Binding of Satan - Explanation from Full Preterist Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They believe almost everything he states aside from the whole Jesus is God thing.

It might serve you well to look up what a fundamentalist is and compare that to the JW's.

You will find a world of difference. But it is true that the JW's share some things in common with many denominations.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They believe almost everything he states aside from the whole Jesus is God thing.
Well that’s a MAJOR difference . And I have not seen one thing in common with them . Can you name a few . I’ve debated JWs since the 70’s so I’m very familiar with their teachings

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He didn't lie! He was speaking to future Israel that have His words written in scripture, this New Testament. They can read what Christ said almost 2000 years ago and know when it about to happen.

He was speaking to them through scripture not the generation of the apostles. The generation He is peaking of is yet to come.

Again, "this generation" is the future generation of Israel that will witness the signs that the Great Tribulation is here!

Charlie,

Oh so that means you are waiting for a third temple too? I take it as that Jesus would be coming back to save all those who went through persecution and suffering in that day in age that lead up to the destruction of Jerusalem.

Hey maybe I am wrong and you are right, it is just very hard to get around the language and the verbiage of that day in age as the Apostles went around telling people to be ready for the Lords coming, to very real and breathing human beings who did in-fact suffer for their faith in Christ which they were put to death for.

Maybe I’m just blind and can’t see Jesus having talked about some “2000 year later” generation, cause I don’t think I understand you properly maybe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I think about it, in that day in age when Paul had written there was the nation of Israel who thought they would survive Gods wrath just because they were born from the Abarahmic seed line, but the real Israel was those which were part of the new Israel which was by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ being part of the new economy which was of the spirit and not of the Law which lead the Pharisees and scribes to reject Christians, and they would probably persecute them saying your Lord is going to return for you, and mock them, and kill them even, it is a very interesting history for sure @Charlie24

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also have John the baptism preaching about how the Axe was laid at the root of the tree and how, that alludes to the fact of Nation Israel being cut off which was brought out of Egypt, (futurist today believe that because Israel had become a state or nation again in 19?? That set the courses for the future generation of when Jesus was to come back? I guess).

John said to the Pharisees and Sadducee’s, who has told you fleeing Gods wrath? Matthew 3:7

Which would bring in a new age of dispensation, or administration which was by the spirit and there was a lot of mocker of Jesus and a lot of people against those first century Christians.

Paul said Romans 9:6 to the people of that day in age called saints, It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore because of all these reasons I simply believe many things were for that generation, and that whole world, whole land, from Rome, Asia Minor, the nation is Israel was involved in the coming of the Lord and destruction came about which obliterated all the priesthood, animal sacrifices which they had still done in that day in age, all the genealogies and all of their land in Jerusalem was destroyed by fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But maybe I’m just blind. :) either way it goes I’ll stick to what I know and not try to play around with anyone about because my desire is to live in authenticity (which is a personal choice) and if people think “Matthew your a nut” would rather that than try to lie about what I believe or have come to know, about the Bible. And love God and others.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charlie,

Oh so that means you are waiting for a third temple too? I take it as that Jesus would be coming back to save all those who went through persecution and suffering in that day in age that lead up to the destruction of Jerusalem.

Hey maybe I am wrong and you are right, it is just very hard to get around the language and the verbiage of that day in age as the Apostles went around telling people to be ready for the Lords coming, to very real and breathing human beings who did in-fact suffer for their faith in Christ which they were put to death for.

Maybe I’m just blind and can’t see Jesus having talked about some “2000 year later” generation, cause I don’t think I understand you properly maybe.

The timing of the resurrection is so debated that many doctrines have come from it.

If you believe in the rapture, that is what the Church is looking for. Paul was looking for it in his lifetime, I'm looking for it in my lifetime, and so on.

There are so many theories to the resurrection and the Second Coming that it's very confusing. This is why man must study the scripture to see what is true. But there is one thing for sure, you must have the Holy Spirit to reveal these truths to you. It doesn't matter what man may say.

John 14:26

" But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

That's not just a promise to the apostles, it's a promise to all that have Him dwelling in the heart by faith. He is the Teacher of the Word, and He's the One that can "teach you all things." It would be a good idea to get to know Him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The timing of the resurrection is so debated that many doctrines have come from it.

If you believe in the rapture, that is what the Church is looking for. Paul was looking for it in his lifetime, I'm looking for it in my lifetime, and so on.

I believe it was for those first century Christian’s, but also we to experience that “rapture” today in whenever our time of death occurs. I believe Jesus came and rescued his bride in that first century age in 70Ad and I believe by faith it came. So there is no argument with me about that happening, as I believe Jesus did come as promised to get them and save them from the wrath poured out among the nation of Israel, bodily, and it’s all by faith that I believe it.

