Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can still bear an eternal kind of fruit by being LED by the Spirit...which is far less than walking IN the Spirit (as Jesus did). There is a difference between someone who is abiding in Christ and one who goes to Christ for direction...or is listening to God's voice.

ok. Still it is His increase. Lesser fruit and greater fruit sounds as if the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, unto glory and praise of God is ...it is either His fruits (works) or not. Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Reactions: marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok. Still it is His increase. Lesser fruit and greater fruit sounds as if the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, unto glory and praise of God is ...it is either His fruits (works) or not. Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
Gird the lions and strengthen that which remains.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gird the lions and strengthen that which remains.

John 13:3-5 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; [4] He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. [5] After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Notice that the eternal fruit is at different levels of honour...gold, silver and precious stones. Gold would be walking in the light as Jesus did. And precious stones are those times where we are led to do the things that were prepared in advance. (Unsure where silver fits in...but it is somewhere in between)

Likewise the works of the flesh are at different levels of futility....wood, hay and stubble.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that the eternal fruit is at different levels of honour...gold, silver and precious stones. Gold would be walking in the light as Jesus did. And precious stones are those times where we are led to do the things that were prepared in advance. (Unsure where silver fits in...but it is somewhere in between)

Like wise the works of the flesh are at different levels of futility....wood. hay and stubble.

" And precious stones are those times where we are led to do the things that were prepared in advance." (Eph. 2:10).
Would you liken this to something like giving to the poor and showing mercy to those less fortunate to ourselves (from the heart). Having TRUE compassion on those who are oppressed? Would that be being "led" by The Spirit?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" And precious stones are those times where we are led to do the things that were prepared in advance." (Eph. 2:10).
Would you liken this to something like giving to the poor and showing mercy to those less fortunate to ourselves (from the heart). Having TRUE compassion on those who are oppressed? Would that be being "led" by The Spirit?
This is His seed sown.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is that which remains.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13:1-8 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
But she remains.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

" [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

I wonder, is there scripture stating when these things shall cease? Fail?
This verse throws me and leaves me in the dark as, I cannot see where they will cease, yet...? On the fence here.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That's being righteous. People of all religions do this. Loving your neighbour as yourself.

Being led by the Spirit is always about doing miraculous things...that no man can do on his own. Walking in the Spirit by abiding in Christ makes us walk EXACTLY as Jesus did...no sin whatsoever.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

This verse throws me and leaves me in the dark as, I cannot see where they will cease, yet...? On the fence here.
Proverbs 25:4-7 KJV
[4] Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer. [5] Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness. [6] Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men : [7] For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.

Tecarta Bible

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

when perfect love comes which is not “nothing” but fruitful. 2 Peter 1:4-8 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 3:19-20 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. [20] Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's being righteous. People of all religions do this. Loving your neighbour as yourself.

Being led by the Spirit is always about doing miraculous things...that no man can do on his own. Walking in the Spirit by abiding in Christ makes us walk EXACTLY as Jesus did...no sin whatsoever.

Seems I could live for thousands of years and never reach these heights. :(

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[4] Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer. [5] Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness. [6] Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king, and stand not in the place of great men : [7] For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.

Tecarta Bible

Revelation 4:1-2 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. [2] And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tecarta Bible

Luke 14:7-9
"7 When Jesus noticed how the guests chose the places of honor, He told them a parable: 8“When you are invited to a wedding banquet, do not sit in the place of honor, in case someone more distinguished than you has been invited. 9Then the host who invited both of you will come and tell you, ‘Give this man your seat.’ And in humiliation, you will have to take the last place.…"

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems I could live for thousands of years and never reach these heights. :(

are you of low estate? Then blessed are you for yours is the Kingdom of God. Don’t know why others are setting themselves as the gold and discouraging you from it. 1 Peter 1:7-8 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found (Remain) unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: [8] Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you already are. Do you not know He who begun a good work in you will do it.

Agreed, of course but...to be totally and fully sinless as Jesus? I dunno. Maybe I think I am sinning when I'm really not? I always come back to 'now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus' yet, it is a struggle to even like myself when unkind thoughts and criticisms flit through my mind. We cannot always blame Satan so...where do these thoughts come from? Repentance is immediate when they do come yet, it is really "repentance" if it happens again?
Oh the humanity!
kdHbgJ.gif