• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
The issue is, not understanding something, because its not taught anymore.

Let me show you., reader.

"born again"..

What is that?

That is the SPIRIT, in you..........that has become BIRTHED by God's Holy Spirit, into God Himself, as "God is A Spirit".

Colossians 2:11

See that Spiritual = Birth? That is the CHRISTian........ and that is not your body, or your mind or your BEHAVIOR.

Notice.

You are a Spirit, who lives in a body, and you have a soul.

So, the Spirit, is the real you, that is eternal, which was separated from God, by sin.

When God deals with your sin, through the Cross of Christ, He then gives your SPIRIT the "new Birth", and your SPIRIT is born again, as "the new creation IN CHRIST".... not your body or your mind.

Christian, you'll get a NEW Body, and your mind has to be RENEWED....

So, its the born again Spirit = this is the "Son/Daughter of God".. and there is no sin found there.

The problem, is understanding that its your BORN AGAIN Spirit, that is become "in Christ" "one with God'.
And why this is unknown theology, is because this is related to the Grace of God, and the Grace of God, and being born again... what all this means, is no longer taught to the body of Christ.

And until you understand this, regarding who you have become as "born again, In CHRIST"... Spiritually... then you will THINK of yourself as "what i did, is who i am= Christian",...."What i do, is who i am = Christian"., and in fact, its your Born Again SPIRIT that is the "Son/Daughter of God"., that is the "new Creation IN Christ."

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

Because our sin has separated us from GOD, and "God is A Spirit"...... we remain in this LOST condition, until we are BORN....again... into spiritual union with God.

This is the 'new birth" that creates the "new Creation..... IN.... Christ'.

Listen...

1.) God had to solve our sin issue as we can't solve it.

And Holy God's justice that is HIS judgement against SIN, has to be eternally satisfied..= All sin has to be FORGIVEN and resolved forever, or we can't become "one with God" "in Christ'" for eternity.

Notice this verse....

= "without the shedding of BLOOD, there is no remission, no forgiveness, no pardon, of sin".

So, what God has done.. is He sent His only begotten virgin born Son to the Cross.... to BE THAT BLOOD Sacrifice for All YOUR SIN.

2.) When we come to God, by FAITH in Christ.... God accepts our faith, and applies what has been completed by JESUS on the Cross to us, as our Blood Atonement, that is the sacrifice of Christ for ALL our sin.

"God hath made JESUS.... to BE SIN.....for us".

"Jesus is the ONE TIME..... ETERNAL.... Sacrifice for sin"..

So, when we come to Christ, by faith, God takes that Blood of Jesus and deals with all our sin, FOREVER.

3.) And now forever being "made free from sin", God is able to join (Birth) our spirit unto Himself by the Holy Spirit...., and that is to become BORN... again.... = Spiritually... And this is to eternally become a Son/Daughter of God... as a "New Creation in Christ", "The Temple of the Holy Spirit".

Jesus said.."You must be born again", ....and God Himself causes this spiritual birth to happen, the instant we give God our FAITH, In Christ.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The issue is, not understanding something, because its not taught anymore.

Let me show you., reader.

"born again"..

What is that?

That is the SPIRIT, in you..........that has become BIRTHED by God's Holy Spirit, into God Himself, as "God is A Spirit".
Tell that to someone who isn’t Born Again....if you had said that to me....when I was unregenerate....I would have called you “ Bonkers” Brother,,,,LOL.

Hallelujah!!....he brought us into his truth....how merciful and gracious is our God?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Tell that to someone who isn’t Born Again....if you had said that to me....when I was unregenerate....I would have called you “ Bonkers” Brother,,,,LOL.

Hallelujah!!....he brought us into his truth....how merciful and gracious is our God?

Yes.

The carnal mind in an unbeliever cannot discern the word of God.

A deceived believer, who is "fallen from Grace" also can't hear with spiritual understanding.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.

The carnal mind in an unbeliever cannot discern the word of God.

A deceived believer, who is "fallen from Grace" also can't hear with spiritual understanding.
Amen,Brother.