There are so many theories to the resurrection and the Second Coming that it's very confusing. This is why man must study the scripture to see what is true. But there is one thing for sure, you must have the Holy Spirit to reveal these truths to you. It doesn't matter what man may say.

It’s important to study.

John 14:26

" But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

This still happens today and it’s incumbent for us to understand that as a believer they are seen as the children of God, or Sons and daughters of God for those who walk by the spirit, to have love for God and love for others.

Christian’s are part of the Heavenly Kingdom by and through faith. Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world.

Dying to ourselves with Christ, being buried with Christ and being raised again spiritually in Christ now today and Christian’s who worship God in spirit and truth are building up their new spiritual inner man/woman as they increase their faith through study of the scripture and learning and growing in the knowledge of God.

That's not just a promise to the apostles, it's a promise to all that have Him dwelling in the heart by faith. He is the Teacher of the Word, and He's the One that can "teach you all things." It would be a good idea to get to know Him.

Absolutely sir.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I think about it, in that day in age when Paul had written there was the nation of Israel who thought they would survive Gods wrath just because they were born from the Abarahmic seed line, but the real Israel was those which were part of the new Israel which was by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ being part of the new economy which was of the spirit and not of the Law which lead the Pharisees and scribes to reject Christians, and they would probably persecute them saying your Lord is going to return for you, and mock them, and kill them even, it is a very interesting history for sure @Charlie24

Where many go wrong is this passage of scripture.

Rom. 9:5-7

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called."

This is just what you were talking about.

They don't see that "for they are not all Israel" as being those who are not in the faith, of the seed of Abraham.

They have invented all types of Israel's and taken them into false doctrine.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it was for those first century Christian’s, but also we to experience that “rapture” today in whenever our time of death occurs. I believe Jesus came and rescued his bride in that first century age in 70Ad and I believe by faith it came. So there is no argument with me about that happening, as I believe Jesus did come as promised to get them and save them from the wrath poured out among the nation of Israel, bodily, and it’s all by faith that I believe it.

It’s important to study.

This still happens today and it’s incumbent for us to understand that as a believer they are seen as the children of God, or Sons and daughters of God for those who walk by the spirit, to have love for God and love for others.

Christian’s are part of the Heavenly Kingdom by and through faith. Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world.

Dying to ourselves with Christ, being buried with Christ and being raised again spiritually in Christ now today and Christian’s who worship God in spirit and truth are building up their new spiritual inner man/woman as they increase their faith through study of the scripture and learning and growing in the knowledge of God.

Absolutely sir.

No, the timing of the rapture was not for the 1st century Christians.

God had plan from the very beginning that's been in effect for about 6000 years now. That plan was redeeming man who He knew would fall having been given his own free will. Redemption is the story of the scripture from Gen. to Rev.

That plan must include a perfect sacrifice for man's sin, and it must be a man to pay man's sin debt. All this took time.

God had to create a nation to bring forth this Man, He had to prepare that nation for His coming. And after He came what He had done for mankind had to reach the four corners of the earth.

That is still taking place today. The rapture/ resurrection will take place when all this is wrapped up, in God's perfect timing.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Charlie, what it is you are waiting for? What is your over all view of things?

And what I mean by this is will you simply share with me simply what it is you are expecting, as far as “end times” are you waiting it for Jesus to come back? I much rather a person just be straightforward and honest with their views and it cuts all the talk most of the time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God had plan from the very beginning that's been in effect for about 6000 years now. That plan was redeeming man who He knew would fall having been given his own free will. Redemption is the story of the scripture from Gen. to Rev.

That plan must include a perfect sacrifice for man's sin, and it must be a man to pay man's sin debt. All this took time.

God had to create a nation to bring forth this Man, He had to prepare that nation for His coming. And after He came what He had done for mankind had to reach the four corners of the earth.

That is still taking place today. The rapture/ resurrection will take place when all this is wrapped up, in God's perfect timing.

Maybe this is your overall view and I accept you as a human being and respect your views. What people believe is up to them. I believe that everything has been wrapped up and no one has to agree with me. I don’t really care, so lol… I’m not trying to be dismissive or try to mock or ridicule anyone, as I have done my best to be authentic and share what I beliefs freely with everyone.

Because I’m not afraid to share that I believe everything has been done and completed even despite opposition that says differently, if we cant love each other despite the difficulties and differences we aren’t being Christ-like to one another. You know what I mean friend?