• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that was your belief…it isn’t mine. If you can’t lose your salvation because you think that eternal life means that you can’t, then you misunderstand what “eternal life” really is. The word translated as “eternal“ is “aiōnios”….which means….
  1. “without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
  2. without beginning
  3. without end, never to cease, everlasting”
No life brought into existence by God is without a beginning.…but according to his word, those who prove faithful to their death will receive the crown of life. Proving faithful to death is the challenge, but the OSAS believers don’t seem to understand that effort is need to obtain everlasting life. (Luke 13:24)
Jesus said, whoever believes in him will NEVER DIE.

If you read John 3 4 5 and 6, he says the same thing in every passage..

OSAS believe they will never die, because Jesus said it.

forgive us for believing God keeps his promise
What you call “eternal life” was never really “eternal” at all. There is a difference between “everlasting life” or “life without end” and “eternal life”. Only one Being in existence is eternal…and that is the Father, who has always existed and always will.
Do what?

Never die, does this mean you will die? does it mean you can die? Does it mean you can fall back to death?

Jesus told us this AFTER we are born again..

What humans can attain is “everlasting life” in immortality, granted to the elect upon their resurrection to heaven.…and also to those who pass the final test at the end of the thousand year reign of Christ and his chosen ones, everlasting life is promised.
Who can attain it? No one can.

But God is offering it to you. will you recieve it?

I never did…you are putting words in my mouth again.
Anyone who claims to be “born again”, and lives a sinful life is kidding themselves IMO.
then how could they "lose salvation"
I teach no such thing…..
You do not teach you need to save yourself. you do not need to earn your eternal life (merit) And you have to keep yourself saved?

again see below, your words..

Aunty Jane said:

The only one who can keep ussaved” is ourselves….by our own conduct in harmony with Christ’s teachings.

Effort is required to stay “blameless and innocent”
. We can ask God to help us to fight the sinful inclinations in us……but there is no sanction or excuse for sin…ever. There are no “loopholes” in God’s laws

Do not falsly accuse me again.
I simply disagree strongly with the OSAS belief…..you are welcome to it, but the one thing you will never be able to do is claim ignorance because someone didn’t call you out for claiming something to be the truth, when scripturally, it plainly isn’t.
Well thanks for your warning, But eternity is to long for me to just put any confidence in myself. I will trust God and his promise

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you must be talking about the pruning of our various branches that we each undergo as a believer....?.....that is a very different thing from BEING a branch that can get cut off from the root and vine (Christ)! Two entirely different ideas being communicated allegorically in two different passages of scripture. In the former instance of having our branches pruned, we are not being warned against it but to expect it, while in the latter instance of Romans 11 we are being warned that being a branch that gets cut off from Christ is something we need to avoid.
Romans 11 is talking about jew vs gentile. not individual people.

They (Isreal) Natural branch, they are blinded in part. they have a remnant

We, Unnatural branch. Gentile believers. we should not boast;. Because just as they 9the nation) got cut off. we too can get cut off.

we should not use it to think we can lose salvation or be cut off

In john, a branch being cut off refers to bearing fruit. Not salvation.

Reactions: rwb and Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be sure and trust IN ALL THINGS HE DID SAY . i mean many folks can also claim to hold to his promise
yet sure dont seem to trust in all things HE DID teach .
Yes i was one of them too . Many can and often to claim to believe in JESUS
but sure dont seem to be BELIEVING HIM , you know like things HE Actually taught and said and reminded folks about .
We cant trust in men . BUT WE SURE CAN TRUST IN CHRIST JESUS . it truly is bible time for us all . Be stirred up
by ways of that pure remembrance .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of eternal life is not just that it never ends, the point is that it is heavenly/spiritual....it is not the earthly realm. We have been translated into another kingdom/realm. But that doesn't necessarily follow that we can never leave it or lose it. People are reading into some verses that because it talks about eternal life, that it is not possible to ever lose it because it is eternal......but that is not the point of eternal life......it is certainly possible to fall from the spiritual eternal state and lose that. (I think Behold said it better than me.) Even angels being eternal beings, were able to sadly fall and will lose their lives in the end.
Once again.

Reviving eternal life is the end result of being Born again.

We who are dead in trespasses and sins have been made alive.

