• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I won’t if you won’t.....promise.....I don’t see anyone with a big stick forcing you to read what I write.....do you?

No, but apparently it makes you angry.....don’t put words in God’s mouth....We will all find out soon enough what makes him angry....believe me....:ummm:
Post reported...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Interpreting John 11:25-26: “I am the resurrection and the life…”​

March 24, 2017 by Brian

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
As is often the case in John’s Gospel Jesus is recorded as using the same words with subtlety different meanings.
In verse 25 Jesus uses life to refer to resurrection life. So even the one who’s body is buried, if he is a believer, will live despite his death. He will be resurrected.
But in verse 26 Jesus speaks of one who lives and believes never dying. Here “lives” is probably referring to eternal life. John it is clear that eternal life is not something that believers will get in the future; it is something that believers have now.

Praise God that we have that security in his “ Living word” testified by the Holy Spirit with our spirit that we are his children...

Born Again and in his Kingdom!!.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Post reported...
LOL.....You can dish it up but you can’t take it yourself....”post reported”...are you serious?
Should I report you then? Read over what you have been saying to me....what a joke.

I’m putting you on ignore....enough of your nonsense now.....

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praise God that we the Born Again, have been set free from sin...

What an Honour to be Alive in God’s Holy Spirit....wahoooooo!!!!!

Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Berean Standard Bible
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Berean Literal Bible
Now you are not in flesh but in Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you; but if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him.

King James Bible
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1699006626058.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another.

John.11 Verses 25 to 26​

1. [25] Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
How anyone can not understand this I can not understand myself.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets start here then…..what does it mean to “believe” if James could say that….”the demons believe and shudder”? (James 2:19) This takes “belief” into something beyond a mental acknowledgment of something…..it is more correct IMO, to use the term “exercise faith” rather than just “believe”.

It helps to show a little more context, then we will know what the devils believe that causes them to tremble. The devils, like the Church in the wilderness, all faithful saints who believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the First and the Last, the One True God and only Saviour for mankind, understand this truth well. The desire of the devils is not eternal life, they know if they can prevent the spiritual Kingdom of God from being built as the Church takes the Gospel unto all the earth through the power of the Holy Spirit, they will never be cast into the lake of fire prepared for them and all who follow them.

James 2:18-20 (KJV) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Our works demonstrate faith that is not like the devils who have not works of righteousness, as believers in Christ do. Just as Abraham was justified (declared righteous), not eternally saved by his obedience to God. It was because Abraham BELIEVED God that obedience to Him naturally followed. Abraham was NOT saved through obedience; he was obedient because he believed God (already eternally saved).

James 2:20-24 (KJV) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Abraham's belief in God was so strong that he was ready and willing to sacrifice his son, knowing that God would raise him up again through the burnt offering that God would provide Himself. A man is not reconciled to God by his/her works of righteousness, but through the righteousness of Christ alone.

Genesis 22:8-13 (KJV) And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

James is not telling us we MUST "exercise faith" through righteous works to be or remain eternally secure in Christ. James is saying that our faith or believing in Christ is made perfect through our obedience to do good works because we are already eternally saved.

James 2:22 (KJV) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

I don't hear anyone in this discussion arguing that believers are not ordained to be doers of the Word and not merely hearers only. Or that we can live our lives without doing and still be eternally secure in Christ. Only those who believe man is only temporarily saved and will only remain saved IF they do good works, are arguing that it is our works that offer temporary life in Christ, and that we cannot have eternal life in Christ if we stumble and fall and commit sin. This doctrine is so far from truth that it is truly cringeworthy! Is our belief in Christ like that of the devils, who believe there is ONE God, and that ONE God; Jesus Christ, mankind's Lord and Saviour, or is our belief in Christ being perfected by our works of righteousness, doers and not merely hearers only?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s start here then…..what does it mean to “believe” if James could say that….”the demons believe and shudder”? (James 2:19) This takes “belief” into something beyond a mental acknowledgment of something…..it is more correct IMO, to use the term “exercise faith” rather than just “believe”. We can “believe“ like the demons or believe, like Jesus…..who demonstrated his faith in everything he did and taught.
The word believer means to have an assurance, a confident trust. It is not the mere Belief of demons in James, They believed there was one God.. The belief that saves has confidence and assurance that God is not only who He says he is, But he keeps his promises.

