Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you feel I'm "attacking" you??
All I said is that you would do better to counsel your anti-Catholic Protestant brethren to stop lying instead of attacking ME for exposing them.

I didn't accuse YOU of anything . . .

Why do you bold words? Just curious.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just seems excessive honestly. In type sound sarcastic. But maybe that is just me.
Perhaps you should bring that up to the dozens of other posters here who format their text . . .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should bring that up to the dozens of other posters here who format their text . . .

Alright, I was just mentioning it. I'm not trying to attack you. You have some good input. Thanks for sharing.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you feel I'm "attacking" you??
All I said is that you would do better to counsel your anti-Catholic Protestant brethren to stop lying instead of attacking ME for exposing them.

I didn't accuse YOU of anything . . .
I urge forgiveness, as Christ does, and instead you urge me to attack other people. Yes, people do bad things, I get that-- I myself have spent my entire life being persecuted because folks life about what I believe. But instead of turning bitter and going on a anti crusade, I try to forgive and prayer for those that persecute me instead -- that's what Christ Himself urges us to do. If someone wants to listen to the truth, I gladly explain. But I try to never attack them, never to assume people are attacking, don't urge others to attack the lie-tellers, and apologize quickly when I do screw up by lashing back.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I urge forgiveness, as Christ does, and instead you urge me to attack other people. Yes, people do bad things, I get that-- I myself have spent my entire life being persecute because folks lie about what I believe. But instead of turning bitter and going on a anti crusade, I try to forgive and prayer for those that persecute me instead -- that's what Christ Himself urges us to do. If someone wants to listen to the truth, I gladly explain. But I try to never do I attack them, never to assume people are attacking, don't urge others to attack the lie-tellers, and apologize quickly when I do screw up by lashing back.

Wonderful post.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I urge forgiveness, as Christ does, and instead you urge me to attack other people. Yes, people do bad things, I get that-- I myself have spent my entire life being persecuted because folks life about what I believe. But instead of turning bitter and going on a anti crusade, I try to forgive and prayer for those that persecute me instead -- that's what Christ Himself urges us to do. If someone wants to listen to the truth, I gladly explain. But I try to never attack them, never to assume people are attacking, don't urge others to attack the lie-tellers, and apologize quickly when I do screw up by lashing back.
Uhhh, no – you’re being dishonest now.
I NEVER urged you to attack anybody. I merely stated that you should go after your fellow Protestants for being dishonest instead of attacking ME for holding them accountable for lying.

In other words – instead of shooting the messenger (ME) – admonish your brethren for their . That’s the Christian thing to do . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh, no – you’re being dishonest now.
I NEVER urged you to attack anybody. I merely stated that you should go after your fellow Protestants for being dishonest instead of attacking ME for holding them accountable for lying.

In other words – instead of shooting the messenger (ME) – admonish your brethren for their . That’s the Christian thing to do . . .
Dude, you are completely ignoring my point about forgiveness, and instead returning it with personal insults and more of your vendetta.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you have produced not evidence...only claims made out of your own prejudice.
Your complete silence in the face of a constant barrage of lies by your fellow anti-Catholics is MORE than enough evidence of your fraudulence . . .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your complete silence in the face of a constant barrage of lies by your fellow anti-Catholics is MORE than enough evidence of your fraudulence . . .
"25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
---Christ, the Son of God. Mark 11.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, you are completely ignoring my point about forgiveness, and instead returning it with personal insults and more of your vendetta.
No "vendetta" here. I'm just holding the hypocrisy mirror in front of you because your outrage is pointed in the wrong direction . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
---Christ, the Son of God. Mark 11.
This doesn’t have anything to do withforgiveness. It’s abouttruth vs. lies.

I forgive when someone sins against me. Those who are telling lies aboutChrist’s Church are sinning against HIM – not me. I’m simply holding them - and YOU accountable . . .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doesn’t have anything to do withforgiveness. It’s abouttruth vs. lies.

I forgive when someone sins against me. Those who are telling lies aboutChrist’s Church are sinning against HIM – not me. I’m simply holding them - and YOU accountable . . .
AND CHRIST HIMSELF COMMANDS YOU TO FORGIVE THEM.

Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a sad little man, trying so hard to rationalize a religion you worship as a god.
Dang Willie.....You let us down. I was looking forward to you giving your evidence. I was hoping you could teach me something I can't seem to find on my own. :(

I know the selling of indulgence thing went on in the CC many years ago (not condoned by the Church) but I just can't seem to find good hard documentation about the Church approving it.

In all fairness, the sins of a man does not make The Church sinful or it's doctrines/dogma invalid.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane,

Where did @BreadOfLife urge you or others to "attack the lie-tellers"? It appears to me he is only asking other members not to tell lies (facts that are easy to prove/disprove) about the CC AND he is also asking for other members to call out liars for their lies. Calling out a liar does not sound unreasonable to me. Does it to you?

Do you wish somebody would have stood up for you when you were being persecuted about what you believe? ESPECIALLY if they were telling lies about what you believe? That is all he is asking and it does not seem unreasonable.

Mary

BTW....Jesus would expose lies just like BOL is doing!

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dang Willie.....You let us down. I was looking forward to you giving your evidence. I was hoping you could teach me something I can't seem to find on my own.
He has NO evidence.
BUT, to an anti-Catholic - the lie is always more fun to spread . .