Biblical Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a statement by Pope Emeritus Benedict counts for nothing.
A statement by Pope Frances counts for nothing.
A statement by Theological Commission of the Pontifical International Marian Academy counts for nothing.

Only you opinions count.

Opinions if not firmly grounded in Scripture for spiritual matters do count for nothing, whehter from th elowest saint to the highest elder in a church.

Church councilds wrote and declared the earth was flat and the solar system was goe-centric not solar centric. Don't they count for anything?

The church condemns to hell all who reject transubstnatiation. doesn't that still count?

Popes can be unbiblical just like the lowliest sinner.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've gone back 5 pages - 11 of your posts & only 1 had a scripture quote.

The Catholic posts are full of quotes.,

Well I can quote Scriptures to prove something I believe in falsely as theefaith does with Mary. He has yet to prove the quotes are direct quotes about Mary.

When I quoute SAcripture I do not reinterpret it.

I quouted Mary did not stay a virgin form Gods word and that was roundly rejected!

Matt. 1:

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

It don't get any easier than this. But yet Romanists twist this verse into more knots than corn row braids to try to keep Mary and Joseph ever virgin.

Same with Jesus half brothers and sisters! Twisting and turning using Hebrew to try to defend greek, and trying to force brother to mena cousin when there were perfectly good words to show kinfolk who are not brothers and sisters. Even the greek definition for th eNT shows that when adelphos or adelphi is used it only means brother or sister in the family sense.

So no I don't sadd my opinion to Gods Word to promote my concepts.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I back mine up with Scripture that is not reinterpreted to fit my opinion however like romanism has done many times.

Wow you practrice Rank I dolatry! And don't take my word for it. It is clearly written in Gods Word when one does not reinterpret it like Rome has and you have bought hook, line and sinker.

how is that idolatry?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions if not firmly grounded in Scripture for spiritual matters do count for nothing, whehter from th elowest saint to the highest elder in a church.

So your opinions count for nothing then.

You just don't quote scripture.
I went back to the first 5 pages of this thread.
You posted 6 posts and all just opinions - not a single scripture , relevant or not.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary cooperated in the redemption by consenting to be the mo
Cuz she was picked by God without any merit to be the one to bear jesus! But she is blessed among women not above women.
scripture says she was blessed before becoming the mother of God Lk 1:28 and before she consented to be the mother of the redeemer Lk 1:38

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well I can quote Scriptures to prove something I believe in falsely as theefaith does with Mary. He has yet to prove the quotes are direct quotes about Mary.

I quouted Mary did not stay a virgin form Gods word and that was roundly rejected!

Matt. 1:

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

It don't get any easier than this. But yet Romanists twist this verse into more knots than corn row braids to try to keep Mary and Joseph ever virgin.

No we don't twist anything. We show the true meaning of scripture to those that are ignorant and can't understand English or Greek and are too proud to listen to the truth.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
If your thinking there were 12 apostles so now the are only 12 successors no, there are about 2500 to 3000 bishops each one can make other bishops as the the church needs them to govern the church in different parts of the world

but there is only one successor or peter at a time, valid successor I mean, there are false claimants to the throne three at one time in history but only one valid

cardinals are bishops that have a special task helping the pope in His administration

Timothy is the 1st successor of Paul as was Mathias of Judus acts 1:26
Yes, because it is succession, where one takes the place of another. That is what succession is that I know.

There are not many “Popes” that succeeds Peter. So, there is also only 1 for the other 11 apostles. Just as the 11 apostles only had one to take the place of Judas Iscariot, to complete the twelve apostles. So, I thought the R.C. church followed what the 11 apostles did. But apparently they did not.

That is significant in that Jesus chose and sent only 12 apostles, not more than that. Jesus sent them to the people of Israel, the 12 tribes who were scattered in all the nations, to preach the gospel and and make disciples. Jesus chose Paul to be His apostle to the Gentiles.

If there are thousands of bishops as you confirmed, then there are many successors of the 11 apostles, which somehow messed up the line of succession regarding the 11. So that, the R.C.C. now could not say who are the successors of say John, James, Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, and so on.