The same God that said we are dead because of sin, and that we must be born again. By looking to the cross. Which is payment for our sin. The cost of love and forgiveness. And that whoever looks to the cross. Will NEVER PERISH, but will LIVE FOREVER (eternal or everlasting life)

In no statement of scripture is sin excusable, so for the minor misdeeds, those carried out because sin was born into our DNA, (Rom 5:12) Jesus’ death covered the ones we inherited from Adam. But for the serious sins which merited stronger punishment under his Law, there was intent and a deliberate disregard for what God said was NOT to be done. Jesus’ sacrifice did nothing to change that. Serious sin will never be tolerated unrepentantly. Repentance is the basis for forgiveness.
This just shows you do not understand the law. Once a year the high priest had to make reparations for the sin of the people Committed the year Prior. It was called the day af atonement, He did not sacrifice all those innocent animals for Minor misdeeds, or the sin in our DNA, It was for every sin the people committed since the last time the High Priest intervened. At that time ever sin was said to be passed over or forgiven, the price of justification being the blood.

The law also said if you break one command, your guilty. James said if we even STUMBLE in one point (You do not stumble on purpose) you are guilty of all the law. And a sacrifice is required for attonment. No statement of scripture says only certain sins are ok, and other sins are not. The wage of sin is death..

even the word translated sin (hamarte) Means a failure, a fault, guilt

anything we do which falls short of Gods standard (perfection) is sin, because we have failed, we are at fault, and we are guilty.

Again, why do you lower the standard of the law?

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice and rwb

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins”. (Acts 2:38)
“Christian“ isn’t a label….it is a descriptor…..it is one who follows Christ as their model.
We can “believe“ but it means nothing unless it is followed by living in harmony with Christ’s teachings every day of our lives.

If I say I “have” a dog, that is one thing, but if I say I “exercise” my dog…that means you take your dog for a walk….our Christian “walk” is way more that just saying we “believe”…words are empty without action……we show it by the way we live our lives…..just as Jesus did and left us the model. (1 Pete 2:21) “Faith without works is dead”.…yet you say we don’t need them.

So starting there I already see large gaps in your arguments.
Your Gaps are based on your inability to understand what I am saying. How many times do we have to go over the same ole stuff and you still show you have an inability to comprehend?

A dog who is saved is no longer a dog. He/she is a new creation. He no longer acts like a Dog. He acts as his new creation.

Thats the difference between you and me, I believe Gods new children WILL change, they WILL show works.. You think they may.. and if they fail they will lose salvation.

My faith is in God.
All of the words addressed to God’s elect here, apply to them….but not as literal to the ones who will be their subjects on earth. Those chosen to be “kings and priests” in the Kingdom of God, will have subjects and sinners who are still on earth. Those raised to heaven have proven “faithful to their death” and so are rewarded with immortal spirit life in heaven…a place where humans of flesh and blood cannot go.
Did God create humans for nothing?

The first humans were offered everlasting life in mortal flesh, but it was conditional….they had to obey their Creator who was being the perfect parent in keeping his children from harm. The “knowledge of good and evil” was not simply knowing what was ‘good and bad’, but trusting God to tell them the difference. Look around you….it is clear that the majority of humans do not know the difference from God’s perspective. Their own interpretation is distorted by sin.

The were not offered anything. Again, where does this thinking come from? God created them in a perfect environment, with all of their needs met. The only thing he did was test them with the one tree.. To show he gave them free will..You can not compair us today with what they had. There is not even a close resemblance, we will never understand what they had until we meet our eternal destiny. Where we to understand what it is like to not have sin
The “born again” believers seem to see heaven as the end rather than the means to a foretold end. You can’t seem to see past this “born again” status that puts everything else in a grey area.
Jesus said YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

why is it that people take this lightly as if it is not a requirement?