Jesus said those who are born again will NEVER DIE. and will LIVE FOREVER

sadly, much of the church have made a religion out of the term instead of just translate it literally.

We do not talk the way they did back then. they were more formal

today we would say whoever believes in him will never die, and will live forever.

2 ways of saying the same thing

Reactions: rwb and Ritajanice

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said, whoever believes in him will NEVER DIE.

If you read John 3 4 5 and 6, he says the same thing in every passage..

OSAS believe they will never die, because Jesus said it.
Can you show us specific verses where Jesus says that “whoever believes will never die”?
If Jesus said this “in every passage” tell us the verses so we can’t see them for ourselves.
forgive us for believing God keeps his promise
I don’t think you even know what his promises are...you “born again” folk are so focused on this truth ne thing that I believe you have lost sight of the big picture......perhaps you can tell me what God’s Kingdom is and why you were chosen to have a role in it? Maybe you can tell us what you are going to do in heaven...?
Do what?

Never die, does this mean you will die? does it mean you can die? Does it mean you can fall back to death?

Jesus told us this AFTER we are born again..
Only those chosen for a heavenly role will go there and attain an immortal existence.....those not chosen will remain in their mortal flesh....so yes, you can die if you decide to abuse your free will as Adam and his wife did.
Who can attain it? No one can.

But God is offering it to you. will you recieve it?
Everlasting life is conditional, just as it was in Eden. Adam and Eve could have lived forever here on earth if they had obeyed their Creator. If no sin had come into the world, there would have been no death. Sin was the only cause of death which denied them access to “the tree of life”.
then how could they "lose salvation"
By disqualification....just like Israel....that little word “IF” means conditions apply. (Exodus 19:4-6)
again see below, your words..

Aunty Jane said:

The only one who can keep ussaved” is ourselves….by our own conduct in harmony with Christ’s teachings.

Effort is required to stay “blameless and innocent”
. We can ask God to help us to fight the sinful inclinations in us……but there is no sanction or excuse for sin…ever. There are no “loopholes” in God’s laws

Do not falsly accuse me again.
What??? I showed you the scripture that backed up my statement.....we have to be found “blameless and innocent” in order to inherit everlasting life. That means no deliberate sin.
How was there a false accusation....?

“And he traveled from city to city and from village to village, teaching and continuing on his journey to Jerusalem. 23 Now a man said to him: “Lord, are those being saved few?” He said to them: 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.”
So “are those being saved few”? Who are these “few” and why are there not “many”?

Well thanks for your warning,
You’re welcome.....It’s part of my job.....

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everlasting life is conditional, just as it was in Eden. Adam and Eve could have lived forever here on earth if they had obeyed their Creator. If no sin had come into the world, there would have been no death. Sin was the only cause of death which denied them access to “the tree of life”.
No , Sin was not the cause of death. Sin was the cause of their getting kicked out of the Garden. Getting kicked out of the Garden meant that they no longer had access to the fruit of the Tree of Life so that nature took its course and they eventually died. That nature was the creation of God. Physical death was by design. Nothing of the physical creation is immortal or eternal; and that by design.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show us specific verses where Jesus says that “whoever believes will never die”?
If Jesus said this “in every passage” tell us the verses so we can’t see them for ourselves.
John 3: 14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Perish - Apollymi - To ruin, to destroy, to fail to get, to lose, to die

John 4: 13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Ask, we ask only if we believe. Never thirst and again, will live forever (everlasting life) Just another way of saying we will never perish

John 5: 24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Born again, Not only will he not be judged, but as Jesus said in John 3. He will not perish. AKA has everlasting life.

John 6 - the bread from heaven
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

Notice here, whoever believes will never hunger, never thirst, Will never die, Will live forever. Will be risen on the last day, and has everlasting life.

Again, As i said, if you read those chapters from John you would see.

Will break this up

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3: 14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 4: 13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Ask, we ask only if we believe. Never thirst and again, will live forever (everlasting life) Just another way of saying we will never perish

John 5: 24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Born again, Not only will he not be judged, but as Jesus said in John 3. He will not perish. AKA has everlasting life.

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

Notice here, whoever believes will never hunger, never thirst, Will never die, Will live forever. Will be risen on the last day, and has everlasting life.