But at least, you could tell the first successor of Paul, which you say is Timothy. Could you tell who is the successor of Paul today?

Also of interest, is if R.C.C. followed or not Jesus Christ in the sending of the 12 apostles to Israel and Paul to the Gentiles.

Tong
R4562

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I am sorry, but I don’t find evidence that that throne of grace spoken of in Hebrews 4:16 is the throne of Mary.

What are your answers to my questions:

How many throne of grace does R.C. church teach you there are?

In Hebrews 4:16, how many throne of grace does it say? One or many?
One as far as I know

So there is only 1 throne of grace. And you say it is Mary’s throne. I suppose that throne would be in heaven?

Jesus also is full of grace. Is there not a throne of grace for Jesus Christ?

There is spoken of a throne, the throne of God, in heaven. Is this not the throne of grace, God being the one who sits on the throne?

Tong
R4563

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Possibly one then.
Possibly 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, or more. I just do not count how many I have talked with who told me that Mary is Deity for the reason that she is the Mother of God.

May I ask, what can you say of catholics who prostrate and kneel themselves to, and kiss the statues of Mary and the saints? Of those who even go out of their way, competing with each other, even to the point of getting hurt and hurting others, just to be able to either touch or kiss the statues?

Tong
R4564

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Had any RCC here answered this yet?

Was Mary sinless? Had she not commit sin throughout her lifetime?

Tong
R4566

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary anywhere in scripture, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness! Especially after hearing from an angel that her child was of the Holy Spirit!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Only God can be born of a Virgin-mother!

Perpetual Virginity of Mary.

After a man or husband knew his woman or wife, will she still be a virgin?

Adam knew his wife Eve. After that, whether Eve got pregnant or not, isn’t Eve no longer a virgin?

In my view, after the man knew his wife, the wife is no longer a virgin.

Did Joseph knew his wife Mary?

Tong
R4567

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, or more. I just do not count how many I have talked with who told me that Mary is Deity for the reason that she is the Mother of God.
I don't believe you.
Goodbye

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I don't believe you.
Goodbye
I am not asking you to believe me. And you have your reasons why you don’t. I understand. I’ll be praying to God for them, that He enlightens them and set them free from believing falsely. Not only them but all who like them think, believe and act like so, about Mary.

Tong
R4569

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cuz she was picked by God without any merit to be the one to bear jesus! But she is blessed among women not above women.

above all angels and saints!

Mediatrix does not make Mary the mediator or violate 1 Tim 2:5
Anyone who is in the communion of saints is in union and may pray and make intercession for one another! Rev 5:8
All graces come by Jesus Christ Jn 1:16-17 and Jesus came thru Mary,
matt 1:23 so all graces come thru Mary!
Mary is full of grace the throne of divine grace! Heb 4:16

Divine praises

All generations shall call me blessed!
Lk 1:48

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the name of Mary, ever Virgin and Mother.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints. Amen.

Praise of Mary & the saints ends in God!
All merits, graces, and virtues of Mary come from God & Christ!

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe…

No one believed more than Mary! Lk 1:45

Co-redemptrix
Eve a Virgin by the communication of a fallen angel cooperated in the fall of man, the first Adam, gen 3 and it is fitting that Mary a Virgin by the communication of a good angel should cooperate in the redemption of man, the new Adam! Lk 1:28-38

Advocate
Mary help of Christians, pray for us!
Mary is the advocate of Christians because she is our spiritual mother. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17
Her intercession is great charity, for even before she is asked she sees a need and fills it. John 2:3 they have no wine, and Christ honors his mother, and never refuses her prayers, and because of her powerful intercession the newlyweds were spared Shame, and His disciples believed. Jn 2:10-11

Old Testament type or example provided by God for our instruction!

