Big Baptism Argument!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show where He rejected the command to be baptized? Did you really want to discuss these three things. or just push your baptismal gospel?

I already posted what the Lord said in His Word.

Free free to reject the Word of the Lord if you think this is what you need to do.

When I was 4 years old I was going to grow up and become a cartoon. I SEE YOU SUCCEEDED

My avatar is not an actual picture of me.

Her personal story YOU will scoff at... but no one should. She has been tied to another she had not met
and that tie was Christ Jesus and this depiction of Him.

Ok, so people think that picture is of the singer Kenny Loggins back when he was younger and with a beard.

It's not what Jesus looks like because Jesus is a Jew and not a white dude.

God's Word says we should not have images like this as it leads to idolatry and at best misleads people to pay more attention to a picture than what the Lord says which is what really matters.

There is NOTHING graven about it at all. It IS Christ Jesus looking at you.

Not true. You have NO earthly idea what Jesus looks like and the point is this is idolatry claiming some painting of Kenny Loggins is Jesus

We should be paying attention to what the Lord says in His Word rather than worrying about what He looks like which is irrelevant. So when you look at this pic do you hear the song "Highway to the Danger Zone"?

Pic1__JPEG.jpg

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said he rejected baptism, Please show where he said that
Free free to reject the Word of the Lord if you think this is what you need to do.
I got baptised. So I am not rejecting the word. I believe everyone should be baptized.

Reactions: mailmandan

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My avatar is not an actual picture of me.

Ok, so people think that picture is of the singer Kenny Loggins back when he was younger and with a beard.

It's not what Jesus looks like because Jesus is a Jew and not a white dude.

God's Word says we should not have images like this as it leads to idolatry and at best misleads people to pay more attention to a picture than what the Lord says which is what really matters.

Not true. You have NO earthly idea what Jesus looks like and the point is this is idolatry claiming some painting of Kenny Loggins is Jesus

We should be paying attention to what the Lord says in His Word rather than worrying about what He looks like which is irrelevant. So when you look at this pic do you hear the song "Highway to the Danger Zone"?

View attachment 43044
Not even close.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it incredibly odd that even when information ... fairly in-depth information... about a person living or dead is presented people will simply not read it. Much less consider it to be accurate.

Especially when it comes to anything they cannot relate to God or Christ Jesus. IF THEY have not had a personal experience then it is "fake news" :eek:

Even though there was an unrelated source confirming my Avatar is a true representation
of Jesus' appearance.

Puts me in mind when I was in grade school and I would have a classmate have a sleepover
and I would ask if she wanted to go to church with us the next day. Nope. Not the Roman Catholic ones. THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SET FOOT IN A PROTESTANT CHURCH. (Guess their priests felt they might start to question what they were taught?)

Or puts me in mind of family that never had a bible in their house. Raised Roman Catholic their learning only was from the priest and church interpretation and not to question. That person is now dead. As of last year and I still remember how I was told she laughed when my dad said in a family get together he was grateful for Jesus dieing for him.

People are very odd. Very odd. AND they DO NOT WANT TO LEARN OR HEAR ANYTHING COUNTER TO THEIR BELIEFS....

Wonder why they join forums such as this one scratch.gif

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it incredibly odd that even when information ... fairly in-depth information... about a person living or dead is presented people will simply not read it. Much less consider it to be accurate.

Especially when it comes to anything they cannot relate to God or Christ Jesus. IF THEY have not had a personal experience then it is "fake news" :eek:

Even though there was an unrelated source confirming my Avatar is a true representation
of Jesus' appearance.

Puts me in mind when I was in grade school and I would have a classmate have a sleepover
and I would ask if she wanted to go to church with us the next day. Nope. Not the Roman Catholic ones. THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SET FOOT IN A PROTESTANT CHURCH. (Guess their priests felt they might start to question what they were taught?)

Or puts me in mind of family that never had a bible in their house. Raised Roman Catholic their learning only was from the priest and church interpretation and not to question. That person is now dead. As of last year and I still remember how I was told she laughed when my dad said in a family get together he was grateful for Jesus dieing for him.

People are very odd. Very odd. AND they DO NOT WANT TO LEARN OR HEAR ANYTHING COUNTER TO THEIR BELIEFS....

Wonder why they join forums such as this one View attachment 43054
Most just want to bully people into believing the way they do and pump their chest..

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most just want to bully people into believing the way they do and pump their chest..

Some post what God says in His Word and someone gets upset that their religious apple cart got turned over.

You said he rejected baptism, Please show where he said that

He who????

I got baptised. So I am not rejecting the word. I believe everyone should be baptized.

That's good to hear seeing this is what God's Word teaches.

Can you show where He rejected the command to be baptized? Did you really want to discuss these three things. or just push your baptismal gospel?

He who???

And it's the Lord that commands us to be baptized, not me.

Both sides agree God told us to be baptized. and both sides I am sure would say we are in sin if we do not get baptized.

That settles it then, nothing else to say.

Those that say we don't have to be baptized are in error. Simple.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some post what God says in His Word and someone gets upset that their religious apple cart got turned over.

Yes, Religious people who think they are saved by their works do get upset. No one likes to be told the work they did will nto save them

He who????
Actually she, Rella

So you reject God's command in scripture to be baptized?

