?

Your views of the Catholic church ant its teachings are based on an abject ignorance of Scripture and tradition, coupled with blind hatred for something that you don't have a CLUE about.

Ignorant and blind is NO way to go through life, son . . .

When I was a Catholic, I was ignorant and blind to the Truth.
When I read the Word of God and believed what God says over Catholic religious doctrine, God received me and I was Born Again.
Just as the Apostle Peter wrote: I Peter chapter 1 = Please read

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo, Jesus sinned??

Jesus isn’t included in this “all”. Common biblical sense would show you this.

Ummmmmm, babies sin??
They're part of "ALL", aren't they??

Rom. 3:23 is a direct reference to Psalm 14, which ALSO says that there is "none" righteous and that "ALL" have fallen away. HOWEVER - if you go to the FIRST verse, you see that this is talking about the FOOLS, the WICKED - and not "everybody".

Well:

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." (Proverbs 22:15)

And please, save your “schooling” for the lightweights: I am well versed in the scriptures and am not fazed by your slick sectarian theological speeches.

Reactions: David in NJ

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a Catholic, I was ignorant and blind to the Truth.
When I read the Word of God and believed what God says over Catholic religious doctrine, God received me and I was Born Again.
Just as the Apostle Peter wrote: I Peter chapter 1 = Please read

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."
I believe your statement above in RED.
However - that's NOT the fault of the Church that you were ignorant - but YOURS. You can't blame the Church because YOU weren't engaged - any more than you can blame you r wife because you lost interest in her.

And, by the way - you were born again at BAPTISM (John 3:5).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus isn’t included in this “all”. Common biblical sense would show you this.

Yes, common BIBLICAL sense tells me this
However, I was reasoning with your anti-Catholic sense - which is why you're confused . . .
Well:

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." (Proverbs 22:15)

And please, save your “schooling” for the lightweights: I am well versed in the scriptures and am not fazed by your slick sectarian theological speeches.
If you HAD been "well-versed" in the Scriptures - you wouldn't have quoted Rom. 3:23 to "prove" that ALL have sinned.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe your statement above in RED.
However - that's NOT the fault of the Church that you were ignorant - but YOURS. You can't blame the Church because YOU weren't engaged - any more than you can blame you r wife because you lost interest in her.

And, by the way - you were born again at BAPTISM (John 3:5).

Dear Friend,
Baby water does not make you into a Son of God - It is impossible to be Born Again through the will of man.
"But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God. John 1:12-13

"No one comes to the Father but through Christ and no one comes to Christ unless the Father calls them"

Jesus died for your sins, not Mary, not Peter or Paul, not the Catholic church or any church or religion.

Today, this day dear Friend, you can toss aside religion in exchange for forgiveness and redemption by the Blood of Christ shed for you - PERIOD nothing more and nothing less

Therefore the Holy Spirit says: Today if you hear His voice harden not your heart.........Hebrews 3:7-10

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friend,
Baby water does not make you into a Son of God - It is impossible to be Born Again through the will of man.
"But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God. John 1:12-13
"No one comes to the Father but through Christ and no one comes to Christ unless the Father calls them"
Jesus died for your sins, not Mary, not Peter or Paul, not the Catholic church or any church or religion.

Today, this day dear Friend, you can toss aside religion in exchange for forgiveness and redemption by the Blood of Christ shed for you - PERIOD nothing more and nothing less

Therefore the Holy Spirit says: Today if you hear His voice harden not your heart.........Hebrews 3:7-10
You see your comment above in RED?
This is a textbook example of your ignorance of Catholic teaching. It's NO WONDER why you left.

This
is why I told you before - you left the Church SOLELY because of your abject ignorance of the Catholic faith, which has NEVER taught that our sins are forgiven by anybody other than God. As for the water of Baptism - the water is simply the MEANS of what the Holy Spirit does - just as being anointed with oil (Mark 6:13, James 5:14).

Tell me something, you who think things are "impossible" for God - HOW did 8-day-old babies in the OT enter the Covenant with God?
Was it by their OWN will - or by the loving will and promise of their parents to raise them in the faith??

It's NOT too late to come home to the fullness of the Gospel , , ,

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a textbook example of your ignorance of Catholic teaching.
Non-Catholics are either liars or ignorant in your estimation. That is not a defense, but an excuse for ad hominem attacks. The false teachings of the RCC are indefensible.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see your comment above in RED?
This is a textbook example of your ignorance of Catholic teaching. It's NO WONDER why you left.