Queen Esther

Queen Esther fair: est 2:7
Mary all fair: gen 3:15 Song of Solomon 4:12 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; est 2:17
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Lk 1:28 also Lk 1:30 1:42 1:45 1:48
Mary obtained grace and favor: Lk 1:28
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Esther merits the graces of the king for the people. Est
Mary merits the graces we need but don’t deserve. Lk 1:30
Mother is the mother of our savior and our salvation! Lk 2:30 matt 1:21

They prayed to Esther to intercede for them before the king. As Mary intercedes for Christians before God.

Queen Esther found favor with the king: est 2:17
Mary found favor with God: Lk 1:30

Queen Esther saves her people interceding with the king: est 8:17
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

Queen Esther receives half the kingdom!
Mary receives half the kingdom, Christ retains the kingdom of justice as just judge and Mary is the queen of grace & mercy! Hence the throne of grace is Mary’s throne! Heb 4:16
Depicted in genesis as the greater light that rules the day (those living in God’s will) and the lesser light that governs the night (those living in sin) Mary the mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Notice the sun is the source of all good and moon only reflects this goodness!
She directs all to Her divine son! Jn 2:5

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I dropped the rest of Acts 15 to disregards context. Not at all. You see, the letter sums up and embodies the outcome of the meeting and the council’s message. And you will see that the letter really is not to establish any doctrine, but to settle a problem concerning, not the whole church, but the Christians who are of the Gentiles only, and that only in Cilicia, Antioch, and Syria, giving instructions as contained in the letter. For apparently, such is not the case in the other churches.

<<<That is why Paul went to the other Apostles and elders to "consider this matter" because it was NOT a settled doctrine.>>>

Not so. Not that it was not a settled doctrine, but that, there were only some among the brethren of the Jews, who perverts the gospel.

Now, if you contend that what is contained in the letter is doctrine, would you say that doctrines change or they should not?

Also, is that what is contained in the letter binding to all Christians and that for all time?

What are your answers to those questions?

Tong
R4439
Yes, the letter did establish doctrine. If it was already doctrine then why did Paul go to Jerusalem to discuss, argue and debate the matter with the church leaders and the other Apostles?

If it was already doctrine what was there to discuss, debate and argue about????

If it was already doctrine why did they have to write it down in a letter AND confirm the teaching by word of mouth (vs27) and send it to all the churches to read??? If it was already doctrine those individual church leaders would have read the letter and said, "Oh, we already knew that soooo why did they send us this letter".

Why did they need guidance from the Holy Spirit (vs28) to repeat an already established doctrine???????????????????????????? Can you seriously not see how your argument does not match up with what scripture says?

I already answered your questions...but I will answer them again: What was contained in the letter was NEW DOCTRINE since they didn't have any established doctrine on the matter. I have said this several times......

Yes, anything in Scripture is binding upon "all Christians....for all time". Do you not believe that?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, when we pray for others, we are mediators in a sense. But we are not mediators between God and men in the same sense as Jesus Christ is.
Tong
R4438
You agree with The Catholic Church on this matter.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, because it is succession, where one takes the place of another. That is what succession is that I know.

There are not many “Popes” that succeeds Peter. So, there is also only 1 for the other 11 apostles. Just as the 11 apostles only had one to take the place of Judas Iscariot, to complete the twelve apostles. So, I thought the R.C. church followed what the 11 apostles did. But apparently they did not.

That is significant in that Jesus chose and sent only 12 apostles, not more than that. Jesus sent them to the people of Israel, the 12 tribes who were scattered in all the nations, to preach the gospel and and make disciples. Jesus chose Paul to be His apostle to the Gentiles.

If there are thousands of bishops as you confirmed, then there are many successors of the 11 apostles, which somehow messed up the line of succession regarding the 11. So that, the R.C.C. now could not say who are the successors of say John, James, Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, and so on.

But at least, you could tell the first successor of Paul, which you say is Timothy. Could you tell who is the successor of Paul today?

Also of interest, is if R.C.C. followed or not Jesus Christ in the sending of the 12 apostles to Israel and Paul to the Gentiles.

Tong
R4562

the church was very small at first like the mustard seed
But thousands are needed to minister to the spiritual needs of billions of people