Biblical Proof Of A Pretribulation Rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

It would appear that you simply cannot comprehend Scripture. Notice you said "in this evil world" which shows your lack of comprehension.

The Millennium is the precursor for the literal, physical, visible, tangible, ETERNAL Kingdom of God on earth under Christ (after His second coming), and the New Heavens and the New Earth will literally see this Kingdom established, where there will be eternal righteousness and peace.

For those who are not scoffers and naysayers, kindly read and study my thread on this subject, which simply organizes every prophecy in Isaiah (alone) pertaining to this matter. It is all simply quotations from Isaiah (KJV) and they are rather extensive, and cannot be refuted. The title of the thread in the Eschatology section is:

CHRIST’S LITERAL KINGDOM ON EARTH: AN ACCOMPLISHED FACT FOR GOD
Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world. You say it is. Who should we believe? He says it comes without observation. You say it comes with observation. Jesus says flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom. You say it can. Jesus says one must be born again to see it. You say that is not necessary, anyone can see a physical kingdom....and so on. Who do we believe? You or Jesus?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel’s Restoration?

Many think God’s restoration of Israel happens 7 years after the rapture in a 1000 year long millennium. But this has several difficulties. One, nobody but the Father knows the time for Israel’s restoration.

“When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.” (Acts 1:6–7)

The single event which none but the Father knows the time of is the resurrection on the last day. And if we consider believers in Christ as biblical Israel, the resurrection speaks of Israel’s restoration into the New Heavens and earth.

Acts also places this on the last day.

“Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.” (Acts 3:19–21)

And making sure this refers to the last day and end of the world, Matthew says;

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” (Matthew 24:35–36)

So while many look for a physical 1000 yearlong kingdom in this evil world, God’s restoration of Israel speaks of the new heavens and earth coming about on the last day when as Peter says;

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” (2 Peter 3:10–13)

I don't buy it. I read many vss that suggest that Israel's blindness will be lifted and vss that suggest God has put a veil over them temporarily, but will once more lead them into the desert and speak tenderly to them there again.

Also, we just see different things in end times vss. You tend to see them in an either/or way. I tend to see them in a BOTH way.

I see both sides of nearly every debate there is ignoring some vss.

D

Dave L

I don't buy it. I read many vss that suggest that Israel's blindness will be lifted and vss that suggest God has put a veil over them temporarily, but will once more lead them into the desert and speak tenderly to them there again.

Also, we just see different things in end times vss. You tend to see them in an either/or way. I tend to see them in a BOTH way.

I see both sides of nearly every debate there is ignoring some vss.
Jesus IS Israel along with believers in the New Covenant. The broken off unbelievers are not. These are Antichrists according to John because of their saying Jesus is not the Messiah. Only through faith in Christ will God reattach any of them to Israel in Christ. “And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.” (Romans 11:23)

And consider “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) So there are no promises to the unbelieving Jews apart from their acceptance of him.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS Israel along with believers in the New Covenant. The broken off unbelievers are not. These are Antichrists according to John because of their saying Jesus is not the Messiah. Only through faith in Christ will God reattach any of them to Israel in Christ. “And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.” (Romans 11:23)

And consider “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) So there are no promises to the unbelieving Jews apart from their acceptance of him.

Yes, I agree, it will only be through faith in Christ. But I don't say He will not lift the temporary blindness He has put on them. If God puts blindness on a man, he will never see unless his blindness is lifted. Not a single one of us would see unless He had healed our blindness and unstopped our deaf ears. Not a single one.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree @stunnedbygrace because it is prophesied that He will restore the Israel people and they will return to Him....
Jeremiah 32:38
A Promise of Restoration
…37I will surely gather My people from all the lands to which I have banished them in My furious anger and great wrath, and I will return them to this place and make them dwell in safety. 38They will be My people, and I will be their God. 39I will give them one heart and one way, so that they will always fear Me for their own good and for the good of their children after them.…

Hosea 14:4-7 King James Version (KJV)
4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.

