Biblical Numerics Confirm God’s Word is Divine in Origin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dictonary.com definition for ‘numerology’: the study of numbers, as the figures designating the year of one’s birth, to determine their supposed influence on one’s life, future, etc.

Merriam Dictonary defines ‘numerology’ as the study of the occult significance of numbers.

So if you want to continually falsely accuse me of believing something I don't believe in, you can keep bashing me instead of discussing Biblical numerics (Which is not the same thing as numerology, a.k.a. occult numerology).

If you want to keep falsely accusing me of something I don't believe in, then I will just ignore your posts and refer the general reader back to this post.

So you are saying that the Word made flesh (a change in the creation by God Himself) was not a change?
This would mean that you are suggesting that the Incarnation did not happen with Mary who was a virgin, and the Word was flesh from eternity's past. Is that what you are saying? If that is not what you are saying then how do you explain how God joined human flesh (a change)?

In other words, I see how God does not change in context to His behavior and promises. This does not mean God cannot do new things with His creation. Why are we under a New Covenant? Is not the New Covenant a change in how God operates with mankind now (vs. the Old Covenant)? Think.
I won't reply to the first part of your post. Your numerology hobby might keep you amused but it makes no sense to me. BTW, "numerology" is defined as "the study of mystical relationships between numbers, letters, and patterns." And "occult" is a defined as "supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena." IMHO, both apply. I have no further interest in your hobby.

If you don't understand what I have written then say so. Your comment that I am saying that the Word made flesh (a change in the creation by God Himself) was not a change and that I am suggesting that the Incarnation did not happen with Mary who was a virgin, and the Word was flesh from eternity's past clearly shows that you're not understanding what I have said.

God is eternal and unchanging. Do you really disagree with that? Here is what John had to say, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." It seems quite clear to me. Jesus was present from the beginning of creation, created the world, and is God eternal. God can appear in various forms, for example a burning bush and a human (at least three times!). (I won't give you the Scriptural references. Look them up yourself!) That doesn't mean that He has changed, buthow He chose to appear to people at various times. You wrote, "I see how God does not change in context to His behavior and promises", but you can't see how He can appear in different forms? Amazing!

And ending with "Think" is judgmental and unnecessary. It is the last resort when someone has lost the argument. I forgive you.

Reactions: mailmandan

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't reply to the first part of your post. Your numerology hobby might keep you amused but it makes no sense to me. BTW, "numerology" is defined as "the study of mystical relationships between numbers, letters, and patterns." And "occult" is a defined as "supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena." IMHO, both apply. I have no further interest in your hobby.

If you don't understand what I have written then say so. Your comment that I am saying that the Word made flesh (a change in the creation by God Himself) was not a change and that I am suggesting that the Incarnation did not happen with Mary who was a virgin, and the Word was flesh from eternity's past clearly shows that you're not understanding what I have said.

God is eternal and unchanging. Do you really disagree with that? Here is what John had to say, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." It seems quite clear to me. Jesus was present from the beginning of creation, created the world, and is God eternal. God can appear in various forms, for example a burning bush and a human (at least three times!). (I won't give you the Scriptural references. Look them up yourself!) That doesn't mean that He has changed, buthow He chose to appear to people at various times. You wrote, "I see how God does not change in context to His behavior and promises", but you can't see how He can appear in different forms? Amazing!

And ending with "Think" is judgmental and unnecessary. It is the last resort when someone has lost the argument. I forgive you.
Moving on from talking to you on this topic seeing you are continuing to falsely accuse me of occult numerology, and you are failing to understand a basic teaching in the Bible in the fact that the Word made flesh is a new change that was never done before.

May God bless you (even if we disagree on Scripture).
I am done talking to you on this topic directly.
Note: This does not mean I will not continue to keep posting on this topic for others to see.

Peace and blessings be unto you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moving on from talking to you on this topic seeing you are continuing to falsely accuse me of occult numerology, and you are failing to understand a basic teaching in the Bible in the fact that the Word made flesh is a new change that was never done before.

May God bless you (even if we disagree on Scripture).
I am done talking to you on this topic directly.
Note: This does not mean I will not continue to keep posting on this topic for others to see.

Peace and blessings be unto you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am failing to understand a basic teaching of the Bible? You didn't reply to my post about God appearing in several different forms. Why not?

For review, I wrote God can appear in various forms, for example a burning bush and a human (at least three times!). (I won't give you the Scriptural references. Look them up yourself!) Since this has nothing to do with your Biblical numerics, I won't continue discussing it here. It really deserves a separate thread.

Before I leave, however, I will state that God is primarily interested faith, hope, and love 1 Corinthians 13:13, "And now faith, hope, and love remain, these three, and the greatest of these is love."

Enjoy your hobby!

Reactions: mailmandan