Biblical Numerics Confirm God’s Word is Divine in Origin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, it's an interesting thing. I see many people who seem to take it well beyond what I see supported in the Bible, and I always like to say, the plain things are the main things, and, we should never try to go against the plain saying because we think some Biblical numbers lead us that way.

I like to take each case and look at it in it's own right. The circumfrence of the bronze sea is an interesting number to look at.

Do you have an idea on how to count the number?

Much love!
Biblical Numerics or Bible Numbers should never sacrifice context of what the Bible actually says. Actually, the numbers only have meaning based on what the Bible says. For example: The Number seven (in it’s first mention) is defined according to the Bible as….

full

So according to the Bible, seven means….

#1. To Bring Something to an End (and or it can mean):
#2. To Sanctify Something (and or it can mean):
#3. To Bless Something.

Seven is also associated with GOD a lot in the Bible.
In Genesis 7, it is when the flood waters arrived and it brought in an END to the world.

Revelation is filled with tons of the number seven? Why? Because it is the ending book of the Bible.
Joshua and the Israelites marched around Jericho seven times and they had seven priests, and seven ram horn trumpets, and on the seventh day the walls of Jericho fell. Jericho as a city ENDED that day. Just as the last day of the week (seven) is the END of the week.
See, I cannot look in the Bible, and say that this does not mean anything. God does not just put random numbers in His Word for no real good reason. Everything God does has a purpose and meaning behind it.

Reactions: marks

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These posts of yours are total madness! Primarily, you are basing this kind of voodoo nonsense on the King James TRANSLATION, not the original languages. Also, as I have stated numerous times previously: chapter and verse numbers are NOT part of Scripture! They are reference numbers only!

And this kind of stuff has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ!
There is no such thing as a book that contains the original languages perfectly that exist on our planet. God either preserved His words like He said He would (Psalms 12:6-7), or He didn’t. I believe God and not scholars and or Textual Criticism that says we don’t have a perfect Bible today.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These posts of yours are total madness! Primarily, you are basing this kind of voodoo nonsense on the King James TRANSLATION, not the original languages. Also, as I have stated numerous times previously: chapter and verse numbers are NOT part of Scripture! They are reference numbers only!

You also fail to understand that GOD’s Word teaches that He preserves copies and not the originals. This was done with Jeremiah in Jeremiah 36:28, and with Moses in Exodus 34:1. The Ethiopian eunuch most likely did not have the original Isaiah scroll because Jesus read from Isaiah prior in the gospels. The scroll of Isaiah that the eunuch had was called Scripture. Meaning, a copy was called Scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16 says all Scripture is given by inspiration of God. So the copy was inspired. Believe it or not.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure they are a part of Scripture. My Bible currently has chapter and verse numbers in it. Most Bibles do. Try buying a copy of the Scriptures without chapter and verse numbers in it and see how far you get at church. The Pastor will tell you to turn to a particular chapter and verse. Good luck trying to find that place in the Bible without the aid of these things. God knew they would be important to the body of Christ. For if a Christian says John 3:16 to you, do you slam them with your words about how the chapter and verse numbers are not in the Bible? Or do you rejoice in what that verse says together?

Honestly, I don’t think you actually looked at the points I made in this thread and your just hitting the disagree button in mindless frustration.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Numerics or Bible Numbers should never sacrifice context of what the Bible actually says. Actually, the numbers only have meaning based on what the Bible says. For example: The Number seven (in it’s first mention) is defined according to the Bible as….

full

So according to the Bible, seven means….

#1. To Bring Something to an End (and or it can mean):
#2. To Sanctify Something (and or it can mean):
#3. To Bless Something.

Seven is also associated with GOD a lot in the Bible.
In Genesis 7, it is when the flood waters arrived and it brought in an END to the world.

Revelation is filled with tons of the number seven? Why? Because it is the ending book of the Bible.
Joshua and the Israelites marched around Jericho seven times and they had seven priests, and seven ram horn trumpets, and on the seventh day the walls of Jericho fell. Jericho as a city ENDED that day. Just as the last day of the week (seven) is the END of the week.
See, I cannot look in the Bible, and say that this does not mean anything. God does not just put random numbers in His Word for no real good reason. Everything God does has a purpose and meaning behind it.
Yes, any discussion of Biblical numbers I think begins with 7. I've forgotten so much of what I used to know about this. From the interconnectedness of God's message, to the intricacies in the words and numbers, the prophecies, it all just practically screams to me that this Book is from Outside. From God Himself.

Much love!

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone is actually interested in numbers in the Bible, here is a very good article...