6 His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.

7 They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world. You say it is. Who should we believe? He says it comes without observation. You say it comes with observation. Jesus says flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom. You say it can. Jesus says one must be born again to see it. You say that is not necessary, anyone can see a physical kingdom....and so on. Who do we believe? You or Jesus?

Yes, agree....Thumb.gif

D

Dave L

Agree @stunnedbygrace because it is prophesied that He will restore the Israel people and they will return to Him....
Jeremiah 32:38
A Promise of Restoration
…37I will surely gather My people from all the lands to which I have banished them in My furious anger and great wrath, and I will return them to this place and make them dwell in safety. 38They will be My people, and I will be their God. 39I will give them one heart and one way, so that they will always fear Me for their own good and for the good of their children after them.…

Hosea 14:4-7 King James Version (KJV)
4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.

6 His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.

7 They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
You must interpret the OT from the NT. Under the New Covenant, God reveals that Jesus is Israel and all of the promises made to OT Israel are yes in Christ. Only in Christ do we have rights to the promises.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must interpret the OT from the NT. Under the New Covenant, God reveals that Jesus is Israel and all of the promises made to OT Israel are yes in Christ. Only in Christ do we have rights to the promises.
ehh...well it was spoken by the prophets and confirmed by Christ and confirmed again in Revelation.....the Day of Restoration will occur.

D

Dave L

ehh...well it was spoken by the prophets and confirmed by Christ and confirmed again in Revelation.....the Day of Restoration will occur.
If you do not abide by what Jesus says about the kingdom and Israel, you add to Revelation when importing OT physical kingdom ideas into it.
“I testify to the one who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.” (Revelation 22:18–19)

Reactions: pompadour

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not abide by what Jesus says about the kingdom and Israel, you add to Revelation when importing OT physical kingdom ideas into it.
“I testify to the one who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.” (Revelation 22:18–19)
Well you better talk Jesus about that.....even He quoted OT prophets such as Daniel.....and I did not import anything...I said it was confirmed in Revelation. That is totally different.
Sometimes you speak good wisdom...then sometimes you say something that is totally off the wall. SMH

D

Dave L

Well you better talk Jesus about that.....even He quoted OT prophets such as Daniel.....and I did not import anything...I said it was confirmed in Revelation. That is totally different.
Sometimes you speak good wisdom...then sometimes you say something that is totally off the wall. SMH
But he did not interpret the OT the way the pharisees did. You need to learn the NT before you try to drag the OT into Revelation.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Proof Of A Pretribulation Rapture

Matthew 24:42-44, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” —Hebrews 11:5

Our Lord Jesus Christ taught that He might come back at any time, suddenly, imminently, without any notice or signs. The most important characteristic of Christ's return is that it could happen without warning, suddenly, catching us off guard if we're not faithfully serving our Master...

Mark 13:33-37, "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

The Lord told us TO WATCH, because He might come back at any time, suddenly. For anyone to teach that the Rapture cannot happen until after the 7-year Tribulation period is blatant heresy. There's absolutely no way that the Rapture could happen after the Tribulation. There are numerous reasons. The following passage of Scripture 100% proves the Pretribulation return of Christ...

Matthew 24:42-44, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”

If Postribulation heresy were true, then we would know absolutely that Christ cannot return until after the Rapture (which would make Matthew 24:42-44 impossible). How can we watch for the Lord's imminent and sudden return if He cannot return until after all the tragic events of the 7-year Tribulation period (as taught in the book of Revelation)? The only logical and workable conclusion is a Pretribulation Rapture, that is, the Rapture will take place BEFORE the Tribulation Period.
Oh please, get serious!

Reactions: Helen and Dave L

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
This does indeed appear to be the case, and worth noting. I've heard some say Darby was the author and others that it originated with a woman from the same time period. Obviously both were wrong.

We may disagree on the timing of the rapture, but I can certainly go along with this (in principle). My personal take is that revelation is going to increase among the remnant, who will continue to grow in the knowledge of God even as the lukewarm and apathetic are growing ever more distant. And I think the question over the rapture will work itself out over time as the time of its fulfillment draws nearer.

Indeed. And if we agree that there will be a rapture, wether pre mid or post, then there is very little we don't agree on. Shalom!