Will break this up
Continue to BELIEVE . AND its dire needful to exhort one another daily lest any do become hardended through
the decietfulness of sin .
MANY are now leaving off the FAITH for another gospel which though they call it love , IT AINT .
Many churches that used to teach ye MUST beleive in JESUS CHRIST , are no longer even teaching that .
Leaven has come within under guise it is love and many are sipping of a cup they think is love
they believe cometh of GOD and of CHRIST only IT AINT .
REMEMBER HE who cotinues to Hold their CONFIDENCE , HOPE , FAITH FIRM in CHRIST to the END .
Many are abandoning the gospel and yet many holler hey its fine , so long as they were born again
though they now even follow another gospel they are fine . THEY wont be fine .
WE have to keep on reminding the church YE must continue IN HIM , HOPE IN HIM to the end .
Its not sin to remind the church to do so . KEEP the faith , hope , trust in HIM FIRM TO THE END .
for many now embrace another all inclusive gospel that has made , through a false love , the road to GOD VERY , VERY BROAD .
SO broad in fact that the only ones not on it , TO THEM IS THE BIBLICAL LAMBS .
YET EVERYONE ELSE seemth to be on this love path to GOD in their eyes . CEPT THE FUNAMENATAL BIBLE BELIEVING lambs
NO to them these are the dangerous ones , the ones who have not the love of God . THEY ARE DELUDED BIG TIME GRAIL HUNTER .
AND this lamb shall not fail to warn any and all YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS TO THE END , HAVING ALL HOPE , ALL TRUST IN HIM .
The early church reminded and exhorted the church and told them to exhort one another daily ...........lest ........
Well this lamb gonna do the same . THEIR PATTERN WORKS . its the pattern of men that always falls .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think you even know what his promises are...you “born again” folk are so focused on this truth ne thing that I believe you have lost sight of the big picture......perhaps you can tell me what God’s Kingdom is and why you were chosen to have a role in it? Maybe you can tell us what you are going to do in heaven...?
Promises? Born again?

Jesus said you had to be born again to enter. If you do not enter it does not matter what it is. Or what God has planned for you. You will have no part in it.

For those who are born again, God has blessed you with EVERY spiritual blessing under heaven.
Only those chosen for a heavenly role will go there and attain an immortal existence.....those not chosen will remain in their mortal flesh....so yes, you can die if you decide to abuse your free will as Adam and his wife did.
What is the will of the father, That everyone who sees and believes will not perish but has everlasting life.

That is Who God chose.

Everlasting life is conditional,

Then it would be called conditional life, not eternal or everlasting

just as it was in Eden. Adam and Eve could have lived forever here on earth if they had obeyed their Creator.
They did not need eternal life. They were not dead in tresspasses and sin.
If no sin had come into the world, there would have been no death. Sin was the only cause of death which denied them access to “the tree of life”.
Yes. Physical death. But everyone will die physically (unless they are alive when Jesus returns) we are talking spiritual death here

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What??? I showed you the scripture that backed up my statement.....
So you are now admitting you were wrong when you falsly accused me of accusing you of saying something you did not say?
we have to be found “blameless and innocent” in order to inherit everlasting life. That means no deliberate sin.
How was there a false accusation....?
lol. Here you go watering down the law again..All sin is deliberate.. if we did not want to do it we would not do it. Stop excusing your sin
“And he traveled from city to city and from village to village, teaching and continuing on his journey to Jerusalem. 23 Now a man said to him: “Lord, are those being saved few?” He said to them: 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.”
So “are those being saved few”? Who are these “few” and why are there not “many”?
Why are their not many?

because of Pride. To many people do not work vigorously to get rid of their pride and come to the point of the tax collector. It’s to easy to be the harisee pumping your chest thinking you are not so evil. And do not need to become poor in spirit..not to mention, they love there sin
You’re welcome.....It’s part of my job.....
You should heed your own warning

