Binding of Satan - Explanation from Full Preterist Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be blunt, I don't think the preterists are capable of understanding. They are so deep in false doctrine that the truth is hidden from them. This mess with the preterists is as deep as false doctrine can go.
Ditto

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is speaking of the future generation that will witness that these things are taking place!

In vs 34 "This Generation" is not the generation Jesus is speaking to at the time, but the future generation that will see those things come to pass.
That word genea can also be translated "nation", as in, "this ethnic group". Jesus had just finished saying that if those days had not been cut short, no flesh would survive, but for the sake of the chosen, they have been cut short. Now He is promising that the nation would not all die before He fulfills all these things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be blunt, I don't think the preterists are capable of understanding. They are so deep in false doctrine that the truth is hidden from them. This mess with the preterists is as deep as false doctrine can go.
Revelation is from the Lord.

Love hopes all things!

:)

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, the problem with false teaching is that the context of scripture is not taken into the mix. They just pick a verse and build a doctrine on it and don't even know what's being said!

In Matt. 24:34 Jesus not speaking of the generation present at His time. This mistake is the failure to study the context!

Up to vs. 33 He is telling the Jews what is to come to pass before the great tribulation, He is showing them how to know it is here.

Vs. 33,

" So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors"

He is speaking of the future generation that will witness that these things are taking place!

In vs 34 "This Generation" is not the generation Jesus is speaking to at the time, but the future generation that will see those things come to pass.
So how does one decide where to subjectively place themselves into the text?
I mean do you just make the insertion where ever it fits your narrative?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how does one decide where to subjectively place themselves into the text?
I mean do you just make the insertion where ever it fits your narrative?

Contrary to preterists belief that is not what we do. We believe in taking all surrounding context before interpreting scripture.

If Christ has already come, then He is ruling as King over this earth. He's doing a pretty lousy job of that wouldn't you think?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrary to preterists belief that is not what we do. We believe in taking all surrounding context before interpreting scripture.

If Christ has already come, then He is ruling as King over this earth. He's doing a pretty lousy job of that wouldn't you think?

If? What if Jesus wasn’t a liar, and when he said his kingdom was not of this world he was telling the truth?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And you’ve yet to answer my question.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If? What if Jesus wasn’t a liar, and when he said his kingdom was not of this world he was telling the truth?

So let's look at that verse!

John 18:36

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

The preterists, as I have said do not believe in taking in all the relative scripture into context!

You notice it says, NOW is not my kingdom.....

Does that mean it will be in the future?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let's look at that verse!

John 18:36

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

The preterists, as I have said do not believe in taking in all the relative scripture into context!

You notice it says, NOW is not my kingdom.....

Does that mean it will be in the future?
Greek: ἐντεύθεν
Transliteration: enteuthen
Pronunciation: ent-yoo'-then
Definition: From the same as G1759; hence(literally or figuratively); (repeated) on both sides:- (from) hence on either side.
KJV Usage: hence (6x), on either side (with G2534) (4x), from hence (3x).
Occurs: 13
In verses: 11

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek: ἐντεύθεν
Transliteration: enteuthen
Pronunciation: ent-yoo'-then
Definition: From the same as G1759; hence(literally or figuratively); (repeated) on both sides:- (from) hence on either side.
KJV Usage: hence (6x), on either side (with G2534) (4x), from hence (3x).
Occurs: 13
In verses: 11

Yes, the preterists find a way don't they!

Christ was speaking of a literal kingdom when He said "My kingdom is not of this WORLD."

And He was speaking of a literal kingdom when He said "not NOW is My kingdom from hence."

Any way you want to look at it, your spiritualizing won't work here, my friend!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the preterists find a way don't they!

Christ was speaking of a literal kingdom when He said "My kingdom is not of this WORLD."

And He was speaking of a literal kingdom when He said "not NOW is My kingdom from hence."

Any way you want to look at it, your spiritualizing won't work here, my friend!
Okay since we are now friends,,,,, is the surrounding text where you place yourself into Matthew here?

Matthew 24:31 KJV
[31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay since we are now friends,,,,, is the surrounding text where you place yourself into Matthew here?

[31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

When you figure out (by reading the context) who Christ is talking to, then you will know who the "elect" are!

Any guesses?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You will have to restate this. I'm not guessing anything with a preterist.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you figure out (by reading the context) who Christ is talking to, then you will know who the "elect" are!

Any guesses?
I need your help Charlie, because it seems that the text is saying that God sends his angles to gather his elect out of heaven?

wait a minute,,, could it be that what all the New Testament writers were saying about looking for a new heaven and new earth was true, and that this means they were his elect in the old heaven of the first century,,,, you know his elect awaiting his return to gather them from that old heaven?

how can there be a new heaven unless there was an old one?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s have another look my friends,

Does God send His angles from heaven to heaven to gather His elect?

Or is there a problem with the theology or translation?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need your help Charlie, because it seems that the text is saying that God sends his angles to gather his elect out of heaven?

wait a minute,,, could it be that what all the New Testament writers were saying about looking for a new heaven and new earth was true, and that this means they were his elect in the old heaven of the first century,,,, you know his elect awaiting his return to gather them from that old heaven?

how can there be a new heaven unless there was an old one?

Yes, you do need my help! I'm just the guy you've been looking for!

Do you remember Christ saying, "I have come only for the lost sheep of Israel?" He meant that!

Matt. 24 is prophecy given by Christ exclusively for Israel.

The elect in Matt. 24:31 is Israel! He will gather what is left of them from the Great Tribulation.

If you had read the "context" you would have known this prophesy is all about Israel.

Reactions: ChristisGod