This
is why I told you before - you left the Church SOLELY because of your abject ignorance of the Catholic faith, which has NEVER taught that our sins are forgiven by anybody other than God. As for the water of Baptism - the water is simply the MEANS of what the Holy Spirit does - just as being anointed with oil (Mark 6:13, James 5:14).

Tell me something, you who think things are "impossible" for God - HOW did 8-day-old babies in the OT enter the Covenant with God?
Was it by their OWN will - or by the loving will and promise of their parents to raise them in the faith??

It's NOT too late to come home to the fullness of the Gospel , , ,

AGREE - Better late then never - Repent and Believe the Gospel - ONLY the Gospel of Christ - you can pick from 4 = Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Personally, I would choose John - that's just my favorite.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eastern Catholic Churches
The definition of an Eastern-Rite Catholic is: A Christian of any Eastern rite in union with the pope: i.e. a Catholic who belongs not to the Roman, but to an Eastern rite. They differ from other Eastern Christians in that they are in communion with Rome, and from Latins in that they have other rites.
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Eastern Churches

Once again you are hyper parsing something to slant the truth. Communion is not under the authority. They do not answer to Rome or Roman Catholic Cardinals. They are not under the authority of the pope, but haver their own leadership. that makes them their own sect! YOu can try to play your word games all day, but every who has half an ounce of knowledge of religions knows that Roman Catholic answers to teh pope, all the other Cathoplic sects do not answer to thePope.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette
From the Vatican web site
Congregation for the Eastern Churches
The complex reality of the Oriental Churches with respect to their geographical, cultural and social conditions requires that the great Catholic community will share its resources, which can help the Orientals to keep alive and to develop the most genuine traditions of their Churches according to the instructions of the Second Vatican Council, the norms of the Code of Canons of the Oriental Churches and the directives of the Supreme Pontiffs.

The still do not hold to the pope as teh head of their sect! Why you do not acknowlege that is a telling thing that you are simply playing word gamers to deny a truth that all Roman Catholics realize- They are Roman Catholics and these other Catholics are not.

Roman Catholic churches answer to rome and the college of cardinals- these other catholic churches do not!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you HAD been "well-versed" in the Scriptures - you wouldn't have quoted Rom. 3:23 to "prove" that ALL have sinned.

The Apostle Paul used it to prove that all have sinned!

Are you more “versed” in scripture than an inspired Apostle????

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUH???

Do you even understand what heresy is??
Do you know what a heretic is??

your arguments are childish - not "child-like" with all of its perceived innocence.
Childish, as in stupid and NOT well-thought-out.

Yes I understand what heresy is. Anything that goes against tthe written word of God.

Things like perpetual virgin Mary,
Mary Queen of heaven
Mary not having sex ever.
Devotions and prayers to Mary and the saints and the angels.
Penance in order to receive "absolution" from ones sins.
Believing the Pope is "Vicarius filia Dei"

These are but a tiny list of heresies, since Roman Catholicism is the topic at hand. If you start a thread about Baptists, I will gladly list heresies found in the Holy Baptist chruches!

So the Catholic announced heretics were busy exposing heresies. So in the eyes of God Men like Hus, Tyndale, Calvin et al were exp[osing hersies and heretical teachings while also having heresy in them.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONE more time, Einstein:
WHERE do ANY of these passages make the claim that these are Mary's children??
I've already shown you several verses that show they are the children of ANOTHER woman and man.

And you STILL haven't been able to show me WHY those "other" children of hers couldn't take care of her - and why Jesus "had" to appoint John to do it.
Your "logic" has gaping holes in it . . .

Well if the word brother and sister is not a clue to you, then you have a bigger problem than expected. You do not even understand simple words describing a family!

And I keep telling you I was not there when Jesus handed Mary over to Joh, god opted not to say why in Scripture. Why do you want me to give a why when God didn't? Just so you can find another rabbit trail to go down and vomit out more ad-hominems??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-Catholics are either liars or ignorant in your estimation. That is not a defense, but an excuse for ad hominem attacks. The false teachings of the RCC are indefensible.
Actually - that's a FALSE statement.

I know SEVERAL Protestants who aren't liars OR ignorant and have chosen to be Protestant because they simply "disagree" with Catholic teaching. Your statement in RED is true for anti-Catholics. because I've NEVER met a single one what didn't lie.