Last edited:
  • Love

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Being born again means that we, who were before this new birth spiritually "dead in trespasses and sins" are no longer spiritually dead. That means we, who were in darkness through unbelief have been translated (turned away, transferred, removed) from the power of darkness and death we had been held in, into the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 1:13 (KJV) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Colossians 1:14 (KJV) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Christ tells us where the spiritual Kingdom of God is, and why whosoever believes in Him according to grace through faith are those chosen to be there. The Kingdom of God that is NOW in heaven is not seen with the natural eye and is NOT of this earth because it is a spiritual Kingdom found within you. IF you believe in Christ and have been born again of His Spirit.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV) And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 18:36 (KJV) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom that is found within whosoever is born again of Christ's Spirit. It is only by entering into the Kingdom of God in us that we HAVE eternal life. Since the Kingdom of God is spiritual and not a physical Kingdom, the eternal life we have through Christ is not physical but spiritual life that shall never die. How does our spirit continue to possess spiritual life even though our natural physical body is destined to die? Because the life we spiritually have when we are born again is NOT dependent upon us, but upon the Holy Spirit in us giving eternal life to our spirit. The spirit alive through the Spirit of Christ in us, leaves our dead body and ascends to heaven a living soul, where we shall be until the last trumpet sounds, then our eternal spirit will be reunited with a resurrected immortal & incorruptible body. Then the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven will come down from heaven as "the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev 21:2)

When Christ returns, we (spirit soul) who have physically died shall be with Him. Because those who physically die IN CHRIST shall NEVER die, our spirit lives on in the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven after our body breathes its last.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 (KJV) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Anyone believing the new birth through Christ's Spirit can be lost when saints sin, has no understanding of Jesus Christ who is The Lord God Almighty!!!

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All human flesh is mortal and therefore ALL who are of flesh, without exception are destined to die! Even the flesh of Christ died on the cross. Those who are not chosen are ALL who remain in unbelief until they die. Their mortal body will be resurrected in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds, to stand before the Great White Throne of God to give account according to what is written in the books and the book of life. These who remained among "the DEAD" are not given immortal & incorruptible resurrected body, so in their natural mortal body of flesh they shall be cast into the lake of fire that is the second death. They shall be no more!

Regarding those chosen, all who believe in Christ, yes, they do have a heavenly role while physically alive in the spiritual Kingdom of God within them. Their role is to proclaim the message (Gospel) about Christ unto all the nations of the earth, that whosoever shall hear through the power of the Gospel and Holy Spirit will join them in the spiritual Kingdom of God for ETERNAL life through Him. Then when the fullness of the Gentiles have been eternally saved by grace through faith, the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven will be complete and Christ will come again to usher in an age that is coming.

Adam died spiritually when he disobeyed God. And on that day his body too began the process of decay and dying and indeed Adam did physically die. But what you forget is how God provided shed blood to cover Adam's nakedness. That to show the only way back to God would be through innocent blood sacrificed on behalf of all who believe. Even though Adam and Eve committed sin they were not destined to everlasting death by their sin. They could have been saved IF they believed God. God promised A&E that the enmity between the seed of the man and woman it was declared that the enemy should bruise the heel of the seed of the woman, but the SEED (Christ) would get the victory through shed blood or death.

I believe that A&E died in faith, believing God. Because, after sin and death (of Abel) entered into creation, A&E gave birth to another son to replace Abel. His name was Seth, and in his day man began to call on the name of the LORD. Apparently A&E instructed them about the way back to God.

Genesis 4:25-26 (KJV) And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom that is found within whosoever is born again of Christ's Spirit. It is only by entering into the Kingdom of God in us that we HAVE eternal life
Wahoo!!!!....AMEN!!!...Praise God!!!

Reactions: rwb

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Will break this up
Here is another.

John.11 Verses 25 to 26​

1. [25] Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

• Love

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets start here then…..what does it mean to “believe” if James could say that….”the demons believe and shudder”? (James 2:19) This takes “belief” into something beyond a mental acknowledgment of something…..it is more correct IMO, to use the term “exercise faith” rather than just “believe”. We can “believe“ like the demons or believe, like Jesus…..who demonstrated his faith in everything he did and taught. In no statement of scripture is sin excusable, so for the minor misdeeds, those carried out because sin was born into our DNA, (Rom 5:12) Jesus’ death covered the ones we inherited from Adam. But for the serious sins which merited stronger punishment under his Law, there was intent and a deliberate disregard for what God said was NOT to be done. Jesus’ sacrifice did nothing to change that. Serious sin will never be tolerated unrepentantly. Repentance is the basis for forgiveness.

“Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins”. (Acts 2:38)
“Christian“ isn’t a label….it is a descriptor…..it is one who follows Christ as their model.
We can “believe“ but it means nothing unless it is followed by living in harmony with Christ’s teachings every day of our lives.