The kingdom of God is not somethign that we take lightly. It is a lifelong event or race that we who are adopted into his family by BEING BORN AGAIN Partake in. A lifetime of Growth and trust, And God doing what he promise. and a paul said, we can have this confidence, that he who began a good work WILL COMPLETE IT.

again, i do not know who you have been talking to. But you do not know us at all. You prove this prety much every time you try to tell us what we do

God isn’t about “grey”….he is very black and white. You can never make sin into something that doesn’t require effort to control. “Self control” is a fruitage of God’s spirit and sins under God’s law were met with a penalty that befitted the crime…..some were not serious sins, whilst others merited the death penalty, so sin is not all encompassing as you seem to believe it is.
In the grand scheme of things, you’re right, Some sins were devastating to a community. Hence God imposed a PHYSICAL death penalty.

But ALL sin is devastating to God. Because ALL SIN no matter HOW SMALL is based on pride. It is us saying sorry God. I will take control of my life this time.. That temptation is around all the time. And when that temptation is acted on. it becomes sin. And as Paul said, that sin brings death.

Again, stop watering down the law..
We cannot deliberately sin as if Jesus has us covered no matter what we do. We CAN lose our salvation by failing to obey God…..it’s not that hard a concept, surely…?
“You, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on your guard so that you may not be led astray with them by the error of the lawless people and fall from your own steadfastness. (2 Peter 3:17)

You seem to be so busy focused on the life you think you have now, that you fail to bring this life in sinful flesh, “into captivity, making it obedient to the Christ”. (2 Cor 10:5)
God gave Israel his laws for a reason…..to show them how inadequate they were to follow through on what he told them to do, due to their sinfulness. They needed a redeemer and the Law was a constant reminder of that fact.
We could lose salvation, if we were under law. Because one sin, no matter how small. No matter if we did it on purpose or if we stumbled by accident, caused us to be guilty and require a sacrifice.

But we are not under law. We are under grace.

Jesus died once, and sat down by the right hand of God, our mediator..

I pray one day all the world realizes this facet.

Reactions: rwb and Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really ought to do some research on Genesis to see why God put humans on planet earth in the first place. He went to a lot of trouble to make this planet into the “Goldilocks” home of our solar system. There was never even a hint of humans ever going anywhere else when God created man in his image and likeness. He was to “fill the earth and subdue it“…what did that mean?

This earth was to created to be inhabited by those endowed with God’s qualities so that they would be the best caretakers of all that God created here. There was no mention of death, except as a consequence of disobedience. Humans were not created to die.
So we have God’s statement at Genesis 3:22-24…
Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever,—” 23 With that Jehovah God expelled him from the garden of Eʹden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. 24 So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of Eʹden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.

This shows us that living forever was possible in mortal flesh because of access to “the tree of life”. When access was denied, the humans began to die. Sin corrupted their flesh and they then had no superiority over the animals in death. (Eccl 3:19-20)

I have read and studied them all, and I do not read into them what you do….
so we can just ignore what Jesus said in John 3 and 6?

I find it amazing, you said show me where the Bible said those who believe will never die. I did. And instead of acknowledge that fact. You went to some other place that had nothign to do with what Jesus said.
Everlasting life does not have to be lived in heaven…..those redeemed by God through the ransom provided by Jesus, will live on earth where the Creator put us in the first place.
What are the words of the Lord’s Prayer?….”thy kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”…..the ‘coming’ of God’s Kingdom will mean that those on earth will be blessed with the sort of conditions that exist in heaven…..in peace and perfect harmony, forever rid of the influences of God’s adversary and his cronies, so that ‘God’s will is done’ in all the realms where his intelligent creatures reside.
The Kingdom of God is not something that is mysteriously placed inside a person…it is a real “government” if you look up Isaiah 9:6-7, you will see that what is placed on the shoulders of “the Prince of Peace” is a “government”…a ruling body made up of its King and his associate rulers…his elect…his bride.