When we are fallen from grace....only God can bring us back...is this correct?

If not ,please explain?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen,Brother.

When we are fallen from grace....only God can bring us back...is this correct?

If not ,please explain?

When a believer does not believe that Jesus keeps them saved........

= That is "broken faith", which is : "fallen from Grace".

Broken faith, is, to not believe that Jesus who saved you,,,, keeps you saved.......no matter what..

See that "no matter what"?..

This is the issue with the carnal mind, as the carnal mind, is self righteous, and wants to "self save".
In other words, ... the person has fallen from "i know that Jesus keeps me saved, the same way that He saved me:":"... into...>"ok, here is what i have to do NOW, to try to keep myself saved.".

So, once the faith in a person, becomes broken like that....then they become.. : SELF righteous..

"Self righteous", has stopped believing that Jesus keeps you saved, and now the person it trying to do that by SELF...effort.

Self Righteousness, is trying to be accepted by God based on SELF SELF SELF effort.

They will sound like this..

"Yes, i know that Jesus is the Savior......>"But.......>BUT.......BUT.....NOW>... i have to... "do this" and "do that" , and be sure i "dont do that'.. "and keep this and keep that"......and if i perfectly keep all my DO's and Don't's on my SELF SAVING LIST ....perfectly, then i am saving myself..

You'll also find faith broken people trying to "confess sin" to try to stay saved or to become saved again... = No faith in Christ.

See, all That is not trusting in GOD's Grace... or understanding it at all......as all .that is trusting SELF.. righteousness., and that means the person doing that is : "FALLEN...from Grace'.

= broken faith.

Still saved. (if they are born again).
Still going to heaven, but deceived regarding BELIEVING the fact that Jesus who saves you, keeps you saved.

And a person says... "how can you no longer believe that ... """""Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved".

A.) "fallen from Grace."

B.) "in the Flesh" (Carnal minded)

C.) Broken faith.

These people all believe they can lose their salvation, because they are trying not to lose it based on SELF righteousness, instead of believing that Jesus who saves you, KEEPS You Saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Notice this Reader.

Lets say you dont believe that Jesus keeps you saved... = '" i believe i can lose my salvation"...

Then.... if you dont believe that Jesus keeps you saved.......then WHO DOES?

Who does?
Who are trusting in... to keep you saved.... if not Jesus?

That would be YOU, trying to keep yourself saved. And you can't keep yourself saved, exactly as you could not save yourself to begin with..

See it?

Always and only TRUST in Jesus to get you to heaven.
Its why He died for you, reader.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Peter 1:23 - having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

A better paraphrasing of this verse IMHO is: -

1 Peter 1:23 - having been brought forth from where we were, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But that statement could not possibly be applied to those who claim to be “born again”, but who have no knowledge of what it actually means in the big picture….not remotely possible……or is it? (Matt 7:21-23)

Is there any possibility that one could be deceived into believing that they are “born again” when it is apparent that their knowledge is confined to a few very selective verses that apparently tell them what they want to hear.….but the holy spirit apparently can’t tell them how to explain it…..so they have to refer you to someone else….is that how the holy spirit works @Ritajanice ?

Let me start by asking….”what is God’s Kingdom”? You know, the one Jesus taught us to pray for?

And what did Jesus mean when he said “this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations” before God brings “the end” of the entire satanic mess into which Adam’s sin led us? (Matt 24:14; 1 John 5:19) What is this “good news of the Kingdom” that we are supposed to be telling people about?

Then let me ask if all “Christians” are supposed to be “born again”…..and what it means for them, both now and in the future?
Why are they chosen, and for what purpose? What is their role as you see it? If there is election, then there has to be a reason for it. How does it fit in with God’s original purpose for his earth and the humans that God designed to live here forever?

Let’s start there.….

As for OSAS….don’t get me started….(Matt 24:13; 2 Peter 2:20-22)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When a believer does not believe that Jesus keeps them saved........

= That is "broken faith", which is : "fallen from Grace".

