• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How much do you listen to yourself?

did you not say this?

Is not "our conduct in harmony with Christ’s teaching not the definition of being “Good”?

So please. stop with the false accusation I did something wrong..

lol. The wage of sin is death.. There are no good sins that we are ok and bad sins which again condemn us. And if there was, Is Jesus going to come back down and die for those sins, because if he did not. Those sins there will be no forgiveness. You are lost without hope if you commit even one of this sins.
Exactly, our sins are all on Jesus.Amen!
The fact is, Moses said cursed is the one who does not confirm and obey every word of this law (see Deut 27: 26 and gal 3)

Even paul said whoever is under the law is under a curse. because of what Moses said. And James, the apostle said if we spend our whole lived keeping the whole law, yet STUMBLE in one point. we are guilty of all.

You should not try to teach the law if you do not understand it. And if you bring the law into the gospel like you are. You should not do that either..

Amen, we aren’t under the law, we are under grace...Praise God.

Romans 8:2
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

New Living Translation
And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

English Standard Version
For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death
once again, Stop watering down the law. and pumping your chest like the pharisee because you do not commit certain sins. Your guilty, I am guilty and apart from grace we would both be headed to outer darkness..

Have you studied in John 3 and 4?

I find it amazing, Jesus told Nicodemus, a pharisee, he was not good enough. He needed to be born again.

He also told the Samaritan woman, the sinner, You are not bad enough, Ask me and I will give you living water, flowing to eternal life.

Who are the lost? Jesus told this too.

Whoever believes is not condemned (Found, Sheep, Children of God)

Whoever does not believe is condemned already (Lost, Goats, Children of Satan)

thats it.. no need to add anything else. Jesus is clear.

I know you like to make long posts. No one really reads them, and if they do, they usually do not read it all.. so I will not make a long post. , so i will cut your post in parts.. I will respond to the rest later. I will have a busy morning.
Amen!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually it is not even the believer or unbeliever, it is the bad parts of the believer that is cut off and thrown in the fire. So that the good parts can produce fruit.
I think you must be talking about the pruning of our various branches that we each undergo as a believer....?.....that is a very different thing from BEING a branch that can get cut off from the root and vine (Christ)! Two entirely different ideas being communicated allegorically in two different passages of scripture. In the former instance of having our branches pruned, we are not being warned against it but to expect it, while in the latter instance of Romans 11 we are being warned that being a branch that gets cut off from Christ is something we need to avoid.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can lose your salvation if you sin deliberately in full knowledge of God’s law on the matter. Deliberate sin, once you have been enlightened, is not forgivable, unless genuine repentance is demonstrated. That means you cannot commit the same sin and expect God to forgive you…because it means that your repentance was not genuine to start with.
No, you can not lose your salvation if you sin deliberately. You can lose your salvation if you disbelieve, that is, if you no longer believe in Christ. We are not saved by grace through not sinning. We are saved by grace through faith. We are saved through faith and we can become lost through the lack of faith. When we are saved, we are forgiven. That is not an on-again-off-again each and every time we sin. That is a state of being. Being forgiven is God's accounting our faith as righteousness.

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."

Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Rom 4:7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;

Rom 4:8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin."

Those sins that are not counted are sins of the past, present and future.

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 5:20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
Rom 5:21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Got explained it well imo.

Does the vine and branches passage in John 15 mean that salvation can be lost?

vine and branches
ANSWER

In John 15 Jesus uses the relationship of branches to the vine to illustrate our relationship to Him: “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. . . . If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned” (verses 1–2, 6).

Many take the verses about the fruitless branches being taken away and burned as a proof-text that salvation can be lost. The teaching is that a person who was at one time in Christ might later cease to “abide in Christ” and become good for nothing; that person is then cut off and burned up. Now, if the parable of the vine and the branches were the only passage that addressed the issue of eternal security, then we might have good reason to fear that salvation could be lost. However, this is not the only passage in Scripture that addresses security and assurance, nor is it the only passage in John where these issues are addressed.

There are several passages in John where the security of the believer is clearly assured (John 3:16–17; 6:35–40; 10:27–29). This is an issue that we find throughout the Bible. There are passages that speak of the security of the believer in very explicit terms and others that would make one wonder if salvation cannot be lost after all. It is always best to interpret more obscure passages in light of clearer passages. Since John 15 is in the form of an allegory, it is best to let the clearer passages inform our understanding.

The background of Jesus’ words in John 15 is most likely the Old Testament imagery where Israel is called a vine or vineyard—although one that did not produce the expected fruit (see Isaiah 5:1–7). Jesus replaces Israel with Himself as the “true vine.” Unlike Israel, Jesus will not fail to produce fruit in all the branches that are connected to Him. The point of Jesus’ metaphor is that He will succeed where Israel failed. The disciples simply need to be connected to Him. According to John 15, it is unthinkable that any branch who is connected to Christ will fail to produce fruit. Yet, according to the illustration, some branches “in Him” will not produce fruit and be taken away. There seems to be a contradiction within the illustration itself that would warn us not to press the details too far.

My words,These are the Born Again who will “ Always “ by the power of the Holy Spirit in them, stay grafted in...because God birthed them in the Spirit.....

The apparent problem is the same with all of the other passages in Scripture that warn Christians about falling away. If a true Christian cannot lose salvation, why warn about falling away? The best explanation is that these warnings are directed toward professing Christians who appear, at least outwardly, to be connected to the Vine. They are branches in the vicinity of the Vine, but there is a disconnect. Judas Iscariot is a good example of a false professor. The parable of the seed and the soils (Matthew 13) presents young plants that seem to start out well but then wither away. The book of Hebrews, with its many warning passages, seems to be directed at those who have made an initial positive response to Jesus but are considering turning back. They are like the children of Israel who left in the exodus with Moses but then refused to enter the Promised Land (Hebrews 3:16–19). They started out on the journey but didn’t complete it.

Based on outward appearances at any given moment, it may be difficult to tell genuine believers (connected in vital unity with the True Vine) from those who have merely attached themselves to some of the trappings of Christianity. However, time will tell the difference, because the genuine believer attached to the True Vine will bear fruit. A false professor appears to be attached but does not bear fruit, and it’s the lack of fruit that shows a branch is not receiving the fruit-bearing energy that comes from attachment to the Vine. Regardless of how attached this branch may appear to be on the surface, it is lacking the one absolute evidence of attachment—fruit! That “branch” should not console himself with false notions that he is attached, because his lack of fruit bears condemning evidence against him. In this case, the branch was never really attached in the first place. The metaphor (or allegory) of the vine and the branches can only be pressed so far.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, how well do you listen……now you are putting words in my mouth and are addressing your own statement, not mine.
Who said anything about being “good”? You did. But is there a difference between being “good” and being a “Christian”? Shouldn’t all Christians by nature do the right thing when under temptation? Is fighting our sinful tendencies a waste of effort IYO?
I haven't been able to up with this whole thread, but I'd like to make a couple of comments. Certainly agree that we need to just obey, and maybe not worry overmuch about how we do that, there are times when we are obeying and it is because of Christ in us even though we may not be conscious of it..... however, there is that the bible teaches that we are to mortify our members by the Spirit and that if we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. It is by the Spirit that we are to obey the Lord and His commands and that way He gets the glory as well. Even the word that is sometimes translated as self-control, where I saw it mentioned, actually is the word temperance.....and really is a fruit of the Spirit, not of self and flesh.

If God knows full well that we sin every day without even knowing it…..is he going to condemn us for that? Is that the sin that is our fault? Jesus’ sacrifice covers those sins, but not the ones that under God’s law incurred the death penalty? The serious ones he will not forgive unless there is genuine repentance. Repentance means not repeating the same sin.
Thanks for this insight about the law and what it was showing...rings true to me. James wrote that we offend in many ways all......and even just simple observation of life we know that born again believers sometimes do not behave in a Christ like manner and often themselves/ourselves may not realize it. (I've sometimes joked that we are usually the last one to know, heh.....we all do have our foibles, noticed by others but not by ourselves.) But such things are not on a level such as to incur the "death penalty" and is covered by God's mercy and longsuffering through the blood of Christ. Bigger sins hopefully are much more rare, these are things the person is conscious of......they defile the conscience and one's relationship with the Lord, and so need to consciously be BROUGHT under the blood through acknowledging and confessing the sin, and repenting of it.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
is by the Spirit that we are to obey the Lord and His commands and that way He gets the glory as well. Even the word that is sometimes translated as self-control, where I saw it mentioned, actually is the word temperance.....and really is a fruit of the Spirit, not of self and flesh
Excellent....Amen!!!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're the one arguing ETERNAL life Christ promises to all who believe in Him, is NOT really ETERNAL after all. And you're the one that cannot reconcile verses that you believe tell us our life with Christ is not ETERNAL because we can fall away and be forever lost, with the verses that give us blessed assurance that the life we have in Him is ETERNAL. Meaning never ending, or time without end. Reconcile ALL of Scripture or you force contradiction into the Word of God!
The point of eternal life is not just that it never ends, the point is that it is heavenly/spiritual....it is not the earthly realm. We have been translated into another kingdom/realm. But that doesn't necessarily follow that we can never leave it or lose it. People are reading into some verses that because it talks about eternal life, that it is not possible to ever lose it because it is eternal......but that is not the point of eternal life......it is certainly possible to fall from the spiritual eternal state and lose that. (I think Behold said it better than me.) Even angels being eternal beings, were able to sadly fall and will lose their lives in the end.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of eternal life is not just that it never ends, the point is that it is heavenly/spiritual....it is not the earthly realm. We have been translated into another kingdom/realm. But that doesn't necessarily follow that we can never leave it or lose it. People are reading into some verses that because it talks about eternal life, that it is not possible to ever lose it because it is eternal......but that is not the point of eternal life......it is certainly possible to fall from the spiritual eternal state and lose that. (I think Behold said it better than me.) Even angels being eternal beings, were able to sadly fall and will lose their lives in the end.

Of course, eternal life that NEVER ends is heavenly and spiritual because it is not of this earth. And furthermore, it NEVER shall be of THIS earth! For His Eternal Kingdom is within us! At least those of us who have been born again of His Spirit. Once the Holy Spirit gives us new birth from above, we have blessed assurance that He will not leave us but will be with us until we receive resurrected immortal & incorruptible body. Then all who have been born again, made immortal & incorruptible living souls will inherit the Kingdom of God on the new earth where we shall be with the Lord FOREVER.

John 18:36 (KJV) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV) And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 6:63 (KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Some of you seem to think that once we have been born again into the eternal spiritual Kingdom of God that we are not eternally secure in Him. For the eternal life we possess when we believe in Christ, and are born again of His Spirit in us, to be lost, as some of you appear to believe, would make Christ a liar. How can we fall so completely that we would no longer be saved since it is the Holy Spirit of Christ who is keeping us in the eternal spiritual Kingdom of God?

When faithful saints sin, and we will, because none of us walk perfectly by the Spirit all the time. We ALL sometimes succumb to our flesh and that's when sin enters in. Scripture warns us NOT that we are then unsaved, that His Spirit has abandoned us! NO! Believers, saints who sometimes slip and fall will be chastised by God, but NEVER forsaken! As long as we live in these bodies destined to death, believers will strive against sinning, but we will not overcome all sin while still in mortal bodies destined to die.

Hebrews 12:4-7 (KJV) Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Those who believe we can fall away from God's grace and lose our eternal salvation are those who believe they somehow aided or assisted God in saving them in the first place. That God needs their good deeds to accomplish building His eternal spiritual Kingdom in heaven. Sadly, those who believe we must do anything to keep ourselves saved, are either mere babes in understanding or they are deliberately trying to deceive.

If we desire to have peace in this life then our goal should be to keep ourselves pure and undefiled by sin, and unspotted from the world we struggle against. But do not forget that when we fall short of this lofty goal, we have an advocate pleading before the Father in heaven on our behalf.

1 Timothy 5:22 (KJV) Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

James 1:27 (KJV) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1 John 2:1 (KJV) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just look at how badly folks have to twist simple words in order to justify what they believe to be as truth .
In other words if i am having to go around what is plainly written in order to justify what i see as truth , THEN IT ME
who is inerror . IF you watch many folks do just that . Its one reason we got so many
denominations , acroynms , mid pre and etc .
IF a man comes and has to TWIST what the scrips plainly said in order to make it no oppose his teaching
THEN there IS THE PROBLEM .
and you can clearly see what they did to the warning paul gave the church about THE TREE and its branches .
They cannot see the simple message , nor can they see that this too workes for the good of the church .
A lot of folks claim to trust in JESUS CHRIST , but i warn us all that many rather TRUST In men .
And what men say or teach even IF it opposes what JESUS and later the apostels taught .
You ever wonder why so many sit and say PHEW WEE the bible is way to confusing for me to understand .......
ITS CAuse men AND their doctrines have made it that way .
I mean just look at the warning in romans . IT should be so clear as to what it means .
YET look what they do to it . And then the poor souls under them are like WOW , we cant figure this out
its so confusing WE NEED OUR WISE MEN TO LEAD AND TO GUIDE US . and exactly where are these so
called wise men leading them .....................FAR FROM THE SIMPLICITY of CHRIST and into a doctrinal mad house of confusion

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just look at how badly folks have to twist simple words in order to justify what they believe to be as truth .
In other words if i am having to go around what is plainly written in order to justify what i see as truth , THEN IT ME
who is inerror . IF you watch many folks do just that . Its one reason we got so many
IF a man comes and has to TWIST what the scrips plainly said in order to make it no oppose his teaching
and you can clearly see what they did to the warning paul gave the church about THE TREE and its branches .
They cannot see the simple message , nor can they see that this too workes for the good of the church .
A lot of folks claim to trust in JESUS CHRIST , but i warn us all that many rather TRUST In men .
And what men say or teach even IF it opposes what JESUS and later the apostels taught .
You ever wonder why so many sit and say PHEW WEE the bible is way to confusing for me to understand .......
I mean just look at the warning in romans . IT should be so clear as to what it means .
YET look what they do to it . And then the poor souls under them are like WOW , we cant figure this out
its so confusing WE NEED OUR WISE MEN TO LEAD AND TO GUIDE US . and exactly where are these so
called wise men leading them .....................FAR FROM THE SIMPLICITY of CHRIST and into a doctrinal mad house of confusion
Nail on the head brother. I wish that more people would just sit and read the scrips prayerfully and ASK the Lord to help them understand and then WAIT for Him to do it. If any lacks wisdom ASK for it and God will give it......and BELIEVE that you will receive what you ask for, with no wavering.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, eternal life that NEVER ends is heavenly and spiritual because it is not of this earth. And furthermore, it NEVER shall be of THIS earth! For His Eternal Kingdom is within us! At least those of us who have been born again of His Spirit. Once the Holy Spirit gives us new birth from above, we have blessed assurance that He will not leave us but will be with us until we receive resurrected immortal & incorruptible body. Then all who have been born again, made immortal & incorruptible living souls will inherit the Kingdom of God on the new earth where we shall be with the Lord FOREVER.

John 18:36 (KJV) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV) And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 6:63 (KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Some of you seem to think that once we have been born again into the eternal spiritual Kingdom of God that we are not eternally secure in Him. For the eternal life we possess when we believe in Christ, and are born again of His Spirit in us, to be lost, as some of you appear to believe, would make Christ a liar. How can we fall so completely that we would no longer be saved since it is the Holy Spirit of Christ who is keeping us in the eternal spiritual Kingdom of God?

When faithful saints sin, and we will, because none of us walk perfectly by the Spirit all the time. We ALL sometimes succumb to our flesh and that's when sin enters in. Scripture warns us NOT that we are then unsaved, that His Spirit has abandoned us! NO! Believers, saints who sometimes slip and fall will be chastised by God, but NEVER forsaken! As long as we live in these bodies destined to death, believers will strive against sinning, but we will not overcome all sin while still in mortal bodies destined to die.

Hebrews 12:4-7 (KJV) Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Those who believe we can fall away from God's grace and lose our eternal salvation are those who believe they somehow aided or assisted God in saving them in the first place. That God needs their good deeds to accomplish building His eternal spiritual Kingdom in heaven. Sadly, those who believe we must do anything to keep ourselves saved, are either mere babes in understanding or they are deliberately trying to deceive.

If we desire to have peace in this life then our goal should be to keep ourselves pure and undefiled by sin, and unspotted from the world we struggle against. But do not forget that when we fall short of this lofty goal, we have an advocate pleading before the Father in heaven on our behalf.

1 Timothy 5:22 (KJV) Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

James 1:27 (KJV) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1 John 2:1 (KJV) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
IF we remain in Him; IF we continue in the faith; IF we endure to the end. IF, IF, IF...notice there are quite a few "if's" in scripture that we need to take into consideration with the promises.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make regarding eternal life, but then again I don't think I was getting it across very well.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF we remain in Him; IF we continue in the faith; IF we endure to the end. IF, IF, IF...notice there are quite a few "if's" in scripture that we need to take into consideration with the promises.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make regarding eternal life, but then again I don't think I was getting it across very well.
IF . There are quite a few ifs that a lot of folks seem to make void and go around . Not wise at all to do such a thing .
SEEING them words were inspired BY THE HOLY GHOST
JESUS warned and remined , the SPIRIT unctioned the apostels to warn and remind
and then FROM HEAVEN to john JESUS himself again warns with such reminders . THE WARNINGS ARE FOR OUR GOOD .
JESUS does know how to keep us safe , but woe to those who take off from heeding HIM, and the words HE inspired through men .

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A problem with understanding Biblical doctrine comes from some because they seem to believe that everyone who claims to be Christian and belonging to the body of Christ outwardly have truly been born again! We cannot forget that together with believers are found false teachers/preachers/evangelists, wolves in sheep's clothing, of their father, Satan, who masquerade as angels of light, but who are among true believers to kill, steal, and destroy.

When we find these warnings in Scripture, we have to remember the Bible is written to keep the faithful from being deceived by all the falsehood we are daily confronted with from both within and without.

Let's speak very clearly about who is cut off from the Good Olive Tree in Ro 11. NOWHERE does Paul say that believers are cut off through unbelief. It is only those in unbelief that are cut off. But this cannot be about those who have received ETERNAL life and lost it, because even they can be grafted back into the Good Olive Tree IF they do not remain in unbelief!

The simplicity taught us by the Words of Christ is that the life we receive through Him is ETERNAL, and with the Holy Spirit in us, we will NEVER be forsaken by God and forever lost!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many claim to trust in JESUS , claim to SAY he is able to keep us from falling
and yet OMIT the very SPIRITUALLY INSPIRED warnings HE gave unto men and to the church
WHICH WOULD HELP KEEP us from falling . THE SPIRIT knows we are but children , in constant need
of reminders , correction , of being stirred up by those reminders as well .
GOD , CHRIST does look out for his own . His own take heed to all the words , from warning to all .
FOR they TRUST IN HIM , not in men , IN HIM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Often men can help to lead men out of a harlot only they bring them into another harlots system .
You can sometimes get the man outta the harlot but not the harlots influences out of man .
THIS TOO is a massive problem . One flees one false pit by guise of the voice of another false one .
THEY have only switched chairs under the harlot is all .
I am deeply concerned for so many . for so many will not simply read the scrips for themselves and allow
men to rather twist the scrips to what they like best and not THE TRUTH .
That worries me big time . The bible is not nearly at all as hard to be understood as world wise clever men
SAY IT IS . SIT ye under me and under our scholars , they CRY , and YE shall know the truth and it shall make thee free .
ONLY most have no idea what has occured , what is occuring and what shall occur ON THE DAY OF THE LORD .
WE should have read the scrips for ourselves and learned of GOD and trusted in HIM . It truly is an utter mad house
of delusion and confusion which has now led all to gather to the so called ILLUSION that will unify them again .
ONLY IT WONT BE UNDER GOD . this delusion will indeed gather many to be as one
BUT NOT UNDER GOD IT WONT . IF men can sit under men who twist the scrips
THEY WILL SIT UNDER SUCH as will also twist the scrips and preach a false love to unify them all to be as one .
IF we can sit under men who have for years twisted scrips , what on earth makes one think
they DO NOT and WILL NOT do the same unto the final lie which has come to unify .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How will those having the Holy Spirit keeping them in Christ not continue in faith, and not endure to the end? Why do we read IF, if it is possible to be lost after we have the Holy Spirit in us? Because there are FALSE professors among us who appear outwardly to be eternally in Christ, but are in fact liars and deceivers. We warned not to become yoked together with them, not because we can lose our salvation, but because they can destroy the peace we have in Christ. There are so many so-called true believers among true believers, which is why Christ tells us what their fate shall be. If doing good and not sinning is how we are eternally saved, why are the goats among us who outwardly look really good, cast into everlasting fire???

Matthew 25:31-34 (KJV) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:41-46 (KJV) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In Christ we are already overcomers! We don't become overcomers by living perfect, sinless lives! We ARE overcomers when we believe that Jesus is the Son of God. For Christ came to eternally save His people, and none of THEM will be lost.

1 John 5:4-5 (KJV) For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How will those having the Holy Spirit keeping them in Christ not continue in faith, and not endure to the end? Why do we read IF, if it is possible to be lost after we have the Holy Spirit in us? Because there are FALSE professors among us who appear outwardly to be eternally in Christ, but are in fact liars and deceivers. We warned not to become yoked together with them, not because we can lose our salvation, but because they can destroy the peace we have in Christ. There are so many so-called true believers among true believers, which is why Christ tells us what their fate shall be. If doing good and not sinning is how we are eternally saved, why are the goats among us who outwardly look really good, cast into everlasting fire?
Well explained there,Brother, thank you, and thank you Lord!..x

Reactions: rwb

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have the same situation again at this juncture when Christ is due to make his appearance as judge of all the earth….he will separate the “sheep from the goats”, like the “wheat from the weeds”.
He knows the difference between the two….but we can’t count on salvation until it is a reality……it’s something we have to wait for, but we have the assurance that if we keep God’s word and avoid sin, we can attain everlasting life.
God says we already know. Thats why we can be confident. Only if we can not know would we not be confident, but fear.

Calling sinners to repentance is what made them “Christians”…..their repentance is what merited their forgiveness and their acceptance into the Christian congregation.
You can not merit forgiveness. Salvation through forgiveness is a gift..
You cannot throw that forgiveness back in Jesus’ face because of some notion that you can’t lose your salvation once you feel you have attained it. We are not “saved” until it happens. It’s not over till the fat lady sings and she hasn’t sung yet.
Again, You need to read the word.

Romans 8:24
For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? (completed action)

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, (completed action)

2 Timothy 1:9

who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Titus 3:5

not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, (Past tense completed action)

You are mixing our eternal salvation (the saved paul speaks about above)

with being saved when we get to heaven..

OInly the dead will be delieverd, the living will be raised or resurrected.
Never have, never would…..I see the OSAS believers doing that. Saying that you can sin and still retain a good standing with God because you can’t lose your salvation…that is not what the Bible says as you have all been shown.
OSAS people do not water down the law. We got on our knees like the tax collector. and we look forward and run the race. because we know we are guilty. As a good friend of mine used to say, Any day I wake up and I am not in Hell is a good day, because thats where I belong..

Again to keep this short. i will break this up

• Love
Reactions: rwb and Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its high time we all know something . something some of us already know .
Youwill find this in the book of john . in his first letter to the church .
THESE THINGS i have written unto you so that you shall KNOW , KNOW , KNOW
that you have eternal life . So that ye may BELIEVE , BELIEVE , BELIEVE on JESUS CHRIST .
I got a real serious newsflash to all them folks who try and teach That we cannot KNOW we are saved
and have eternal life .
WHO YOU TRUSTING IN THEN . SOUNDS LIKE SELF TO ME .
AS FOR ME , ITS JESUS CHRIST . HE ALONE IS THE ONLY REASON I KNOW I HAVE ETERNAL LIFE .
you folks who teach we wont KNOW for sure till the last day are BANKING ON SELF TO SAVE YA .
AND BOY do i have real bad news for that , IT CANT . IF WE CANNOT TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE
then its all gonna be in VAIN and we wont be liking what we hear ON HIS DAY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if one dont continue in HIM , well prepare to wail . teaching and reminding folks to continue in HIM to the END
aint SIN either . we should exhort one another daily with ALL HIS REMINDERS