If I say I “have” a dog, that is one thing, but if I say I “exercise” my dog…that means you take your dog for a walk….our Christian “walk” is way more that just saying we “believe”…words are empty without action……we show it by the way we live our lives…..just as Jesus did and left us the model. (1 Pete 2:21) “Faith without works is dead”.…yet you say we don’t need them.

So starting there I already see large gaps in your arguments.

All of the words addressed to God’s elect here, apply to them….but not as literal to the ones who will be their subjects on earth. Those chosen to be “kings and priests” in the Kingdom of God, will have subjects and sinners who are still on earth. Those raised to heaven have proven “faithful to their death” and so are rewarded with immortal spirit life in heaven…a place where humans of flesh and blood cannot go.
Did God create humans for nothing?

The first humans were offered everlasting life in mortal flesh, but it was conditional….they had to obey their Creator who was being the perfect parent in keeping his children from harm. The “knowledge of good and evil” was not simply knowing what was ‘good and bad’, but trusting God to tell them the difference. Look around you….it is clear that the majority of humans do not know the difference from God’s perspective. Their own interpretation is distorted by sin.

The “born again” believers seem to see heaven as the end rather than the means to a foretold end. You can’t seem to see past this “born again” status that puts everything else in a grey area. God isn’t about “grey”….he is very black and white. You can never make sin into something that doesn’t require effort to control. “Self control” is a fruitage of God’s spirit and sins under God’s law were met with a penalty that befitted the crime…..some were not serious sins, whilst others merited the death penalty, so sin is not all encompassing as you seem to believe it is.

We cannot deliberately sin as if Jesus has us covered no matter what we do. We CAN lose our salvation by failing to obey God…..it’s not that hard a concept, surely…?
“You, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on your guard so that you may not be led astray with them by the error of the lawless people and fall from your own steadfastness. (2 Peter 3:17)

You seem to be so busy focused on the life you think you have now, that you fail to bring this life in sinful flesh, “into captivity, making it obedient to the Christ”. (2 Cor 10:5)
God gave Israel his laws for a reason…..to show them how inadequate they were to follow through on what he told them to do, due to their sinfulness. They needed a redeemer and the Law was a constant reminder of that fact.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You really ought to do some research on Genesis to see why God put humans on planet earth in the first place. He went to a lot of trouble to make this planet into the “Goldilocks” home of our solar system. There was never even a hint of humans ever going anywhere else when God created man in his image and likeness. He was to “fill the earth and subdue it“…what did that mean?

This earth was to created to be inhabited by those endowed with God’s qualities so that they would be the best caretakers of all that God created here. There was no mention of death, except as a consequence of disobedience. Humans were not created to die.
So we have God’s statement at Genesis 3:22-24…
Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever,—” 23 With that Jehovah God expelled him from the garden of Eʹden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. 24 So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of Eʹden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.

This shows us that living forever was possible in mortal flesh because of access to “the tree of life”. When access was denied, the humans began to die. Sin corrupted their flesh and they then had no superiority over the animals in death. (Eccl 3:19-20)
I have read and studied them all, and I do not read into them what you do….

Everlasting life does not have to be lived in heaven…..those redeemed by God through the ransom provided by Jesus, will live on earth where the Creator put us in the first place.
What are the words of the Lord’s Prayer?….”thy kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”…..the ‘coming’ of God’s Kingdom will mean that those on earth will be blessed with the sort of conditions that exist in heaven…..in peace and perfect harmony, forever rid of the influences of God’s adversary and his cronies, so that ‘God’s will is done’ in all the realms where his intelligent creatures reside.
The Kingdom of God is not something that is mysteriously placed inside a person…it is a real “government” if you look up Isaiah 9:6-7, you will see that what is placed on the shoulders of “the Prince of Peace” is a “government”…a ruling body made up of its King and his associate rulers…his elect…his bride.