Broken faith, is, to not believe that Jesus who saved you,,,, keeps you saved.......no matter what..

See that "no matter what"?..
Yes, I see that…but that is what you say…NOT what the Bible says at all.

If you hold to the belief that Jesus has you saved no matter what you do, that is delusional. You can lose your salvation if you sin deliberately in full knowledge of God’s law on the matter. Deliberate sin, once you have been enlightened, is not forgivable, unless genuine repentance is demonstrated. That means you cannot commit the same sin and expect God to forgive you…because it means that your repentance was not genuine to start with.

Salvation requires one to endure in the Christian faith until God brings the curtain down on this wicked world, under satan’s control…. (Matt 24: 13; 1 John 5:19)….or to the end of your life, which ever comes first.

The devil cannot force us to do anything, but he can tempt Christians to break God’s commands and sever their relationship with him. Look how successful he was with the Israelites on the brink of entering the Promised Land….he lured them into breaking God’s moral laws and God had those ones put to death.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you hold to the belief that Jesus has you saved no matter what you do, that is delusional. You can lose your salvation if you sin deliberately in full knowledge of God’s law on the matter. Deliberate sin, once you have been enlightened, is not forgivable, unless genuine repentance is demonstrated. That means you cannot commit the same sin and expect God to forgive you…because it means that your repentance was not genuine to start with.

Salvation requires one to endure in the Christian faith until God brings the curtain down on this wicked world, under satan’s control…. (Matt 24: 13; 1 John 5:19)….or to the end of your life, which ever comes first.

The devil cannot force us to do anything, but he can tempt Christians to break God’s commands and sever their relationship with him. Look how successful he was with the Israelites on the brink of entering the Promised Land….he lured them into breaking God’s moral laws and God had those ones put to death.
Amen!

Reactions: amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any possibility that one could be deceived into believing that they are “born again” when it is apparent that their knowledge is confined to a few very selective verses that apparently tell them what they want to hear.….but the holy spirit apparently can’t tell them how to explain it…..so they have to refer you to someone else….is that how the holy spirit works @Ritajanice ?
You saw my last post to you , that’s why I invited you over here to discuss Born Again?

I already explained it to you in that thread...I will explain again.

I am asking @Behold into the conversation because he is a teacher...that is all....he doesn’t need to explain what being “ Born Again “ means to me, I already know what it means.

My other question to you, the carnal mind/ flesh doesn’t please God...it’s also hostile to God?

Being Born Again is a spiritual birth, where God births our spirit into the Holy Spirit...as scripture says.

Let’s start here...

John 3:7​

7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[a] must be born again.’

Why is Jesus saying one must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?

What does that mean even?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Also,@Aunty Jane ..let’s walk through this scripture.

New International Version​

Romans 8.....​

Life Through the Spirit​

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death.

Maybe @Behold can come in here also....how have we been set free from sin?...

3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.
12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Present Suffering and Future Glory​

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified;those he justified, he also glorified.

More Than Conquerors​

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you hold to the belief that Jesus has you saved no matter what you do, that is delusional. You can lose your salvation if you sin deliberately in full knowledge of God’s law on the matter. Deliberate sin, once you have been enlightened, is not forgivable

God’s word doesn’t say you must be enlightened to see the Kingdom of God....he says you must be Born Again......God also says a Born Again doesn’t continue to sin....so, why are you adding to God’s word.?

Once you have been enlightened....which means what exactly?

Ephesians 1:18
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

New Living Translation
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.

English Standard Version
having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

Berean Standard Bible
I ask that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints,

God’s word is saying may the eyes of your heart be enlightened?

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God...he doesn’t say you must be enlightened....

So, my question to you is....enlightened?....using scripture please.

Also a Born Again is in God’s Kingdom which is Spirit?.....that’s how a Born Again can understand the word, as they are Born of God....via the Holy Spirit?

Maybe the one who has agreed with you on that post, can come in and explain, quoting you?