It is well-written and clearly combats the superstitious "numerology" posted by someone else on this forum.
I read the article and they don’t seem to counter any of the amazing mathematical miracles found in the Bible.
There is no doubt that some people take bible numbers too far (of which the article implies to those who seek to find hidden meanings in the Bible numbers). Well, there are times that God is simply glorifying His own Word by those numbers and it is not a personal number to guide your life to have more money, to have better relationships, or to get closer to God. The numbers merely are there to show that His Word is divine and perfect. It’s to be in awe of His word as Scripture says. The numbers ascribed to having a particular meaning is defined by the Bible itself. Once, I am done with my defense of the King James Bible being the Word of God, I am going to move on to the next study in His Word. So I am not consumed by numerics by any means.

My guess is that both you and the writer of this article did not ponder the amazing mathematical miracles I presented in this thread. You either just glazed over it in disagreement (not fully comprehending the impossible odds of such things occurring), or you did not even look at the information at all. Again, I challenge you to go back and look at what I have posted and really consider what is being put forth. If you do, I know you would repent before the LORD your God. But of course, you are comfortable in what you believe. It’s like an old comfortable pair of shoes that you don’t want to throw out.

I say this all in love (of course).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone is actually interested in numbers in the Bible, here is a very good article...

It is well-written and clearly combats the superstitious "numerology" posted by someone else on this forum.
See also my quick points in my post #22.

Keep in mind that the number 7 is not the only one that appears to have a repeated ascribed meaning to it throughout the Bible.
It’s like you don‘t want the numbers to mean anything even when the Bible gives you the meaning over and over and over again.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the probability of the word “Jesus” (Referring to only Himself) appearing 70 x 7 times in BOTH the odd books of the New Testament and the even books of the New Testament? 70 x 7 is not insignificant equation in the Bible because Jesus tells us to forgive 70 x 7. What do you do with facts like that? Do you not understand that this is either just a crazy insane lucky coincidence or it is indeed the Word of God that is divine. That’s what I don’t understand about you here. it just seems like you did not even look at what I posted and or you truly did not consider the probability of these things happening by random chance as being nearly impossible. The thing is… this is not the only mathematical miracle in the Bible, too. I gave others that are just as amazing. How can you write this all off? That’s what I don’t get. It’s like you don’t want to see. Instead of considering the evidence in that I may be right, you simply doubled down in your own lack of knowledge on this topic.

I say this not to wound you, dear friend.
I say this in love and to open up your mind to something you are not aware of in the Bible.
Again, I don’t want you to run after numbers or make your life about numbers.
The point here is that the numbers in the Bible point to the amazing divine nature of God’s Holy Word and it makes us to be in awe of GOD and how amazing He truly is (In all that He does).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

What is silly about denying Biblical Numerics or denying that the numbers in God’s Word as having no meaning is this:

Are you really trying to tell me that when God told the Israelites to march around Jericho seven times that it did not mean anything?
Are you telling me that GOD was telling them to do something that was entirely without any meaning behind it?
That God just randomly prescribed this number to the Israelites for no good reason?
You may believe God does things without any real rhyme or reason, but I don’t believe that;
And I don’t think you believe that (deep down) either.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we can see from my last post (above), the first and last verses of the Bible have the same number of…

#1. Letters.
#2. Words.
#3. Vowels.
#4. Consonants.

What are the odds of that happening?
These are not just random verses but the first and the last.
This is significant because Jesus is the first and the last, and we know that there is a close symbolic connection between the Living Word (Jesus), and the Communicated Word (like Scripture).

Anyways, taking both of the first and last verses of the Bible and adding them up perfectly gives you the same number of these letters, words, vowels, and consonants in 1 John 5:7 (Which is the one and only verse that gives us the big reveal of who God is). Again, is this just coincidence or another oddball occurrence of the numbers again? You may think that, but I see that this is going beyond statistical probability here (if you are even aware of statistical probabilities).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to disappoint those who think I am into occult numerology (When that is not what I believe), but I do not plan to use these above numbers to better my relationships or to get money, or to foretell the future, or anything else silly like that. I see these mathematical miracles in the Bible as signatures or fingerprints that God’s Word is divine in origin (of which makes me in awe of His Word). I know that the Bible I have is signed by the author. Most today do not even believe they have a perfect Bible. But I have one. Clearly the testimony of these things in the Bible show that His Word is perfect and divine. But let the doubters… doubt. I believe my Bible (Every word of it).

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure they are a part of Scripture. My Bible currently has chapter and verse numbers in it. Most Bibles do. Try buying a copy of the Scriptures without chapter and verse numbers in it and see how far you get at church. The Pastor will tell you to turn to a particular chapter and verse. Good luck trying to find that place in the Bible without the aid of these things. God knew they would be important to the body of Christ. For if a Christian says John 3:16 to you, do you slam them with your words about how the chapter and verse numbers are not in the Bible? Or do you rejoice in what that verse says together?

