Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible.
Fourteen times, is the word, "bride," mentioned in the New Testament, only oonce in the Gospel of John, and then 4 more times in Rev. In John, the "bridegroom" is said to be Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21: "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband." <---Is this to mean that the Jews are the "bride"? And, Christians will be the "guests" at the wedding supper of the Lamb? After all, the Jew's ARE the chosen of God...and I believe it is a Hebrew custom for the Father to choose the wife of their sons...not sure but, it's what I have heard said.
Any thoughts?

Well, a lot of Messianics hold to that view. The truth is that the saints come from every tribe and tongue and nation. In Christ there is no distinction. They are the bride. The guests are the righteous and these also come from every nation.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
All good stuff @Stumpmaster ! Yet, why do we not ever see the "Church" or the "Body of Christ mentioned in Revelation? Not even one time? It seems as though the Jewish people are who are spoken of in Rev. Maybe it is because The Church is already gone?
Ty :)
Thanks for your reply, Nancy. My perspective on the Book of Revelation is that it reveals "The Perfect Completion Of God's Plan" using lots of imagery, symbolism, metaphors, similies, sequences and representations.
When I read about the seven stars in the right hand of Christ, and the seven candlesticks or lampstands which Christ is in the midst of, and consider the explanation given in the first chapter, I understand that God's Word is light and this is carried to His representative ekklesia by representave messengers.
I believe the seven Spirits before the throne of God, the seven messengers and the seven ekklesias mentioned in chapters 1 to 3 are an introduction to the further sequences of seven that follow: 7 seals, 7 horns & 7 eyes of the Lamb which are 7 Spirits of God sent to earth, 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 thunders, 7 heads on dragon, 7 crowns on dragon's heads, 7 heads on beast from the sea, 7 vials, 7 mountains, 7 kings.

All these sevens emphasis PERFECT COMPLETION, and so it is with God's Plan for the Body of Christ represented in the Book of Revelation by the seven ekklesias: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea.

In the Revelation given to John the 7 stars shining God's message to 7 lampstands are symbolic of both PERFECTION and COMPLETION, and while elsewhere in Scripture "the called out ones" are described metaphorically as a body having many members with Christ as the Head, to illustrate COMMUNALITY & FUNCTIONALITY, the purpose in Revelation is to advise of the future when all things are fulfilled according to God's Plan. This is why a different vocabulary is used that extends beyond the concept of a body and its members, and even beyond the concept of a bride once that union has been established.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Where is Christ Revealed, after all?
:)
dunno about that "future" part though, "unlike" lol
Agree with you.
Not everyone is in the Bride ...and the bride comes out of the Church .

I believe the bride is of the overcomes ( found in Revelation )
As it says “ Many are called , but few are chosen”

yeh, work to make your calling and election sure i guess huh

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What then would be the point in "following" them? I thought when you click on "follow" on in their profile would "Alert" us to what they post?
no, but it is quite a bit handier to follow and have a button on your home page, rather than having to hunt them down, if they arent in notables. i guess.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where is Christ Revealed, after all?
:)
dunno about that "future" part though, "unlike" lol
the present is better than any conceivable past, by any measure we can objectively identify, and you should not trust tomorrow people imo
Death, More Abundantly is not Life, more abundantly

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible.
Fourteen times, is the word, "bride," mentioned in the New Testament, only oonce in the Gospel of John, and then 4 more times in Rev. In John, the "bridegroom" is said to be Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21: "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband." <---Is this to mean that the Jews are the "bride"? And, Christians will be the "guests" at the wedding supper of the Lamb? After all, the Jew's ARE the chosen of God...and I believe it is a Hebrew custom for the Father to choose the wife of their sons...not sure but, it's what I have heard said.
Any thoughts?
My dear... I believe the chosen of God are from all nations, tongues and people and not the Jews only. Israel is a metaphor for God's people as is Jerusalem, as is the term 'Jew' as Paul verifies. To misunderstand this is to be on the back foot, nay, it is to look in the wrong places for the fulfilment of God's promises; it is to navel gaze so to speak and miss the larger picture.