And the only "indefensible" teachings to an anti-Catholic are the ones that he can't prove wrong . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE - Better late then never - Repent and Believe the Gospel - ONLY the Gospel of Christ - you can pick from 4 = Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Personally, I would choose John - that's just my favorite.
And there's where you're wrong - and THAT'S why you're an ignorant anti-Catholic.
ALL of the Gospels and ALL of the Scriptures are relevant.

You only have a PARTIAL truth within Protestantism.
Come home to the FULLNESS of truth in the Catholic Church (Eph. 1:22-23).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another idiotic post with idiotic claims made by a guy who doesn't pay attention.

Melkite Catholics submit to the Pope's Authority.
Maronite Catholics submit to the Pope's Authority.
Coptic Catholics submit to the Pope's Authority.
Byzantine Catholics submit to the Pope's Authority.
Ruthenian Catholics submit to the Pope's Authority.
Alexandrian Catholics submit to the Pope's Authority.
As do ALL the rest of the Liturgical Rites that comprise the ONE Catholic Church.

WHAT part of this are you having difficulty with??
I ALMOST feel guilty explaining it to you in this way because it truly seems that you have a serious learning disability.

If that is the case - then I apologize for being abrupt.
Perhaps a debate forum is NOT the best place for someone like you to spend your time . . .

The Melkite Greek Catholic Church (Arabic: كنيسة الروم الملكيين الكاثوليك‎, Kanīsat ar-Rūm al-Malakiyyīn al-Kāṯūlīk; Greek: Μελχιτική Ελληνική Καθολική Εκκλησία; Latin: Ecclesiae Graecae Melkitae Catholicae) or Melkite Byzantine Catholic Church, is an Eastern Catholic church in full communion with the Holy See as part of the worldwide Catholic Church. It is headed by Patriarch Youssef Absi, headquartered in Cathedral of Our Lady of the Dormition, Damascus, Syria. The Melkites, Byzantine Rite Catholics, trace their history to the early Christians of Antioch, formerly part of Syria and now in Turkey, of the 1st century AD, where Christianity was introduced by Saint Peter.[3]

The Melkite Church is related to the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch. It is mainly centered in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel and Palestine.[4] Melkite Greek Catholics are present, however, throughout the world by migration due to persecution. Outside the Near East, the Melkite Church has also grown through intermarriage with, and the conversion of, people of various ethnic heritages as well as transritualism. At present there is a worldwide membership of approximately 1.6 million.[2][5] While the Melkite Catholic Church's Byzantine rite liturgical traditions are shared with those of Eastern Orthodoxy, the church has officially been part of the Catholic Church since the reaffirmation of its union with the Holy See of Rome in 1724.

Though members of Orthodox Churches essentially practice the same faith as those of the Roman Catholic Church, they remain separated because of an historic dispute over the supremacy of the Pope. Since the Eastern Orthodox Church refuses to acknowledge the authority of the Pope, its members by definition cannot follow leadership from the Pope. There was once only one Christian church. Proclaimed “catholic,” which means universal, because it had a global reach, this institution split into eastern and western branches in 1054. The Pope leads the western Catholic Church, with its headquarters, Vatican City, located within Rome, Italy. Proclaimed the Vicar of Christ, or the human representative of Jesus, the Christian savior, the Pope assumes infallibility, or unquestioned authority, when making statements in an official capacity. Christians, such as Orthodox Catholics, that refuse to submit to the authority of the Pope are in a state of schism, or separation, from the Roman Catholic Church.

What part of the fact that all the easter Catholic churches do not submit to the authority of the pope do you have a problem with!

Eastern Orthodox Catholics that do partake of communion in a Roman Catholic Church do so of their own will and may face penalties in their home church because the act implies submission to the Pope. 4 Different Traditions of the Same Faith
Do Orthodox Catholics Follow the Pope? |

YOu sir need to recant of the lie the eastern churches submit to the pope. they do not and for you to say so is known as lying!

They may have the same practices but the eastern churches ordain their own priests, follow their own patriarchs and do not recognize the pope as head or the college of cardinals as their governing ruling body.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, please enlighten me.

What verse would YOU recommend?
NONE because that statement isn't true for "ALL".
It was directly related to a specific group - the fools and the wicked.

Jesus didn't sin.
Babies don't sin.
The severely mentally retarded don't sin because they don't have full use of their faculties.