A “kingdom” is made up of “king” and his “dom”ain…..Jesus is the appointed king, and he has those chosen to be “kings and priests” to rule with him. (Rev 20:6) These are resurrected “first”.
Since kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties….they will have subjects on earth, bringing these ones back into reconciliation with God with a thousand years to accomplish it. (Rev 21:2-4)

Daniel foretold that “in the days“ of the last kings of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image, the God of heaven would set up a kingdom that would “crush” all earthly kingdoms out of existence, and replace them as man’s only ruling authority. (Daniel 2:44) This is God’s Kingdom……not the airy fairy thing that you seem to want to accept as truth. God’s kingdom is real, and it is in opposition to all earthly governments because these are all under the influence of God’s adversary. (1 John 5:19)

We are living in the days of those last kings….and the coming of the Lord Jesus to judge the world will soon be upon us……who will survive….? Whom will he judge as “sheep” and “goats”? (Matt 7:21-23) It won’t be the ones claiming to be followers of Christ, but those “doing the will of the Father”.

Won’t it be interesting to find out how it all ends?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is another.

John.11 Verses 25 to 26​

1. [25] Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
It always makes me smile when you quote scripture that you think supports your beliefs, but all it does is indicate how scripturally inadequate you are for one supposedly led by God’s spirit…..that verse does not mean what you think it does.
The wording in that dinosaur of a Bible you use does not help.

What is the context?
He was addressing the Samaritan woman at the well….Samaritans had some similar beliefs to the Jews as Jesus indicated by his conversation with her…..they had a parallel systems of worship on different mountains considered holy to them. (John 4:20-23) Have you read the entire passage….apparently not or you could never have quoted it out of context like that.

Jews and Samaritans although they shared belief in the resurrection, (as opposed to the false belief of
immortality of the soul, adopted later from pagan religions) were mortal enemies…..hated and avoided.
This is what made Jesus parable of the Good Samaritan so unpalatable to the Jews because a despised Samaritan was the hero of the story whereas the Jews were the uncaring self righteous ones.

Jesus indicated to the woman that salvation originated with the Jews and though faithful ones of his elect would die, it wasn’t the end of life for them. The resurrection would restore their lives as he was the one through whom the resurrection would come……but not in this realm. Their resurrection would be “first”. (Rev 20:6) The general resurrection of mankind would come later. (John 5:28-29)

When it comes the time for Jesus to manifest himself and judge the world, those of his elect who are still alive when that happens, (“who liveth and believe”) these are the ones who will “never die.” They will be instantly transformed (“changed in the twinkling of an eye”) to join their Lord and their fellow elect in the spirit realm, (1 Thess 4:17) so that “the end” of the present world system can be accomplished.

Unless you have context, the words can mean anything you want them to say, if they are taken out of context…..the lie becomes truth.

• Haha

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It always makes me smile when you quote scripture that you think supports your beliefs, but all it does is indicate how scripturally inadequate you are for one supposedly led by God’s spirit…..that verse does not mean what you think it does.
The wording in that dinosaur of a Bible you use does not help.

What is the context?
He was addressing the Samaritan woman at the well….Samaritans had some similar beliefs to the Jews as Jesus indicated by his conversation with her…..they had a parallel systems of worship on different mountains considered holy to them. (John 4:20-23) Have you read the entire passage….apparently not or you could never have quoted it out of context like that.

Jews and Samaritans although they shared belief in the resurrection, (as opposed to the false belief of
immortality of the soul, adopted later from pagan religions) were mortal enemies…..hated and avoided.
This is what made Jesus parable of the Good Samaritan so unpalatable to the Jews because a despised Samaritan was the hero of the story whereas the Jews were the uncaring self righteous ones.

Jesus indicated to the woman that salvation originated with the Jews and though faithful ones of his elect would die, it wasn’t the end of life for them. The resurrection would restore their lives as he was the one through whom the resurrection would come……but not in this realm. Their resurrection would be “first”. (Rev 20:6) The general resurrection of mankind would come later. (John 5:28-29)

Do you actually understand what God’s word is saying there?

Though he were dead?...which means what?

I am the resurrection and the life, which means what to a Born Again?

Though he were dead ,yet shall he live?

You have just interpreted your own understanding of God’s word...as in “ You”

So in order for us to come “ Alive” ...what does that mean?
When it comes the time for Jesus to manifest himself and judge the world, those of his elect who are still alive when that happens, (“who liveth and believe”) these are the ones who will “never die.” They will be instantly transformed (“changed in the twinkling of an eye”) to join their Lord and their fellow elect in the spirit realm, (1 Thess 4:17) so that “the end” of the present world system can be accomplished.