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good stuff @Stumpmaster ! Yet, why do we not ever see the "Church" or the "Body of Christ mentioned in Revelation? Not even one time? It seems as though the Jewish people are who are spoken of in Rev. Maybe it is because The Church is already gone?
Ty :)
Nancy...there are seven churches mentioned in Revelation:

Revelation 2:7
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't "concluded" anything yet, that is why I posted this thread
This is a conclusion: "I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible." It means that you presumably did your due diligence and came up empty. But since you arrived at this conclusion, it is clear that you failed to do your homework.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and His Wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints... And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the Bride, the Lamb's Wife. (Rev 19:7,8;21:9)

So ask yourself a few of questions:
1. Is a wife a bride until the marriage ceremony?
2. Is Christ clearly designated as a divine Bridegroom?
3. If that is true, then is it not logical that there is a Bride?
4. Has God the Father given His Son a Bride?
5. Does espousal mean betrothal, and does that apply to brides?
6. So who can possibly be the Bride, if the saints are at the marriage of the Lamb?
7. And Who can possibly be the Lamb?
8. Is there such a term as "the Lamb's Wife" And what does it mean?
9. Who then is the Wife of the Lamb? And why should the Lamb have a Wife?
10. What is the spiritual significance of presenting such a relationship in the context of salvation?

Then search out the answers starting with these words of John the Baptizer:He that hath the Bride is the Bridegroom: but the friend of the Bridegroom, which standeth and heareth Him, rejoiceth greatly because of the Bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. (John 3:29)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a conclusion: "I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible." It means that you presumably did your due diligence and came up empty. But since you arrived at this conclusion, it is clear that you failed to do your homework.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and His Wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints... And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the Bride, the Lamb's Wife. (Rev 19:7,8;21:9)

6. So who can possibly be the Bride, if the saints are at the marriage of the Lamb?
10. What is the spiritual significance of presenting such a relationship in the context of salvation?

Then search out the answers starting with these words of John the Baptizer:He that hath the Bride is the Bridegroom: but the friend of the Bridegroom, which standeth and heareth Him, rejoiceth greatly because of the Bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. (John 3:29)
This would imply the bride is the Holy Spirit

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, and the only way to posses this is to have witnessed the wedding, even to have been born of it.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also have a look at this @Nancy
1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV
[15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Greek: γεννάω
Transliteration: gennaō
Pronunciation: ghen-nah'-o
Definition: From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate: - bear beget be born bring forth conceive be delivered of gender make spring

BEGOTTEN!
Paul says IVE begotten you?

His seed remains in you.

Tecarta Bible

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"I could give you a dozen Scriptures, but where's the fun in that? "
COP OUT Enoch! You won't find even one!
"It would be far better for you to personally set aide your incorrect conclusion"
I haven't "concluded" anything yet, that is why I posted this thread :)
zing

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy...there are seven churches mentioned in Revelation:

Revelation 2:7
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
Hi Scott,
I was simply wondering why I could not find the "phrase" THE Bride of Christ".
And, now I wonder why would someone like myself think I could understand anything in Rev. lol. :confused:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, a lot of Messianics hold to that view. The truth is that the saints come from every tribe and tongue and nation. In Christ there is no distinction. They are the bride. The guests are the righteous and these also come from every nation.

Hi Epi,
Yes, the "guests" is something we were speaking about one time when we were on Voom. And, it has haunted me since then. There was some kind of ecumenical gathering at the Episcopal Church that runs the Center I go to often last week, and it got me back to wondering about them (guests) not just Christians but all faiths. so then, this is all YOUR fault!!! :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch, I was simply wondering why we don't see the term that is tossed around allot "The Bride of Christ" I KNOW the term "Bride" is in there many times but, not the phrase. And, my reading kind of made me wonder if the Bride was the Jews and also who the "guests" were. Thanks.

Reactions: marks