Did you tell the Lord to go pound sand you don't feel like following this particular command or something?
And you were actually quite rude about it..

To be saved, we do not HAVE to be baptized.

That is the error. and also a false gospel of works.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, you two.... lets narrow this down.... provided there is enough space.

@Bill Judson @Eternally Grateful

You are ignoring content by this member.
Replies by

Eternally Grateful

Yes, Religious people who think they are saved by their works do get upset. No one likes to be told the work they did will nto save them

He who????
Actually she, Rella

So you reject God's command in scripture to be baptized?

Did you tell the Lord to go pound sand you don't feel like following this particular command or something?

That is not true:

You, I assume, both are King James fans..... but look what happened with the oldest New Testament text.

Just look what the chapter of Mark 16 says .. in both

AND BEFORE YOU SAY THEY ARE IDENTICAL LOOK WHERE CODEX SINAITICUS STOPS.... THE OLDEST RECORD
GIVEN TO US.

THEN YOU TELL ME WHO ADDED TO IT.... AND READ THE BALANCE IN THE KJV AND IT SIMPLY MAKES NO SENSE IN THAT LOCATION. And in the coldest there was no verse 16.

King James Version Codex Sinaiticus
1 “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, 1 “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. anoint him.

2 And very early in the morning the first day of the 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the
week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising
of the sun. of the sun.

3 And they said among themselves,Who shall roll us 3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us
away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?

4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was 4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was
rolled away: for it was very great. rolled away: for it was very great.

5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young 5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young

man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long garment; and they were affrighted. white garment; and they were affrighted.

6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: 6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted:
Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified:
he is risen; he is not here: behold the place he is risen; he is not here: behold the place
where they laid him. where they laid him.

7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that 7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that
he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall
ye see him, as he said unto you. ye see him, as he said unto you.

8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the 8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed:
neither said they any thing to any man; for they neither said they any thing to any man; for they
were afraid. were afraid.

8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the
sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither
said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid.

9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the
week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene,
out of whom he had cast seven devils.

10 And she went and told them that had
been with him, as they mourned and wept.

11 And they, when they had heard that he was
alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

12 After that he appeared in another form unto two
of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

13 And they went and told it unto the residue:
neither believed they them.

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they
sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief
and hardness of heart, because they believed not
them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world,
and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that
believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink
any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them,
he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right
hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where,
the Lord working with them, and confirming the word
with signs following. Amen.

CORRECT! To be saved we have to be born again and that is NOT OF WATER.

I know nothing of your gospel of works.......

Ephesians 2:8-9 states 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

OR DID PAUL LIE?????

Anyway.... believe of me what you will. IDC. But I increasingly am coming down on the side of Martim Luther and even odd ball John Calvin on this. tipping_hat_smiley.gif

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, you two.... lets narrow this down.... provided there is enough space.

@Bill Judson @Eternally Grateful

Replies by

Eternally Grateful

Actually she, Rella

That is not true:

You, I assume, both are King James fans..... but look what happened with the oldest New Testament text.

Just look what the chapter of Mark 16 says .. in both

AND BEFORE YOU SAY THEY ARE IDENTICAL LOOK WHERE CODEX SINAITICUS STOPS.... THE OLDEST RECORD
GIVEN TO US.

THEN YOU TELL ME WHO ADDED TO IT.... AND READ THE BALANCE IN THE KJV AND IT SIMPLY MAKES NO SENSE IN THAT LOCATION. And in the coldest there was no verse 16.

King James Version Codex Sinaiticus
1 “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, 1 “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. anoint him.

2 And very early in the morning the first day of the 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the
week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising
of the sun. of the sun.

3 And they said among themselves,Who shall roll us 3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us
away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?

4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was 4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was
rolled away: for it was very great. rolled away: for it was very great.

5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young 5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young

man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long garment; and they were affrighted. white garment; and they were affrighted.

6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: 6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted:
Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified:
he is risen; he is not here: behold the place he is risen; he is not here: behold the place
where they laid him. where they laid him.

7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that 7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that
he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall
ye see him, as he said unto you. ye see him, as he said unto you.

8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the 8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed:
neither said they any thing to any man; for they neither said they any thing to any man; for they
were afraid. were afraid.

8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the
sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither
said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid.

9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the
week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene,
out of whom he had cast seven devils.

10 And she went and told them that had
been with him, as they mourned and wept.

11 And they, when they had heard that he was
alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

12 After that he appeared in another form unto two

of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

13 And they went and told it unto the residue:
neither believed they them.

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they
sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief
and hardness of heart, because they believed not
them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world,

and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that

believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink
any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them,
he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right
hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where,
the Lord working with them, and confirming the word

with signs following. Amen.

CORRECT! To be saved we have to be born again and that is NOT OF WATER.

I know nothing of your gospel of works.......

Ephesians 2:8-9 states 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

OR DID PAUL LIE?????

Anyway.... believe of me what you will. IDC. But I increasingly am coming down on the side of Martim Luther and even odd ball John Calvin on this. View attachment 43145
I am not quite sure of what you are trying to say to me.

I was just calling him out because he made a claim against you which was false..