Honestly, I don’t think you actually looked at the points I made in this thread and your just hitting the disagree button in mindless frustration.
Chapter and verse numbers are there for reference only, as you pointed out in your post. They are not part of Scripture; they are indexes or references only.

You wrote, "The Pastor will tell you to turn to a particular chapter and verse. Good luck trying to find that place in the Bible without the aid of these things." That is a convenient aid in church and on forums, but they're equivalent to the route numbers of roads. However, the route numbers are not the roads.

This is post #35 of this discussion. Is "35" part of the discussion? Of course not. It is a reference number, but it is not part of the post.

I am interested in what the Bible authors have to say. But they did not include chapter and verse numbers in their writings. They are not part of the Bible text!

And why do you have to include this in your post: "For if a Christian says John 3:16 to you, do you slam them with your words about how the chapter and verse numbers are not in the Bible" ? That kind of personal attack seems very unlike you.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse numbers are there for reference only, as you pointed out in your post. They are not part of Scripture; they are indexes or references only.

You wrote, "The Pastor will tell you to turn to a particular chapter and verse. Good luck trying to find that place in the Bible without the aid of these things." That is a convenient aid in church and on forums, but they're equivalent to the route numbers of roads. However, the route numbers are not the roads.

This is post #35 of this discussion. Is "35" part of the discussion? Of course not. It is a reference number, but it is not part of the post.

I am interested in what the Bible authors have to say. But they did not include chapter and verse numbers in their writings. They are not part of the Bible text!
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one, brother. I see God progressively moving through time and having His hand on the whole entire translation process and in keeping His Word for us today in the English. For God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. But that’s not a problem if you don’t want to discuss the mathematical miracles of chapter and verse numbers. I think basic biblical numerics (with no chapter and verse numbers) would fit the bill just fine, as well. Throughout the Bible, various numbers do have an ascribed meaning attached. The big ones that are obvious is number seven, the number three.

And why do you have to include this in your post: "For if a Christian says John 3:16 to you, do you slam them with your words about how the chapter and verse numbers are not in the Bible" ? That kind of personal attack seems very unlike you.
My apologies. It was not my intention to attack you personally but it was to attack what I feel is the wrong belief. Imagine from my perspective. If I am correct, and God did guide the hands of men to place the chapter and verse numbers in the Bible, and a person were to vehemently attack that, I was merely setting out to defend the working of God and or His providence in history involving the church. I honestly did not know how far you would speak against chapter and verse numbers, but my point was to drive home the idea that they certainly do have a purpose in God’s church (of which He intended - like a Christian saying John 3:16 to one another, and with a Pastor telling his flock to turn to a certain place in the Bible, etcetera). God who knows the future surely would have known about the Chapter and verse numbers and realize the importance to the body of Christ. They are in most bibles today. I believe God speaks to us today with the Book of the LORD we have now in English.

(To be continued).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the book of the LORD in Isaiah 34:16 is In reference to our Bible today based on the context.

Isaiah 34:16 says, “Seek ye out the book of the LORD, and read…”

full

The context of who is to seek out the book of the LORD are all nations or the whole Earth (or the world).

full

We see Isaiah 34 match up with Revelation.

full

full

full

Therefore, seeing this book of the LORD would exist during the End Times in Revelation as predicted by Isaiah (In Isaiah 34), we must have a book of the LORD today seeing we clearly are drawing closer to our Lord’s return with all the spiritual dark things going on in this world (With many things just getting worse and worse each day).

Note: These screen captures are taken from the video by Brandon Preston here:
If you are interested, he actually explains this better than me.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we can see from my last post (above), the first and last verses of the Bible have the same number of…

#1. Letters.
#2. Words.
#3. Vowels.
#4. Consonants.

What are the odds of that happening?
These are not just random verses but the first and the last.
Hey, I was just wondering, have you yourself confirmed these letter and word counts? I haven't, so I'm wondering if you have.

Much love!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1 (KJV): In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Revelation 22:21 (KJV): The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Genesis 1:1 has 10 words; Revelation 22:21 has 12 words.
Genesis 1:1 has 44 letters (not counting spaces); Revelation 22:21 has 43 letters.
Genesis 1:1 has 17 vowels, Revelation 22:21 has also has 17 vowels.
Genesis 1:1 has 27 consonants, Revelation has 26 consonants.

So clearly these counts differ.

Now what source/translation are you using to come up your figures? Keep in mind that the written ancient Hebrew had no vowels.