, unless genuine repentance is demonstrated. That means you cannot commit the same sin and expect God to forgive you…because it means that your repentance was not genuine to start with.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you hold to the belief that Jesus has you saved no matter what you do, that is delusional. You can lose your salvation if you sin deliberately in full knowledge of God’s law on the matter. Deliberate sin, once you have been enlightened, is not forgivable, unless genuine repentance is demonstrated. That means you cannot commit the same sin and expect God to forgive you…because it means that your repentance was not genuine to start with
A Born Again can NEVER lose their salvation.....

Once you have been “ Enlightened “ ?......use scripture please......how were you enlightened?

Those who say they were enlightened.......who told you that you were enlightened?

We share in the heavenly gift, when we have been birthed in the Spirit.....how can you share in the gift , before you become Born Again?

Of course, God can be drawing them to Jesus, by illuminating his words in the Bible to someone.....but, you must be Born of God, Born Again, before he will ever recognise us as his child....

Which is a supernatural experience that only God can do.....he testifies with our spirit that we are his children......he speaks to our spirit......now, that is most definitely a supernatural act of God, how does he do it.....he does it through the testifying with our spirit.the Holy Spirit does it through the will of God....how would I explain that?......one can’t....because it was the Living word of God?

Tasting of the heavenly gift , is the rebirth,Born Again...
We are enlightened after we have received the Spirit of truth and NOT before....we must be Born Again, then we are enlightened..as God’s word says.

Hebrews 6:4
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,

New Living Translation
For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit,

English Standard Version
For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit,

Berean Standard Bible
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,

Berean Literal Bible
For it is impossible for those once having been enlightened, and having tasted of the heavenly gift, and having become partakers of the Holy Spirit

God’s seed is ?
1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

How can a Born Again deliberately sin...when they have been birthed in the Spirit?

Please post scripture as well as your opinion please?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
s there any possibility that one could be deceived into believing that they are “born again” when it is apparent that their knowledge is confined to a few very selective verses that apparently tell them what they want to hear.
Is it also possible that those who think enlightened saves them, have been deceived,?when they post very little to explain this....and only cherry pick verses from scripture?

Being enlightened saves no one....one must be Born Again..... then they are enlightened.....

One must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God and understand his word.

Other than that...one is just leading themselves through scripture......we must be Born Again...then it’s the Holy Spirit who leads us through scripture?

Spiritually awakened is another name.....well.....only God can awaken one’s spirit....by becoming Born Again) Born of God.....you still haven’t explained the rebirth/ Born Again?

This topic is all about being Born Again...so, I can be led by the Spirit to talk all about it....until my hearts content.

I hope the poster who has been quoting you...comes in and explains the rebirth and what it means to be Born Again....as of yet, I have never ever seen them explain the rebirth and what it means to be birthed in the Spirit...?

Apparently when I speak the word of God, they have said,I’m getting one up on them.....seriously....

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is Jesus saying one must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?

What does that mean even?

@Ritajanice….talking with you is like being trapped in a revolving door….you don’t answer questions directly, but in a very vague manner that betrays little to no actual Bible knowledge.

Its the most fundamental question a Christian can be asked……WHAT IS GOD’S KINGDOM?….and you have no idea what it is in real terms….all I get is airy fairy comments and unexplained scripture that skirts all around my questions. Give me a real answer from the Bible.

Why did Jesus tell his disciples to preach about God’s Kingdom? You do not even know what it is, (which you can do very easily from scripture if you know anything about it apart from the scripture that seems to say what you want it to say)…….yet you declare that you are already in it……unless you have experienced the rebirth that the Bible speaks about, your answers will continue to be vague, and you will continue to avoid the questions asked of you, obviously because you simply don’t know the answers.

What is the point of bringing me here when @Behold is no better at explaining scripture than you are.
He puts his own spin on it, but you lap that up because he claims to be “born again” too…does he preach the same “Christianity” as you do? Does he know what the Kingdom of God is?
Are you a OSAS subscriber too? It’s absolute nonsense….nothing more than a license to sin.

You say he is a teacher…..I have been a teacher for going on 50 years….what is he going to teach me?

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.