A “kingdom” is made up of “king” and his “dom”ain…..Jesus is the appointed king, and he has those chosen to be “kings and priests” to rule with him. (Rev 20:6) These are resurrected “first”.
Since kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties….they will have subjects on earth, bringing these ones back into reconciliation with God with a thousand years to accomplish it. (Rev 21:2-4)

Daniel foretold that “in the days“ of the last kings of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image, the God of heaven would set up a kingdom that would “crush” all earthly kingdoms out of existence, and replace them as man’s only ruling authority. (Daniel 2:44) This is God’s Kingdom……not the airy fairy thing that you seem to want to accept as truth. God’s kingdom is real, and it is in opposition to all earthly governments because these are all under the influence of God’s adversary. (1 John 5:19)

We are living in the days of those last kings….and the coming of the Lord Jesus to judge the world will soon be upon us……who will survive….? Whom will he judge as “sheep” and “goats”? (Matt 7:21-23) It won’t be the ones claiming to be followers of Christ, but those “doing the will of the Father”.

Won’t it be interesting to find out how it all ends?
You do not even know what everlasting life it

it is not physical life. Even if we could live physically forever. If we are spiritually dead in sin, what good would that be?

I will leave you to your whatever. Again, you asked me to show you where the Bible said somethign, i did, and you stil reject it.

Good luck

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you actually understand what God’s word is saying there?

Though he were dead?...which means what?

I am the resurrection and the life, which means what to a Born Again?

Though he were dead ,yet shall he live?

You have just interpreted your own understanding of God’s word...as in “ You”

So in order for us to come “ Alive” ...what does that mean?

Absolute tripe, you have just led yourself through that scripture..imo....you study in your own strength and it shows.

As I have posted a million times...you must be Born Again of the Spirit of God...to understand God’s word, why , because without the Holy Spirit who is in our spirit, leads us through scripture.

As I’ve said many times...you make up your own story...therefore void as your words are dead and not alive in the Spirit.

Just a load of man made “ CRAP”!!...insulting to the word of God!!!
Remember, being born again does not seem to matter to some people.

Neither does Gods promise..

Reactions: rwb and Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Eternally Grateful .

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9To some who trusted in their own righteousness and viewed others with contempt, He also told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed,a ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I acquire.’

13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, i do not know who you have been talking to. But you do not know us at all. You prove this prety much every time you try to tell us what we do

This unbiblical doctrine comes from teaching of the JW's! They aren't alone in their unbiblical way of thinking, other denominations also deny eternal security in Christ, believing, like JW's that our salvation is dependent upon how good we are.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful .

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9To some who trusted in their own righteousness and viewed others with contempt, He also told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed,a ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I acquire.’

13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Remember, I said this and made a sister man. Its sad. But I think the poster (Jane) has proven herself this is true.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This unbiblical doctrine comes from teaching of the JW's! They aren't alone in their unbiblical way of thinking, other denominations also deny eternal security in Christ, believing, like JW's that our salvation is dependent upon how good we are.
I get lost. I know there are JW’s and Mormons and catholics.. I get confused which is which.

Although it does not matter. When you continue to prove you do not understand what the other side is saying, and use that misunderstanding to attack the other side.. well you just make yourself look bad

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, they would deny eternal security, if they are still in darkness and sin, wouldn’t they.

They haven’t a clue what Born Again means..as their in ignorance of it, because they haven’t received the birthing in the Spirit l...that’s why I don’t engage with them any more....no point.

I just pray that God draws them to Jesus and birth them in the Spirit.

The enemy has a stronghold over them....but, he’s not stronger than God....God is in control..so,it’s over to him ,with all this false doctrine they teach...

All we can do, as i’m led to do, by the leading of the Holy Spirit....” STANDING ON GODS WORD”.....

“ YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN “....to see the Kingdom of God!!

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they would deny eternal security, if they are still in darkness and sin, wouldn’t they.

They haven’t a clue what Born Again means..as their in ignorance of it, because they haven’t received the birthing in the Spirit l...that’s why I don’t engage with them any more....no point.

I just pray that God draws them to Jesus and birth them in the Spirit.
Jesus said you MUST be born again, it is not an option

Jesus said NO one can came except through him. And how do we come? By being born again.

when you belittle being born again. And make it seam like it is not very important. That is what you get. Self righteousness..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said you MUST be born again, it is not an option

Jesus said NO one can came except through him. And how do we come? By being born again.

when you belittle being born again. And make it seam like it is not very important. That is what you get. Self righteousness..
100% Amen!!

Reactions: mailmandan