Unless you have context, the words can mean anything you want them to say, if they are taken out of context…..the lie becomes truth.

Absolute tripe, you have just led yourself through that scripture..imo....you study in your own strength and it shows.

As I have posted a million times...you must be Born Again of the Spirit of God...to understand God’s word, why , because without the Holy Spirit who is in our spirit, leads us through scripture.

As I’ve said many times...you make up your own story...therefore void as your words are dead and not alive in the Spirit.

Just a load of man made “ CRAP”!!...insulting to the word of God!!!

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You really ought to do some research on Genesis to see why God put humans on planet earth in the first place. He went to a lot of trouble to make this planet into the “Goldilocks” home of our solar system. There was never even a hint of humans ever going anywhere else when God created man in his image and likeness. He was to “fill the earth and subdue it“…what did that mean?

This earth was to created to be inhabited by those endowed with God’s qualities so that they would be the best caretakers of all that God created here. There was no mention of death, except as a consequence of disobedience. Humans were not created to die.
So we have God’s statement at Genesis 3:22-24…
Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever,—” 23 With that Jehovah God expelled him from the garden of Eʹden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. 24 So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of Eʹden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life.

This shows us that living forever was possible in mortal flesh because of access to “the tree of life”. When access was denied, the humans began to die. Sin corrupted their flesh and they then had no superiority over the animals in death. (Eccl 3:19-20)

I have read and studied them all, and I do not read into them what you do….

Everlasting life does not have to be lived in heaven…..those redeemed by God through the ransom provided by Jesus, will live on earth where the Creator put us in the first place.
What are the words of the Lord’s Prayer?….”thy kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”…..the ‘coming’ of God’s Kingdom will mean that those on earth will be blessed with the sort of conditions that exist in heaven…..in peace and perfect harmony, forever rid of the influences of God’s adversary and his cronies, so that ‘God’s will is done’ in all the realms where his intelligent creatures reside.
The Kingdom of God is not something that is mysteriously placed inside a person…it is a real “government” if you look up Isaiah 9:6-7, you will see that what is placed on the shoulders of “the Prince of Peace” is a “government”…a ruling body made up of its King and his associate rulers…his elect…his bride.

A “kingdom” is made up of “king” and his “dom”ain…..Jesus is the appointed king, and he has those chosen to be “kings and priests” to rule with him. (Rev 20:6) These are resurrected “first”.
Since kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties….they will have subjects on earth, bringing these ones back into reconciliation with God with a thousand years to accomplish it. (Rev 21:2-4)

Daniel foretold that “in the days“ of the last kings of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image, the God of heaven would set up a kingdom that would “crush” all earthly kingdoms out of existence, and replace them as man’s only ruling authority. (Daniel 2:44) This is God’s Kingdom……not the airy fairy thing that you seem to want to accept as truth. God’s kingdom is real, and it is in opposition to all earthly governments because these are all under the influence of God’s adversary. (1 John 5:19)

We are living in the days of those last kings….and the coming of the Lord Jesus to judge the world will soon be upon us……who will survive….? Whom will he judge as “sheep” and “goats”? (Matt 7:21-23) It won’t be the ones claiming to be followers of Christ, but those “doing the will of the Father”.

Won’t it be interesting to find out how it all ends?
I don’t need to research anything, I’m Born Again...therefore led through scripture by the Holy Spirit.

I never read your tripe, because there is “ NO LIFE” in your silly words.....your interpretation / opinion of God’s word is void.and dead in Spirit talk.

One must be “ Birthed in the Spirit “.....there is no power in your words....because it comes from “ YOU” and not the Spirit of God....

All that you post is your own “ ManmadeTripe”......i suggest you start ignoring me, as I don’t want to listen to your rubbish.....if you don’t I will contact admin.

You believe what you like....don’t force your ridiculous crap onto me!!..thanks.

And imo, it makes God angry...

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You believe what you like....don’t force your ridiculous crap onto me!!..thanks.
I won’t if you won’t.....promise.....I don’t see anyone with a big stick forcing you to read what I write.....do you?

And imo, it makes God angry...
No, but apparently it makes you angry.....don’t put words in God’s mouth....We will all find out soon enough what makes him angry....believe me....:ummm: