Binding of Satan - Explanation from Full Preterist Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you do need my help! I'm just the guy you've been looking for!

Do you remember Christ saying, "I have come only for the lost sheep of Israel?" He meant that!

Matt. 24 is prophecy given by Christ exclusively for Israel.

The elect in Matt. 24:31 is Israel! He will gather what is left of them from the Great Tribulation.

If you had read the "context" you would have known this prophesy is all about Israel.
Good job I always say a text without the context is a pretext for a proof text . Many are just prooftexters .

Reactions: Charlie24

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you remember Christ saying, "I have come only for the lost sheep of Israel?" He meant that!

The elect in Matt. 24:31 is Israel! He will gather what is left of them from the Great Tribulation.

If you had read the "context" you would have known this prophesy is all about Israel.
Oh I see,,, so the angels only gather his elect, because I’m still having trouble seeing where you fit into Matthew? Should be very simple to show me?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And how is it they are gathered from heaven?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see,,, so the angels only gather his elect, because I’m still having trouble seeing where you fit into Matthew? Should be very simple to show me?

It's very simple! If I'm alive here on earth when this prophecy takes place, I will have been raptured out of here before the Great Tribulation begins.

Christ says to the Church,

Rev. 3:10

" Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

This is the Great Tribulation Christ is prophesying in Matt. 24.

I will be taken out of here as Paul tells us in 1 Thes. 4:13-18. before Israel and the rest of the world face this horror.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's very simple! If I'm alive here on earth when this prophecy takes place, I will have been raptured out of here before the Great Tribulation begins.

" Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

I will be taken out of here as Paul tells us in 1 Thes. 4:13-18. before Israel and the rest of the world face this horror.
We got another problem Charlie,

1 Peter 5:13 KJV
[13] The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.
This says the church is the Elect

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also have a problem here with what world Jesus is talking about. In John 18:20 now he could have been confused,,, he was under a lot of stress.

John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also have a problem here with what world Jesus is talking about. In John 18:20 now he could have been confused,,, he was under a lot of stress.

John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m kinda leaning towards what @Mattew is stating that he did return for his elect in the first century

The temple was destroyed we know that and we also have a new calendar.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We got another problem Charlie,

1 Peter 5:13 KJV
[13] The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.
This says the church is the Elect

"Elect" is placed in context to scripture! Context is everything when interpreting scripture.

The "elect" of the Church are all the born-again believers all over the world.

As far as Israel is concerned, they are the "elect" chosen before the foundation of the world to bear God's Law and be the womb of the Saviour of the world. They are a chosen people who were to introduce Christ to the Gentile world.

But they failed! They rejected their own Messiah. But God has not forsaken them, He will keep His promise to Abraham, that his seed will inherit the Kingdom of God.

You see, there are 2 plans taking place at the same time in this world, one for the "elect" which is Israel, and one for the "elect" who are in Christ by faith.

Israel failed to proclaim Christ, so Christ made His Church to proclaim the Gospel. The Church is doing the job Israel was called to do.

But now Israel is still in unbelief, and God will use the Great Tribulation to bring them back to Him. It will be a terrible time for Israel, the Old Testament calls it, "the time of Jacob's trouble." But God will save Israel His "elect" from before time began!

Reactions: marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel failed to proclaim Christ, so Christ made His Church to proclaim the Gospel. The Church is doing the job Israel was called to do.
Well another problem.
Paul said the gospel had been preached to every creature under heaven and your saying they failed?

but it is interesting how you see there being two separate elect, so does this mean you’ve changed your mind and you are the elect of God?

I’m only trying to understand how you are in Matthew, I believe you said it’s in the surrounding text. Please save me from the suspense and just give me 1 small scripture?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I get it before the great future tribulation your telling me is coming happens, not only does the temple have to be rebuilt but also the seven churches of revelation

Because they no longer exist, but the good news is the Euphrates is drying up so Russia can get all their horses and chariots across.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you’ve yet to reconcile 1 Peter 5:13

One at a time and I will do this all day for you to understand. But make your questions clear so I can clearly answer them!

I Peter 5:13

"The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son."

Who is Peter talking to so we know who the "elect" are here?

I Peter 1:1-2

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Peter is speaking to Gentiles, they are the "elect" through faith in Christ.

The Gentiles are not the "elect" called by God in His original calling to introduce Christ to the world.

The Church must realize we are God's second choice. That is very significant to the Word of God.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it before the great future tribulation your telling me is coming happens, not only does the temple have to be rebuilt but also the seven churches of revelation

Because they no longer exist, but the good news is the Euphrates is drying up so Russia can get all their horses and chariots across.

You are all over the place here, covering thousands of years in scripture time.

What am I to do with this? Can you ask a specific question concerning any of this?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One at a time and I will do this all day for you to understand. But make your questions clear so I can clearly answer them!

I Peter 5:13

"The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son."

Who is Peter talking to so we know who the "elect" are here?

I Peter 1:1-2

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Peter is speaking to Gentiles, they are the "elect" through faith in Christ.

The Gentiles are not the "elect" called by God in His original calling to introduce Christ to the world.

The Church must realize we are God's second choice. That is very significant to the Word of God.
As it would be, we have another problem you say the Gentiles are strangers but scripture written to the Hebrews says this.

Hebrews 11:13 KJV
[13] These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all over the place here, covering thousands of years in scripture time.

What am I to do with this? Can you ask a specific question concerning any of this?
Well, within the whole council of God what your telling me doesn’t fit.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it would be, we have another problem you say the Gentiles are strangers but scripture written to the Hebrews says this.

Hebrews 11:13 KJV
[13] These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

They were strangers to Peter, he had never met them! Good grief, I see we are going to have a huge communication problem here!

In Hebrews 11, the hall of faith, these men confessed this world was not their home, their home is with God.